Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

https://rollingstoneindia.com/looking-forward-10-most-anticipated-k-dramas/

Looking Forward: 10 Most Anticipated K-Dramas

Great K-dramas are on the way, with intriguing originals, compelling adaptations, and even more captivating sequels

0010d4509e325a194d1c9591d4944796?s=40&d=
Debashree Dutta Jan 09, 2023

Ask the Stars

Ask-the-Stars_HanCinema-960x630.jpgLee Min-ho and Gong Hyo-jin in Ask the Stars. Photo courtesy of HanCinema

For fans of the Korean dreamboat Lee Min-ho, such as myself, the wait to see him on screen again post-Pachinko has been long. That came about as a result of Ask the Stars, helmed by Park Shin-woo and starring Lee and Gong Hyo-jin. A space tourist and astronaut’s fateful encounter is the subject of the sci-fi rom-com TV series. As Gong Ryong, a conscientious obstetrician-gynecologist, Lee will cross paths with Eve Kim (Gong), a Korean-American astronaut, when he enters the space station as a visitor.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Oh, I think I've had the fried seaweed thing.  Hmart sells them frozen.  They're pretty good! 

@CarolynH  actually, all kinds of seaweed can be used for deep-frying. There's a time when I eat this as snack. In the Japanese tradition, “people really attribute their health and longevity to seaweed, and even healthier skin and hair. Since there are so many kinds of seaweed, it’s difficult to issue a blanket statement about their nutrition but “overall, [it’s] fairly low in calories. But, people should eat seaweed in moderation.  :blush:

• Like 2

*** I hope “Pachinko” will win for the upcoming 28th Critics Choice Awards on Jan. 15 in Los Angeles. (Sunday US time) Kim Min-ha will fly to US to attend the event. “Pachinko” is nominated in the Best Foreign Language Series category.  Last

year, “Squid Game” won Best Foreign Language Series.   :wut:

• Like 3

Interesting that they're filming at the hospital again.  Are the filming out of sequence or it is toward the end when Eve Kim and Dr dinosaur are back on Earth?

I wouldn't mind if LMH participates in another documentary.  

• Like 4

6 K-Dramas to Anticipate in 2023!

Now that a new year has arrived, it's time to look forward to the exciting K-dramas set to air in 2023! Here are six K-dramas that you can anticipate in the coming year!

spacer.png

2. When the Stars Gossip: Also titled "Ask the Stars," featuring two of the most wonderful actors around, Lee Min Ho and Gong Hyo Jin, set out for space in this compelling drama!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/01/6-k-dramas-to-anticipate-in-2023

• Like 7

5 Highly-Rated K-Dramas That Are Set In High Society

K-dramas set in high society are almost always dramatically enticing. Seeing how much families are willing to do in order to keep the respect and honor of their family intact is exhilarating, and it makes for an edge-of-your-seat watch. There are many series that like to depict this particular lifestyle, and here are five K-dramas that do it well.

Heirs

Heirs.png

In “Heirs,” Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye) is a high school student who can’t seem to catch a break. She tries to track down her sister (who abandoned their family) in the States, and she meets Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho) in the process. When she returns to Seoul, she has the opportunity to attend an elite private school filled with chaebols. She decides to attend and ends up meeting Kim Tan there again. He makes it very clear what his intentions are, and he becomes very persistent in trying to win her affections.

This was one of the biggest K-dramas that put writer Kim Eun Sook on the Hallyu wave. After garnering a massive positive response domestically from this series, people couldn’t wait for her next projects. Seeing the dramatic, high society life of multiple high school students provided that momentary escape, making it an engaging and fun watch.

Watch episode 1 here: 

Watch Now

Boys Over Flowers

boys-over-flowers.jpeg

Gu Jun Pyo (Lee Min Ho) has got all the characteristics needed to be a chaebol. He’s good-looking, charming, popular, has a lot of friends, and is pretty arrogant. So it’s no wonder when Geum Jan Di (Ku Hye Sun) transfers to his school that he treats her horribly. He bullies her, which in turn makes his fellow classmates bully her too. It takes a destined event and transformation for Jun Pyo to realize that his hate for her may not actually be hate but genuine feelings of like. He finds a way to win Jan Di’s heart, but he definitely has his work cut out for him.

We really can’t forget this classic series that brought about international fame. This series was said to have been one of the dramas that started (and continues) the hype around Korean dramas. There was something charming about a wealthy chaebol high school student falling fast and hard for the poor new girl at school that people were completely sucked into. The classic scenes, lines, and stars all continue to be parodied today!

Watch the first episode here:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 6

22 hours ago, syntyche said:

6 K-Dramas to Anticipate in 2023!

Now that a new year has arrived, it's time to look forward to the exciting K-dramas set to air in 2023! Here are six K-dramas that you can anticipate in the coming year!

