Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

It is only a few minutes of interaction and their chemistry is very evident. I really hope too that they can work in a project together:wub:

Will Miss Baek have a movie premiere chinggus? It is already October 10. Movie will be shown tomorrow. I really hope Ji min can guest in the studio of entertainment weekly if you know what i mean of her promise. I hope many will watch the movie:)

• Like 2

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

Hehe! @richelle, like you... i heavily used my mobile to do auto translation although half the time the translation does not make any sense. :D

I read an article, Ji Min will have great chemistry with the Happy together MC and special MC.  Also i think Park Hyung Sik, Hyeri and Big Bang also make special cheering video. :wub:

Not sure whether the big bang is translated correctly because i do not know Ji Min knows members of Big Bang??  Is there any projects they worked together but i just do not remember??

20181010081210736.jpg

Credit to author

• Like 2

^so excited for happy together tomorrow. It's her first time guesting right? And one of the special MC she worked with in Yisan. I hope we will get to know more about her:wub:

I don't know too if she already worked with bigbang. With Hyeri and park hyung sik just recently so maybe they are ji min's favorite lol.

She is just so pretty even if so many activities for miss baek. May the movie do well. Fighting Miss Baek:wub:

• Like 3

Can't wait for the episode tomorrow. For sure it will be fun:wub: And may Miss Baek opens with many people to watch:D

Watch: Wanna One’s Hwang Min Hyun Makes Han Ji Min Blush With Serenade In “Happy Together 4”

Watch: Wanna One’s Hwang Min Hyun Makes Han Ji Min Blush With Serenade In “Happy Together 4”

Oct 10, 2018
by DY_Kim

“Happy Together 4” has revealed a preview for the premiere!

As reported previously, the first episode features Ji Sang Ryul and Wanna One’s Hwang Min Hyun as special MCs and Han Ji Min as the guest.

The program revealed a short clip on October 10 to give a sneak peek of what’s to come.

In the video, Han Ji Min shares, “People around me said they also want to come when they heard that Min Hyun will be on.” The camera then pans to show several female employees from her agency who showed up to see him.

Hwang Min Hyun then sings a sweet cover of Paul Kim’s “Every Day, Every Moment,” and Han Ji Min is shown listening with a happy smile.

The preview also gives a glimpse of Han Ji Min’s hilarious attempt at “kku kku kka kka” aegyo and romantic video calls.

“Happy Together 4” premieres on October 11.

Check out the preview below!

• Like 2

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/10/wanna-ones-hwang-min-hyun-names-first-guest-of-new-happy-together-4-han-ji-min-as-his-ideal-type

Wanna One's Hwang Min Hyun names first guest of new 'Happy Together 4' Han Ji Min as his ideal type

han-ji-min,hwang-min-hyun

This week on October 11, KBS2's 'Happy Together' will be returning with an all new season - season 4!

On the first episode of 'Happy Together 4', MCs Yoo Jae Suk, Jun Hyun Moo, and Jo Se Ho will be joined by special MCs Ji Sang Ryul and Wanna One's Hwang Min Hyun! The first guest of 'Happy Together 4' will be actress Han Ji Min, and the show's cast and crew visited Busan to meet Han Ji Min at the 'Busan International Film Festival'. 

During this episode, Hwang Min Hyun confessed that actress Han Ji Min is his longtime ideal type! The Wanna One member even serenaded Han Ji Min with his sweet voice. Furthermore, Hwang Min Hyun will be addressing his wardrobe malfunction which led to fans getting a glimpse of his abs at a recent concert.

The new 'Happy Together 4' airs October 11 at 11:10 PM KST!

han-ji-min_hwang-min-hyun_1539224403_278350_211576_4035.jpg

• Like 3

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/10/han-ji-min-talks-about-how-she-wants-to-have-a-family-like-ji-sung

Han Ji Min talks about how she wants to have a family like Ji Sung

han-ji-min,ji-sung

Han Ji Min praised actor Ji Sung.

On October 11, the first episode of KBS2 'Happy Together' season 4 welcomed Han Ji Min as the guest and Hwang Min Hyun and Ji Sang Yul as the special MCs. 

During the show, Jin Sang Yul asked Han Ji Min, "Who's the actor that you had the best chemistry with?" Han Ji Min replied, "I am very lucky when it comes to partners. If I had to choose only one then it's Ji Sung sunbaenim who I recently worked with." 

She explained, "His eye pupils are big like a puppy. He has pretty eyes and he also has a pure heart."

