Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

3 minutes ago, Nikaa said:

same!! I don’t want romcom for him for at least a couple years. There are so many other genres he can do like thriller, crime, action and even melodrama. Also, this writer writes her ML as rich most of them time. I definitely want a different setting and character for him. He would be either a space tourist or an astronaut.  Honestly I don’t know what to say about either of these characters. Btw, I don’t know how I can accept the FL. Lol

Even drama doesn't be romcom I can accept GHJ, I watched her so many dramsa and movies but I don't want romcom with LMH for her. I am worried about channel also. Jirisan sold to İqiyi and Knetz say always" It is China money" etc. I hope next project don't be like Jirisan,  I hope this drama won't sell to İqiyi.If Netflix doesn't agree them probably will be aired, on İqiyi ,Viki, etc. We already lost so many time because of Apple Tv, And next project should be on Netflix.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

Even drama doesn't be romcom I can accept GHJ, I watched her so many dramsa and movies but I don't want romcom with LMH for her. I am worried about channel also. Jirisan sold to İqiyi and Knetz say always" It is China money" etc. I hope next project don't be like Jirisan,  I hope this drama won't sell to İqiyi.If Netflix doesn't agree them probably will be aired, on İqiyi ,Viki, etc. We already lost so many time because of Apple Tv, And next project should be on Netflix.

wow! We already have so much worry! I also don’t want it to be like Jirisan. Knetizens are sensitive these days regarding China and Chinese investment in Kdramas. I very much prefer Netflix. 

Since he has other several offers, I’m pretty sure he should have non romcom offers. Also, how many episodes have this writer written so far? Giving 4 episode script wouldn’t be good enough. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Nikaa said:

wow! We already have so much worry! I also don’t want it to be like Jirisan. Knetizens are sensitive these days regarding China and Chinese investment in Kdramas. I very much prefer Netflix. 

Since he has other several offers, I’m pretty sure he should have non romcom offers. Also, how many episodes have this writer written so far? Giving 4 episode script wouldn’t be good enough. 

It said writer has written this drama for 3 years

• Like 3

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

It said writer has written this drama for 3 years

yeah I heard that too! would this mean the script is impeccable? I’m still worried after what happened with the star writer. 

The story and setting comes with risks even though she has been working on it for 3 years. Also, I’m worried about the comedy part, we need more depth and seriousness and less comedy. If lmh confirms this drama, then more details will be out. When is mym going to announce!? 

• Like 4

My thoughts about this drama:  Is Seo Sook-hyang a good writer? Does she have good ratings or successful dramas?  I have not watched any of her dramas.

I don't like GHJ but I realize she is popular and loved by K-netizens so I can live with it if she can help with ratings.

Is the director any good?  From your comments, seems like he isn't but if he directed It is Okay not to be Okay, that was very well directed.

@Nikaa, I thought you liked GHJ and wanted her to act with LMH?  Remember that we were arguing about it.  :joy:

I don't mind LMH acting like a captain in a Star Trek drama.  Now space travel is popular.  We have gone to Mars and Bezos flew to space. So there is interest in it but I like it to be serious or LMH is a rocket scientist like Syntyche wanted but it must not be a fantasy sci fi but serious space travel.  I don't know if Kdramas can do that esp. a female writer.  Space travel is more of a male thing.  Should not be a rom-com or romance.  GHJ and LMH could be partners but not romantic.

I really hope it is Netflix, not TVN or SBS or network.  Don't have to worry about ratings.  I was hoping he would be in Squid 2.  He knows LJJ, it may not be as successful as Squid 1 but there is a already a viewership and he has his own fanbase added to it so it will be a hit unless script and director is bad.  I want him in a serious drama as a regular person.  Astronaut or rocket scientist is good but it has to be realistic and not a fantasy or comedy.  I saw the space movie by  SJK.  Seems that it did well but I couldn't watch it after 10 minutes, too unreal.  Masters of universe was popular with Groot and the Racoon but then it is fantasy and not something I want LMH to act in.  Too many fantasy dramas already.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Nikaa said:

@CarolynH

wake up! We have offering news! What are your thoughts!?

I was following the convo @Nikaa , but didn't have access to Soompi.  I'm excited that there's finally movement, but honestly, the description doesn't excite me.  But then again, when I first heard about LOTBS, I wasn't excited either and it's my favorite LMH drama.  I think we all assume LMH will play the astronaut and GHJ, the traveler.  Perhaps a twist would be to reverse the roles.  I guess this tells us that LMH is not in Pachinko season 2, assuming that there is a season 2.

