Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Kwon Sang-woo leads easy-watching series 'Han River Police' on Disney+

Actor Kwon Sang-woo, center-left, plays Doo-jin, a Han River patrol police officer who fights crime along the riverbanks of the Han River in Seoul, in Disney+'s ″Han River Police″ [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]

Actor Kwon Sang-woo, center-left, plays Doo-jin, a Han River patrol police officer who fights crime along the riverbanks of the Han River in Seoul, in Disney+'s ″Han River Police″ [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]

Sometimes, it's nice to just sit down and watch a relaxing drama or film that doesn't require much thinking. Disney+’s new original series “Han River Police” is just that kind of drama, according to veteran actor Kwon Sang-woo, who plays the lead in the new series.

“'Han River Police’ is about a group of officers who patrol the riverbanks of the Han River in Seoul and catch small crimes happening there, which is a very simple premise and also close to our everyday life,” Kwon said during an online interview with reporters on Sept. 21. “It’s not anything too special, but it’s something viewers can watch without having to think too much."

Kwon plays Han Doo-jin, a police officer working for the Mangwon branch of the Han River patrol squad. His character is a do-it-yourself type of person with a serious side, who does not hesitate to chase after suspects on his own and fight them with his bare fists. Kwon says he was lucky to have more time and opportunities to develop his character than he originally thought, as the story was initially created to be a single film.

Actor Kwon Sang-woo [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]

Actor Kwon Sang-woo [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]

“The storyline and character development changed when we decided to make it into a six-episode drama series instead of a feature film,” Kwon said. “We added both more comical scenes and scenes where Doo-jin’s serious side could be shown. That added more depth and complexity to my character.”

As “Han River Police” takes place mainly around a riverbank, there are many underwater scenes. Filming underwater action scenes wasn’t that hard for Kwon, who is unafraid of most things, the actor said.

“I don’t easily get scared or challenged by most things, and I feel joy from trying something new — so filming those underwater scenes came easily,” Kwon said. “I also thought that if it wasn’t for this particular drama I would probably never get to experience something like this. So I did it with a sense of fun and a lot of enjoyment, and the scenes turned out well.”

Many who have seen “Han River Police” have praised Kwon’s bromance with fellow cast member Kim Hee-won, and the diverse characteristics of the supporting characters and antagonists, played by Park Jeong-hwan, Sung Dong-il and Lee Sang-yi. The cast built a camaraderie while filming because of the particularly cold weather, which led to real friendships being shown on camera.

A scene from the Disney+ drama ″Han River Police″ [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]

A scene from the Disney+ drama ″Han River Police″ [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]

Kwon, who debuted in 2001 through the television drama “Delicious Proposal,” rose to stardom with the hit romantic comedy “My Tutor Friend” (2003) and the melodrama series “Stairway to Heaven” (2003). Ever since then, Kwon hasn’t been able to shake off the pressure for his dramas and films to do well, the actor confessed.

“I feel pressure for each and every work that I end up doing — I don’t think it will go away,” Kwon said. “Another thing that bothers me is that after I got married, I haven't been getting as many roles in romantic comedies [laughs]. I am also waiting for a more serious role in a film to be shown to audiences by next year.”

BY LIM JEONG-WON [lim.jeongwon@joongang.co.kr]

• 2 weeks later...

Topping the Charts: Here are 7 of the Most Highly Rated K-Dramas Ever

With a plethora of K-dramas that have graced our television screens in the last couple of years, choosing where to begin can often be a daunting task. However, fret not, as we bring you a carefully curated list of seven standout dramas that have not only earned rave reviews but have also left a great markon the Hallyu wave.

7. "Stairway to Heaven": Prepare to be taken on an emotional journey with this drama that beautifully weaves a tapestry of love, family, and relationships. The touching narrative has cemented its place as one of the most popular dramas of all time, garnering a rating of 45.3% for its finale.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/10/topping-the-charts-here-are-7-of-the-most-highly-rated-dramas-ever

• 2 weeks later...