Han Ji Min added, "What I admire the most about Ji Sung sunbaenim is that he tries his best as an actor, and he's also the perfect husband and the perfect dad," and said, "He made me want to have a family like his."

han-ji-min_1539277013_jm.jpg
  • Like 3

^i knew it. She will really pick ji sung since he is a safe choice lol. Most of the actors that she worked with are mostly still single. I agree that ji sung is a perfect father and husband. I hope ji min can meet and marry someone like him:D

• Like 2

It's nice to read movie reviews from a POV of a regular movie watcher. Can't wait to see the film:wub:

Miss Baek (2018)

October 12, 2018admin Leave a comment

“I don’t have anything, so I can’t do much for you. But I’ll stay by your side. I’ll protect you…”

Going into the film, I had no idea what to expect. I’ve seen the promotional poster and the trailer, but couldn’t really grasp what the movie was about, let alone the exact genre of the film. It’s labeled as a “drama,” but upon finishing the film, it’s so much more than that. It has elements of suspense, thriller, and horror on top of just “drama” (and I say horror, but it’s not the conventional “horror” that we see in typical films; I’ll explain further below).

2-2.jpg

<Miss Baek>, directed by Lee Ji-Won, is based on a true story that revolves around the serious social issue of child abuse. The film addresses the matter head-on, not suppressing anything and keeping it very, very real. The main cast members are Han Ji-Min, Kim Sia, and Lee Hee-Joon, and features some great supporting cast as well, such as Kwon So-Hyun, Baek Soo-Jang, and Kim Sun-Young.

I’d say it’s comparable to the other film that goes over some deep societal issues that was released last month, <After My Death>, in the sense that it’s dark-toned, serious, and goes over some crucial concerns. However, it’s not as dark and depressing as <After My Death>; it does have some comedic points, albeit rare, whereas the counterpart had absolutely none. Furthermore, I personally enjoyed this a lot more, as it focuses on one critical problem, whereas <After My Death> felt like it was trying to get across too many points. Nonetheless, we need more of films such as these that have a meaningful purpose/message, and sheds light on urgent issues.

The synopsis is as follows:

After being abandoned by her alcoholic mother, Miss Baek (Han Ji-Min) had to survive on her own as a young girl. When a man tries to come onto her, she attacks in self-defense. She is convicted and serves time, and loses all hope. As an ex-convict, she doesn’t rely on or trust anyone, and works multiple jobs to make ends meet. That is, until she comes across the malnourished Ji-Eun (Kim Sia) in shabby clothing, trying to escape reality. She sees her younger self in Ji-Eun, and decides she must save this young girl.

Trailer

Source: HanCinema

The Good

The acting by Lee Hee-Joon, Kim Sia, and Kwon So-Hyun were highly applaudable. Lee Hee-Joon played the cop and boyfriend of Miss Baek (aka Han Ji-Min), and his portrayal seemed very genuine and real. Furthermore, I believe this was Kim Sia’s (the child actress who played the role of Ji-Eun) debut in a feature film, as I can’t find any other movies she was in. That being said, she was amazing. Definitely a child star to look out for. And finally, Kwon So-Hyun, the female supporting actress who took on the role of the girlfriend of the father of Ji-Eun was spine-chillingly good. She genuinely seemed like a crazy person. Although her role was just a “supporting” one, she definitely had a lot of spotlight.

Moreover, the movie keeps it very real. By this, I mean it doesn’t try to hide or keep things mild. There are some very shocking scenes, and scenes that are extremely creepy. There were moments where I had goosebumps and chills running down my back. Although it wasn’t a thriller/horror movie, it definitely had the suspense and thrill as one; it was scary in a way that’s different from other horror/thriller films. And I say horror because it brings the “horror” element of abuse, both physical and mental.

Also, the movie gets really sad(?), in a good way. I’m not sure if “sad” is the right word, but it’s the closest term to describe what I’m trying to say. The story gets very emotional in the sense that it’s touching, disheartening, dreary, fearing, empathizing, and hopeful. If you see the film, you would understand what I’m saying; you get riled up with various mixed emotions. The guy next to me was sniffling during some of the sadder scenes.

5-1.jpg

The Bad

I mentioned above that it keeps it very real and doesn’t hide anything. That being said, the main topic of the film is a sensitive one. It could be hard to watch for people who’s had to deal with physical abuse, divorced parents, or other serious events in their family. I can see it bringing about some hurtful memories to those that may have had some hard times in the past, myself included. It can go two ways: (1) One can empathize with the film and bring new hope; (2) It can evoke memories of traumatic events and be hurtful/dangerous to the state of mind. One should take some level of caution when deciding to watch the film, but I believe it was a great film that stirs strong emotions.

In addition, the story doesn’t make sense to a certain degree. The fact that Miss Baek was so attached to and empathetic towards the child, who she’s seen around before, all of a suddenseemed quite odd and strange, especially since she even mentions she never wants a kid. In the beginning of the film. she’s portrayed as a woman that despises “family” and just people in general; very closed and unwelcoming. However, I found that to be non-corresponding to how the story unfolds.

4-2.jpg

And finally, I have to say this wasn’t Han Ji-Min’s best appearance. It wasn’t that her acting was bad. It was more so that the image she had as a person and from previous works didn’t really fit the role of the character in <Miss Baek>, in my opinion. Maybe if she plays more of these “badass” roles and we get more accustomed to it, it would feel more authentic.

