Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

*** On November 6, based on the results of an online poll on Nate Pann, the final results gave a ranking of the top 20 Korean actors in October 2021. They are the actors who have received a lot of attention and support from public from all over the world. The results in the rankings are based on votes from netizens as well as fans by logging into different social media accounts. After a month of voting, the results are announced: Yoo Seung Ho came in 4th and Lee Joon Gi. :Ohboy3:

The top 20 hottest Korean actors in October were announced: Kim Seon Ho ranked No.1,Lee Min Ho, Lee Joon Gi, and Hyun Bin are all in the Top 10!

6. Lee Joon Gi

a8ca6b454312e95415c90190bf853d4a.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/11/06/the-top-20-hottest-korean-actors-in-october-were-announced-kim-seon-ho-ranked-no-1lee-min-ho-lee-joon-gi-and-hyun-bin-are-all-in-the-top-10/

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• 4 weeks later...

These Were The TOP 10 Best K-Dramas Of 2021, Based On Millions Of Fan Votes

Which K-Drama has been your favorite of the year?

Each month, polling website KingChoice runs different polls on different topics in Korean entertainment, from the most popular K-Pop idols to the best songs or most handsome actors, and everything in between! For November, they ran a month-long poll for fans to vote for their favorite K-Drama of 2021. While some of the top choices did come out this year, others are older classics that are still highly popular today! After over 4.3 million votes, here are the top 10 choices for the best dramas of the year.

4. Flower of Evil

Flower of Evil aired from July 29 until September 23, 2020, and stars Lee Joon GiMoon Chae WonJang Hee Jin, and Seo Hyun Woo. It has been nominated for a dozen different awards and won three of them, with two of the awards going to Lee Joon Gi specifically.

The series follows what seems to be a perfect marriage between a man and his detective wife, but as she investigates a series of unexplained murders, she realizes that her husband might be hiding something from her about his past.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kingchoice.me/the-best-korean-drama-2021/hometown-cha-cha-cha

Koreaboo

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

*** Actress Kim Jae-kyung will be co-starring with Lee Joon-gi in the upcoming SBS series, "Again My Life". The new series is scheduled to air in the first half of next year (2022). In the series, she will be playing the character of Kim Han-mi, who helps Hee-woo (LJK) deliver justice. She debuted as a member of a girl group Rainbow, which are now disbanded. She played the role of a presiding judge recently in the series "The Devil Judge", starring Ji Sung.  :heart2beat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 Korean male stars disguised to be women, making the audience can’t recognize they are real man.

The Korean newspaper OSEN recently released an article about famous actors and singers who received a lot of attention with their outstanding looks when disguised as women. The jaw line is slim, the lips are full, and the skin is smooth and bright. Even women rarely possess such outstanding features. However, there are some male artists who have disguised themselves as girls and are surprisingly beautiful, making many girls jealous.

1. Lee Joon Gi (King and the Clown)

Lee-Joon-Gi.jpg

“Historical Drama Prince” Lee Joon Gi is a famous legend in the entertainment industry on the topic of “man disguised to be woman”. The actor’s image is great when he portrays the clown character in King and the Clown (2005). Long hair, smooth white skin and a more beautiful appearance than women cause the “pretty man syndrome”.

Lee-Joon-Gi-in-King-and-the-Clown.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/12/12/5-korean-male-stars-disguised-to-be-women-making-the-audience-cant-recognize-they-are-real-man/

• Like 1
  • Love 2

*** Recently, Lee Joon Gi updated his Instagram with new photos with a caption -"Back to high school. Student Kim Hee-woo." - (this is his character's name in his upcoming drama, "Again My Life").  Along with the writing, he added a grinning face with sweat emoji next to it. The photos showed Lee Joon Gi posing for the camera with a school uniform on. He doesn't look as 40 years old (Korean age). He looked almost like he was still in high school. He had put the school uniform on for his role in the drama. LJK's face is youthful. What's his secret to his youthful looks, huh? 

:popcornjackson:

201618997_1280.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I hope they don't use too much makeup to make him look young. The lipstick is too bright in those photos. I am looking forward to watching his new drama and I couldn't help myself from reading the beginning of the webtoon to know how it starts.