I suspect that LMH will confirm, because his agency (Starhaus and MYM) always seems to be able to keep a lid on future projects.  I never remember reading that LMH was " in talks" for a certain project.  GB is the only fork in the road when it comes to LMH projects.  I guess we'll find out when we find out.  

• Like 9

I really hope his next project is not a romcom drama, but thinking about LOTBS, it was not a comedy at the 2nd half. I have watched many K-dramas like this, romcom also mixed lots of other elements. So, maybe the story is attractive. 

If he accept this drama, the filming will be from Feb. to Oct. next year, hope it will not be a pre-produced drama, I don't want to watch him only through Pachinko next year since without him this year.

• Like 9

Btw, Keyeast Entertainment, the producer of 'Ask the Stars', is the entertainment agency handling Woo Do Hwan

Lee Min Ho Courted to Join Gong Hyo Jin in New Kdrama ‘Ask the Stars'

Lee Min Ho might star in a new series alongside Gong Hyo Jin!

Following the report that Gong Hyo Jin will reunite with "Jealousy Incarnate" writer Seo Sook Hyang for a 40 billion won drama "Ask the Stars," another update was released by K-media industry on the afternoon of November 18.

'Ask the Stars' Update: Lee Min Ho Receives Offer to Team Up with Gong Hyo Jin

According to JoyNews24, Lee Min Ho has been cast to play as the male lead of the forthcoming space-themed romantic comedy drama "Ask the Stars." After the news circulated online, Lee Min Ho's home agency, MYM Entertainment clarified that "Ask the Stars" is one of the many projects that the actor was offered.

In addition, the company shared that nothing has been confirmed yet. 

spacer.png

"Ask the Stars" is set in space and the romance story will revolve around a space tourist and an astronaut.

Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Min Ho were the first potential cast members to be introduced by the media. Further, Keyeast Entertainment will be the company to produce the drama.

In the last quarter of 2020, the agency already unveiled the list of projects that they will release for 2021 to early of 2022, and "Ask the Stars" is one of the three expensive Kdramas that was part of the lineup. 

Public interest is focused on the possible tandem of Lee Min Ho and Gong Hyo Jin, who are both laudable actors and considered as two of the versatile Kdrama celebrities. 

Meanwhile, the South Korean heartthrob just completed filming his upcoming series "Pachinko," slated to premiere in 2022.

He also participated in '2021 Art + Film Gala' in the United States and reunited with "Squid Game" actor and real-friend Lee Jung Jae. 

spacer.png

During his stay abroad, "The Legend of the Blue Sea" actor visited one of the famous filming locations of his previous series "The Heirs" in California. Kdrama fans were happy to reminisce about the drama years after it ended. 

Lee Min Ho shared the snaps on his Instagram and already has over three million heart reactions. 

MYM Entertainment Announces Lee Min Ho's 2022 Season's Greetings 

Amid his busy schedules, the 34-year-old actor will still release the 2022 season's greetings for both of his domestic and overseas Minoz (Lee Min Ho's official fans' name).

MYM Entertainment already posted on their Instagram a sneak peek to Min Ho's soon to release season's greetings.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/122786/20211118/lee-min-ho-courted-gong-hyo-jin-new-kdrama-ask-the-stars.htm

Did Lee Min Ho Really Have His Car Washed In This Part Of Malaysia?

One of the things you learn growing up, is to always read the fine print. After all, you never know what people will trick you with.

According to a group on Facebook, South Korean actor Lee Min Ho (이민호) apparently visited a certain carwash in Sabah. Netizens were amazed, at least until they used a magnifying glass.

spacer.png

SOURCE: FACEBOOK/沙巴壹起吃喝玩乐

Facebook group “Eat, drink and have fun in Sabah (沙巴壹起吃喝玩乐)” stunned netizens yesterday (16th November) with their new finding. According to the post, a certain car wash in Tuaran had supposedly been visited by Lee Min Ho for their services.

Two local men were holding up a banner promoting the carwash. At a glance, the banner, written in Malay, read: “Lee Min Ho has washed his car here.” They even had a photo of the actor beside the words. Netizens were dumbfounded, at least until they discovered a very tiny “not” written between the actor’s name and the rest of the sentence. As such, the full sentence actually reads: “Lee Min Ho has not washed his car here“.

