Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

On 7/14/2022 at 3:09 AM, irilight said:

@willenette, thank you for the updates! :)

I have not seen their movie "Love Again."  Have you? I am finding it is on Viki.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Hyun-sook Takes Pictures With Kwon Sang-woo

Kim Hyun-sook revealed a warm photo with Kwon Sang-woo.

Kim Hyun-sook posted on her Instagram on the 6th, "It's been a while since Sang-woo and I were on set early in the morning. It's already my fourth work with you. My oppa looks younger and cooler in person, but strangely, both of our mouths are smiling and our eyes look so tired. I'm fine on the outside, but I'm getting old on the inside", she posted proof shots with the caption.

In the photo, she is smiling affectionately, arm in arm with Kwon Sang-woo, wearing a black suit. Kim Hyun-sook has a bright expression in a pastel-toned suit, but Kwon Sang-woo is somewhat droopy, contrasting each other. Nevertheless, Kim Hyun-sook cheered bravely, saying, "Let's continue to work together".

Netizens say, "It's an unexpected combination", "I heard Kwon Sang-woo and Son Tae-young came back home, but they're busy", "They're both so cool and pretty", and "You must be doing a work together", I wish you a great success", and more.

source

@irilight  thanks for sharing this. Like you, I also haven't seen this movie but, I know it was on Viki then. Here's the poster for "Critical X".  This drama will be shown through Wavve on September 2.  :loveu:

photo1529416.jpg

poster sorce : Hancinema

• Thanks 1

***  Kwon Sang-woo acclaimed a comic performance that captured laughter, empathy, and all in this drama. Wavve original drama "Critical X", released its first stills showing the image of 'Mr. a' (Kwon Sang-woo). He said that it's a fun script without getting bored. He said that "Mr. a" is a character that he can do best. That's how confident he is.  "Critical X" will be released on September 2nd on wavve.  :piggie:

photo1531909.jpg

photo1531908.jpg

photo1531907.jpg

Spoiler

photo1531906.jpg

photo1531905.jpg

photos source : Hancinema

• Love 1

*** “X of Crisis” has shared new stills of Kwon Sang Woo! As Kwon Sang Woo and Sung Dong Il previously starred together in “The Accidental Detective” series, we can look forward to seeing their new and improved chemistry. KSW spoke about their chemistry with Sung Dong Il that he said the latter is a hyung that’s like family and his soul’s partner. He's so glad they are able to work on this project together. “X of Crisis” will premiere on September 2.   :blush:

Kwon-Sang-Woo-Sung-Dong-Il-1.jpeg

Kwon-Sang-Woo-1.jpeg

Kwon-Sang-Woo-Sung-Dong-Il-2.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=408&aid=0000164271

• Like 2

[Crisis X] It's done... it's done! It was X! Kwon Sang-woo in crisis is coming! | 1st Trailer | wave original

‘X In Crisis’: Kwon Sang-woo, Sung Dong-il star in hilarious new trailer

The new Korean comedy lands on Wavve next month

kwon sang-woo x in crisis trailer wavve k-drama

South Korean streaming platform Wavve has released the first trailer for its upcoming comedy series, X In Crisis (a literal translation of its Korean title).

X In Crisis begins streaming from September 2 onwards on Wavve. A new preview, shared on August 5, gives the first glimpse into the hilarious comedy of the series. The clip begins with the eccentric Yoon Bo-woo (Why Her?‘s Kwon Sang-woo), a regular 9-to-5 office worker who underestimates the precariousness of stock investments and ends up losing ₩30billion.

It transitions into a montage that shows how his life has gone downhill since, from facing a dismissal from his company to suffering from immense hair loss.

X In Crisis is based on the South Korean novel It Hurts Because I’m A Middle Aged Man (literal translation), and follows Bo-woo’s unfortunate circumstances as he faces all kinds of catastrophes including stock crashes, housing price surges and unemployment, all while trying to hold out for better days.

Aside from Kwon, veteran actor Sung Dong-il (Jirisan, Hospital Playlist) stars as neighbourhood physician Heo Joon, a confidante and doctor to Bo-woo. Im Se-mi (True Beauty) plays Ah Nae, Bo-woo’s wife who dreams of becoming a popular web novelist.

X In Crisis is also helmed by The Pirates: Goblin Flag and The Accidental Detective director Kim Jung-joon, and penned by writer Kwak Kyung-yoon, previously known for their work on dramas such as Love Revolution and Big Forest.

In other Korean entertainment news, ongoing fantasy K-drama Alchemy Of Souls will not drop new episodes on August 13 and 14 as previously scheduled, in order to “enhance the level of completion for the second half [of the series]”. Instead, two separate specials for the series will be aired during the show’s usual timeslot.

