Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

*** Disney Plus has unveiled a fresh teaser poster and trailer for "Han River Police" along with the eagerly anticipated release date. In the poster, Doo Jin (portrayed by Kwon Sang Woo) declares, “Clear the path! The Han River Police Unit is in motion!” The trailer kicks off with Han River police officers roaring “Han River!” as they salute, swiftly transitioning to their rapid deployment in safeguarding the river’s visitors from potential threats. "Han River Police"  will premiere on September 13th.   :ohboy2:

120752930.1.jpg

Source: Disney Plus

*** As we know it, the Han River is the go-to spot for people looking for cute dates, deep introspection, and late night ramyun vibes. It’s already a character of its own, but in the Disney+ action comedy Han River Police, we get to see a new side to Seoul’s favorite body of water — specifically the cops that work to keep crime off its streets. Han River Police will premiere on Disney+ and Hulu on September 13. Kwon Sang-woo in a lead role again...... I can see him again in my small screen.   :Ohboy3:

*** Upcoming Disney+ series “Han River Police” has unveiled posters of its six main characters! The new character posters highlight the distinct personalities of the six characters. First, there is Du Jin, played by Kwon Sang Woo, who exhibits a strong conviction to safeguard the river. His caption reads, “Protect the river!” and “First, we go [to the scene].” “Han River” will premiere on Disney+ on September 13.   :heart2beat:

kwon-sang-woo.jpg

0003296518_001_20230824143901355.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=241&aid=0003296518

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From Kwon Sang Woo To Kim Hee Won And Sung Dong Il, Meet The “Han River Police” Team

20230825011047_han-river-police.png?s=90

Upcoming Disney+ series “Han River Police” has unveiled posters of its six main characters!

“Han River” is an action-comedy drama that follows the Han River Police Team as they become embroiled in crimes surrounding the river they guard day and night.

The new character posters highlight the distinct personalities of the six characters, along with their respective goals and beliefs, through eye-catching captions and expressive faces. Each character has their unique strain of personality and leadership, which is revealed through their poster’s caption.

First, there is Du Jin, played by Kwon Sang Woo, who exhibits a strong conviction to safeguard the river. His caption reads, “Protect the river!” and “First, we go [to the scene].”

Spoiler

kwon-sang-woo.jpg

In contrast, there is Chun Seok (played by Kim Hee Won), whose caption declares, “First, we go home.” His eagerness for an early departure from work, emphasized by his frown, adds a touch of humor to his job-worn demeanor.

kim-hee-won.jpg

Then there is Na Hee (played by Bae Da Bin), who exudes extraordinary competitiveness. Her caption reads, “Bring it on!” and “First, we get involved.”

bae-da-bin.jpg

Officer Ji Soo (played by Shin Hyun Seung) is driven by his own goals, which mostly have to do with preventing muscle loss. He is also characterized by the caption, “First, we ask questions.”

shin-hyun-seung.jpg

The last of the bunch is the chief officer, played by Sung Dong Il. He rallies up the team with the motto, “First, we get everyone together.”

sung-dong-il.jpg

The posters also hint at the intense showdown coming up between the Han River Police and the cunning villain Ki Seok (played by Lee Sang Yi), who goes by the phrases “Destroy the Han River!” and “First, we run.”

lee-sang-yi.jpg

“Han River” will premiere on Disney+ on September 13.

credit : soompi news

*** I'm sure "Han River Police" will be a good drama and will deliver. This is with a good mix of veterans and a talented pool of younger actors. I’m already cracking up at Kwon Sang Woo’s and Kim Hee Won’s antics and comic timing.   :kisslevel:

screenshot_20230830_131229_youtube.jpg?w

*** This drama is about to land on our small screens as we face "ber" months, guys!     :Fist1:

Most anticipated Korean dramas this September 2023!