The carwash’s creativity was applauded by netizens. “Marketing level 101,” a user commented. “This business is very savvy,” another said, adding a thumbs up. Others joined in on the joke. “He has been in my dreams,” one said. 

Well, the business certainly didn’t lie to us. And although the actor has never visited the carwash, it’s marketing tactic certainly did wonders for it. If you’re ever in Tuaran, Sabah, you could consider dropping by the carwash Lee Min Ho did NOT visit ;p

https://hype.my/2021/252990/lee-min-ho-car-wash/

21 BEST KOREAN MOVIES ON NETFLIX

From movies associated with childhood like Reply 1988, Boys Over Flowers... to movies that have "stormed" on the small screen in recent years, the following 21 Korean titles will surely dispel the sadness, bored days at home.

Let's take a look at the Korean movies on Netflix with ELLE that are the most appreciated by moviegoers.

THE HEIRS (2013)
The Heirs is a Korean film revolving around school life at a high school for the elite, which is only for the children of those with positions of authority and power. The boys and girls were all destined to be the future heirs of the family. Famous in the school is the handsome guy Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho) - the heir to the Jeguk Group. Kim Tan's life gradually changes when he falls in love with the maid's daughter - Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye). Cha Eun Sang's appearance not only has a special meaning for Kim Tan, but also changes the life at a school that is only for rich children.

korean movie the heirs

Spoiler

spacer.png

BOYS OVER FLOWERS (2009)
Goo Jun Pyo (Lee Min Ho) is an unruly, arrogant student, the son of Shinhwa Corporation - the largest corporation in Korea - and also the leader of the F4 group at the prestigious Shinhwa High School. Not inferior to Jun Pyo, the remaining 3 boys in the F4 group are all descendants of powerful people. It is the grandson of Former South Korean President Yoon Ji Hoo (Kim Hyun Joong), famous ceramicist So Yi Jung (Kim Bum) and the son of gangster Song Woo Bin (Kim Joon). The lives of 4 boys are turned upside down when they meet Geum Jan Di (Goo Hye Sun) - a poor girl who is always full of energy.

The film not only brings sweet and romantic love stories of youth but also promotes friendship and family affection.

Spoiler

spacer.png

https://www.elle.vn/the-gioi-van-hoa/phim-han-quoc-hay-tren-netflix

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Gong Hyo Jin & Lee Min Ho in talks to headline 40 billion KRW project ‘Ask the Stars’

Spoiler

spacer.png

Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Min Ho have been offered the lead roles in the upcoming space setting drama ‘Ask the Stars’. The new pair might take on the roles of an astronaut and a space tourist in the Sci-Fi romantic comedy that has been penned by the writer of the drama ‘Pasta’, Seo Sook Hyang who has reportedly been working on the project for the last three years.

The drama is said to have a filming set of a space station that costs around 40 billion KRW (approximately 33.8 million USD). With such a large budget in place and the two well known actors who will be paired for the first time together, ‘Ask the Stars’ will be a first of its kind outer space drama in the Korean industry, being called a ‘space station romantic comedy’. 

Gong Hyo Jin’s agency has responded that the artist has indeed received the offer and is reviewing it. Gong Hyo Jin has previously worked with the writer on ‘Pasta’ and ‘Jealousy Incarnate’ and has had a successful run. She was last seen in the 2019 drama ‘When the Camellia Blooms’ in the role of a single mother opposite Kang Ha Neul.

Meanwhile, there has been no update from Lee Min Ho’s end. He recently returned from the US after attending the LACMA Art + Film Gala and visiting ‘The Heirs’ set. Lee Min Ho’s next is set to be Apple TV+’s much-anticipated ‘Pachinko’ that is expected to air soon.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/gong-hyo-jin-lee-min-ho-talks-headline-40-billion-krw-project-ask-stars-943979

Lee Min Ho Is Reportedly In Talks To Star Alongside Gong Hyo Jin In New 50-Billion-Won K-Drama

Various South Korean media sites pointed out that actor Lee Min Ho is taking on the lead role for an upcoming drama with a whopping 50 billion won budget.

