Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

@richelle, i agree that familiar wife can showcase her acting chop.  And that is really what she wants.  That is why in one of her interview she enjoyed working in film.  

I think most of her drama in the past are more male oriented.  Even though there are some showcasing her as stronger character but it fizzle off to focus more on the male.

Unfortunately i feel that for all her dramas (exception for the incomplete drama, WOLF) with hjme the worst written.  She is pretty much more of a vase.  It annoys her too i think.  Cos in hjme, she is suppose to be ringleader!  Ringleader by name only... we see nothing about her job except blow bubbles and discussing about their next performance.  :tears:  she mentioned in one of her interview that she is disappointed too.

• Like 3

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

@tok-soompi i bet she is very disappointed. Imagine it took her 3 years after rooftop prince and the drama is just poorly, badly, as in i can use a lot of superlative adjectives to describe it lol. I have watched many kdramas and it is one of the worst that i have watched and to think i watched it live, poor me lol. I only watch airing dramas if it stars han ji min. As a fan who waited for 3 years, i was really very disappointed. How the other fans blame her for the poor ratings is just so bad. They also say there's no chemistry between her and hyun bin but how can they have chemistry if the story is going nowhere. She may acted badly in that drama i admit but it is mostly because of how it is written and the director to blame too. I hope she already marked that writer and director. Never ever to work with them again.

That is why i am happy she bounces back and redeemed herself in this drama. She was really great as seo woo jin and i am sure a lot have appreciated how she has given life to the character. If she accepts another drama very soon it just means she enjoyed working in a drama.

Did you see the last bts for familiar wife. Our ji min cried:bawling: tears of joy i think. I can say this is her best drama to date:wub:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, richelle said:

@tok-soompiHow the other fans blame her for the poor ratings is just so bad. They also say there's no chemistry between her and hyun bin but how can they have chemistry if the story is going nowhere. She may acted badly in that drama i admit but it is mostly because of how it is written and the director to blame too. I hope she already marked that writer and director. Never ever to work with them again.

well i don't know if the directors at fault too, IMO if the idea was written pretty well, just like you said, probably the directors could done it well too. if the idea was too confusing, the director could have a hard time too. Script is the foundation of all filming projects, many people don't really understand this.

fyi, one of the director was the one who direct Jealousy Incarnate, that is why Han Ji Min did a favor to him by doing a cameo, and it was happen to be Jo Jung Suk's drama ^_^, you can see it in the making video where HJM appeared (this is why i don't like how medias twist some facts (or hide it) just to make their articles more interesting to read) :sweatingbullets:, and also this director gonna direct that "Boyfriend" drama, and has Song Hye Kyo as a female lead. well i guess he is in the same position as HJM :lol: because he got a quiet promising resume before HJMe landed to him as well (i saw it in some resources). :sweat_smile:

from what i read in some articles, the writer didn't have many experienced, she was only a co-writer before HJMe, and HJMe was her first project where she has to write the script solo, got the basic idea from the web toon, but decided to change the plot as she wished. yup it was her stepping stone, but she fell to hard. It was bad  and could have her traumatized as well.

• Like 3

@unknown12 thanks for pointing that out but i also have known of the director's previous projects before hjme. If i can remember it right, he also directed 49 days which is okay with me. I think i would agree that the problem mostly lie on the writer. Which when ji min accepted the drama, i already have reservations since she is a newbie. And my hunch came true, it was  disaster lol. Also, that is why i prefer pre produced dramas. Whatever the ratings, the show will not suffer and the actors too. The story is already set in stone. I hope she will only do dramas that are pre produced. I hope she learned her lesson well with hjme. Also, it is good to know ji min has kept a good working relationship with her past directors whatever the result of the drama:D

• Like 3

@Kooslee i agree chinggu. that form of punishment woo jin has done is actually from jong hoo lol. Overall familiar wife is a wholesome drama. Kissing scenes are very limited to the point that i am sure some have wished for it to be a bit intense lol. But i am totally satisfied with it since it is more family oriented and just the scene i posted is more than enough:wub:

miss baek is next. I hope it will do well and may the reviews be good too. Ji min has a successful comeback drama so i hope her 1st movie wherein she is the title role will do well:D

• Like 4

Thank you as always chinggus for posting pics and news about ji min. I miss looking forward to every episode of familiar wife. My wednesdays and thursdays will never be the same again. I hope ji min really accepted the new drama so we don't need to wait too long:wub:

• Like 2

@tok-soompi i love it that kim hye soo is good friends with ji min. She is a good actress. Watching these veteran actors is just a joy to watch. I hope she can attend the premiere of ji min's movie if there's one. Jong woo sung andji min. They are really great in padam padam. That is one melodrama that i loved:wub:

• Like 3