Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 2/6/2021 at 6:10 PM, nina_mitrokhina said:

Lee Min Ho and Lee Seung Gi Go on Camping Trip

By sammi on February 6, 2021 in Korea, NEWS

Lee-Min-Ho-Lee-Seung-Gi.jpg

Lee Seung Gi cooks steak and gives Lee Min Ho the first taste.

In a series of YouTube videos titled Lee Min Ho x Lee Seung Gi, the Korean stars are documenting their interactions and plan to create a music video together. The latest episode feature the friends on a camping trip in the cold weather that left Seung Gi flabbergasted over Min Ho’s lack of camping knowledge.

Starting their day early in the morning, Min Ho rolled off his bed to get ready to pick up  Seung Gi. The friends bantered in the car, and Seung Gi teased Min Ho’s driving skills and asked if he is able to comfortably sleep in the car. The two stars passed through the picturesque countryside landscape and made stops along the way to take pictures and eat at the local food stalls.

Lee-Seung-Gi-5.jpg

Once they arrived at their camp site, Min Ho and Seung Gi started to have disagreements over the tent’s setup. While Min Ho stubbornly insisted entrance of the tent should face the lake, Seung Gi soon grew frustrated and said, “Min Ho, don’t treat the tent like it’s your house, okay?”

Min Ho retreated to the side for a break and left Seung Gi to build the tent by himself. Watching as  Seung Gi tirelessly hammered the stakes, Min Ho appeared defeated and asked if people go camping so they can relax. Seung Gi replied, “It’s because everyone helped you with everything, so you can relax.”

After finishing his tasks, Seung Gi grew hungry and asked Min Ho to grill something to eat. To his surprise, Min Ho confessed he was not prepared and had to look up how to learn how to start a fire on his phone. With a big sigh, Seung Gi resigned to start the fire himself, and wondered out loud if Min Ho scammed him into doing all the hard work.

When the sky turned dark, the duo gave a moving performance of “A Dreamer’s Dream” by the fire. While the camping trip did not start out smoothly, the duo ended the night on a high note that is worth remembering.

이민호 X 이승기 LeeSeunggi X LeeMinho Last EP

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/lee-min-ho-and-lee-seung-gi-go-on-camping-trip/

Until now, the strength of muscular bones has been regarded as a symbol of men, but the image of beautiful boys and nobles in "Boys over Flowers" has come to be favored, and "preppy look" is interested in fashion and skin care. The number of men has increased and the word "grooming" has become one of the trends in Korea.

Not sure if I agree with the way Sammi translated the vlog.  The subtitles explained the conversation somewhat differently from this interpretation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

The singer of that song LMH named must be so happy and proud! :relieved::approves:

we feel you bro :joy:

The post this artist uploaded about LMH is played 400 times till now. It's 10x the views he get from his usual uploads. This is the power of LMH when his name is mentioned, all the recent comments of the song are from international fans . That's why he is Hallyu king and promote his country without bonus.

I am one of those who listen to this song on YT and searched for the lyrics and I am not a fan of k music, I only watch k dramas.

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

Are we in a drought?  Shall I post the next segment of the BOF quiz?  Did you guy like posting your responses in a spoiler rather than PMing me?

Everyone!  I'm thinking of changing the first page.  Is there anyone who wants to keep it as it is?  I'm considering deleting the summaries of dramas and movies and simply listing them.  I want to highlight some posts, for example, the only interview I know of with LMH's omma.  As long as I'm not violating soompi rules, adding the twitter handle (is that what you call it?) for our members etc.  I'm open to suggestions. 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Pink-tastic

Welcome back to another installment of For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

Pink is a colour that we associate with bubblegum-pop, childhood nostalgia, and sticky-sweetness.

Take a look at the following photographs to satisfy your pink-urges!

202102001_seoulbeats_leeminho.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : seoulbeats

https://seoulbeats.com/2021/02/for-your-viewing-pleasure-pink-tastic/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Dear Oppa: A fan from the Philippines believes Pachinko's Lee Min Ho deserves the happiness he's given to fans

In today's edition of Dear Oppa, Catherine Mallari from the Philippines dedicates her sweet letter to Lee Min-ho in which she states that The King: Eternal Monarch star is an inspiration.

spacer.png

From Boys Over Flowers and The Heirs to The King: Eternal Monarch, Lee Min-ho has managed to steal millions and millions of hearts from all across the globe thanks to his impressive acting talent and charismatic personality. Min-ho's fan club named Minoz have always been extremely loyal to their favourite star and often shower love upon the 33-year-old actor on social media.