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/tv/x-in-crisis-kwon-sang-woo-sung-dong-il-trailer-wavve-korean-comedy-3284074

Sung Dong Il Uses Harsh Truths To Uplift Kwon Sang Woo In Upcoming Comedy Drama

DRAMA PREVIEW
Aug 16, 2022
by S. Cho

fd226d142c0f4b53c7b4868c76981d03.jpg
“X of Crisis” (literal title) has shared new stills of Sung Dong Il and Kwon Sang Woo!

Based on a book titled “It Hurts Because I’m a Middle-Aged Man” (literal title), wavve’s upcoming original drama “X of Crisis” is a cataclysmic comedy about the unfortunate life of “Mr. a.” While holding out for life to improve, he faces a combination of stock crashes, housing price surges, and the danger of resignation all at once. Although he took pride in succeeding in life, he takes a direct hit from the passage of time and heads downhill in life.

Kwon Sang Woo will be playing the role of the ordinary middle-aged man Mr. a, who thought his life was going places only to find out that it’s already in the stages of declining. Mr. a graduated from a prestigious university and entered a large company, but he goes from riches to rags after experiencing the ups and downs of the passage of time.

Sung Dong Il will be starring as Heo Joon, the neighborhood doctor. He always bickers with his patients with his nonchalant and tired attitude, but he is more caring than anyone else. Although he makes Mr. a flustered with his painfully honest words, he doesn’t hold back in giving advice that resonates with the heart.

The newly released stills capture Mr. a with his “life mentor” Heo Joon. As Kwon Sang Woo and Sung Dong Il previously starred together in “The Accidental Detective” series, viewers can look forward to seeing their new and improved synergy. As both actors are no stranger to the comedy genre, they will definitely showcase a funny and exciting relationship.

Right when Mr. a is confident that he’s living a successful life, he actually starts falling downhill in life and meets his life mentor Heo Joon, who only offers him harsh truths. While Mr. a has fallen into a deep slump, the happy Heo Joon appears in his life to offer refuge and a new outlook on life.

Whenever Mr. a endures hardship, Heo Joon is always right by his side. Somehow, the two end up as “check up buddies,” finding themselves in matching hospital gowns as they wait for their health check ups. Mr. a looks sad and limp but Heo Joon stays firm and looks at him with a piercing gaze, as if ready to call him out.

Heo Joon is clearly a man of many surprises, as he also meets up with Mr. a wearing an unlikely outfit with sunglasses and a stylish leather jacket. Viewers can look forward to seeing how Heo Joon uses his supercar as an unusual method to help cheer Mr. a up.

Regarding the outwardly cold and harsh but inwardly warm and caring Heo Joon, Sung Dong Il commented, “Heo Joon is like your neighborhood hyung as well as a friend. [The drama] includes small stories that could happen around us with our neighbors, younger siblings, fathers, and uncles. It’s a drama you can enjoy without burden.”

The actors spoke about their synergy with Kwon Sang Woo sharing, “Sung Dong Il is a hyung that’s like family and my soul’s partner. I’m so glad we are able to work on this project together.” Sung Dong Il added, “Kwon Sang Woo is like a neighborhood friend and we have a comfortable relationship. I think our synergy comes out when we say our lines back and forth.”

“X of Crisis” will premiere on September 2.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1540882wpp/sung-dong-il-uses-harsh-truths-to-uplift-kwon-sang-woo-in-upcoming-comedy-drama

• Like 1

The joy and commitments of Korean actors upon experiencing fatherhood

From long-term parent to first-time father, these Korean actors all share their happiness and seriousness of being a father. 

Kwon Sang Woo

In 2009, Kwon Sang Woo and his wife Son Tae Young welcomed their first born son. In one interview at the time, Kwon Sang Woo expressed his feelings as being a father for the first time. He was overjoyed and filled with happiness. The “Stairway to Heaven” actor said: “We have registered the birth certificate and name for our son. He has a very Korean name, Kwon Rook Hee”. 

kwon sang woo Kwon Sang Woo is overjoyed to see his son being born

Kwon Sang Woo’s first born son, Kwon Rook Hee, was born on 6th February 2009, 3 weeks earlier than his due date, putting him at the priority of attention from his family. At the time, actor Kwon also shared: “my son looks like me and is very adorable. I think it is time to buy a printer so that I can print all his photos and hang it around the house. My family all love Luke [Kwon Rook Hee’s nickname]”. 

kwon sang woo

kwon sang woo

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://kbizoom.com/the-joy-and-commitments-of-korean-actors-upon-experiencing-fatherhood/

• Like 1

“Critical X” (2022 Web Drama): Cast & Summary

Spoiler

critical-x-feature-image.jpg

“Critical X” follows the story of a man facing the most significant decline of his life from being pushed to retire, to a nose dive in stock prices, and soaring house prices. 

