Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

1 minute ago, Missprincesa said:

Hi to all of you!! I am new to Soompi and, in fact, I am quite new to all the K-drama world, but this summer I discovered Lee Min Ho works  and I have watched almost all of them (I am just missing DMZ The wild), because I really like his acting (and his looks, I am not trying to fool anyone, lol) and I also like how he treats his fans in interviews, fanmeetings and such events. 

I am really glad that I found this forum where I can be aware of the last news, because although in Spain he has fans it's not like that he is really famous and it's difficult to find information about him, most of the webs publishing information already translated to English and not from Korean sources, so everything is a bit delayed. I hope to spend some time around here from now and on, because I have been reading this thread the last days and you seem to be very amusing people.

Best regards!!

@Missprincesa, welcome to soompi & c u around here. This MBC documentary was gaining rave reviews and LMH was getting thumbs up for his lively anchoring job ...In fact, he released a special DMZ photo book. ...which, included the photos taken while he filmed this documentary. .The documentary was his last project before his enlistment.  :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JoannaID said:

I observed that this shipper community fandoms is something big in K-entertainment. Is it because K-celebrities culture is very private, so shippers find it exciting and fun to speculate and make theories related to celebrity couples. 

I am not a shipper my self, but I am following shipper posts just for observation, yesterday the TKEM couple shipper fandom was very hype because of certain shoes similarities, and these shippers really believe that the couple is real life couple. lol. 

TKEM couple is not the only hype ship, CLOY couple is also very huge ship, even in Soompi, their shipper thread is bigger than the individual actor and actress main threads, with more views and replies. I found it quite odd, haha.

I knew firstly KPOP shippers , There are really so many crazy kpop shippers but I sew crazy drama shipper Moon Lovers era, IU and Junki had relationship with different people while drama airing and shipper abuse theirs lovers , specially Junki's lover and then they broke up , Actually crazy Shippers are international fans mostly, Korean loves more single celebrities  , If shippers see similar dress etc. they say they lovers but all celebrities are very rich , of course they can wear similar things , I remember so many people said Krystal dated TOP because of their similar post but Dispatch said Krystal dated Kai same era :lol: This is dream world ,  I don't care drama shippers but some crazy people say LMH dates different a girl for every Post when he update :lol: so LMH should date at least 3 girls :lol:

I haven't understood for years how normal people wear same thing from bazaar , of course celebrities can wear same things , because all of them are rich :lol: This still seems me so childish for years , If we search at least 10 celebrities wear same things.

And LMH wears mostly fans gift, but shipper claims still they are couple item :lol:Reality hurts :lol: we saw he wore almost everyday fan gift during military service 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

And LMH wears mostly fans gift, but shipper claims still they are couple item :lol:Reality hurts :lol: we saw he wore almost everyday fan gift during military service 

He is so sweet, wearing the fans' gifts to show his appreciation and posting them too.   He wore them too during his MS time?  Wow!  That shows how thoughtful he was in making a point to do so Thanks @leeminhosny and machi for sharing.

As for shippers, they will be around, in and out.  Guess you can ship any OTP during the drama or for a season.  I won't say that I have not ship any OTP due to their great chemistry on-screen but off-screen, umm no, cause somehow when the drama is over, the feeling (for me) is somewhat lessened.  Well, whether the couple yes or no, it's none of my business.   What I don't like is the fan wars and the hostile notes towards other celebs when pair with their fav bae(s).  

giphy.gif
cr lee_minho_indonesia IG

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

He is so sweet, wearing the fans' gifts to show his appreciation and posting them too.   He wore them too during his MS time?  Wow!  That shows how thoughtful he was in making a point to do so Thanks @leeminhosny and machi for sharing.

As for shippers, they will be around, in and out.  Guess you can ship any OTP during the drama or for a season.  I won't say that I have not ship any OTP due to their great chemistry on-screen but off-screen, umm no, cause somehow when the drama is over, the feeling (for me) is somewhat lessened.  Well, whether the couple yes or no, it's none of my business too.   What I don't like is the fan wars and the hostile notes towards other celebs when pair with their fav bae(s).  

cr lee_minho_indonesia IG

Yes at least 3-4 days in a week he wore fan gift during MS and almost 730 days because fan came everyday to see him and they gave him gift everyday

And I don't care drama shipper but If LMH dates with diffrent girl (and I feel so :lol:) these shippers turn into LMH hater I can hear destroyed world's voices :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

Hi to all of you!! I am new to Soompi and, in fact, I am quite new to all the K-drama world, but this summer I discovered Lee Min Ho works  and I have watched almost all of them (I am just missing DMZ The wild), because I really like his acting (and his looks, I am not trying to fool anyone, lol) and I also like how he treats his fans in interviews, fanmeetings and such events. 

