Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

19 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20170906 on duty :

e3970d78gy1fj9l8vo3abj20u00u0h9t.jpg

e3970d78gy1fj9l8u0shgj20u00u0nki.jpg

e3970d78gy1fj9l8x6zcuj20u00u0h5g.jpg

Hide contents

e3970d78gy1fj9l8ykx5zj20u00u0nho.jpg

cr Logo

Hi gtLmh, IDK why I can't view the pictures - It seems that Soompi is acting up again since they're fixing up again the Forum. Even in my postings here not only in this thread, it seems that it's affected - It turns out that all my posts are not the same as what I posted after clicking the "submit reply" - It seems that some functions are not working well - is it just me? Hope they could fix this back. ^_^ Thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures, dear - although still can't view them. Sigh................ ^_^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi gtLmh, IDK why I can't view the pictures - It seems that Soompi is acting up again since they're fixing up again the Forum. Even in my postings here not only in this thread, it seems that it's affected - It turns out that all my posts are not the same as what I posted after clicking the "submit reply" - It seems that some functions are not working well - is it just me? Hope they could fix this back. ^_^ Thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures, dear - although still can't view them. Sigh................ ^_^

I can view my pictures after I modified to post pictures by "Insert other media" → "Insert image from URL" and now the pictures are still there.

But.......where is "Like"  ??????

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I can view my pictures after I modified to post pictures by "Insert other media" → "Insert image from URL" and now the pictures are still there.

But.......where is "Like"  ??????

gtLmh, I can view the pictures now - thanks again, dear. But, right you are - there's no "Like" - hahaha - Soompi is still unstable right now. :D:tongue:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Myhun said:

why no "Like" :confused:

20170906 off work

Reveal hidden contents

DJB_DPtUwAATB4i.jpg

DJB_DPwUEAA-Z7s.jpg

DJB_FngVoAAdqRj.jpg

cr as tagged

Hi Myhun, I guess Soompi has not yet completed fixing up everything here................Please try this :   If you go down the page, you will find a "Theme" tab. Click on it and change it to "Default", you will then be able to like posts. Hope this works for you. :tongue: Also, gtLmh you may also try this if it works for you.

- Thanks for sharing MORE photos from yesterday. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20170908 on duty :

Reveal hidden contents

e3970d78gy1fjbu8ndjkzj20id0idgmv.jpg

cr Logo

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. :tongue:

14 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Total 8 Lee Min Ho's dramas or programs on Japanese TV in Sept. 2017 :   :lol:

cr Logo

*** Also, thanks for sharing this. This looks like a marathon, huh? I'm happy knowing this. :tongue:

• Like 2

For those of us still figuring out how to manage the changes, this post helped me.  Thanks @triplem!

On 9/7/2017 at 2:49 AM, triplem said:

Coping with the changes

I thought I will post some helpful things you can do to handle some of the issues while the kinks in the system are being ironed out.

1. If you miss the "like" button , scroll right down to the bottom of the page, click on a button that says THEME and choose the option  that says "default" (instead of Soompi) and this will give you access to some cute new reaction buttons. This will also give you a new layout of the forum. 

2. If you have issues posting ( and you get the error code ) , try posting without tags, gifs , spoilers and links of any sort. Then once posted, go back & edit and add tags etc. 

3. If you find difficulty in moving to the next page , and it seems to take forever to load , refresh your browser and the page will load. However for now ,this only works on PC. This as of now is still an issue for the Soompi app on my phone.

4. To post pics , gifs or links - best to use the button at the bottom right of your post that says "insert other media"  where you can insert image & links 

5. If like me , you are bothered by the jumbo white spaces between your paragraphs, you can edit them out.

Edit:  I still had trouble posting this comment!  :lol:  I couldn't quote, but had to copy and paste, and I couldn't mention @triplem.  One or both of those things gave me the error message.

And to beautify this post, I'll now practice adding a pic.

tumblr_ovyveg1WtI1w2zf0ho1_500.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

BOF Episode 17 Recap

At the Suam Art Center, JD was busy covering for her parents’ cleaning job, when JH sees her, and gives her a helping hand. After having some fun cleaning around the art center, he then sees her unconscious on the bathroom floor. He brings her to his home, lets the doctor check up on her, and lets her sleep in the bedroom. As he sees her wounded finger, he remembers what she has done when he himself got his finger hurt. He then kisses her hand, and as fate would have it, here comes GJP witnessing that moment. He clenches his fists and leaves JH’s house.

giphy.gif

He sits in his car, and remembers his messed-up situation with JH and his mother. He laughs, then cries out of frustration.

gifbof4.gif

JD and GJP meet at the school hallway, but after what he saw at JH’s house, he gives her a stern look. And sees the wall as an outlet for his anger.

JK then tells JD that GJP finally wants to make their relationship official. Shocked by the news, JD musters to say “congratulations” when JK asks her if she’s happy for her.

The GJP and JK couple now makes its debut at a Shinhwa event, where they were met by an uneasy F3. The press sees them, and pressures them to pose for some pictures. Distaste for all of the hullabaloo can be seen on GJP’s face.

gifbof2.gif

The couple then goes on to their first date. GJP is “dragged” to see a movie, visit a museum, and yes, ride the same cable car where he and JD spent their first night together. As JK enjoys herself, GJP sees the note he wrote, “Junpyo and Jandi’s First Night Together.” Memories with JD that night then came rushing in, and when the cable car suddenly jumps, GJP instinctively hugs JK. Realizing what just happened, he withdraws his arms around her.

gifbof3.gif

In the school stairwell, JD and JH were talking about their lives - JD’s career path and JH’s relationship with his grandfather - when they see GJP and JK walking towards them. They overhear the couple’s conversation, about GJP getting tired of JK’s nagging around, and then GJP giving in to JK’s bargain of leaving him alone, in exchange for a kiss. GJP thinks of the moments when he and JD shared a kiss, and then leans in and gives JK a kiss…with eyes wide open. The protective JH hugs JD to shield her from what they just witnessed. But that doesn’t stop her tears from falling.

gifbof12.gif

To get over her sadness, JD and JH go out for dinner. But so do GJP and JK, and they meet at the same restaurant. JK then sees and takes on the challenge of eating a huge bowl of noodles, while the three stare in bewilderment. She finishes the whole bowl of noodles, so the three are made to fulfill her wish of going to a resort for a double date. imgbof5.png

Spoiler

imgbof4.png

At the resort, bestfriends GJP and JH prepare dinner for the four of them. But during dinner, the sight of JH’s sweet gestures toward JD and JK’s continuous bugging totally annoys him.

imgbof1.png

Spoiler

gifbof5.gif

gifbof6.gif

gifbof7.gif

After dinner, JD sits by the pool, and gazes at the necklace that GJP gave her. She turns the star and moon pendant around, and sees the “J&J” engraved on it. Similar to the one engraved on the ring JK plans to give GJP.

imgbof2.png

She accidentally drops the necklace in the pool, so she jumps in to find it. But when she does, her shoulder injury kicks in which nearly sends her to drowning. GJP then comes swimming to save her.

GJP then reveals to the surprised JD that he learned to swim, because he’d rather drown, than see someone else save her.

gifbof8.gif

JH then arrives with JK, and he takes JD from there. As they leave, JK notices the glances GJP and JD take at each other. GJP leaves, and JK picks up the necklace JD dropped, and sees the engraved “J&J.” She later then joins a bewildered GJP at the pool, and gives him a back hug. Just in time as JD walks by and sees them. 

imgbof3.png

Spoiler

gifbof9.gif

gifbof10.gif

gifbof11.gif

***My Comments***

In this episode, we saw how GJP and JD still love each other, and are longing to be together. I think that GJP’s decision to make his relationship with JK public, which was triggered by the sight of JH kissing JD’s hand, only proved how much he really still loves JD. But their complicated situation is frustrating him enough, and it shows on his facial expressions throughout the episode. Not to mention those eye rolls.

At the cable car scene, I think, since he was thinking about JD just before the car jumped, his subconscious must have thought that he was physically with JD at that moment, and so his instincts lead him to hugging and protecting who supposedly is JD, but turns out to be JK.

When GJP agreed to give JK a kiss, he must have jumped at the opportunity to be away from JK. And so he kissed her, but unfortunately, JD saw them. And JK follows him still.

In the side story of Gaeul and Yijung, I see some parallelism with GJP and JD, in the sense that Gaeul went out of her way to learn pottery for Yijung, while GJP learned how to swim for JD.

Which brings us to the climax of the episode, GJP saving JD from drowning, and revealing to her that he learned how to swim because he’d rather drown than to see someone else save her! The love between the two is undeniable, and the tension between them can already be felt by JH and JK.

• Like 7

This was an interesting episode I entirely forgot that GJP also cried after seeing JH kissing JD's finger in his home. GJP was dropping by to talk to JH and that he was helpless led to his tears again like he did at the airport. Poor GJP, tears of helplessness and frustration and jealousy. 

6 hours ago, syntyche said:

I think that GJP’s decision to make his relationship with JK public, which was triggered by the sight of JH kissing JD’s hand, only proved how much he really still loves JD.

I am not sure if I agree with this assessment. I wonder what causes GJP to suddenly change his mind. Give in to his mother? He certainly did not show much interest even though he agreed to date JK and acknowledge to the world that they are a couple. He is not mean to her but not caring either. I wonder what is really in his head. Maybe the others have other thoughts about the reason he gave in.

In this episode, there is the Yi Jung and Ga Eul parts and  the JK& GJP, JD & JH connections. Three relationships juxtaposed together. Interesting paradigm.

Their date was interesting and then meeting JD and JH at the ramen place. JK can be perceptible as she knew JD wanted the free noodles and that gal can sure eat. The boys were surprised and I guess secretly impressed. Yet JK does not see the tension between GJP and JD. The going out on a foursome was an interesting part of the episode. GJP rescuing JD. As I noticed and commented earlier, LMH showed his bare top the most in this drama. He was thin then but he still had a great body,  so many fan service scenes. In his other dramas, there would be only one or two scenes. In CH and Heirs only one bare top scene if I remember correctly, even PT. Nothing in Faith and a short one in LOTBS :D:lol:. Only one or two in GB .

One reason people love BOF is that you see how the rich live with special chefs, great food, servants and bodyguards hanging around protecting them. Going to posh places. Far fifferent from everyday life. Ji Hoo being able to call a doctor to the house, things that don't normally occur for every day people.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, CallieP said:

I am not sure if I agree with this assessment. I wonder what causes GJP to suddenly change his mind. Give in to his mother? He certainly did not show much interest even though he agreed to date JK and acknowledge to the world that they are a couple. He is not mean to her but not caring either. I wonder what is really in his head. Maybe the others have other thoughts about the reason he gave in.

I agree that his mother's prodding also has something to do with him giving in. Before he went to JH's house, his mother nagged him yet again about the Shinhwa group being founded on his dad and granddad's blood and tears, and GJP choosing to flush it all down the drain for some fling. I guess in the hopes of talking it out to somewhat clear his head, he went to JH's house, but instead sees JH kissing JD's hand. As he laughed and cried in frustration in the car, he was really confused and feeling the pressure of all the forces around him, his prodding mother, JH's closeness to JD, his love for JD, his fiancee JK, etc. So with all the confusion, frustration, anger, and helplessness, he makes the decision to finally make his relationship with JK official.

2 hours ago, CallieP said:

As I noticed and commented earlier, LMH showed his bare top the most in this drama. He was thin then but he still had a great body,  so many fan service scenes. In his other dramas, there would be only one or two scenes. In CH and Heirs only one bare top scene if I remember correctly, even PT. Nothing in Faith and a short one in LOTBS :D:lol:. Only one or two in GB .

Wow! you really counted them! :D

• Like 7

Great recap @syntyche!  I love your gifs!

Boys Over Flowers episode 17:

If I were a character in this story, I think I would be GJP's noona Jun-hee.  I love the way she is watching over her brother and standing up to their mom.

tumblr_ovz3tdBpIh1w2zf0ho1_540.png

I'm not sure why GJP decides to officially date JK.  Is he hoping if he gives in, his mom will let up and leave him alone?  JK won't leave him alone even after the passionless kiss, but isn't GJP making his disinterest completely obvious?  Everything about him on the date screams, "I don't want to be here!"

tumblr_ovz3tdBpIh1w2zf0ho2_540.png

I like that this episode gave us the chance to flash back to the intimate moments that JP and JD shared and contrast them with the relationship of JP and JK.  Maybe it's cheesy, but my favorite part is Jun-pyo's swimming.  I think it's very touching; he overcame a real fear.

tumblr_ovz3tdBpIh1w2zf0ho4_540.png

• Like 7

@syntyche love your recap chingu, thanks:) and your gifs are lovely too

BOYS OVER FLOWERS -EPISODE SEVENTEEN

To me personally, episode 17 is another tiresome ride filled with angst, frustration and awkwardness. I’m not sure if Jun Pyo misunderstood when he saw Jandi lying in Ji Hoo’s bed while he was kissing her hand, but I want to believe that he noticed that she was sick. Jealous and not being able take care of her himself, he silently leaves and then starts brooding. Then he laughs, feeling insanely frustrated and he bursts into tears, changes to anger back again. Awesome acting.

g53Te0z.jpg3xdaxCR.jpg

Photo cr Dramabeans

Did you notice that he was not even responding to mama Kang when she was lecturing him about his responsibilities?  Woah! How mean is she to torment her own son with that guilt trip? Now, why did he finally decide to date Jae Kyung? Is it to protect Jandi? Or is it because of the tremendous pressure from his evil mom? Jun Pyo is cold and distant towards Jae Kyung who’s constantly nagging, clinging on to him and begging for love, like a fool. The only good thing about her presence is that she makes both of them realize how important they are to each other.

The love quartet in BOF is not one of my most memorable multiple love relationships in K- dramas because it is neither a source of humor nor a way to keep things interesting. Instead it constantly tested the strength of love between Jun Pyo and Jandi. Even though the end was pretty easy to guess Ji Hoo sacrificing himself over and over again at least got us second male lead syndrome. As for Jae Kyung, I still wonder what qualities she could bring to her relationship with Jun Pyo.

It would have been more effective if both the girls took up the ramen eating challenge and competed against each other for the prize. But we know that this scene had to be edited due to actress GHS’s accident. I wonder how Jun Pyo can be buddy -buddy with Ji Hoo after everything that has happened but I loved watching them fixing dinner together in the kitchen.:)

cKRai1q.jpg

Photo cr Dramabeans

Finally, Jun Pyo and Jandi couldn’t avoid each other. He overcame his phobia in order to rescue her and that’s the power of love. :wub:

1PMc1kV.jpg

Spoiler

xnQ2UZHZor42DVowjDQQY5nhCRu0QUPTyXm8xl1K

Photo cr Dramabeans/ as tagged

Jae Kyung probably figured out that there was something between them and thought that it was the best time for her to seize him for a hug when he was in the pool. Why did she have to do that  when he was half clothed? Jae Kyung –ah don’t you know that love cannot be forced?

More links inside spoiler

Spoiler

cr neverlandlady

cr xxxUMIxxx

cr goodboysr

cr stolencity

http://worldupdates-mars.blogspot.com/2009/06/boys-over-flowers-cast-at-wake-of-jang.html

• Like 7