Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 4-10, 2022

Link here https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-4-10-2022/

Friday, Apr. 8      
Tomorrow 3 MBC 5.4%
Again My Life 1 SBS 5.8%

Saturday, Apr. 9      
It’s Beautiful Now 3 KBS 22.8%
The King of Tears, Lee Bang-Won 25 KBS 9.5%
Tomorrow 4 MBC 4.1%
Again My Life 2 SBS 6.4%
Our Blues 1 tvN 7.3%
My Liberation Notes 1 JTBC 2.9%
Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) 3 11 TV Chosun 9.0%
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 Reasons To Watch The Webtoon Based K-Drama "Again My Life" Starring Lee JoonGi

again-my-life.png

The month of April 2022 is an amazing time for K-Drama fans who have been waiting eagerly for some of the most highly anticipated K-Dramas airing this month. This includes the screen comeback of Hallyu's top star Lee JoonGi in the fantasy thriller "Again My Life" alongside Kim JiEun and Lee KyungYoung.

"Again My Life" tells the story of a hot-blooded prosecutor Kim HeeWu (played by Lee JoonGi) who is murdered when he goes after a corrupt politician named Jo TaeSeop. In limbo, he meets the Grim Reaper, who gives him a second chance at life under the condition that he will take down Jo TaeSeop this time around. With his memories intact, he is sent back in time to change his fate.

If you haven't started watching "Again My Life" yet, here are 5 reasons why you should!

Spoiler

1. Lee JoonGi Returns As A Lawyer

fullsizephoto1450056.jpg

After making us swoon as Bong SangPil in "Lawless Lawyer", Lee JoonGi is back to serve justice on his own terms as Kim HeeWu in "Again My Life". Kim HeeWu is a bold and fearless prosecutor who will stop at nothing to punish the wicked by law. Needless to say, we definitely needed more of Lawyer Lee JoonGi in our lives.

2. A Formidable Villain

Kim HeeWu is faced with a terrifying breed of evil in "Again My Life" who will send chills down your spine with his devilish atrocities. This character is Jo TaeSeop (played by Lee KyungYoung), a self-proclaimed Kingmaker who holds more power than the President himself. With such a sinister villain, the fight is bound to get even more interesting.

3. Satisfying Revenge Drama

fullsizephoto1447815.jpg

"Again My Life" begins with Kim HeeWu's complete and tragic defeat. However, despite quite literally plunging to his death, he is given a second chance at life to not only avenge his own murder but also his parents' and change the lives of those around him drastically. Our protagonist goes back in time with complete knowledge of the "future" as he experienced in his "past" life, which equips him with everything he needs to bring down Jo TaeSeop.

If that's not a satisfying revenge plot, we don't know what is.

4. Time Travel That Doesn't Mess Up The World

fullsizephoto1453753.jpg

A common trope in time travel dramas is that changing the slightest thing in the past can completely transform the future, and more often than not, it is always disruptive and regrettable. "Again My Life", however, is so far an exception. Granted a second go at life by the angel of death herself, Kim HeeWu has full control over his future and how he wants to modify it. This unproblematic power is truly refreshing for a change.

5. A Wonderful Adaptation

again-my-life-1.png

With the overwhelming popularity of webtoon adaptations, expectations from the same are higher than ever before. Luckily for us, "Again My Life" does a fantastic job of adapting the original material and making it a perfect fit for the screen. Iconic scenes that fans of the webtoon love are translated artfully to live-action, making the drama an unforgettable experience. However, the best part about this adaptation is the pacing. The webtoon's timeline is adjusted and customised to give us the perfect episodic division of the story. We cannot help but be obsessed!

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/5-reasons-to-watch-the-webtoon-based-kdrama-again-my-life-starring-lee-joongi/

• Love 3

IN THE LOOP: ‘Our Blues,’ ‘Again My Life,’ More New K-Dramas To Watch Every Week

Following the success of "A Business Proposal" and "Twenty Five, Twenty One, you can finally watch a wide variety of series this month starring Kim Woo Bin, Lee Joon Gi, Yoon Si Yoon, and more Korean stars on primetime with their newest and exciting K-dramas.

February and March spoiled K-drama viewers with lots of chart-topping series. This April, get to know the new shows to occupy your weekdays and weekends from the biggest companies SBS, tvN, KBS, JTBC, and Netflix.