2. When the Stars Gossip: Also titled "Ask the Stars," featuring two of the most wonderful actors around, Lee Min Ho and Gong Hyo Jin, set out for space in this compelling drama!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/01/6-k-dramas-to-anticipate-in-2023

@syntyche  thanks for sharing this. I guess the final title of the drama now is : "When the Stars Gossip". Whatever, this

drama will be worth watching this year.   :shaq:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, willenette said:

@syntyche  thanks for sharing this. I guess the final title of the drama now is : "When the Stars Gossip". Whatever, this

drama will be worth watching this year.  

@willenette do you have any idea what happened to Koreandrama.org?   They have ratings of all SK dramas.  Doesn't seem to be available any longer.

• Like 1

CallieP - re drama ratings Dramabeans always shows what current dramas

are getting in  ratings. (Must admit not a great fan of Dramabeans since

the two main people left - Javabeans & Girl Friday- but it’s handy for ratings etc) 

When Ask the Stars was first announced one of the sponsors/ investors  was his agency MYM. I wondered, and perhaps Willinette will know,  if many stars invest in their own dramas. Sounds like this one is costing a lot of money. I know - pre  Netflix - that many of his dramas sold to other countries like Vietnam etc and the cost of the drama was covered by the sales and the PPI. Can’t see there being many PPI opportunities in a space station!!!
Shame about SAG nominations but guess we should be used to it after Emmy and Golden Globes but fingers crossed for Critics Choice award which Kim Min Ha is attending.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, CallieP said:

@willenette do you have any idea what happened to Koreandrama.org?   They have ratings of all SK dramas.  Doesn't seem to be available any longer.

@CallieP  yes, I noticed that, too. At first, I thought all along it was just me and only here in my side. Domain name is up for sale, they want $100,00 for the name. IDK why. I was quite confused by the fact that Koreandrama.org has gone!  Usually, I always check the latest Korean drama and its ratings from this site. Now, sigh.....I cannot connect/open the site anymore. You know, most of visitors on this site come from mobile devices.   :weary::tears:

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

CallieP - re drama ratings Dramabeans always shows what current dramas

are getting in  ratings. (Must admit not a great fan of Dramabeans since

the two main people left - Javabeans & Girl Friday- but it’s handy for ratings etc) 

When Ask the Stars was first announced one of the sponsors/ investors  was his agency MYM. I wondered, and perhaps Willinette will know,  if many stars invest in their own dramas. Sounds like this one is costing a lot of money. I know - pre  Netflix - that many of his dramas sold to other countries like Vietnam etc and the cost of the drama was covered by the sales and the PPI. Can’t see there being many PPI opportunities in a space station!!!
Shame about SAG nominations but guess we should be used to it after Emmy and Golden Globes but fingers crossed for Critics Choice award which Kim Min Ha is attending.

@Lindyloo421  yes, right you are - dramabeans is one of the alternatives & the competitor of Koreandrama.org. 

:popcornjackson:

As far as I know, not many K-stars invest in their own dramas.  But, I know that when Su Ji Sub put up 51K, he always invest in all of his dramas. Bae Yong Joon, too when he invested in Dream High. But, many of them put up their own companies. These actors’ reasons for launching and establishing independent entertainment/talent agencies vary. But typically, the decision to do so is associated with these Korean artists wanting to gain better control of the projects they do and have more flexibility in terms of schedule. I know Hyunbin has his own Vast Entertainment, Shin Min Ah's O & Entertainment, Ha Ji Won's Haewadal Entertainment, and RAIN's RAIN Company.   :Ohboy3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I think his clumsiness is part of his charm, don't you?  

@CarolynH  I agree with you - Do you know that experiments in social psychology show that people who are clumsy get rated as more attractive? Doing something clumsy makes you appear more charming and likable (especially if you're normally very composed).   :heart3:

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 2:16 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

@Lindyloo421  indeed, “Pachinko” has achieved a big win at the Critics Choice Awards and the award went to the drama. “Minari” in 2021, “Squid Game” in 2022, and now, “Pachinko” in 2023, Korean productions have now won at three consecutive Critics Choice Awards. Congratulations to the “Pachinko” team!   :Megalol:

0005075096_001_20230116112301013.jpg?typ

source : https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/009/0005075096?sid=103

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Congratulations to the team of Pachinko for winning the Best Foreign Language Series at the CriticsChoiceAwards!

@backstreetboysfan  "Pachinko" won the trophy in the TV category to beat eight other contestants. Netflix's 'Extraordinary Woo' was nominated along with 'Pachinko' for the same category, however, the award went to 'Pachinko.' Again, congratulations! Well deserved!   :kisslevel:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1