The K-drama "Ask The Stars" made headlines after it was revealed that the production is working on a whopping 50-billion-won budget which is approximately $42.3 million USD. "Ask The Stars" will be a romantic-comedy K-drama set in outer space, which will follow the love story of an astronaut and a space tourist.

K-drama rom-com master writer Seo Sook Hyang is behind the drama "Ask The Stars" increasing expectations.

Meanwhile, reports point out that A-list South Korean actor Lee Min Ho is in talks to lead the upcoming drama "Ask The Stars."

The news was acknowledged by Lee Min Ho's label MYM Entertainment. In a statement, MYM Entertainment stated, "Ask The Stars is one of several projects that was offered to Lee Min Ho, however, nothing has been confirmed yet. It is too early to discuss the appearance."

Lee Min Ho last appeared in the 2020 K-drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" alongside Kim Go Eun. The 34-year-old actor is known for his roles in dramas such as "The Legend of the Blue Sea," "The Heirs," "Faith," "City Hunter," and "Boys Over Flowers."

Spoiler

On the other hand, "When the Camellia Blooms" actress Gong Hyo Jin is reportedly in talks to star opposite Lee Min Ho for the K-drama "Ask The Stars." 

Gong Hyo Jin's agency Management SOOP stated that the actress is currently reviewing the offer. The actress is recently cast to play the role of Kim Ma Ri for the upcoming drama "Queen of the Scene." Previously, Gong Hyo Jin was known for her roles in dramas such as "It's Okay, That's Love," "Jealousy Incarnate," "The Producers," and "The Master's Sun."

Should Gong Hyo Min accept the offer, "Ask The Stars" will also be a reunion project between her and writer Seo Sook Hyang. The two previously worked together for the MBC drama "Pasta" and SBS's "Jealousy Incarnate."

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/51093/20211118/lee-min-ho-reportedly-talks-star-alongside-gong-hyo-jin.htm

Wow, Lee Min Ho And Gong Hyo Jin Are In Talks To Lead A Drama With A Production Budget Of P1.7 Billion

Here at Cosmo, we are huuuuge fans of K-dramas and we love it when a show has something *unique* in it. We're here to report a new series that we can't wait to watch and the potential cast is making us even more excited!

Here's what we know so far about the drama Ask The Stars:

What's the plot of Ask The Stars?

A rom-com set in outer space, Ask The Stars will revolve around an astronaut and a space tourist who developed feelings for each other. It's South Korea's first K-drama under this theme and Keyeast is behind its production. With a reported budget of 40 billion won or around P1.7 billion (including the cost in building the space station set), we can expect All The Stars to give us an ~out of this world~ storyline. (via Soompi)

Who's in the cast of Ask The Stars?

The rom-com queen Gong Hyo Jin *might* just make her comeback in All the Stars and her agency, Management SOOP, has announced that she's currently reviewing the role. In the past, Hyo Jin was cast in a number of award-winning rom-coms including When The Camellia Blooms, It's Okay,That's Love, and The Master's Sun. As of present, she's on the Korean variety show No Impact Day.

Lee Min Ho is also in talks to lead Ask The Stars as relayed by his label, MYM Entertainment: "Ask The Stars is one of several projects that he was offered. Nothing has been confirmed yet." You have seen him in Boys Over Flowers, The Heirs, and The King: Eternal Monarch. For his latest project, Min Ho will appear in the Apple TV+ series, Pachinko.

spacer.png

Who's the writer of Ask The Stars?

Dubbed as one of the masters of Korean rom-coms, Seo Sook Hyang will pen the space-themed drama Ask The Stars. His previous works were led by Hyo Jin like Don't Dare To Dream (also known as Jealousy Incarnate)and Pasta—so once she accepts this offer, it would be their reunion project after more than five years. Sook Hyang also wrote Miss Korea and Greasy Melo.

Where and when will Ask The Stars be shown?

There are no final details yet on its premiere + streaming platforms but we'll keep you posted!

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/space-themed-drama-ask-the-stars-a4575-20211118

Lee Min Ho & Gong Hyo Jin in talks to star in new ~$42.3 million USD budget drama 'Ask The Stars', the first Kdrama with space production set

Spoiler

spacer.png

Actor Lee Min Ho and actress Gong Hyo Jin are currently considering the drama 'Ask The Stars'.

MYM Entertainment, Lee Min Ho's agency, released an official statement saying, "It is one of the proposed works. It has been not confirmed yet."

Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Min Ho are still in talks of accepting their casting offer.

'Ask The Stars' is written by Seo Sook Hyang, and it will be the first Korean drama to have a space station production set. It is reported that the total production cost is 50 billion won.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/11/lee-min-ho-gong-hyo-jin-in-talks-to-star-in-new-423-million-usd-budget-drama-ask-the-stars-the-first-kdrama-with-space-production-set

• Like 5

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Btw, Keyeast Entertainment, the producer of 'Ask the Stars'

Spoiler

I disliked this company, because its many media plays did negatively affect LMH before. 

But its biggest stockholder is SM Entertainment now.  Hope things will be different.

By the way, I have not seen any gossip on Weibo, but there are many fan wars already.  :(

When others try to slander LMH, some Minoz can't help to fight for LMH.
There's not officially announced, it's already like a bomb throwing in the cesspit (1 minoz did a good description).

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Gong Hyo Jin & Lee Min Ho in talks to headline 40 billion KRW project ‘Ask the Stars’

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Min Ho have been offered the lead roles in the upcoming space setting drama ‘Ask the Stars’. The new pair might take on the roles of an astronaut and a space tourist in the Sci-Fi romantic comedy that has been penned by the writer of the drama ‘Pasta’, Seo Sook Hyang who has reportedly been working on the project for the last three years.

The drama is said to have a filming set of a space station that costs around 40 billion KRW (approximately 33.8 million USD). With such a large budget in place and the two well known actors who will be paired for the first time together, ‘Ask the Stars’ will be a first of its kind outer space drama in the Korean industry, being called a ‘space station romantic comedy’. 

Gong Hyo Jin’s agency has responded that the artist has indeed received the offer and is reviewing it. Gong Hyo Jin has previously worked with the writer on ‘Pasta’ and ‘Jealousy Incarnate’ and has had a successful run. She was last seen in the 2019 drama ‘When the Camellia Blooms’ in the role of a single mother opposite Kang Ha Neul.

Meanwhile, there has been no update from Lee Min Ho’s end. He recently returned from the US after attending the LACMA Art + Film Gala and visiting ‘The Heirs’ set. Lee Min Ho’s next is set to be Apple TV+’s much-anticipated ‘Pachinko’ that is expected to air soon.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/gong-hyo-jin-lee-min-ho-talks-headline-40-billion-krw-project-ask-stars-943979

Lee Min Ho Is Reportedly In Talks To Star Alongside Gong Hyo Jin In New 50-Billion-Won K-Drama

Various South Korean media sites pointed out that actor Lee Min Ho is taking on the lead role for an upcoming drama with a whopping 50 billion won budget.

The K-drama "Ask The Stars" made headlines after it was revealed that the production is working on a whopping 50-billion-won budget which is approximately $42.3 million USD. "Ask The Stars" will be a romantic-comedy K-drama set in outer space, which will follow the love story of an astronaut and a space tourist.

K-drama rom-com master writer Seo Sook Hyang is behind the drama "Ask The Stars" increasing expectations.

Meanwhile, reports point out that A-list South Korean actor Lee Min Ho is in talks to lead the upcoming drama "Ask The Stars."

The news was acknowledged by Lee Min Ho's label MYM Entertainment. In a statement, MYM Entertainment stated, "Ask The Stars is one of several projects that was offered to Lee Min Ho, however, nothing has been confirmed yet. It is too early to discuss the appearance."

Lee Min Ho last appeared in the 2020 K-drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" alongside Kim Go Eun. The 34-year-old actor is known for his roles in dramas such as "The Legend of the Blue Sea," "The Heirs," "Faith," "City Hunter," and "Boys Over Flowers."

Reveal hidden contents

On the other hand, "When the Camellia Blooms" actress Gong Hyo Jin is reportedly in talks to star opposite Lee Min Ho for the K-drama "Ask The Stars." 

Gong Hyo Jin's agency Management SOOP stated that the actress is currently reviewing the offer. The actress is recently cast to play the role of Kim Ma Ri for the upcoming drama "Queen of the Scene." Previously, Gong Hyo Jin was known for her roles in dramas such as "It's Okay, That's Love," "Jealousy Incarnate," "The Producers," and "The Master's Sun."

Should Gong Hyo Min accept the offer, "Ask The Stars" will also be a reunion project between her and writer Seo Sook Hyang. The two previously worked together for the MBC drama "Pasta" and SBS's "Jealousy Incarnate."

