Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

@CallieP here is the video of the 40 takes:

Credit: ICE Beyond MinoBoiz ICE

He/she said in the comment section of the clip that these 40 takes were for Mackerel Run:

it's in Mackerel Run, not a famous scene. And Minho was imitating that scene (about a friend was calling his name, so he turning back) Minho said he was really frustrating, even crying on the way back home (his parents didn't know that) 

Regarding drama promotion, there was no promotion after Heirs, as far as I know. He was super busy travelling for events and endorsements. The MinShin shippers were super active at that time and they were dying for such promotion so they could see MinShin together, but none happened. They just had to let their imagination go wild.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, adamfever said:

@CallieP here is the video of the 40 takes:

Credit: ICE Beyond MinoBoiz ICE

He/she said in the comment section of the clip that these 40 takes were for Mackerel Run:

it's in Mackerel Run, not a famous scene. And Minho was imitating that scene (about a friend was calling his name, so he turning back) Minho said he was really frustrating, even crying on the way back home (his parents didn't know that) 

Actually, it was NOT 'Mackerel Run'. Minho said 'Sharp'.

I don't know if 'Sharp' is the official English title of that drama, but its Korean title can be translated into 'Sharp' in musical terms.

I remember that Sharp was the first drama that Minho took a minor role in when he was a high school student in 2003.

Minho officially debuted in 'Secret Campus', but he took a few minor roles in other dramas before Secret Campus.

The name of Minho's character in Sharp seems to have been Jinho as I googled.

These are NOT that scene Minho explained for your information. I don't know about it. They are just Minho's character images in Sharp that I found in the net just now.

image.jpgCr  SeowoL

• Like 15

Sorry I am not very savvy to quote and reply but I will attempt to answer the queries related to my post.

I do not have the video on the re-enactment but I saw some photos on Weibo capturing the moment he responded to fans calling his name. How do I insert a photo here using IPhone?

The very reason why I had wanted to attend the FM was to see him in real person. Gosh I must say he is much taller than I had imagined him to be...almost towering. He is very gangly and slender, much skinner than on screen or photos and definitely carried off all the clothes put on him . Extremely suave and soft spoken. Smile with his dimples is so charismatic. Not larger than life but very humble and simple. He sings very well too although he mentioned that he didn't think his singing and dancing has improved at all over the years.

Hard for me to post every detail of the FM but am very happy to post if you all want to know about it. Just keep questions coming.

• Like 14

Have you ever heard of 'Dear Abby', an advice column in the newspaper? 

Minho had a similar section in his fan meeting on the second day. Prior to the fan meeting, there were boards for post-it notes on which the fans could write their problems or wishes they wanted Minho to give them answers for.

I'll translate the 'Dear Minho' section bit by bit.

Cr. Chunyou0622

==================================================

Part 1.

MC: It's okay if Mr LMH chooses one, but I chose the one note in advance because I thought I should definitely help this person. I'll read you guys this one first.

(0:08) "I lost my change purse in this concert hall yesterday. [Everybody including Minho laughed out loud.] It's Lion change purse and it has pink pocket pie [I don't know what it means.] in it. I can't use Wi-Fi now. I really want it back." 

(0:22) If anybody found this Lion change purse yesterday, I hope the finder will give it to the staff after the fan meeting ends today. I chose this one. I felt compelled to help this person.

MH: She stressed 'Lion' in this note, so I can see that it's very precious to her. 

MC: Right. I hope she will get it back. Then let's see..

• Like 17

Regarding FAITH-- there were some issues, but maybe time has healed some of the pain.  It seems like we all will have a lot to talk about with the re-watch!

In the Talk Concert from last year (Jan 2016),

He confirmed that his favorite drama is Faith, and Kim Hee Sun is his favorite co-star. His favorite romantic line was also from Faith when Choi Young said, "When I walk toward you, it'll be for eternity." *   (me--Love this line!  This is like HJJ.)

*Approximate from Soompi. (Special thanks to pixie022.)

source:  https://www.dramafever.com/news/10-highlights-from-lee-min-hos-minoz-world-talk-concert/{[{notification.object.url}]}

I think the writer, Nancy Z, got some of her information from this thread.  Does she mean @pixie0622?

Also, I thought this was a re-enactment from FAITH (in Yokohama, Jan 2016):

credit: Beyond MinozBoiz ICE

I just remember some good things being said about FAITH last year.  I think Choi Young is his most likeable/admirable character.  :)

----------

When I watched the National Brand Awards presentation, I noticed that at the end all the men wanted to have selfies taken with LMH.  He's not just for fan-girls!  LOL

• Like 13

5 hours ago, 1ouise said:

When I watched the National Brand Awards presentation, I noticed that at the end all the men wanted to have selfies taken with LMH.  He's not just for fan-girls!  LOL

@1ouise:  I noticed that too!  I imagine their daughters pleaded with their fathers to take a picture with LMH!  

@zinnia and @heartLMH (why dont' the names highlight?) thank you so much for the fan account for those of us who aren't able to attend.  @heartLMH:  I must say that it was very brave of you to attend  yourself.  But, I imagine, even though not everyone speaks the same language, it still was a lot of fun being with other Minoz.  

I read, in the comments section of ICE's video, that LMH is working on the DMZ documentary.  Didn't he do that earlier this year?  Or maybe he is working on the voiceovers?  I hope we will be able to watch this in the US.  I watched a segment on the DMZ on 60 Minutes last week.  It was really interesting, but also concerning.  I knew Seoul was close to the DMZ, but not that close (I think the correspondent said 50 miles).  Part of it is filmed in the negotiation room (I think that what it is called) and on the other side of a door is considered N. Korea.  The N. Korean diplomat, who defected, speaks English really well; I wonder how?