Today's sweet letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Catherine Mallari from the Philippines to Min-ho. In her letter, Catherine added a short and sweet poem for the Legend of the Blue Sea star. Read her letter below:

My Lee Min Ho,

I am Catherine Mallari, your zero fan from the Philippines. Zero or the number between zero and one just like in King Eternal Monarch’s parallel universe. Since I was in high school I am fond and so much in love with how you grow stronger and great. I am a graduating student at college right now and you read the letter of mine is the greatest gift for me for my graduation and to my birthday as well. You are the brightest star. You are the moon in the night sky. You are my serenity at the chaotic city. I have this poem for you originally written by me and I dedicate this to you.

By any chance
Can I glance?
Can we dance?
To our own melody
As I told
Can I hold?
Like a gold
Your hands, firmly.

You are a blessing. My prayer is for you to be happy in all ways. You deserve that. You deserve the happiness you gave to us. You are an inspiration and I’m looking forward to see you soon. Always take care and we love you. I love you the most.

Your number zero fan,
Catherine Mallari
From the Philippines with love.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-fan-philippines-believes-pachinkos-lee-min-ho-deserves-happiness-hes-given-fans-609690

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Min Ho Oppa, miss you!

Thank you @Nikaa94 for the video - saw that it's posted from Korean Red Ginseng Australia_Official.   
I just read the twitter post that main actors in Pachinko are paid  around 1 billion won per epi?  according to the blog.   Wow!  

And they mentioned the producton cost of more than 100 B Won per season.  That's a lot!    Wait, are we going to have more than 1 season?

7 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Are we in a drought?  Shall I post the next segment of the BOF quiz?  Did you guy like posting your responses in a spoiler rather than PMing me?

Everyone!  I'm thinking of changing the first page.  Is there anyone who wants to keep it as it is?  I'm considering deleting the summaries of dramas and movies and simply listing them.  I want to highlight some posts, for example, the only interview I know of with LMH's omma.  As long as I'm not violating soompi rules, adding the twitter handle (is that what you call it?) for our members etc.  I'm open to suggestions. 

I may be wrong, but I think/hope we are not in a drougth yet :) 

I didn't participate in the first stall of the BOF quiz, because first I forgot and later I was too lazy to go back through the thread to look for it. It wont happen again, sorry.

I think what you suggest for the first page makes a lot of sense!! Everybody can look for the summaries of the dramas on internet and find them easily but the other content is more difficult to find. If you need any help, count me in.

14 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Thank you @Nikaa94 for the video - saw that it's posted from Korean Red Ginseng Australia_Official.   
I just read the twitter post that main actors in Pachinko are paid  around 1 billion won per epi?  according to the blog.   Wow!  

And they mentioned the producton cost of more than 100 B Won per season.  That's a lot!    Wait, are we going to have more than 1 season?

I don't think is going to be more than one season. All the old articles regarding Pachinko, even those for when the rights to produce the drama were sold, say only one season. And the budget is huge, it was compared to The Crown budget, which is an amazing Netflix production, so the expectations are quite high. I am looking forward to it. :partyblob:

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

18 CLASSIC AND OLDIES DRAMAS YOU HAVE TO SEE ONCE IN YOUR LIFE

Discover the oldest stories of the dramas that have become all classics of Korean entertainment, build your marathon with these old series.

The Korean industry has been very successful for more than a decade, characters like Lee Min Ho have become great figures due to the success of their careers, as the international fame thanks to the dramas has been growing over the years.

Currently, dramas are a boom among fans who enjoy series, adaptations of webtoons and original programs created by platforms such as Viki and Netflix. The old never goes out of style, especially the classic K-Dramas that keep a space in the hearts of the followers of this type of stories.

If you are new to the world of Korean dramas or want to discover new stories to become an expert in the Korean world , we leave you a list of 18 classic dramas that you have to see. 