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/51093/20211118/lee-min-ho-reportedly-talks-star-alongside-gong-hyo-jin.htm

Wow, Lee Min Ho And Gong Hyo Jin Are In Talks To Lead A Drama With A Production Budget Of P1.7 Billion

Here at Cosmo, we are huuuuge fans of K-dramas and we love it when a show has something *unique* in it. We're here to report a new series that we can't wait to watch and the potential cast is making us even more excited!

Here's what we know so far about the drama Ask The Stars:

What's the plot of Ask The Stars?

A rom-com set in outer space, Ask The Stars will revolve around an astronaut and a space tourist who developed feelings for each other. It's South Korea's first K-drama under this theme and Keyeast is behind its production. With a reported budget of 40 billion won or around P1.7 billion (including the cost in building the space station set), we can expect All The Stars to give us an ~out of this world~ storyline. (via Soompi)

Who's in the cast of Ask The Stars?

The rom-com queen Gong Hyo Jin *might* just make her comeback in All the Stars and her agency, Management SOOP, has announced that she's currently reviewing the role. In the past, Hyo Jin was cast in a number of award-winning rom-coms including When The Camellia Blooms, It's Okay,That's Love, and The Master's Sun. As of present, she's on the Korean variety show No Impact Day.

Lee Min Ho is also in talks to lead Ask The Stars as relayed by his label, MYM Entertainment: "Ask The Stars is one of several projects that he was offered. Nothing has been confirmed yet." You have seen him in Boys Over Flowers, The Heirs, and The King: Eternal Monarch. For his latest project, Min Ho will appear in the Apple TV+ series, Pachinko.

Who's the writer of Ask The Stars?

Dubbed as one of the masters of Korean rom-coms, Seo Sook Hyang will pen the space-themed drama Ask The Stars. His previous works were led by Hyo Jin like Don't Dare To Dream (also known as Jealousy Incarnate)and Pasta—so once she accepts this offer, it would be their reunion project after more than five years. Sook Hyang also wrote Miss Korea and Greasy Melo.

Where and when will Ask The Stars be shown?

There are no final details yet on its premiere + streaming platforms but we'll keep you posted!

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/space-themed-drama-ask-the-stars-a4575-20211118

Lee Min Ho & Gong Hyo Jin in talks to star in new ~$42.3 million USD budget drama 'Ask The Stars', the first Kdrama with space production set

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Actor Lee Min Ho and actress Gong Hyo Jin are currently considering the drama 'Ask The Stars'.

MYM Entertainment, Lee Min Ho's agency, released an official statement saying, "It is one of the proposed works. It has been not confirmed yet."

Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Min Ho are still in talks of accepting their casting offer.

'Ask The Stars' is written by Seo Sook Hyang, and it will be the first Korean drama to have a space station production set. It is reported that the total production cost is 50 billion won.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/11/lee-min-ho-gong-hyo-jin-in-talks-to-star-in-new-423-million-usd-budget-drama-ask-the-stars-the-first-kdrama-with-space-production-set

@syntyche thanks for sharing MORE articles about this upcoming drama. Ohhh.............this is a huge budget and a legit new setting for a classic K-drama rom-com. Whoa.............interesting. I thought this pairing would work, this pairing won't be bad. If this pushes-through, it's going to create quite the craze. GHJ is good in rom-com. As I've said earlier, this pairing never crossed my mind really. Whatever LMH does, I will watch/support. I guess I'm just biased about this upcoming project because I love the genre. I hope we could get to hear from him soon, whether he takes this or not.  :getmygrooveon:

BTW, as of now, no exact release date yet for "Panchinko"? Well, the "secrecy thing" is Apple, Inc.'s  policy.....  :emmm:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, CallieP said:

My thoughts about this drama:  Is Seo Sook-hyang a good writer? Does she have good ratings or successful dramas?  I have not watched any of her dramas.

I don't like GHJ but I realize she is popular and loved by K-netizens so I can live with it if she can help with ratings.

Is the director any good?  From your comments, seems like he isn't but if he directed It is Okay not to be Okay, that was very well directed.