• Like 2

Korea’s Hit Political Dramas

True Life Political Tales and Fictionalized Election Stories Draw Big Crowds

Elections are serious business in any country, but in Korea, politics have also proven to be good business for the film sector. Stories about political events, many of them true-life accounts of major events in modern Korean history, have consistently to be significant draws at the box office over the years.

These stories cover the breadth of South Korea’s relatively short history and feature characters strutting through the halls of power but also the citizens whose lives are most affected by their era’s political currents. 

Below is a list of the all-time most popular political dramas at the Korean box office, followed by a brief primer on other Korean election dramas ahead of the political contest 2022.

20211217132425d274c1a2-d0ea-4997-b979-89

May 18 - 7.31 million viewers

Before A Taxi Driver, the Gwangju Uprising of May 1980 was the subject of another box office hit, the tearjerker May 18.

From director Kim Jihoon, the film features a range of characters whose lives are impacted by the protests in Gwangju and follows their crisscrossing stories during the tragic events that took place there. Released in the summer of 2007 and featuring actors such as Ahn Sungki, Kim Sangkyung and Lee Joongi, the drama became the second most successful Korean film of the year and was nominated for eight prizes at the Blue Dragon Film Awards.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/features.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601013&seq=541&mode=FEATURES_VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

*** I'm excited to watch this drama. :heart2:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here You Go: All The K-Dramas That We're Excited To Watch In 2022

Some are renewed for a second season!

As early as now, we can already *predict* that 2022 is going to be another good year for K-dramas! The list is not only long but also diverse—there's at least one series from every genre we can think of. Which only means that we'll spend more time watching them than getting a good night's sleep, LOL. Excited to know the Korean titles that will premiere next year?

Here are *all* the 2022 K-dramas with confirmed cast members

Again My Life

Who's in it: Lee Joon Gi, Kim Ji Eun

Release date: April 2022

What we know so far: A prosecutor gets a second chance in serving justice after his plan of bringing down an enemy falls through. Again My Life is adapted from a novel that was also published as a webtoon

lee-joon-gi-1625648537.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/2022-k-dramas-guide-a4575-20211219-lfrm2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

*** SBS has released the first teaser of Lee Jun Ki's new drama "Again My Life". It begins with Lee Joon Gi looking determinedly at the horizon while he says in voice-over, “I had nothing to protect and nothing to lose. Until I lost my life.”  He puts himself through hardcore training as he says, “You only get one chance at a reset in life.”  “Again My Life” premieres sometime this year. I hope we could get the exact date soon, though. Can't wait.. I'm excited to see LJK's comeback on the screen. Based from the teaser, it looks like a good drama and a masterpiece from LJK again. He's an actor who chooses challenging characters.  :sweet:

video source : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Oppa: A Rwandan fan was left gobsmacked at Lee Joon Gi’s acting skills in ‘Flower of Evil’

ljg_main.png?width=752&format=webp&t=pvo

Lee Joon Gi is an actor, singer, dancer, and model. He rose to fame in his first leading role playing a clown in the critically acclaimed film ‘The King and the Clown’ (2005) and gained further recognition in the romantic comedy ‘My Girl’ (2005−06). Since then, he has diversified into other genres such as historical dramas (sageuk) and action thrillers. He is also known for his work in the ‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ as Wang So. The popularity of his work overseas, especially in Asia, have established him as a top Hallyu star.

Today's heartwarming letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Nel from Rwanda to Lee Joon Gi. Read her letter below.

Dear Oppa,

I don't know where to start, I'm filled with many emotions right now! I've always watched and enjoyed your dramas, but I got so hooked when I started watching "Flower of evil" I don't get how someone gets to be born incredibly talented like you are! Whenever I think about all the roles you've played, how versatile you are, I always come to the conclusion that you are the best actor in Korea! Now that I got to write a letter to you, I feel like crying, it's like a dream come true. I truly hope that one day you will get to see this letter and see how much of an impact you've made and how much you're loved!

You're so kind and cheerful and you deserve the best things in this world Oppa. I'm eagerly waiting for your next project, Oppa fighting! Sending you lots of love and hugs!