I am really glad that I found this forum where I can be aware of the last news, because although in Spain he has fans it's not like that he is really famous and it's difficult to find information about him, most of the webs publishing information already translated to English and not from Korean sources, so everything is a bit delayed. I hope to spend some time around here from now and on, because I have been reading this thread the last days and you seem to be very amusing people.

Best regards!!

Welcome to Lee Min Ho's world in Soompi forum, @Missprincesa

Hope you'll enjoy it here :) 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I don't care drama shippers but some crazy people say LMH dates different a girl for every Post when he update :lol: so LMH should date at least 3 girls :lol:

I haven't understood for years how normal people wear same thing from bazaar , of course celebrities can wear same things , because all of them are rich :lol: This still seems me so childish for years , If we search at least 10 celebrities wear same things.

Don't let these stuffs made you hurt chingu @leeminhosny 

The purpose of fangirling is to have fun and to make us happy, especially in this hard year of 2020. I know LMH had been shipped with other celebrities before and I am aware too that it was a big mess back then when he announced his real relationship, there were fan wars, nasty and hate comments, etc. But all of those dynamics didn't ruin his career, he remained on top until today, because he is hardworking and talented, he produces masterpiece dramas/movies, also he keeps giving back to society, that's what matter the most. :) 

I feel that certain drama OTPs are shipped heavily because their on-screen and off-screen chemistry were very strong and from shippers' point of view, they have valid reasons to ship, it was the grocery photo for CLOY couple and 2nd of July posts for TKEM couple. 

I my self decided that I won't become a shipper because I've always been a sceptical and logical person, I will only ship LMH with whoever that he clearly announces himself as his lover, not by some cryptic SNS posts or some "hidden codes". So only time will tell and reveal the truth. LOL.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

Welcome to Lee Min Ho's world in Soompi forum, @Missprincesa

Hope you'll enjoy it here :) 

The purpose of fangirling is to have fun and to make us happy, especially in this hard year of 2020. I know LMH had been shipped with other celebrities before and I am aware too that it was a big mess back then when he announced his real relationship, there were fan wars, nasty and hate comments, etc. But all of those dynamics didn't ruin his career, he remained on top until today, because he is hardworking and talented, he produces masterpiece dramas/movies, also he keeps giving back to society, that's what matter the most. :) 

I feel that certain drama OTPs are shipped heavily because their on-screen and off-screen chemistry were very strong and from shippers' point of view, they have valid reasons to ship, it was the grocery photo for CLOY couple and 2nd of July posts for TKEM couple. 

I my self decided that I won't become a shipper because I've always been a sceptical and logical person, I will only ship LMH with whoever that he clearly announces himself as his lover, not by some cryptic SNS posts or some "hidden codes". So only time will tell and reveal the truth. LOL.

I am realist person so all these case seems me so unrealistic and childish we know real life isn't drama world and LMH said himself he isn't romantic person like in his dramas and I know he is simple person, he doesn't calculate so many thing like somebody's birthday , Post etc. before he update , I mean if shippers say true , should he calculate every celebrities' birthday , post etc. ? This is so irrational . LMH updated yesterday somebody said X's birthday somebody said Z's IG update day etc. :lol: LOL  Should he stalk all of celebrities post ? he should say  "yes today nobody updated I can update "etc. :lol:Everyone write different a story about his every Post .

• Like 4

8 Korean artists have nicknames from Indonesian netizens, There is Lee Min Ho

Indonesian netizens do what they do. For example, like giving a special nickname for South Korean drama performers. The nickname was given for several reasons. Some are because of their iconic role in KDrama, some are the result of a misappropriation of their name, or because of certain events.

Who do you think has a special nickname from Indonesian netizens? Instead of being curious, we better look at the 8 lists below!

1. Lee Min Ho - Mas / Bang Limin, Pyeha

fromandroid-b05de7ac5e49a17064cc637eff06

This actor has two special nicknames from Indonesian netizens, 'Bang Limin' and 'Pyeha.' 'Limin' itself comes from the word 'Lee Min' which is the same reading as the word 'Limin.'

While the title 'Pyeha' was given for his iconic role in the drama The King: Eternal Monarch. In the drama he plays the role of a king and is called Pyeha which means 'Your Majesty.' Even though the drama is over, the nickname 'Pyeha' is still firmly attached to him until now...

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/irma-yanti-2/8-artis-korea-ini-punya-julukan-dari-netizen-indonesia-ada-lee-min-ho-c1c2/2

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoannaID said:

So @JoannaID  sorry to cut to your post .. you were saying that presently these rumours about him with A, B or C is not as bad as when he announced his real relationship back then.  I gather from that experience, he and his team would not falter or shake easily by any intentional damage / harm.  Thanks for the assurance.

EkC7HC5XgAYTX0-?format=jpg&name=large

cr as tagged

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

Happy you found this thread @Missprincesa. Happy to have you with us. 