@Nikaa, I thought you liked GHJ and wanted her to act with LMH?  Remember that we were arguing about it.  :joy:

I don't mind LMH acting like a captain in a Star Trek drama.  Now space travel is popular.  We have gone to Mars and Bezos flew to space. So there is interest in it but I like it to be serious or LMH is a rocket scientist like Syntyche wanted but it must not be a fantasy sci fi but serious space travel.  I don't know if Kdramas can do that esp. a female writer.  Space travel is more of a male thing.  Should not be a rom-com or romance.  GHJ and LMH could be partners but not romantic.

I really hope it is Netflix, not TVN or SBS or network.  Don't have to worry about ratings.  I was hoping he would be in Squid 2.  He knows LJJ, it may not be as successful as Squid 1 but there is a already a viewership and he has his own fanbase added to it so it will be a hit unless script and director is bad.  I want him in a serious drama as a regular person.  Astronaut or rocket scientist is good but it has to be realistic and not a fantasy or comedy.  I saw the space movie by  SJK.  Seems that it did well but I couldn't watch it after 10 minutes, too unreal.  Masters of universe was popular with Groot and the Racoon but then it is fantasy and not something I want LMH to act in.  Too many fantasy dramas already.

@CallieP GHJ  and the screenwriter (Seo Sook-hyang) achieved huge success by attracting great viewership for each drama that they worked together. Gong Hyo-jin was called the “Queen of ratings” after the success of various dramas she appeared in.  :heart:

• Like 6

I personally loved SJK and Space Sweepers so I wouldn't write off this unknown project yet, esp if it's with a "proven" director. I do hope this is through Netflix! SJK was so successful with Space Sweepers/Vincenzo, I am sure LMH will ride the Netflix wave well too. Also, TKEM probably wasn't a show for "everyone" but I can see a space-travel theme being more mainstream and getting more traction! 

• Like 1

Gong Hyo Jin, Lee Min Ho's Potential Spouse Who Must Be Ready to Be Blamed after Kim Go Eun's Criticism

Dyanta
- November 19, 2021

2455416360.jpg

JakTimNews.com - Beautiful actress Gong Hyo Jin is rumored to be soon playing a drama with Lee Min Ho who was once a pair with Kim Go Eun.

Reporting from KBIZoom, YTN Star, Gong Hyo Jin's agency has confirmed that the artist is in talks to accept the offer of a new drama titled "Ask the Stars".

Ask the Star itself is a romantic comedy genre drama set in outer space written by screenwriter Seo Sook Hyang.

It is known that Gong Hyo Jin and screenwriter Seo Sook Hyang have collaborated in 2 works "Pasta" and "Don't Dare to Dream".

Both dramas received impressive ratings and were warmly received by the audience.

The plan is that Gong Hyo Jin will be paired with top class South Korean actor, Lee Min Ho.

318345191.jpg

According to KBIZoom, on November 18, Lee Min Ho was offered to star in the drama “Ask the stars” written by screenwriter Seo Sook Hyang.

Lee Min Ho's agency MYM Entertainment stated that “Ask the Stars” was one of the projects that were offered to the actor, however, nothing has been confirmed yet.

If Gong Hyo Jin is really going to play on Ask th Star with Lee Min Ho, she has to be prepared for all the criticism from fans.

The reason is, as reported by KBIZoom, Lee Min Ho's co-worker in the drama The King: Eternal Monarch, Kim Go Eun, has received strong criticism.

261177806.jpeg

Kim Go Eun protested that his visuals were not comparable to his co-star in The King: Eternal Monarch, Lee Min Ho.

Since the beginning of filming, Kim Go Eun has become a controversial face when she has a beauty that deviates from Korean standards.

Therefore, Kim Go Eun was criticized by some viewers because her visual appearance was not worthy of being side by side with Lee Min Ho who became a handsome actor in Korea.

Spoiler

1019771551.jpg

However, with her impressive acting skills and explosive chemistry, Kim Go Eun quickly crushed the criticism.

Even to this day, fans still expect Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho to become a couple in real life because their chemistry in The King: Eternal Monarch is amazing.

It is not without reason that Gong Hyo Jin must be ready to face criticism if she is to pair up with Lee Min Ho in the drama Ask the Stars. The reason is, he has also received the exact same criticism as Kim Go Eun.

Gong Hyo Jin is the queen of Korean drama ratings, she is famous for her dramas that never go under double digits.

Spoiler

2303120760.jpeg

Kemampuan aktingnya membuat banyak junior, bahkan aktor seumuran, menghormatinya.