• Like 9

Thank you everyone for your posts :wub: I'm truly enjoying them all and I'll try to share later some of what was being said in his FM on the 19th

I just read he had discussed kissing scenes on the first day. Actually on the second day(when the wrong script was in his hand xD) he read something and said it's better we do without it and talk about something else and different than yesterday .. I couldn't understand what was going on and the audience were so loud but I guess now I know why lmao *sigh* too bad he never mentioned his kisses on Sunday haha

On 2/25/2017 at 5:17 AM, adamfever said:

So Minomi was LMH's childhood nick name? I didn't know that. How did the Minomi stuffy come about? Did it exist in Korea before Personal Taste? Is it popular in Korea, or only Minoz know about it?

I don't think it's popular, only minoz know it. Yesterday I went to Joanne's Bear Museum in Jeju, it's the place at which Minomi is sold including many other hand-made plushies. After we've finished the tour I immediately went to where minomi was, took it and directly went to the cashier. The cashier lady asked our tour guide instead of asking me(cuz she doesn't speak in English) if I was a Lee Minho fan lmao and after confirming she gave me additional postcards of Lee Minho, told our guide that he recently held a fanmeeting in Seoul and I proudly told her that I've gone to it xD they were surprised ..

ps. Joanne's Bear Museum wasn't included in our itinerary but another bigger teddy bear museum was included(the most popular one in Jeju), I insisted that we go to Joanne's saying it was cozier and every thing is hand-made haha .. well, the lady cashier just ruined everything and revealed my Minho-loving secret <\3

• Like 14

@CarolynH During his FM on the 19th, Minho said that rather than shooting commercials he'll be going to DMZ to shoot the documentary. Saying that he'll be involved and working with the staff and not just on the narration and that he'll be going in this cold weather it must be harsh. He then said it's with MBC channel and then realized what he just said .. he asked "is it okay to say it?" LOL xD MC Park assured him that it's okay since everyone already knows about the documentary.  

I guess he's currently shooting for it. (I thought he's done with it since last May but seems there is more to it) can't wait to see it ^^

• Like 14

On the 18 Feb, the MC asked what he had been busy with and he sheepishly said he was busy rejecting commercial proposals and everyone burst into laughter. I guess this is in preparation for his enlistment.

I also remembered him apologising for the 3 year drought since Heirs to LOTBS and he actually mentioned that there was supposed to be more productions (maybe another drama?) but there were issues which arose (he did not further elaborate on what actually happened).

Let's hope he gets enlisted soon else he will not return until mid or end 2019!

• Like 14

@zinnia @Latifah_ @heartLMH 

5 hours ago, Latifah_ said:

@CarolynH During his FM on the 19th, Minho said that rather than shooting commercials he'll be going to DMZ to shoot the documentary. Saying that he'll be involved and working with the staff and not just on the narration and that he'll be going in this cold weather it must be harsh. He then said it's with MBC channel and then realized what he just said .. he asked "is it okay to say it?" LOL xD MC Park assured him that it's okay since everyone already knows about the documentary.  

I guess he's currently shooting for it. (I thought he's done with it since last May but seems there is more to it) can't wait to see it ^^

Thank you so much chinggus for writing about your FM experience !! It really means a lot to us and we do appreciate your efforts in translating and relating to us your experience. 

I am learning a lot of new things about our boy just by reading your posts. Like I never knew Minomi was LMH's nickname when he was young. And those photos from Sharp -- i think I've never seen those before. Our boy looked so young. 

I love seeing old-timers here like @adamfever and @gaeingoh . Hope you guys stick around for the next 2 years when we re-watch LMH's dramas.

@1ouise I loved rereading that DF article on LMH's talk concert in 2016. It sure tells a lot about his character and how humble, charming and appreciative he is when it comes to Minoz. I am proud to be his fan.

@CallieP  I haven't seen a video of the whole FM, but here are a couple of long videos from LMH International of the interview and games with fans on Day 1. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, heartLMH said:

On the 18 Feb, the MC asked what he had been busy with and he sheepishly said he was busy rejecting commercial proposals and everyone burst into laughter. 

Sorry to cut your post.

But I can't help correcting this part again. I don't understand why some overseas fans keep saying it, but maybe there was an interpretation issue, I presume?

Anyway, he didn't say it.

He said "I have been doing cf works which were delayed during LOTBS shooting."

Then the MC said "Delayed commercials. I envy you so much. What do you feel when your commercials were delayed?"  She just joked meaning Minho had many cf schedule waiting for him. That's the point where everybody laughed out loud. She continued "I have never experienced it. I have been delayed in the busy traffic many times but I haven't experienced that my commercials were delayed (because of other schedule)."

Minho drank water instead of answering right away.

The MC teased him. "Why are you drinking water instead of answering? I will give this water bottle to one of the fans here later." At that the fans cheered.

Minho sheepishly said "Well, I just feel good."

• Like 15

I believe that he is busy declining commercial proposals, though he didn't specifically speak out at the fanmeeting.

LOTBS and he himself were always in the top of the brand reputation lists, there is no way that he doesn't receive  a lot of offers during and after the drama was aired.

I guess as the fan meeting was scripted, the script was also translated before the meeting (that totally makes sense because otherwise it's not easy to do paralleled interpretation) . In the script. he was supposed to say he was busy rejecting endorsements, but he didn't do so at the spot. The interpreter didn't catch that and went along with the script, hence there was some mismatching, but that might not change the fact that he is not accepting any offer right now.

@Latifah_  (how come I can't tag you), you are still in Korea? You booked a tour there? Is there anything else in your tour that is LMH related?

• Like 12