'Again My Life'

Lee Joon Gi transformed as Kim Hee Woo into an enthusiastic prosecutor who was given a chance to live again and has the goal of make revenge on the man who is the culprit behind his previous death.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbgfEgMBye_/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=391224c8-f8c8-4f03-a02e-2e0e9a40327b

It is based on a webtoon novel of the same name and is adapted through drama headed by director Han Chul Soo and writer Lee Hae Nal.

'Again My Life' Stills
(Photo : SBS Drama) Lee Joon Gi

"Again My Life" premiered last April 8 and will have its regular broadcast every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m. (KST) on SBS.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/124604/20220413/loop-blues-again-life-more-new-k-dramas-watch-week.htm

• Like 2

4 American-European Series That You Might Have Loved As K-Dramas: 'Criminal Minds,' 'The World of Married,' 'Suits'

Adaptation and remakes of stories from other existing works are quite normal in the industry. For example, "Boys Over Flowers," "Princess Hours," and "Good Doctor," have a lot of versions from different parts of the world.

But did you know that some of the K-Dramas that you might have loved are derived from stories based on other cultures? 

Here are four of the top notch dramas that were based on amazing series from the US and Europe!

3. 'Criminal Minds'

"Criminal Minds" starring Lee Joon Gi, Moon Chae Won, Lee Sun Bin and more is one of the most popular crime and mystery series in South Korea.

4 American-European Series That You Might Have Loved As K-Dramas: 'Criminal Minds,' 'The World of Married,' 'Suits'
"Criminal Minds" Poster | Lee Joon Gi

It was adapted from the famous legal crime American drama of the same name in 2017 starring A.J. Cook.

The drama follows the story of a criminal profiler that tracks down criminals to solve and close their cases.

(Photo : tvN Drama Official)
"Criminal Minds" Stills

"Criminal Minds" did not only dominate South Korean television, but also hooked viewers from countries outside the nation like the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia,and more.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/124612/20220413/4-american-european-series-loved-k-dramas-criminal-minds-world.htm

• Like 2

*** I'm happy that Lee Joon-gi is back after a two-year hiatus after his drama series “Flower of Evil” (2020). During the presscon on April 5, he admitted that he had initially turned down the role for "Again My Life" when it was offered to him because he was worried that his acting would become too redundant since [the character] had to show various sides of emotions and action sequences [similar to prior roles] he has done before.  However, the director gave him a second chance to consider the offer, and he thought it was destiny. 

“Again My Life” airs on SBS every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m. The series is also available on local streaming platforms Wavve and Coupang Play.   :Megalol:

credit : joongang.co.kr

• Like 3

*** “Again My Life” released new stills of Lee Joon Gi and Kim Ji Eun! In the previous broadcast, Kim Hee Woo returned to 15 years in the past and became a college student once again.  The newly released stills depict them gradually getting closer.

The next episode of “Again My Life” will air tomorrow April 15 at 10 p.m. KST.   :shaq:

Again-My-Life2.jpg

0004591870_001_20220414084407128.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=109&aid=0004591870

• Like 4

Who Is The Best Dressed Male Lead In The Currently Ongoing April K-Dramas?

best-dressed-kdrama-male-lead.png

This week's "Best Dressed" article is all about our beloved male leads from the currently ongoing K-Dramas which started in April. This includes Lee JoonGi from "Again My Life", Son SukKu and Lee MinKi from "My Liberation Notes", Kim WooBin, Cha SeoungWon, and Lee ByungHun from "Our Blues" and SF9's RoWoon from "Tomorrow".

Kim HeeWu (Lee JoonGi) in "Again My Life"

fullsizephoto1462950.jpg

fullsizephoto1462948.jpg

Spoiler

fullsizephoto1453752.jpg

Kim HeeWu's closet is majorly composed of suits before he is sent back in time. As a law student, HeeWu wears comfy clothes like sweatshirts and hoodies, perfect for the university look.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/who-is-the-best-dressed-male-lead-in-the-currently-ongoing-april-kdramas/

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images in one post! Thanks!
  • Like 2

*** “Again My Life” released new stills of Lee Joon Gi on his path to revenge! As the first step, he approaches Lee Soon Jae in order to learn his insight. These captures are in TONIGHT's (April 15) episode 3 at 10 p.m. KST. Another photos also capture Kim Hee Woo having a secretive meeting with Choi Kang Jin (Kim Jin Woo), the head of a society at law school.  Lee Joon Gi will receive an offer to enter a secret club that only promising students in the law department at Hankuk University can enter. We will watch out to see if he will take the offer.   :Ohboy3:

Again-My-Life-4.jpg

Again-My-Life-32.jpg

Lee-Joon-Gi-4.jpg

• Love 3

Drama Ranking for the 1st Week of April

TOP 10 Popular TV Drama Series

1. SBS Business Proposal (Share of Audience 37.39) (▲1)
  2. tvN Our Blues (Share of Audience 12.01) NEW
  3. SBS Again My Life (Share of Audience 6.84) NEW
  4. JTBC My Liberation Notes (Share of Audience 6.35) NEW
  5. MBC Tomorrow (Share of Audience 5.05) ( – )
  6. JTBC Green Mothers’ Club (Share of Audience 4.96) NEW
  7. KBS Love Twist (Share of Audience 4.24) ( – )
  8. tvN Kill Heel (Share of Audience 3.46) ( – )
  9. KBS The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won (Share of Audience 3.16) ( – )
  10. tvN Military Prosecutor Doberman (Share of Audience 3.07) (▲4)

TOP 10 Popular Casts in TV Drama Series

1. Kim Se Jeong, Business Proposal (▲2)
  2. Ahn Hyo Seop, Business Proposal (▲2)
  3. Lee Joon Gi, Again My Life NEW
  4. Kim Min Kyu, Business Proposal (▲5)
  5. Cha Seung Won, Our Blues NEW
  6. Seol In Ah, Business Proposal (▲1)
  7. Lee Jung Eun, Our Blues NEW
  8. Lee Hye Young, Kill Heel (▲7)
  9. Lee Yo Won, Green Mothers’ Club NEW
  10. Kim Woo Bin, Our Blues NEW

%EB%93%9C%EB%9D%BC%EB%A7%88.png?type=w12

%EB%93%9C%EB%9D%BC%EB%A7%88_%EC%B6%9C%EC

source : https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=33630074&memberNo=48669032

• Thanks 3

*** LJK looks young... in his 40s (based on Korean age). In the drama 'Again My Life" he portrayed his character's past, as a high school student. Surprisingly, Lee Junki looks just perfect in school uniforms. Two days from now, on April 17th, he will officially turn 40 years old internationally. He has once again become a hot topic in social media for his young-looking visual. He looks so young, indeed.

'Again My Life' airs on SBS every Friday and Saturday at 10 P.M KST.  :Fist1:

20220415_080830_072_0.jpg

20220415_081518_217_0.jpg

• Love 3

First Impressions: “Again My Life” Is A Twisty Tale Of Slow Burn Vengeance

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Joon Gi’s back and in fine martial form as a hotheaded prosecutor who lives by the law and his fists. On paper, the character does seem a little too similar to the one he played in “Lawless Lawyer,” but in practice, they end up being reasonably distinct. At a pace so frenetic that it feels like a movie at times, “Again My Life” makes its entrance with a splash. This show doesn’t waste time in getting us back to the past, and it pulls no punches in showing how entrenched corruption is in society. Yet, the heart and soul of this drama remains in the little moments where Lee Joon Gi gets to do what we all undoubtedly dream of at points and returns to his past to reshape his future.

Here’s what we loved about the premiere episodes!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 1-2 below.

Spoiler

1. A level-headed hero

1d40f4d402e1a8a713e33b66752feb2c87801689

We’ve really started to move away from characters that only embody a single trait to much more complex people, and I’m loving it! K-dramas are rife with unorthodox prosecutors and lawyers, especially hot-headed ones, meaning that Kim Hee Woo (Lee Joon Gi) has to work extra hard to stand out as a character. At first, he seems the classic fast-talking prosecutor, but after our backwards time skip, Hee Woo proves to have a surprisingly gentle personality, a mind as sharp as a knife, and a tendency to think before he acts (a rarity amongst many drama characters). Hee Woo is at times vaguely reminiscent of Hwang Si Mok (Cho Seung Woo) in the excellent “Forest of Secrets.” As we relive the events that shaped Hee Woo, his former off-kilter demeanor starts to make sense. So, when he goes back and has a chance to do it all over, his personality softens to the person he could have been before life hit him in the face. He’s so easy to root for!

