16 hours ago, paradicez said:

Seo Hyun Jin is offered a role in SBS drama, "Romantic Doctor" with Yoo Yeon Seok and Han Suk Kyu

htm_20160805153020119501_99_201608051532

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002581908

Really? This is Chilbong! I love Him!!! Hahahaha. Is this for this year? Whose the writer? SBS? Okey, calm down. Chill. So, it will air after Scarlet Heart.  Scarlet Heart will start September? End by December? So RD will probably air next Year? Hmmm....whose the writer guys?

• Like 1

Seriously !! I just post on my twitter about how happy I am if Han Seok Kyu comeback to dramaland with YYS. Then in just a second i read news about Hyunjin got offered as female lead !! I'm literally smile like crazy now !! 

Here's a brief details about Romantic Doctors : 

HanSeokKyu1.jpg 

Upcoming SBS medical melodrama Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim is in the middle of casting phase, and it’s been reported that veteran actor Han Seok-kyu (Secret Door) has received an offer for the titular role. This drama will take a humanistic perspective on the values driving the modern medical society. It tells the story of a man who became a doctor to outdo a competitor and a woman who became a doctor to win recognition from someone. When they meet Teacher Kim, their lives change and they come to understand the real meaningfulness of their work.

Han Seok-kyu is up for the role of Teacher Kim, whose real name is Boo Yong-ju. He started off as a brilliant rising star in his field, being the first Korean triple board certified surgeon, with a reputation as having the “hand of God.” However, one day he just disappears. He relegates himself to a secluded lifestyle, and now lives as the resident neighborhood old geezer/quack doctor.

I can totally see Han Seok-kyu as the warm-hearted wise mentor, although in his last small screen project Secret Door, he played a very convincing paranoid jealous king. I’m assuming there’s going to be a great background story or traumatic event associated with Teacher Kim’s sudden decision to give up his bright medical career, maybe some sort of moral dilemma that causes him to shy away from his calling. Without a doubt, Han Seok-kyu has the acting talent to display the emotional depth required to play such a complex character. So let’s keep our fingers crossed.

If Han decides to accept this role, it’ll be his first medical drama. It looks like the production team is going very carefully about casting on this project, trying to aim for talent as well as star power. For example, last month, they offered Im Soo-Jung (Time Renegade) a role as the main lead, but unfortunately, she turned it down.

Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim starts airing after upcoming SBS sageuk drama Scarlet Heart: Goryeo finishes its run.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/han-seok-kyu-offered-sbs-drama-romantic-doctor-teacher-kim/#more-113735

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, paradicez said:

Seo Hyun Jin is offered a role in SBS drama, "Romantic Doctor" with Yoo Yeon Seok and Han Suk Kyu

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002581908

Omo omo, be still my heart. And its a professional role she has been talking about. I wonder the same like @aureamirasol who is the writer? If she accepts it, it will be the first time with SBS. After Scarlet Heart? which means it will be somewhere in Nov? Oh wow, I'm excited.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, angel2013 said:

Omo omo, be still my heart. And its a professional role she has been talking about. I wonder the same like @aureamirasol who is the writer? If she accepts it, it will be the first time with SBS. After Scarlet Heart? which means it will be somewhere in Nov? Oh wow, I'm excited.

November? So Scarlet will just run for two months? Yes, writer's name please. I need it. Please.  Wahahaha. :lol:

Thanks to @giselle_tw; writer: Kang Eun-kyung (born July 25, 1971) is a South Korean television screenwriter. She is best known for writing hit drama King of Baking, Kim Takgu (also known as Bread, Love and Dreams), which reached a peak rating of 50.8% in 2010

• Like 10

Ok, the writer name is by Kang Eun Kyung (Baker King TakGu, Whats with this family, Gu Family Book, Hotelier.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_Eun-kyung 

posterphoto77246.jpg 

The PD will be Yoo In-shik ( "History of a Salaryman 'incarnation of money' & 'you're all surrounded' ) 

I gotta say both PD and writer are strong in their respected field. WOW ! 

Currently both Hyunjin and YYS are positively considering the offer. 

051144582.jpg 

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=14703791711144582002

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, giselle_tw said:

Ok, the writer name is by Kang Eun Kyung (Baker King TakGu, Whats with this family, Gu Family Book, Hotelier.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_Eun-kyung 

posterphoto77246.jpg 

The PD will be Yoo In-shik ( "History of a Salaryman 'incarnation of money' & 'you're all surrounded' ) 

Thanks for the info! I just found out too from the chinese website. I enjoyed Whats with this family(she won an award for this drama), Gu family book-didn't finish it. The PD also did Mrs Cop series,  but I actualy didn't watch any of those dramas under his direction!

It's an important comeback drama, I just hope she chooses carefully! But I'll always be glad to see her anytime soon.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, giselle_tw said:

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=14703791711144582002

Woot! Thank you @giselle_tw for the update!

Yes both writer and PD are great and cast (if three accept) solid! :w00t:

Hyun Jin please say yes!

Hope we get more details about the drama.

• Like 1

@aureamirasol Scarlet starts end Aug, runs till Nov1, 20 episodes. If HJ accepts it, she would have to start filming as early as Sept if all the casting are finalised. Although I want her in another drama soon,but another doctor drama was my first reaction! I mean although Doctors would have finished its run and Beautiful mind had to even shorten its run, they have to really make it different to make it successful isn't it?