The leads in the drama are Kwon SangWoo, Park JinJoo, Sung DongIl, and Lee YiKyung. 

Actor Kwon SangWoo has appeared in the dramas “Delayed Justice”, “Queen Of Mystery”, and “Queen Of Mystery 2.” 

Popular comedic actress Park JinJoo has acted in the dramas “Our Beloved Summer”, “Genesis”, “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay”, and “Her Private Life.”

Experienced actor Sung DongIl has appeared in the dramas “Ghost Doctor”, “Jirisan”, “Somehow Family”, and “Sisyphus: The Myth.”

Actor Lee YiKyung has acted in the dramas “Royal Secret Agent”, “Eulachacha Waikiki” and “Eulachaha Waikiki 2.”

Actress Im SeMi (“True Beauty”, “When The Weather Is Fine”, “Terius Behind Me”) and actor Shin HyunSoo (“Bossam: Steal The Fate”, “Eulachacha Waikiki”, “Eulachaha Waikiki 2”, “Twelve Nights”) will also be starring in this drama.

Here is more information. 

critical-x-information-image.jpeg

Information

Title: Critical X / Wigiui Ekseu / 위기의 엑스

Director: Kim JungHoon

Writer: Kwak KyungYoon

Network: wavve

Runtime: From September 2, 2022

# of Episodes: -

Genre: Comedy, Drama

Language: Korean

Summary

“Critical X” follows the story of "Mr. A," who is facing the most significant decline of his life from retirement to soaring housing prices.

Cast

Critical X (2022)

critical-x-kwon-sangwoo-cast-image.jpeg

Kwon SangWoo as Mr. A

Mr. A has been hit hard by life. He is being pushed to retire, meanwhile, stock prices are taking a nose dive and the housing market is getting more expensive. He is also taking on a new challenge at “Lucido”, a car detailing startup. 

Teaser & Posters

Here is one of the teasers.

Here are the official posters. 

Spoiler

critcal-x-official-poster-02.jpeg

MORE cast here : https://www.kpopmap.com/critical-x-2022-web-drama-cast-summary/

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images/ videos in one post! Thanks!

*** I watched "The Pirates" and seriously, silliness and action in abundance if that's what lights your fire.The plot was silly rather than funny. I have a lot of problems with this movie.Truly speaking, I'm just sick of treasure movies as they all are same. But, since this is KHN & KSW’s starring, I watched this movie for both of them. The genre is not my cup of tea. Not recommended, but not dismissed either. The story is so messy. You could tell they threw a lot of money into making this film and had decent talent, but in the end it fell flat.The editing was a mess, bit characters randomly show up, no connection between scenes, enemy backstory that you couldn't tell was past or present and would cut in abruptly.  :heart:

• LOL 1

*** "Critical X" has started airing September 2.   :Woah:

Directed by Kim Jeong-hoon-II

Written by Kwak Kyeong-yoon

Network: Wavve

With Kwon Sang-woo, Lim Se-mi, Sung Dong-il, Lee Yi-kyung, Shin Hyun-soo, Park Jin-joo,...

Fri
Synopsis
Based on an essay "I'm An Old Man, It Hurts".
A hyperrealistic comedy-drama depicting the crisis of each generation living in the present era. It tells the story of a simpleton, Mr. a, who suddenly has to struggle to survive after being faced with a three-tier combo, being urged to resign, going from rags to riches, and facing the realities of aging.

source : Hancinema

*** Ahead of the “Golden Holiday”, which will last for 4 days, a lineup of Chuseok special movies that can be watched comfortably on TV in the corner of the room has been unveiled. First of all, tomorrow, Friday (Sep 9th), the first day of the holiday, the movie “The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful” will be broadcast. It will air on KBS2 at 11:50 PM. “The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful” is a popular work and surpassed a whopping 2.15 million viewers. The work tells the story of Gwi-soo (Kwon Sang-woo), who lost everything due to the game of baduk, losing even his only teacher whom he leaned on, surviving alone and planning revenge.   :sweet:

source : https://kbizoom.com/its-fun-even-if-you-stay-home-on-holidays-lineup-of-2022-chuseok-special-movies/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 9:53 AM, willenette said:

I haven’t seen Kwon Sang Woo so nicely dressed up in a long time. Hahaha -  I forgot he was cast in "Curtain Call"

@willenette, me too. Thank you for all the updates.
We ought to submit license requests for "Curtain Call." It is airing this month!