@Min2206 Please watch PT at leisure. I think it was a very smart of LMH to chose that script after the huge hit of GJP. I think GJP was a phenomenon at that time - still is but back then it must have been crazy. It would have been easy for him to keep accepting roles of the same genre. But this move effectively moved him away from GJP and proved that he indeed is a very mature actor, who wanted to excel in his craft and not ride on his fame. And his portrayal of JJH and showcasing of turbulent emotions without over doing it is just simply awesome. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6. Lee Min Ho

photo-1-160198272066890189988.jpg

While working on his first film of his career in Gangnam in 1970, Lee Min Ho injured his arm, arm, leg and lost toenail due to the action scene in the mud. The action scene lasted up to a week, and some of the actors developed skin problems due to excessive exposure to dirt. Earlier in City Hunter, Lee Min Ho's car crashed into a truck parked on the side of the road. The collision was so severe that the airbag broke and the front of the actor's car was completely deformed. Fortunately, Lee Min Ho did not pose a threat to his life and still managed to escape from the car.

https://medienanh.com/10-lan-sao-han-gap-tai-nan-o-phim-truong-lee-min-ho-bay-mong-chan-vi-lao-vao-bun-kim-hae-ae-xem-bi-song-cuon-mat-xac

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

17 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

Best regards!!

Welcome to the LMH thread @Missprincesa!  Please feel free to partake in any conversation, our quizzes, polls etc.  Have you read our thread spotlight?  There's a link at the top of the page that will bring you to the post.  Any announcements will be on the 1st page, toward the bottom in red font.

23 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Haha, this reminds me of door related discussion on Personal Taste. Indeed K-dramas made the doors looked so cheap and unsafe, most of them even left always unlocked.

People were discussing about how Gae In (Son Ye Jin) could easily barge in to the bathroom when Jin Ho (Lee Min Ho) was taking shower and ended up seeing Jin Ho naked from upfront, lol. Don't they know how to lock the door. :D 

And there was this hilarious comment that made me laugh so hard: 

"If I was living with Lee Min Ho, EVERY friggin door in that house would be off the hinges (and chopped up into firewood and burned to dust). After a few days, the boy would also find that all of this clothes were mysteriously missing."

Sorry to cut your post, but that comment regarding the PT bathroom scene is hilarious.  Where did you find it?  Is it on the of streaming Viki comments?

@Min2206--You've watched PT?  I thought that was one drama that you haven't watched.  In that case, we can do favorite scenes from PT.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

24 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

@Min2206--You've watched PT?  I thought that was one drama that you haven't watched.  In that case, we can do favorite scenes from PT.

Yes, I have. @CarolynH - managed to squeeze some time and was on a quick roll.   Please do the fav scene poll.  Looking forward to it.  Thank you :blush:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Our Jeon Jin Ho.   His eyes ...

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

14 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Yes, I have. @CarolynH - managed to squeeze some time and was on a quick roll.   Please do the fav scene poll.  Looking forward to it.  Thank you :blush:

:thumbsup:  --now I can count on you for the PT quiz too!  

I'll look at what I have for favorite scenes.  We have up to 19 choices.  I'm pretty sure that I don't have 19, so y'all can add additional scenes.  I won't reveal what I have so it will be a surprise when the poll is set up.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

Sorry to cut your post, but that comment regarding the PT bathroom scene is hilarious.  Where did you find it?  Is it on the of streaming Viki comments?

It's on the drama recap site that I don't want to mention here because this site had become click bait site to pull traffic. Since the two lead writers left, the site recently had turned into LMH/KES hater and kept bashing TKEM merely for traffic. 

But I do read their old recaps on LMH dramas before TKEM, at that time, the two lead writers were still managing the site, so their recaps had more integrity back then.

There were lots of interesting comments that showed how so many fans were captured by LMH acting and charm, even since his BoF days. He indeed has that IT factor in acting, he wouldn't become the King of Hallyu as he is right now if he's just a pretty face. 

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

Our Jeon Jin Ho.   His eyes ...

@Min2206 - I'm amazed by your talent in creating awesome GIFs from drama scenes! Keep them coming chingu! :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

23 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

@Min2206 - I'm amazed by your talent in creating awesome GIFs from drama scenes! Keep them coming chingu! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the words of encouragement!  Will try to make time to do - sometimes I need a topic or a line to get into doing.  :blush:

:2540_meh:
@Nikaa94   Lazada Group is HUGE !!   Wow!  LMH as the Brand Ambassador !  Congratulations to LMH! 

Is it for SEA?

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3

1 minute ago, Min2206 said:

Thanks for the words of encouragement!  Will try to make time to do - sometimes I need a topic or a line to get into doing.  :blush:

@Nikaa94   Lazada Group is HUGE !!   Wow!  LMH as the Brand Ambassador !  Congratulations to LMH! 

Is it for SEA?

Yes, I think so:getmygrooveon:

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 2