• Like 7

I was just looking at the ratings of the shows the writer have written. OMG.. The ratings are mostly above 20%.... I just want to know more about the character that SHJ have to play. I hope it's different from OHY so that she can show everyone what she's capable of...

@angel2013 That was my thought too. Another Doctor drama. Even the currently airing dramas.. such as "doctors" and W has their lead actresses as doctors...

• Like 9

16 hours ago, angel2013 said:

@aureamirasol Scarlet starts end Aug, runs till Nov1, 20 episodes. If HJ accepts it, she would have to start filming as early as Sept if all the casting are finalised. Although I want her in another drama soon,but another doctor drama was my first reaction! I mean although Doctors would have finished its run and Beautiful mind had to even shorten its run, they have to really make it different to make it successful isn't it?

True. After Doctors (which is from SBS also); another medical drama.

The story would primarily center on her? his? mentor right? I'll wait for the her character synopsis, first.:blink:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, aureamirasol said:

True. After Doctors (which is from SBS also); another medical drama.

The story would primarily center on her? his? mentor right? I'll wait for the her character synopsis, first.:blink:

LOL. We sound like her manager. Show me her script... we'll decide. This is how much love and care we have for our Queen. We don't want her hard work to just be mediocre but a DAEBAK.

• Like 9

Actually I'm a bit irritate to find another Doctor theme drama *lol. But I can seriously ignore that fact because the cast for this drama are perfection. At first I'm a bit worried with the writer, but now I can sigh in relieves because I watch most of her works and I'm satisfied with it. The PD also good. History Of Salary Man are one of Gem in my favorite drama list ( i also watched IC and YAAS both received decent rating and reviews) 

I adore and admire HSK he's a very respected veteran actor. I bet Hyunjin will learn a lot from him. Yoo Yeon Seok also good actor consider from his filmography. I believe anything that they offered to Hyunjin, she will deliver well. So basically the decision is all up to them. I just wish the best for Hyunjin. 

Meanwhile here's detail description for YYS role in RD 

The name of the role offered to YooYeonSeok is 'Kang Dong Ju'.

CpFHkYKVMAA8kLL.jpg cr. YYS IFC

Here's some details about 3 leads :

Seo Hyun Jin will be : Yoon Seo Jung 

CpFQZLeWIAAQ1ps.jpg 

Cr.  @f_selimli 

• Like 9

so I came home to the news of uri hyunjinnie in a new drama. Just the other day I was wondering what will be her next project and boom this :D I'm just so excited with this bc I also love chilbong and I have also watched the dramas of the writer and the director and I can say this will be a daebak drama. 

So will get to see hyunjinie in white coat? omggg :wub:

giphy.gif

our girl is really hardworking, well can't blame her she said herself she loves working. Strike while the iron is hot ;) 

• Like 6

Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim recruits students Seo Hyun-jin, Yoo Yeon-seok

SeoHyunJin_YooYeonSeok1.jpg 

Are they trying to kill me with cuteness? Because it seems like they’re trying to kill me with cuteness. Seo Hyun-jin (Oh Hae-young Again) and Yoo Yeon-seok (Warm and Cozy) in a drama romance might just do me in, because individually I find them ridiculously adorable, and together, well I’m a goner. The two actors are currently considering offers to co-star in Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim, the upcoming SBS human medical drama, not to be confused with Doctors, the SBS drama about romantic doctors.

The new series comes from seasoned drama PD Yoo In-shik of Giant, History of a Salaryman, You’re All Surrounded, and both seasons of Mrs. Cop; writing is Kang Eun-kyung of Gu Family Book, Baker King Kim Tak-gu, and What’s With This Family. VeteranHan Seok-kyu (Secret Door) is considering the offer to headline in the title role.

He’s up to play a wise mentor, a brilliant star doctor who was once at the top of his field. For reasons unknown he quits everything to go live a secluded life as the neighborhood quack doctor. The drama will take a humanistic approach to modern medicine, and tells the story of younger doctors who meet Teacher Kim and find meaning in their work. It’s a framework that sounds similar to You’re All Surrounded or Mrs. Cop, in that you have a veteran in the role of the teacher, and a younger cast of co-workers who do all the bickering, growing, and romancing.

Seo Hyun-jin has been offered the role of a woman who became a doctor in order to earn recognition from someone, and Yoo Yeon-seok is up to play her counterpart, a man who became a doctor in order to defeat a rival. I’m really excited for Seo Hyun-jin to be getting a lead character in a Big 3 drama, which has to be due to the success of her romance dramaOh Hae-young Again. She’s been wonderful in her previous shows (I especially loved her inLet’s Eat 2), but her recent tvN hit was by far her runaway success, and it’s great to see it translate directly into casting offers.

I’ll be doubly happy if Yoo Yeon-seok signs on, especially since I didn’t think we’d get to see him in dramaland this year after his last potential drama ended up folding. The show does sound similar to Doctors, so I hope it’ll find a way to differentiate itself so that we don’t get romance-doctor fatigue.

Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim is currently in the running for the Monday-Tuesday timeslot following Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo in November.

Via TV Daily

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-recruits-students-seo-hyun-jin-yoo-yeon-seok/ 

• Like 12