His acting skills make many juniors, even actors his age, respect him.

However, Gong Hyo Jin is still criticized but not because of her job, the reason is just because she is less beautiful than her male co-star.

While starring in the drama 'When Camellia Blooms', Gong Hyo Jin was criticized for taking pictures with the male lead Kang Ha Neul. He was considered "too ugly" to appear with his co-stars.

Countless negative comments immediately graced his social media. The actress replied with only one word: " Sorry ".

This answer made Gong Hyo Jin's fans even more sad. (JTN)

Translated from Indonesian google

https://jaktimnews.pikiran-rakyat.com/infotainment/pr-893046173/gong-hyo-jin-calon-pasangan-lee-min-ho-yang-harus-siap-dihujat-setelah-kim-go-eun-dikritik

• Like 3

Astronaut Lee Min Ho ?: Actor's New K-Drama Could Be Set In Outer Space

Ask the star, one of the first Korean series about the cosmos, has set its sights on the king of Hallyu and Pachinko's next star Lee Min Ho.

7YHY4UVHUZG4THLWZI4XUGKJVI.jpg

Multimillonaria producción que podría traer de regreso a Lee Min Ho cuenta con el guion de Seo Sook Hyan. Foto: composición difusión/MYM

18 Nov 2021
Updated on November 18, 2021

Multi-million dollar production that could bring Lee Min Ho back is scripted by Seo Sook Hyan. Photo: diffusion composition / MYM

As Lee Min Ho fans await Pachinko's release, a new project could mark his return to K-dramas like we've never seen it before: Ask the stars. Billed as one of the first Korean space series, this multi-million dollar production written by the master of romantic comedies Seo Sook Hyan would bring the King of Hallyu with a new image in an astronaut suit.

Gong Hyo Jin, another major ‘dramaland’ figure, whom we previously saw in When the Camellia Blooms, is voiced in the female lead.

Spoiler

7EIDMQPRPRHJFM5ELW2WOOJ24U.jpg

Lee Min Ho is the most popular Korean actor internationally. Photo: MYM

On November 18, industry representatives reported that Gong Hyo Jin was cast as the lead of Ask the stars. In response, his agency replied, "He's looking into the possibility of appearing in writer Seo Sook Hyang's new job."

Later that day, insiders announced the heirs' remembered Kim Tan in the male lead. In this regard, the Korean actor's agency clarified: “It is one of the several projects that were offered to him. Nothing has been confirmed yet ”.

Spoiler

HYEOEUW56ZHLFIUD6XFW4LNNXY.jpg

Lee Min Ho rose to world fame for his work on Boys over flowers. Photo: Esquire Kr

YOU CAN SEE Lee Min Ho and Jennie Kim did have a photo together in 2021 LACMA Art + Film
If the offer is accepted by the King of Hallyu, fans will see him for the first time in an astronaut suit. Aks the stars would also be his long-awaited return to K-dramas after The king: eternal monarch with Kim Go Eun, as well as his new work after the soon-to-be-released international series, Pachinko.

Lee Min-ho fights his way to save Kim Go-eun | The King: Eternal Monarch Ep 11 [ENG SUB]

For her part, Gong Hyo Jin would take on her first screen challenge after When the Camellia Blooms, a romantic drama co-starring Kang Ha Neul, which swept the awards for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.

Kong Hyo-jin kisses Kang Ha-neul first | When the Camellia Blooms Ep 9 [ENG SUB]

About Ask the stars
Ask the stars is billed as one of the first South Korean dramas to be set in outer space. Previously, the aforementioned country tested the theme, but in the Netflix film with Song Joong Ki, Space sweepers. Also, The Silent Sea will soon be released with Gong Yoo and Bae Doona.

A space tourist and an astronaut will give life to this "space station romantic comedy" that has been worked on for three years by the master romcom writer, Seo Seook Hyang, and that would have an estimated budget of more than 40,000 million won ( approximately $ 33.8 million).

The screenwriter is the author of the dramas Pasta and Jealousy Incarnate starring Gong Hyo Jin in 2010 and 2016 respectively.

Translation from spanish google

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2021/11/18/lee-min-ho-podria-ser-astronauta-en-nuevo-doramas-ask-the-stars-serie-coreana-sobre-el-espacio-exterior-gong-hyo-jin/

• Like 4