3. Han River Police

D_Han-River-Police-Teaser-Poster-Portrai

(Photo Courtesy of Disney+)

Starring: Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Sang Yi, Kim Hee Won, and Shin Hyeon Seung

Release Date: September 13, 2023

Synopsis: Han River Police is a fictional comedy-action series that depicts the crazy antics of Seoul’s Han River Police Force as they patrol the waterways and respond to emergencies including terrorist incidents, accidents, and more.

Streaming Platform: Disney+

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2023/09/02/most-anticipated-korean-dramas-this-september-2023/

12+ New K-Dramas Set To Premiere In September 2023

Fall is arriving along with several new K-dramas to get excited for!

Here are some new dramas to look out for in September:

“Han River Police”

han-river-police.jpeg

Cast: Kwon Sang Woo, Kim Hee Won, Lee Sang Yi, Bae Da Bin, Shin Hyun Seung, etc.

Premiere Date: September 13

Broadcast Details: Wednesdays on Disney+

“Han River” is an action-comedy drama that follows the Han River Police Team as they become embroiled in crimes surrounding the river they guard day and night. Kwon Sang Woo transforms into Han Doo Jin, a hot-tempered police officer with a strong sense of justice, while Kim Hee Won will take on the role of Lee Chun Seok who has the exact opposite personality of Han Doo Jin.

credit : soompi news

*** On September 11, Kwon Sang-woo guested on KBS Cool FM's radio show hosted by comedian Park Myung-soo. In the show, he gushed with pride over his beautiful wife, actress Son Tae-young. When the host asked him if he would watch his upcoming series, 'Han River Police' together with his wife, he said they do not really watch his works together. He remarked, "I think she is watching every work I do, but she doesn't really tell me about it, and even pretends she didn't watch it." Kwon Sang Woo gave a sweet response to the host question whether he was excellent at expressing his love for his wife: "Is there a husband who doesn't adore their wife?" Son Tae-young and her children are currently residing in New Jersey for schooling while Kwon Sang-woo is in Korea. He talked about being apart from his family and how much he missed them. Kwon Sang Woo admitted, "I go to them every time I finish a project, and it has been four months since my last visit. I spend a lot of alone time at home, and it gets lonely. I don't miss my wife too much when I'm busy working, but it's like we're back in the honeymoon phase every time I get to see her again." The host remembered his past remark about Son Tae-young and wondered if he still felt the same way. "You once said that Son Tae-young looked the most beautiful when she woke up in the morning. Do you still think the same way?" And his answer was yes. Kwon Sang Woo said, "She still is. She goes to bed early, sleeps a lot, and wakes up looking radiant. Despite what some people may believe, I think the appearance of a spouse is quite important in marriage. Her beauty never ceases to amaze me."  :kaching3:

201832151_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** Disney Plus will release comedy action drama “Han River Police”.  The drama is expected to provide new watching experiences by introducing several incidents that happen at the Han River, where citizens often visit to play sports and relax. With a total of six episodes, the drama will release two episodes every Wednesday starting TODAY from September 13th.   :hypehype:

han-river-1-091223-330x470.jpg

Han River sets the stage for crimes, heroic rescues in 'Han River Police'

20230912000751_0.jpg

Veteran actors Kwon Sang-woo and Kim Hee-won, and rising stars Bae Da-bin and Shin Hyeon-seung band together against Gi-seok (played by Lee Sang-yi), a malicious villain, in “Han River Police,” a new action comedy series premiering on Disney+ on Wednesday.

The six-part series tells the stories of police officers who seek to ensure peace at the Han River, the main river which runs through the city.

Director Kim Sang-cheol, who makes his streaming service debut with “Han River Police,” shared that the series was inspired by his own experiences.

“I spent a lot of time relieving my stress at Hangang Park. And one day, I witnessed the police rescuing a person who had tried to commit suicide. I learned that there is a special team working at the Han River, known as the Han River police,” Kim said at a press conference at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul on Tuesday.

“We are very familiar with the (river itself), but the Han River police are not as well-known. I was inspired by the rescue team and wanted to tell more stories about these heroes, ranging from minor daily events to a civilian rescue,” the director added.