Love

Nel

From Rwanda

source : Pinkvilla

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I am looking forward to this drama because it has LJG in it but I hope his next drama will not be a revenge theme again. I think most of his dramas have a revenge theme but I must admit that most kdramas do. I hope after Again My Life he will have the next drama lined up before another 2 years, maybe a sageuk . :Please:

• Like 2

*** It takes years for some stars to be recognized by the public even when they work hard, while for some lucky ones, it only takes one project or song. One of them is LJK. He gained incredible fame right after he entered the industry. His debut movie 'King and the Clown' was one of the mega-hit movies. He left a great impression on the public with his role on that movie.   

:popcornjackson:

201625550_1280.jpg

photo source : SBS Star

• Like 2

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

7 K-Dramas You Can Look Forward To In 2022 That Are Not About Romance

2022 is off to an incredible start with artists getting rewarded for their efforts in 2021, ongoing dramas, casting news, and more. If you're looking for a comprehensive collection of K-Dramas without romance (or those that don't have romance as their central focus), that are coming up in 2022, we've got the perfect list for you!

Here are 7 K-Dramas without romance that you can look forward to in 2022!

2. "Again My Life"

again-my-life-2.png

Cast: Lee JoonGi, Kim JiEun, Lee KyungYoung

Summary: A prosecutor gets a second chance at life to take down an evil politician.

Reasons to watch: Lee JoonGi's much-awaited return to the small screen with a revenge drama is everything fans could have asked for and more. As the story is adapted from a webtoon of the same name, it will be interesting to see how the characters will be brought to life.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/7-kdramas-you-can-look-forward-to-in-2022-that-are-not-about-romance/

• Like 1
  • Love 3

*** Moon Chae Won sent Lee Joon Gi a gift to the set of his new drama! He is currently filming “Again My Life”. Yesterday, January 11, he shared photos of a coffee truck that she had sent to the set of the drama with a caption - “It must have been hard to arrange [a delivery date] to the set. Thanks so much for your support, Chae Won! Let’s warm ourselves up with a warm cup of tea and cheer up, everyone!”. The banner at the top reads, “I support actor Lee Joon Gi’s restart in ‘Again My Life’!” The banner next to the coffee truck reads, “Cast and crew, enjoy the [drinks] and do your best filming today too!”  Lee Joon Gi’s drama “Again My Life” premieres sometime this year. I hope we could get the exact date soon.  :Ohboy3:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYk_ubevYDT/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=6ee6c65e-dafd-4abb-8ef6-b990f1ddd267

0001204595_001_20220111164303372.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=213&aid=0001204595

• Like 1
  • Love 3

*** Actor Lee Jae-woo will appear in "Again My Life". He plays Kang Min-seok, the representative lawyer of KMS, a law firm in the drama. In the drama, he will act as a helper for Kim Hee-woo (Lee Joon-gi). "Again My Life" is scheduled to air on SBS in the first half of this year.  So far................ no exact date of release yet.  :Fist1:

• Thanks 2

Top 12 Most Handsome Korean Actors According To Kpopmap Readers (January 2022)

Welcome to the first ranking of the top most handsome Korean actors of 2022!

On Kpopmap, we opened a vote where viewers can vote for the actor they think is the most handsome out of around 70 actors (including acting-dols). The poll is constantly open, if you also want to participate, you easily can here.

In 2022, we opened a whole new way of voting with an up-and-down voting system. We are still working on improving the new voting method. To be able to develop content that is unbiased and fair and that can be recognized by fans, we are listening to the opinions of various fans. Don't hesitate to comment on the voting system.

Also, since the vote was opened quite recently, many actors received similar vote amounts. 

Thank you to those who are participating in the ranking of the best-looking Korean actors according to your personal standard.

This month Kim SeonHo topped the ranking followed by Park HyungSik and Lee JongSuk. 

Here are the top 12 most handsome Korean actors according to Kpopmap readers based on January 25 data. This ranking is compared to 2021 Yearly Results. 

5. Lee JoonGi (NEW)

Lee-joongi-namoo-actors-handsome.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-12-most-handsome-korean-actors-according-to-kpopmap-readers-january-2022/

• Like 2
  • Love 2