Viki
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie
Netflix (one request only)
https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Curtain Call" is coming this month... And KSW already has a Drama lined up for next year!

[New Drama] "Hangang"

spacer.png

"Hangang" (2022)

Directed by Kim Sang-cheol-II

With Kwon Sang-woo, Lee Sang-yi, Bae Da-bin,...

Synopsis
A work that tells the story of the police dealing with various incidents on the Han River

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2023

source

On 10/3/2022 at 8:55 AM, irilight said:

@willenette, me too. Thank you for all the updates.
We ought to submit license requests for "Curtain Call." It is airing this month!

Viki
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie
Netflix (one request only)
https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Curtain Call" is coming this month... And KSW already has a Drama lined up for next year!

[New Drama] "Hangang"

"Hangang" (2022)

Directed by Kim Sang-cheol-II

With Kwon Sang-woo, Lee Sang-yi, Bae Da-bin,...

Synopsis
A work that tells the story of the police dealing with various incidents on the Han River

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2023

source

@irilight  thanks for sharing this good news. I'm glad to know that there's something to look forward to next year...  :emmm:

• Love 1

[INTERVIEW] Kwon Sang-woo, Lim Se-mi portray comical yet relatable reality in 'X in Crisis'

optimize

Series follows ordinary middle-aged man struggling after layoff

By Lee Gyu-lee

Local streaming platform Wavve's recent comedy series "X in Crisis" garnered popularity by touching on the relatable lives of people living through tough economic struggles these days with sitcom-style humor.

Kwon Sang-woo plays the character of a middle-aged man in Wavve original series 'X in Crisis.' Courtesy of Wavve
Actors Kwon Sang-woo, left and Lim Se-mi from the comedy series "X in Crisis" / Courtesy of Wavve

"'X in Crisis' didn't have the plot structure that we have normally seen in most series," actor Kwon Sang-woo, who plays the lead, said during a recent interview with The Korea Times in Gangnam District, southern Seoul.

"It has the comedy aspect but also gives a sense of comfort through the character's narration. The story is so full of events, so I thought the viewers will find it interesting to follow along."

Led by filmmaker Kim Jeong-hoon, who directed the comedy flick "The Accidental Detective" (2015), the six-part series, which was released on Sept. 2, revolves around a middle-aged man (Kwon), who went to a good school and works at a big company.

Just when he thought he had it all, his life starts to fall apart as he gets laid off overnight. Hit with unemployment, he faces a series of crises, making wrong investments in stocks and cryptocurrencies and struggling to buy a house amid skyrocketing housing prices.

Despite the struggle, he tries to find his way out of the crisis with his wife, web novelist Mi-jin (Lim Se-mi) and his neighbor (Sung Dong-il) by his side.

The series topped the streaming chart among the platform's original content for three weeks since its release.

The actor said that he had a blast working on this series, taking on his favorite genre: comedy.

"The director and I worked hand in glove and I had so much fun filming each episode with the cast members. I never felt tired while working on this. And I think the viewers felt the energy that I felt on set," he said. "The series was so full of energy. It portrayed the struggles that many people have gone or are going through in a humorous way, yet not too lightly."

Kwon Sang-woo plays the character of a middle-aged man in Wavve original series 'X in Crisis.' Courtesy of Wavve
A scene from the series "X in Crisis" / Courtesy of Wavve

Actress Lim plays the dedicated wife who shows endless support for her husband through the crisis. She expressed that this series taught her how to have fun on set by working with such veteran actors and directors.

"Kwon is such a famous actor that every Korean knows. So, I did feel overwhelmed, doubting if I could do it well as his counterpart," she said. "Seeing the director, Kwon and Sung working with such great chemistry and openly communicating and having fun, I experienced what it means to work in a good environment."

She added that she set her character as a model example of a partner that anyone would hope to have.

"It's actually difficult to have a wife like Mi-jin. It was a realistic story but also still had some fantasy," she said. "I think Mi-jin portrays the wife figure that many people wish to be like."

Kwon's character goes through enormous stress from the struggles, which leads him to develop alopecia and erectile dysfunction.

The actor shared that he felt a sense of pressure in portraying the character with so many elements.

"It was clear what would make this series interesting, so there were certain elements that needed to be appealing for the viewers," he said, adding that he didn't mind playing a character suffering from hair loss and impotence.

"No matter what position you are in, there's always struggle and anxiety. As an actor, I myself always feel like I'm put on edge with uncertainty. So, I hope our series would lead viewers to feel that the world is still worthwhile and fun to live in."

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/10/688_337491.html

• Like 1