*** On October 23, Son Tae-young updated her YouTube channel with a hilarious video of Kwon Sang-woo. Here, he jokingly complained about his daughter wiping her lips after kissing him. Also, the video showed Kwon Sang-woo giving his daughter Ri-ho a ride on an 'airplane' made with his legs. When he asked Ri-ho how many times she wanted to go on his leg plane, she excitedly told him, "10 times!" And as a price, Kwon Sang-woo asked her for 10 kisses on his cheek. Instead of willing to give her father kisses without hesitation, she hesitantly went, "I already gave you one earlier." To this, Kwon Sang-woo responded, "Well, that was that, and this is this.", then he turned his face away from her. Ri-ho started her 10-kiss race on his cheek, but she was seen wiping her lips each time she kissed him. Seeing her do that, Kwon Sang-woo commented, "Am I some sort of trash or something?" During the 10th time, Kwon Sang-woo unexpectedly turned his face toward her, making their lips meet; once again, Ri-ho was quick to wiped her lips. Son Tae-young laughed hard next to him, filming this funny father-daughter moment.  :loveu:

201848318_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** Recently, a post on social media surprised netizens as they saw one of Korea’s top actors with the award-winning Hollywood director, Steven Spielberg. On October 30, Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young were pictured with him. And Kwon Sang Woo and Steven Spielberg were pictured having a conversation. In her post, Son Tae Young called the meeting more than a mere coincidence and complimented the director’s kind personality.   :heart2beat:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzAajFEuSgg/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=01b4b149-a37a-4958-9a1c-bd1dea2ddd58

7037_9SU7LkTGn_cLBSwi_q_Ghe_ve5w_GSrOfqG

bA_jYj5jeThTAb-VFAcSMt3WUwwU-m4njYHcMr5U

source : https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20231030_0002501589&cID=10601&pID=10600

*** On October 30, Son Tae-young uploaded a video titled 'The Shocking Balance Game that Almost Destroyed Kwon Sang-woo·Son Tae-young's Marriage' was uploaded on her YouTube channel. In the video, the couple played several rounds of a game called 'balance game', in which they had to choose the better option out of two in a given situation. When the two were asked to choose between the partner who wants to celebrate every anniversary of their relationship and the partner who never does. Son Tae-young chose the former one and said, "My husband is quite fond of celebrating those anniversaries." "That's why I wrote all of them down here.", Kwon Sang-woo said before showing the inside of his arm toward the camera to reveal a tattoo there. On his arm, the names and birthdays of his mother, Son Tae-young, and their son and daughter were tattooed. "Some people were curious about how this tattoo happened. When I was filming KBS' drama 'Queen of Mystery' (2017), a very famous tattoo artist was right next to our set. So, my manager and I went there and got tattoos.", he explained and said that his mother and his wife were not so happy about it. "I knew how much Son Tae-young dislikes tattoos. So, after getting it, I took a picture of it and sent it to her to see how she felt about it. 'You wrote it with a pen, it's obvious. You should probably get rid of it before you come home.', was her reply. I was like, 'Oh no. I'm so screwed. So, for a few months, Son Tae-young chewed me out every time she saw the tattoo. But you know what? Our kids love it when they see it. I think they like that their daddy wrote their names and birthdays on his body. Someday, when I get old and have dementia, people will find me because of this tattoo."  :kitty:

201851099_700.webp

201851098_700.webp

*** On Nov 3rd, a new video was uploaded on the YouTube channel “Mrs. New Jersey Son Tae-young”.  Son Tae-young said, “Some people in the comments wanted me to do a What’s In My Bag content, so I decided to do that.“ And she had supplements with Kwon Sang-woo and their daughter Ri-ho. Ri-ho said “I’m making a book” and talked about the content of the book she is making. Hearing the content of the book that Ri-ho is making herself, Kwon Sang-woo told her, “Isn’t that your story? You always hold hands with your friends and come out smiling when I pick you up. That’s really nice.”  Suddenly, Ri-ho took Kwon Sang-woo’s phone to check and caused laughter as she said, “I have to see if you have another girlfriend.” Son Tae-young chimed in, “I raised my daughter well. I don’t look at my husband’s phone. My daughter does that.” Kwon Sang-woo looked at his daughter and complained “I’m really tired“, making everyone burst into laughter.  :heart1:

son-tae-young-111-110523.webp

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20231103n29426

• 1 month later...