Personal Taste

Starring: Lee Min Ho and Son Ye Jin

Romantic comedy drama that tells the story of Park Gae In, a furniture designer girl who is clueless, when she breaks up with her longtime boyfriend, she discovers that he will marry her best friend. After his breakup, he will meet architect Jeon Jin Ho, who appears to be gay to win a project and steal secrets from the protagonist. 

Boys Over Flowers

Starring: Lee Min Ho and Koo Hye Sun

School romance drama that narrates the life of Jan Di, a lower class girl who has the opportunity to study in one of the most prestigious schools in South Korea. There she will meet the group of F4.

https://www.nacionrex.com/mejores-doramas-coreanos-clasicos-viejitos-recomendaciones-t202102080003.html

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

148294469_721406828559301_94261356532202

The authoritative investigation is here! Overseas audiences love the Korean Actor Rankings in 2021, but will it be ranked # 1 for eight consecutive years?

Jung Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun are not in the top five; Hyun Bin and Song Hye Kyo are also inferior in popularity. Who left these South Korean celebrities all over the place?

K-pop culture has become more popular overseas thanks to streaming platforms like Netflix in the past year. Who is your favorite Korean drama actor in 2021?

Recently, the Korea International Cultural Exchange Promotion Agency conducted a study on Hallyu culture. From September 24 to November 4, 2020, a total of 8,500 netizens were surveyed in 18 countries, including the United States, China and Japan. Calculate the ratings of the most loved Korean dramas and Korean stars by viewers around the world in recent years.

It will be announced next that they will enter the top 10 Korean Drama Actors from overseas, and it can be said that they are all Korean first-class first-line actors in both appearance and strength. It should be noted that popularity and image in the minds of the audience are not directly related to activity in social networks. On the contrary, Changqing's impressive work and the artist's overall image will preserve people's hearts.

# 1 Lee Min Ho

Although it was postponed until the end, it can be said that Lee Min Ho continued to win the championship without any expectations. And the percentage of votes reaches 9.6%, which is far from the second Hyun Bin (3.5%), it is not surprising that he did not leave this throne for 8 years.

Netflix's Korean drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" starring Lee Min Ho had low ratings in South Korea last year, but it hasn't hurt the love of overseas fans.

One can only say that Lee Min Ho has been in the hearts of audiences since "Boys Above Flowers" and "Heirs". In addition, Lee Min Ho has confirmed the appearance of the American drama "Pachinko" on Apple TV and is officially entering the international cinematic scene. I believe that popularity will continue to grow ...

98291123_928531330903368_917716513805228

117172768_140104154439178_59626677722517

Translation from Chinese google

https://www.voguehk.com/zh/article/celebrity/lee-min-ho-hyun-bin-gong-yoo-the-most-popular-korean-actors/

"Korean wave world map" in the age of 100 million fans of the earth

Lee Min Ho
-  Confirming the reputation of The King: The Eternal Lord
- Korean language promotional video of the King Sejong Institute Foundation, released worldwide
-  Most followers on social media like Facebook and Instagram

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

We are in a drought,,,,,

let’s get some content today :D IG post, anything at all! :sparklyeyes:
selfie on plane?  IG live in CN? CN movielog? I want all these pls

also, that Givenchy coat LMH wore,,, I’m wondering what it is for,,, I doubt it’s for CF,,, it should be something else B),,, 

• Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 3

16 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

I may be wrong, but I think/hope we are not in a drougth yet :) 

I didn't participate in the first stall of the BOF quiz, because first I forgot and later I was too lazy to go back through the thread to look for it. It wont happen again, sorry.

I think what you suggest for the first page makes a lot of sense!! Everybody can look for the summaries of the dramas on internet and find them easily but the other content is more difficult to find. If you need any help, count me in.

I don't think is going to be more than one season. All the old articles regarding Pachinko, even those for when the rights to produce the drama were sold, say only one season. And the budget is huge, it was compared to The Crown budget, which is an amazing Netflix production, so the expectations are quite high. I am looking forward to it. :partyblob:

If ever you need the page to the quiz, just ask!  I've been writing it down since I lost track of it too and struggled to find it again.  NO worries.  I think I'll tag people this time.  I'll probably post the quiz tomorrow, unless we hear from LMH tonight.

If you stumble upon a post that should be highlighted on the first page, let me know.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2