Eon’s Ratings

Acting: 9/10

Casting: 8/10

Plot: 8.5/10

Visual/Special Effects: N/A

Cinematography: 7.5/10

Overall: 8.3/10

Verdict

I can’t say it’s a must watch, as it may not be enjoyable to everyone. As mentioned in the review, it can get a little emotional for some. However, it is a very well-produced movie with a great social message.

• Like 2

What's good about the review is she said ji min's acting is not bad, it's just that she is just used to her different image and i can tell she can't imagine ji min in the role. But for other people who will watch and does not know ji min, they might have a different opinion. It is a nicely produced film, i hope many people can go out and watch it. The review is good.

I already have watched happy together in full. The episode was fun and have learned more about ji min. Actually i can't believe that she experienced a time where she felt that she is struggling, not sure if due to her career or personal life. When they have recorded those selfies to their loved ones, i can't tell if ji min has a boyfriend or not. I really hope she does:wub:

ji min has cut her hair shorter. I prefer it long but she is still beautiful. I hope she can rest after all those promotional activities. Fighting ji min!!!

• Like 2

https://www.soompi.com/article/1245347wpp/vixxs-n-shows-support-familiar-wife-co-star-han-ji-mins-new-film

dff086b547b9452e982a07b1d2008fda.jpeg?s=

The cast of “Familiar Wife” is so adorably supportive!

VIXX’s N recently shared how he had gone to see actress Han Ji Min’s newest film, “Miss Baek.”

“Miss Baek” is about a woman who keeps to herself due to her violence-and-prejudice-ridden past, until she comes across a young girl who reminds her of herself. She decides to fight for the little girl, even at the expense of her own life.

N expressed, “Anyone who hasn’t watched it yet, be sure to go see it!

It’s a film with quite a heavy message. I still feel emotional. Thank you for the good film.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/CHA_NNNNN/status/1051483825870536704

Ji Sung also shared that he watched the film with a selfie taken with his movie ticket.

The three of them starred in tvN’s “Familiar Wife” together earlier this year.

• Like 3

Translation credit: Netizentown

October 14, 2018

Netizen review "Miss Baek"

10/10 As a mother of two daughters this was a heartbreaking movie to watch, I watched a nice movie

10/10 A movie that does not need words, I heard a lot about it so watched it and I really liked it

10/10 Han Ji Min's best performance of her life

10/10 I really enjoyed it, thank you

10/10 I don't understand why movies like this don't get enough theater screens. The actors are all good, especially Han Ji Min

10/10 Material that is heavy and difficult to deal with. I applaud the performance of Han Ji Min, I was biting my lips throughout and could not get up for a while after the movie ended... I needed a cup of soju after.

9/10 As a fan of Han Ji Min unnie, I watched the movie as soon as it opened. The content is very moving. It's a meaningful movie that brought up social issues and allowed me to think about them. Han Ji Min's acting was also the best

10/10 I see a lot of indifference and lack of awareness in today's society and it made me self reflet. Above all, Han Ji Min and Kwon So Hyun's breathtaking acting power gave me goosebumps added to the actors' strong performances, it was a movie with a message.

10/10 The reality is more cruel and frustrating. If I ever meet a Ji Eun will I be able to become a Miss Baek? I thought about that a lot. Wherever they are, I pray that the countless Ji Eun's and Miss Baek's keep warm.

10/10 Scenario, actors, acting power, it has all. It's was a good movie that made everyone feel warm and in harmony with each other

10/10 We need more movies like this

10/10 Han Ji Min did really well

10/10 Han Ji Min did well, the movie was jjang

10/10 Han Ji Min's performance was impressive as she interpreted child abuse as a motive for solidarity rather than approaching it from the angle of maternal love. I am tired of the noir movies who abuse women and use them as sexual tools, this is a good movie that made me think a lot. There are not enough screenings but I hope it will grow more and more. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@rubie thank you so much for posting. Nice reviews from the netizens. Han ji min's best performance of her life:wub: I am so proud that in her career, she was able to do a movie such as this. Not only that she has given all her best but also the movie is socially relatable. I hope more and more people will be able to watch it. I can't wait to watch it with english subtitles. I also hope more countries will be able to screen this film since child abuse is a big problem everywhere. Just so proud of han ji min. May it do well and win awards not only for her but the production and her co stars as well.

Actually at first I was a bit skeptical about this film. One, the director is a woman where in korea, most directors are male dominated, not sure about her experience. Then the director is also the screenwriter too where this is only her first film so not sure how this movie will be received and reviewed. Reading these reviews is just great. Ji min's judgement of accepting this movie and acting differently from her past projects is the best that she has done in her career. It took a while before it can be screened commercially but atleast it was screened and hoping more people will be able to watch by worth of mouth. May this be an eye opener and may more films like this be produced and shown in the future:)

• Like 2