Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

42 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

So I’m a bit confused,,,,

I remember some Minoz said before that Hansu is an evil character? How can an evil character be like Mr. Darcy? Why would LMH describe an evil character as someone who shines brightly? He didn’t even say Hansu is a dark character. I also remember LMH said Hansu is strong and powerful, but he never said anything about evilness. So Hansu in book has two sides? One side is in love with Sanju and helps her without her knowing and the other side is involved in Yakuza and even beat a woman, maybe the screen writer even remove the beating scene and only show dark side of Yakuza in other ways described in the book. 

Hansu “shines brightly” because he is the epitome of a rich and powerful man who has privilege. I believe if the author delved deeper into his story, we may have seen another side to him that struggled? We know he didn’t have it easy as a child until he met and gained the favor of the yakuza leader, his father in law, but the writer only briefly mentioned it. Maybe we might actually get to see his story play out in the show (I’m hoping) but in the book, we only meet the older Hansu who seems to have come out of it all with the mindset of survival of the fittest. No doubt he was never violent towards Sunja and one can argue he loved her and Noa but I wouldn’t say he’s a great man. He hurt Sunja in many ways. It may not have been physical but he definitely inflicted emotional pain. He’s also not a respectful man towards others. He is a scary man, if anything. He’s a cheater and a violent mafia leader. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

@Heretorant thanks dear for analysis:heart3:, His character seems to have many layers,,,:approves:  

by the way, there is many Koreans comments under this video that was shared before in Pachinko thread.. They are proud of the writer and also look forward to LMH’s performance.

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

So I just visited Dc and I see Koreans also agree with description of Hansu in the view of Caroline Kennedy. I also saw another post in which Korean fan said she read Pachinko multiple times and that she agreed with the review video on YouTube. Wow, I’m so looking forward to meeting Hansu!! 

https://m.dcinside.com/board/minho/698080

https://m.dcinside.com/board/minho/698075

================ 

is LMH going to Canada today? :notsureifserious: please tell me where he is, SK or Canada 

OMG, Giant minomi got sold out in 17 minutes ,,,,:evilelmo:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

:fullofhearts:Qr99AtJ.jpg

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=30590995&memberNo=32792076

3 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

MYM answered your calling ... seriously .. u text them again? or are they here?

LMH said he would give us more good news, :joy: that’s why we keep getting content almost everyday!!! Today we may also get episode 4,,,

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

WAaaaa.... that pic you posted , LMH looking awesomely epic!  @Nikaa94

white against black
01-0301_.jpg?type=w1200

black again black
02-0631_.jpg?type=w1200

%EC%95%84%EC%9D%B4%EC%BB%A8%ED%83%9D.gif

I don't think I should keep doing this, but I wanted to feel that I was alive. 
In the midst of that, I met <Pachinko>, and my thoughts got stronger, so I started <Lee Minho Film>.

cr https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=30590995&memberNo=32792076

16 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I think Romantic's meaning is different according to some Western people, Ordinary Kdrama viewers don't think as romantic to Hansu , I am also can't say romantic, contrary I can say that so many people want to swear to Hansu. I can't understand exactly but she is talking about Darcy, Darch is only Western romantic movie character for me and Pride and Prejudice is only romantic movie that I like it , and I can watch it over and over. And I never think to Hansu like Darcy. 

16 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

so if people think of Hansu as Mr. Darcy and other romantic characters in books, then the drama screen writer must have written Hansu in a way to come out as a character with all those qualities. LMH also said Hansu shines brightly, why did he say that? I think Mr. Darcy does shine brightly in Pride and Prejudice because he is charming and romantic. 

I'm re-posting my response from the Pachinko thread since all the action seems to be over here.  :lol:

“I would like to congratulate the birth of a very romantic hero character called "Hansu". He is the man who summarized Heathcliff and Fitzwilliam Darcy and Rhett Butler in one.”

The term "romantic hero" doesn't always refer to "romance."

"The Romantic hero is a literary archetype referring to a character that rejects established norms and conventions, has been rejected by society, and has themselves at the center of their own existence.

“The Romantic hero first began appearing in literature during the Romantic period ... [when] the typical notion of the hero as upholding social order began to be challenged. read more here

To understand this summary of Hansu, you need to know all three characters.  The good layer of Hansu can be compared to Darcy, but Hansu also has the dark and dishonorable layers of the other two characters. 

Min Jin Lee clearly stated that her Hansu is not a good man, though he is charming. 

We can only wait and see what Hansu in this adaptation will be like.  :)

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

My favorite is this one,,, baby! 

Same here too @Nikaa94  I like that flowery shirt he is wearing.    

Peek a boo - guess he is wearing something inside
02-0631_.jpg?type=w1200

10 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

This survey was including 17 countries :
China, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Vietnam, Australia, USA, Brazil, France, UK, Russia, Turkey, UAE, South Africa

I am suprised to Japan, Crash is really popular in Japan , it is still on Netflix Japan Top 10 and I see so many posts about "how much successful Crash and Iteawon in Japan" on Korea forums almost everyday, but LMH is still Top 1 in even Japan.

King couldn't be so popular as much as Crash in Japan because of Japan war secenes. But LMH is still strong.As expected Japan fans are really loyal.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

Not Song Ye Jin, but Song Hye Kyo is the most famous Korean actress in the world, Hyun Bin is inferior to Lee Min Ho

Kien Ngi Lo and readers

These are all popular Korean actors on the screen, beloved by many viewers. 

On the morning of January 28, Korea's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism suddenly announced a list of Kbiz actors who have received love overseas. The list quickly caught the attention of many fans due to the accumulation of iconic names.

Accordingly, Lee Min Ho is the most popular Korean actor in the world with 9.6% in the poll.  Last year the actor returned with the immortal television project "King: Eternal Monarch".  Although the film did not generate much resonance, the actor's return caused an "earthquake" throughout Asia.  In addition, it is also a film written by golden screenwriter Kim Eun Suk, which is why Lee Min Ho's name is mentioned on social media both in Korea and international market.

hang-hieu-cua-lee-min-ho-1589337635-1611

https://m.afamily.vn/khong-phai-son-ye-jin-song-hye-kyo-moi-la-nu-dien-vien-han-noi-tieng-nhat-the-gioi-hyun-bin-bi-lep-ve-so-voi-lee-min-ho-20210128150429561.chn

Forgive me for not visiting the forum for a long time. My old tablet was out of order and I had to buy a new one. It was not possible to restore the previous account in soompi and had to open a new one.

Edited by nina_mitrokhina
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2