*** Recently, Son Tae-young updated her YouTube channel with a new video. The video showed Son Tae-young following Kwon Sang-woo to the gym that he goes to. Here, Kwon Sang-woo revealed that he works out to look good for his wife. At the gym, Kwon Sang-woo demonstrated his workout routine, which began with back muscle-building, then shoulders, chest, abs and legs. During his workout, he told his wife, "I generally work out for about an hour, four times a week. But I've been coming twice a week because I've been too exhausted from parenting lately," then laughed. "It's crucial for guys to work on their backs. You've got to have the right amount of muscle on your back to look good. If you have a wide back, you'll look great with your clothes on as well. Copy my routine if you want to become big." As soon as Kwon Sang-woo finished saying this, Son Tae-young said loudly, "What? No! I don't want you to become too big. Do take my preference into account, please!" Kwon Sang-woo laughed hard, then exercised his arms, while Son Tae-young is watching him. She was seen speaking to herself, "Wow. If I'm ever annoyed with him, I should come here and watch him doing his arms. That'll probably make me feel better." After that, Kwon Sang-woo prepared himself for an abs workout; at that time, he commented, "Tae-young hates seeing my six-pack fade." To this, Son Tae-young responded, "When did I say that I hated it?!" Kwon Sang-woo replied, "Well, whenever my six-pack starts to fade, you say things like, 'You don't really work out these days, do you?' So, I'm going to do another set today," then he proceeded to work really hard on his abs, purely for her love.  :kicks:

201870069_700.webp

• 1 month later...

These Sizzling Hot Korean Actors Are Over 40 Years Old [Updated 2024]

Many actors are sexy but these Korean actors, indeed, aged like a fine wine. They are in their prime age, but they are still ravishing and gorgeous even more than when they were younger. With their looks, it's hard to tell of their age unless we get to know their birth dates. From Joo Jin Mo to Won Bin to Lee Byung Hun, these sizzling hot Korean actors are over 40 years old!

Kwon Sang Woo

Kwon Sang Woo gained stardom in the melodrama series "Stairway to Heaven." He is also a successful businessman and one of the shareholders of the resort Ocean Blue Hotel Bali.

kwon-sang-woo.png?w=820

The hunk actor is notable for his works: "Queen of Mystery," "The Accidental Detective," "Temptation," "Delayed Justice," among others.

Kwong Sang Woo recently starred in "The Pirates: The Last Treasure," alongside esteemed stars Han Hyo Joo, Kang Ha Neul, Lee Kwang Soo, Chae Soo Bin, Oh Sehun (EXO), and more.

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118341/20240125/these-hottest-korean-actors-over-40-years-old.htm

10 Tear-Jerking Korean Dramas That Will Tug at Your Heartstrings

10-tear-jerking-korean-dramas-that-will-

Korean dramas, known for their intense emotional depth, impeccable storytelling, and memorable characters, have a special place in the hearts of viewers worldwide. If you're looking for stories that resonate with the soul, here's a list of 10 Korean dramas that guarantee an emotional rollercoaster.

These dramas will make you reach for tissues while leaving a lasting impression.

2."Stairway to Heaven" (2003)

Main Leads: Kwon Sang-woo, Choi Ji-woo
Plot: This drama follows the life of Jung-suh and Song-joo, childhood friends destined for each other until fate takes a tragic turn. The series is renowned for its emotional intensity and has become a staple of Korean melodrama.

stairway-to-heaven-2003.jpg?w=820

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/132944/20240125/10-tear-jerking-korean-dramas-will-tug-heartstrings.htm

• 4 weeks later...

*** On February 19, Son Tae-young uploaded a video titled 'Interview with Ri-ho (9 years old) Surprises Mommy Son Tae-young and Daddy Kwon Sang-woo' on her YouTube channel. Ri-ho, who is living in the United States, talked about a racist comment she heard at school and how she responded to it. She appeared on Son Tae-young's YouTube channel several times. "How do you feel about your recent online popularity?", Son Tae-young asked Ri-ho. Ri-ho replied, "It feels good getting attention, but at the same time, I don't like it. Getting too much attention makes me feel uncomfortable. I have friends who are boys, but I don't have a boyfriend. I don't want it.", Ri-ho replied when asked if she has a boyfriend, which caused Son Tae-young to chuckle and say, "It would have bummed out your dad if you said you had one." Ri-ho also mentioned that she is not sure who she prefers more, her dad or older brother; "I don't know. My brother is always cranky, and Daddy doesn't play with me much." When Son Tae-young asked Ri-ho how she would describe her mother, Ri-ho told her, "You are kind. And you're pretty, so I'm pretty, too.", making Son Tae-young proudly smile. After chatting for a while, Ri-ho said, "There's something I want to share.", and began sharing an experience she had at school. "At school, a boy told me, 'You're a Japanian.'. Not only it was offensive to me, but it was also offensive to the Japanese. They are Japanese, not 'Japanian'.", she remarked and added, "So I told him that 'Japanian' is not a word and that he should work on his grammar." Son Tae-young then told Ri-ho that the boy might not have known that. :heart2:

201896931_700.webp

• 4 weeks later...

*** On March 13, Son Tae-young updated her YouTube with a new video. Here, Son Tae-young reminisced about a time she felt particularly upset with Kwon Sang-woo during her first pregnancy. In this video, Son Tae-young and Kwon Sang-woo were seen going to different Korean restaurants in New Jersey. At the first restaurant, they ordered a beef hotpot along with tteokbokki. Lightly laughing, Kwon Sang-woo looked at the camera and stated, "Everyone, listen. When Son Tae-young was pregnant with our first child, I made tteokbokki for her at home. We had tteokbokki on the carpet. And I had a glass of wine with it. But Son Tae-young accidentally knocked over my wine glass on the carpet, spilling wine everywhere. She got very upset with me." In response, Son Tae-young jokingly complained, "Yeah, I was! Since you made a pregnant woman sit on the carpet, and you felt sorry for the carpet because I spilled wine on it! That was really mean of you!" Kwon Sang-woo responded, "Well, I had to clean everything up, you know!"   :Megalol:

201906833_700.webp

• 4 weeks later...

Here are 7 Tear Jerker K-Dramas that are a Must-Watch

“Queen of Tears” promises an emotional odyssey that will have you reaching for tissues episode after episode. Whether it’s the anguish of a broken heart, the poignant moments of sadness, or the joyous triumphs of love, this series ensures a veritable rollercoaster of feelings. It's a heart-wrenching narrative of two lovers caught in the throes of destiny, guaranteed to captivate fans of tear-jerking K-dramas.

For those eager for more emotionally charged stories, here are seven additional K-dramas that are sure to stir your heart:

1. “Stairway to Heaven”: Childhood friends turned long-lost lovers face fate's cruel twists as tragedy strikes, leaving Jung Suh battling with her looming loss of sight.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/04/if-queen-of-tears-has-you-bawling-here-are-7-tear-jerker-k-dramas-that-are-a-must-watch

*** The children of the couple Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young are stealing the spotlight online. The couple has been sharing glimpses of their son Lukhee and daughter Leeho on Son Tae Young’s social media and YouTube channel. However, they’re very careful not to show the kids’ faces directly, only posting pictures and videos from behind. They’ve explained that they made such a decision to respect their children’s privacy. Still, the internet is buzzing. I can’t help but be curious about Lukehee, who’s known for his resemblance to his dad since he was little. The same thing with Leeho. I'm curious if she is like her mom, too. Lukehee is already 15-year-old and is already a whopping 180cm (nearly 6 feet). He’s also into sports and dreams of becoming a soccer player.   :kaching3:

0001713330_002_20240412083101401.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=311&aid=0001713330

*** I re-watched his latest drama "Han River Police".   When I first heard about this series, I knew I had to add it to my watch list because Kwon Sang Woo is on it. However, after watching all six episodes, I am quite disappointed with the overall execution of the drama. Overall, I enjoyed the show to some extent, and I must give credit to Lee Sang Yi, who played a villain role here. Despite my criticism of this series, if you are a fan of Kwon Sang Woo, check this one out! The series starts on a high note; masked terrorists are hijacking a peaceful cruise along the river, holding its occupants hostage. Aside from the case-per-episode format, there’s also an overarching antagonist that tries to use the Han River as a means for his illicit activities. I love it because it’s a short series. The simplicity of the plot works well for the six episodes available, without becoming rushed in the finale. The criminal plot is not overly complicated and the twists are not overly tiring.  :kisslevel: