Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

3 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Unfortunately, people who watch public channels have different taste. TV viewers couldn’t understand the story and they were also very impatient. Young people and smart people in SK watched TKEM on Netflix and wavve. 

IF KES is keeping to write simple I am sure her next drama will be big hit in Korea again. But KES trusted herself he didn't predict TV viewers taste .Era is changed. Younger generation abandon TV. There are so many popular Trot shows, older singer attend and theirs rating are almost 30%. Shows' ratings are higher than dramas. Old genaration watch Trot show last years in Korea. Even I saw some young Knetz complain "Elders captured TV" KES should have sold TKEM to Netfllix in the beginning but anyway everything ended. This was a lesson for everybody. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

35 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

If you watch Penthouse you can understand viewers taste, I said last days I am watching beacuse I laugh so much, why ? there are so many exaggerated cases, scenes , characters, plots, currently main male lead relationship with lead 3 women in drama, all of them neighbour ,high schooler girls fight almost every ep. Really I can't tell you all of them :lol: and SBS found with high rating they don't want give up this drama they already started S2 and will make S3 too .

So TV viewers couldn't understand it, they want ordinary family story, cheat etc. simple, you can understand them easly:lol:

Yes, but this primitive and simple story level is not for Lee Min Ho! He has long proven his high acting potential. Lee Min Ho just has nothing to do with such boring material. A class A actor needs a real dramatic story, with an interesting unusual plot and non-trivial direction.

Hope Lee Min Ho next work will be very different from typical Korean dramas and meet the high international standards. Lee Min Ho is long overdue to retire from the Korean "sandbox" if he wants to please the younger generation of viewers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

IF KES is keeping to write simple I am sure her next drama will be big hit in Korea again. But KES trusted herself he didn't predict TV viewers taste .Era is changed. Younger generation abandon TV. There are so many popular Trot shows, older singer attend and theirs rating are almost 30%. Shows' ratings are higher than dramas. Old genaration watch Trot show last years in Korea. Even I saw some young Knetz complain "Elders captured TV" KES should have sold TKEM to Netfllix in the beginning but anyway everything ended. This was a lesson for everybody. 

well, instead of trusting herself, she should have done some research about SK taste. *Sigh* yes it ended already and a lesson for all. Do you have predictions about LMH’s next move? LMH gave us hint twice. He said he would give us more good news in 2021 and also he said he would work harder as an actor in 2021, greeting voice message and ceremony. To me, it seems like LMH knows for sure what projects he will have. 

I didn’t know about Trot show, 30%? older signers singing. Omg :loolz:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

. To me, it seems like LMH knows for sure what projects he will have. 

I think same too, he spoke like he already chose new project.I hope it. let's pray for him , I prayed so much in my bed yesterday because I was so angry :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I didn’t know about Trot show, 30%? older signers singing. Omg :loolz:

Older a singer attanded  last holiday even it broke rating record

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I think same too, he spoke like he already chose new project.I hope it. let's pray for him , I prayed so much in my bed yesterday because I was so angry :lol: 

Yes, we should pray as much as we can, I literally ask God every day! :Please:

Yes yes yes :getmygrooveon:he talked like he was about to say the name of his project too, :lol: you know actors say “look forward to drama X”..  Minoz, I think he already signed contract. You guys can’t say I’m delusional. We have evidence in his own words:relieved:

• Blob 2

results of poll so far, 60 voted.  71.7% tvN-Netflix, 20%  Netflix only, 8.3% JTBC-Netflix 

=========

17 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

@leeminhosny @Nikaa94 there are more awards in Korea, aren't there? Can we have better expectations for Baeksang awards? I just want to see a happy Lee Min Ho attending some awards accompanied by his colleagues and team mates. 

I don’t know, I have the same question, @leeminhosny may have some idea about this. 

Edit: I don’t think we can have better expectations for other awards. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought the loyalty he showed to KES was wonderful- and why shouldn’t he feel admiration and affection for her. She wrote Kim Tan and Lee Gon for him and gave him two massive international hits. Also she didn’t sell TKEM to SBS- Studio Dragon did. I know some of  you on here don’t like her but I think that is unfair! I also think he will work with her again and who knows Netflix may want TKEM2.

• Like 6
  • Unamused 1

23 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

@leeminhosny @Nikaa94 there are more awards in Korea, aren't there? Can we have better expectations for Baeksang awards? I just want to see a happy Lee Min Ho attending some awards accompanied by his colleagues and team mates. 

Never Baeksang won't be nominated King, even SBS didn't give award why will Baeksang give, I don't think, don't wait it. 

9 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I thought the loyalty he showed to KES was wonderful- and why shouldn’t he feel admiration and affection for her. She wrote Kim Tan and Lee Gon for him and gave him two massive international hits. Also she didn’t sell TKEM to SBS- Studio Dragon did. I know some of  you on here don’t like her but I think that is unfair! I also think he will work with her again and who knows Netflix may want TKEM2.

Ofcourse Netflix want but nobody want TKEM2 (LMH or writer or PD) this is so unreal dream. They suffered so much because of King. Why do they want it this pain again? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Happy 2021 everyone!  

Thanks to all who posted and stayed up all night!  I did get up several times during the night and checked what was happening.  I'm happy that LMH won, but agree with some comments that found he seemingly melancholy.  I wanted to give him a big hug.  But isn't he so classy praising KES, when most of us were ?  

My personal thanks to all who posted during 2020 and kept this thread going during the year.:heart:

He is classy and he did seem melancholy.

19 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Morning Chingus all , @Nikaa94
We are sad that SBS has taken LMH for granted, after all these years.    It's SBS's loss.   It's pretty obvious that they just had to give him something.    Else, their PR will have to handle bigger and nastier backlashes by now. 

The thing I am happy was at least we got to see him yesterday.  He looks good and well.  His message was clear words of encouragement to the writer-nim, his appreciation to TKEM PD, crew and fellow casts.  He also wishes everyone well.  He was there for us fans.

Let's move on.   

So may I share something sweet and light from Lazada Malaysia twitter, which :ilike:

Echo you @Intisar G  Continue what you do best here @Nikaa94 as our Ambassador of Cheers here. :heart:

Yes, he spoke in Bahasa Malaysia.  Cool!

13 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

the picture that MYM shared broke and shattered my heart even more, I don’t know why but I can feel his sadness. I said this before ceremony started that LMH would post with his award or something like that. He didn’t post. We know LMH wants to share his good and fun moments with us on IG, how could he post with those sad eyes :bawling:

fans also commented under MYM post too and i think most of his fans noticed. 

Can you share that MYM picture again?  Not sure which one you are referring to.

10 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

He looks soooo sad :tears:

He welcomed the new year alone, waiting alone in a room with no friends or family and seeing how his colleagues weren't winning anything and his drama was not appreciated by the channel he has been working for during a long time. Also, it was the 30 anniversary of this awards and they didn't show any images of LMH's previous dramas. I get why he is so sad. 

As @Nikaa94 says, I just want for him to post something on Instagram, where we get to see him smiling and happy. 

I think that is despicable, not showing one image of LMH's previous dramas when he is the top Hallyu star.

Someone shared the link of the list of awards and winners but I can't find it anymore.  I had to back track 15 pages to catch up yesterday.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

Good job to LMH if he rejected sbs offer. LMH is LMH and he doesn’t need to be stuck with them. Look how he is exploring a totally different world. He didn’t even bother to take cable shows. He is taking a totally different level of project, he deserves the high quality content and production that powerful and rich Apple TV offers. :relieved:

Edit: many things smell fishy about sbs! I also have questions about why TKEM didn’t win best couple award, why? This ceremony was so dishonest and unfair 

Why did sbs bother to nominate almost all Min ho’s costars but not give even 1 award to them. We know sbs can do that! Look how they gave 3 awards at the same time to the 3 actors. 

They can give 3 awards at the same time to 3 different actors so they can definitely give two best couples awards.  TKEM does deserve a best couples award.

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

If they want it , they give same award even 3 people , exactly nonsense , other drama's almost all cast won awards.If they just look rating, how they explain Brahmans? If they look popularity what happned King's worldwide popularity. This is exactly intentional case. Because My brain can't understand. They can add Popularity/Hallyu or bromance awards and so many categories more. But they didn't. 

Agreed totally,  hope LMH never has anything in SBS again.

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

I was waiting for popularity award especially, sbs intentionally ignored TKEM worldwide success. I also don’t get it why Brahman won awards when it had low ratings and also it wasn’t a Hallyu drama. TKEM and LMH should have won an award for popularity, sbs should have thanked LMH for bringing such a large international audience for TKEM. I’m so angry, why did MYM let Min Ho attend. I don’t think kbs would have done this to TKEM if it would have aired on kbs then. 

Sbs should have created category for TKEM  but they did for other dramas. If sbs likes Makjang stuff so much, why did they take TKEM from tvN? TKEM has a unique and refreshing story that would have matched tvN atmosphere.

Yes, Brahms ratings were low so why did they get more awards than TKEM?   Dr Romantic 2 did really well so they would get awards but Brahms was not popular, no Hallyu stars, they were new or unknown stars.  Compared to a mega world hit in TKEM.  Does not make sense.  They can stick to SK and be small-minded.  No big stars will want to be with SBS.  Only Makjang, SBS is passé  :fear:

34 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Studio Dragon sold to SBS??

Yes, I was saying the same thing, perhaps Netflix will offer her big bucks to do TKEM 2 and with a huge budget.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Can you share that MYM picture again?  Not sure which one you are referring to.

3 minutes ago, CallieP said:

They can give 3 awards at the same time to 3 different actors so they can definitely give two best couples awards.  TKEM does deserve a best couples award.

yes, they did, the best couple award should have been given to TKEM :sad1:

4 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Agreed totally,  hope LMH never has anything in SBS again.

say it louder, :sad1:

5 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Yes, Brahms ratings were low so why did they get more awards than TKEM?   Dr Romantic 2 did really well so they would get awards but Brahms was not popular, no Hallyu stars, they were new or unknown stars.  Compared to a mega world hit in TKEM.  Does not make sense.  They can stick to SK and be small-minded.  No big stars will want to be with SBS.  Only Makjang, SBS is passé

LMH should never do any public channel drama, they don’t deserve him. LMH is a big star!! Our King deserves the best content.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Old generation don’t watch this type of dramas and instead prefer to watch some women screaming and pulling each other’s hair. 

Hahaha !!!!! That's typical K-drama 20 years ago. It's interesting that after 20 years, these K-dramas are still match Korean's taste. I totally can't watch those exaggerated cases, scenes , characters, and plots. And Korean always think those overacting are excellent.  :angry:

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Hahaha !!!!! That's typical K-drama 20 years ago. It's interesting that after 20 years, these K-dramas are still match Korean's taste. I totally can't watch those exaggerated cases, scenes , characters, and plots. And Korean always think those overacting are excellent.  :angry:

I honestly don’t understand how they can watch such exaggerated scenes like that. :lol: 

Cable channels offer good content, whenever I read synopsis of new dramas out of curiosity, Cable shows try different story. But public channels have a lot of dramatic drama. penthouse will have season 2 and 3, unbelievable 

• Like 6

I'm trying to be positive.  One good thing about the SBS awards is that we got to see LMH.  I don't think the cable stations have award shows, do they?

I do hope LMH posts something on IG, just so we know he's ok.  I know he's strong, but I want to see for myself that he's fine.  

I feel as though LMH has something lined up.  I even think Pachinko was lined up a while ago.  

Hey guys, can anyone help our new friend @Intisar G?  She is receiving this message....You have reached the maximum number of posts you can make per day" and the "quote" bottom is hidden.   Is there a limit to the number of posts when you're new?

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

23 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I'm trying to be positive.  One good thing about the SBS awards is that we got to see LMH.  I don't think the cable stations have award shows, do they?

I do hope LMH posts something on IG, just so we know he's ok.  I know he's strong, but I want to see for myself that he's fine.  

I feel as though LMH has something lined up.  I even think Pachinko was lined up a while ago.  

Hey guys, can anyone help our new friend @Intisar G?  She is receiving this message....You have reached the maximum number of posts you can make per day" and the "quote" bottom is hidden.   Is there a limit to the number of posts when you're new?

@CarolynH It's ok now, it's resolved. Thank u for asking :heartxoxo:

4 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

Yes, but this primitive and simple story level is not for Lee Min Ho! He has long proven his high acting potential. Lee Min Ho just has nothing to do with such boring material. A class A actor needs a real dramatic story, with an interesting unusual plot and non-trivial direction.

Hope Lee Min Ho next work will be very different from typical Korean dramas and meet the high international standards. Lee Min Ho is long overdue to retire from the Korean "sandbox" if he wants to please the younger generation of viewers.

For me actors do their jobs first to meet their countries audience et that their work get the  deserved recognition . What is the point of doing unusual plot if their is no-one watching it?  We can't say that international standards are more important than local standards so let hope that LMH next project will be loved by both markets. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

“In this year, I will present you an even better aspect as an actor and also, the aspect that gives you positivity and comforts you. Work perseveringly to become an actor who diligently presents his works” - Lee Min Ho

translation credit: ICE Minoz 

wow, his choice of words are so classy and great. 

“the aspect that gives you positivity and comforts you”  :highonflowers:

Any interpretations? Is he referring to the story or character that he will be playing? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

lntisarar, Undoubtedly, Lee Min Ho needs success in Korea and in other countries. I wish it with all my heart. But there may be a situation where Lee Min Ho is faced with a choice of which drama market to target, local or international. Lee Min Ho himself said that he admired the works of Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, and these are excellent examples. I hope that Lee Min Ho will choose some really interesting projects and will not rely heavily on TV channel ratings.

• Like 7

Cha In-pyo was part of the from the 'First Wave' of Hallyu stars: Here's what happened to the others

By Priyanka Sundar
Jan 1, 2021

d8b9be10-4968-11eb-9be4-41e6a5061db2_800

Gong Yoo, Lee Min-ho, Hyun Bin (tvN/SBS/tvN)

'What Happened to Mr Cha?' is about to air on January 1, 2021 and the film is based on one of the first Hallyu stars, Cha In-pyo. Now here is a list of Global Korean artists who are Hallyu stars and received wide acclaim for their work in the early 2000s...

Lee Min-ho

lee-min-ho-visiting-taipei.jpg?w=983

'Boys Over Flowers', starring Lee Min-ho and Koo Hye-sun, is a remake of 'Meteor Garden' and is considered to be a rite of passage show for any new Kdrama fan. Lee Min-ho has today become one of the most popular Korean actors and has been active in the industry since 2002. The most recent show starring Min-ho was 'The King: Eternal Monarch' in which he starred opposite Kim Go-eun. The actor had completed his compulsory Army enlistment before this show and some of his other popular shows include 'City Hunter' opposite Park Min-young, 'The Legend of the Deep Blue Sea', and 'Faith'. He continues to be a favorite among fans worldwide and has a social media fan following of over 21.7 million followers. Min-ho was also cast in an Apple original in 2020 titled 'Pachinko'.

https://meaww.com/cha-in-pyo-said-to-be-among-first-korean-wave-hallyu-stars-list-others-lee-min-ho-hyun-bin-gong-yoo

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 2