The actors said they wanted to take part in “Han River Police” as the series is set in a location that holds a special place in their hearts.

Kwon, in particular, did not hide his expectations for the upcoming series.

“The Han River has been shown in countless Korean films and TV dramas. But, not many projects featured a major crime case at the Han River. (The show captured) a new approach and made me want to star in the series,” Kwon said.

“Many people take a walk or drive to areas near the Han River. Our team was fortunate to check out different spots along (the river). If you visit the Han River at night, you can see various bridges which mesmerize onlookers with their unique (vistas),” the actor said while adding that the series will offer both exciting chase scenes and encapsulate the beauty of Seoul’s Han River.

Two episodes of “Han River Police” are scheduled to be released on Wednesday. Following that, two episodes will be released every week.

The six-part series will be available exclusively on Disney+.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230912000750

*** Finally..... "Han River Police" has premiered yesterday on Disney+ with only (6) EPs. Seems short but, I'm happy to see Kwon Sang Woo back on my screen. The drama seems hilarious and fresh since we could look at crime prevention on the Han River. I've watched him in "Curtain Call" but, I was feeling painful for his underdeveloped role in that drama. I hope his drama will be fun throughout! I hope this policemen on duty will be showing us that they're taking their jobs seriously. - hahaha - The Han River is often featured in many of the k-dramas we watch, but what we usually see are things happening around it. It's already on Hulu (US)! I was surprised that Han River Police popped up on Hulu.  I love how it’s just marked “comedy.” I'm happy that Disney+ brings back Kwon Sang-woo and let him shine this time, please.   :blush:

*** Kwon Sang Woo, Kim Hee Won, Lee Sang Yi, and the rest of the "Han River Police" cast attended the press conference on September 12. I’ve read a couple of reviews, and it was described as being light and breezy. I’m totally for something that doles out warmth and comedy, especially with a reliable cast. The drama has begun its run on Disney Plus.   :heart1:

news-p.v1.20230912.02a8657311a5449ea0172

article.jpg?w=1400&h=

03.34486838.1.jpg?w=1400&h=

photos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2023/09/13/han-river-police-press-conference/#jp-carousel-71161

*** “Justice. Powerful. Action.” - These are the words Lee Sang-yi used to describe Kwon Sang Woo’s character of Han Du Jin in "Han River Police."  Luckily, Team Annyeong Oppa was given an opportunity to spend a one-on-one virtual interview with the lead stars of Han River Police, no other than…Kwon Sang Woo and Lee Sang Yi!  They asked the actors how they balance and synergize the action and comedy in the series. As to Kwon Sang Woo: "Honestly, we weren’t able to visualize the comedy upon reading the script. Since the drama contains a lot of action, we tried infusing the comedy while shooting it."  They asked the lead actors if they could relate to their characters in real life. So we asked them if there was a certain trait from their portrayed roles that they could relate to.

Here are their answers:

Lee Sang-yi: My role is a villain but I noticed how straightforward my character is, and he is the type of person who cannot be stopped by anything. Just like how I prepared my role for this drama…but I am not an evil person like my character! 

Kwon Sang-woo: As Han Du-jin, I am a member of the Han River Police Force, so I will do everything to ensure the safety of the area. I can relate to this character because Du-jin is someone who is diligent, and very proactive. 

They were also asked A line that struck them the most...................To Kwon Sang-woo, instead of a line, he was really struck with the role of Sang-yi. Because, unlike the predictable police roles, Ki-seok stood out the most. 

Lastly, they asked them to describe their characters oppositely. Kwon Sang-woo described Go Ki-seok, he said: "fun, evil, and scary."   :happyshakes:

D_Han-River-Police-Teaser-Poster-Portrai

Untitled-design-25.png?resize=768,432&ss

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2023/09/22/ao-exclusive-one-on-one-with-han-river-polices-lee-sang-yi-and-kwon-sang-woo/