1194f595a1069a4ec1cc2166e8ef121891c2e212

2. A plot that progresses at breakneck speed

02316ea6aa4c7a6fc60c97c41f18c6555b1218c9

When Hee Woo dies halfway into episode 1, it almost feels too soon. Most dramas take the entirety of their first episode to set up the rest of the story and lead into the characters. However, “Again My Life” rushes right into introducing its main antagonist Jo Tae Sub (Lee Kyung Young) less than 10 minutes into the first episode. It speeds along the rest of the way, such that our cliffhanger for that episode is the first of Hee Woo’s pivot points, one of the many incidents that shaped him in the past and could break him this time around as well. It’s a smart move that’ll definitely aid in attracting an audience right off the bat, yet there is the slight concern that dramas moving this quickly in the beginning could lag in the middle or towards the end. Hopefully, 15 years of Hee Woo’s life provide enough material that this won’t happen!

3. A past that’s doled out on an as-need basis

86aa6ad35e2ae7c2c7eedcfd64487dae9c45f8d7

There are two ways a drama like this could have been done in terms of handling the past. First, it could show us how the original events in Hee Woo’s life played out (not as a flashback but as he was experiencing them) and later show us how he changes things. Or, it could show us the past by revealing each event as it comes up, summarizing how past Hee Woo dealt with it and showing us how future Hee Woo handles it. The first method is definitely the longer one, but the emotional payoff is so much higher because we’ve seen the character go through life the first time and the fall out of that event. This makes us super invested in how they’ll change it. The underrated drama “Priest” uses this to great effect.

bc890f2916567f779342ca416b6de5eddc78a8f7

It’s understandable that “Again My Life” doesn’t have the time to show us everything, so it goes with the second method where we’re given a rough overview of Hee Woo’s life right before he’s thrown back into the past. This method doesn’t provide as much pathos, and if anything, can feel a little abrupt at times as Hee Woo knows more than we do as viewers. We’re trying to catch up to his knowledge of a life that he’s already lived. Still, it makes for zippy pacing.

4. The supernatural side story

33b42e620f564fb9691d82bcb3a3ccdaf3034496

00c24c2777df005c421d183f1aa37767ea31f845

When this drama touted itself as a second-chance-at-revenge story, it seemed to be one of those shows where the supernatural event affecting the main character is explained away as a one-off freak accident of nature like in “Who Are You?” or “I Hear Your Voice” where the powers are never quite explained. But surprisingly enough, “Again My Life” seems to have a sort of mythos around this whole time-traveling. The red-cloaked grim reaper (Cha Joo Young), who aids Hee Woo by turning back the clock, seems to have some sort of grudge against Jo Tae Sub.

Judging by her comment that Hee Woo might meet her if he scopes out Tae Sub, she is clearly part of his circle and is evidently dead – likely at his hand. Given that the end of the second episode shows the advent of the mysterious Doctor K (Hyun Woo Sung), who killed Hee Woo in the future, Hee Woo may have to fight a battle on two fronts with enemies from the past and the future.

5. The ensemble cast

5c076b5888b1ae35d4dfac89cff4b45fdd00dcc1

e6ec27269caae9be2287f18fd0d9d26da6744a9e

Lee Joon Gi is carrying this drama hard, and the first two episodes have been 99 percent him running the gamut of emotion. But a drama like this is nothing without its villains, and it would falter if those villains were in the hands of lesser actors. Kim Jae Kyung continues her long streak of making every character she plays strangely endearing. Kim Han Mi (Kim Jae Kyung) is a former iljin (school bully) doing absolutely nothing with her life until Hee Woo saves her from sexual assault, and she grows interested in walking the straight and narrow. Plus, they have great chemistry.

Jung Sang Hoon (Lee Min Soo) is a confusingly brilliant professional student who has been accepted to medical school, professional art school, and music academies, only to ditch them all after one year. He’s an unknown variable in Hee Woo’s life and always seems to know more than he’s telling. Kim Gyu Ri (Hong Bi Ra) is the perfectionist academic whose life Hee Woo saves, and she seems to be more than his intellectual equal. On the other hand, Choi Kang Jin (Kim Jin Woo) and Kang Il Hyun (Kim Hyung Muk) swagger about, exuding charisma and sleaziness with every snap of their fingers. With cameos from veterans like Lee Soon Jae coming up, this drama’s shaping up to be more than the Lee Joon Gi show, and here’s hoping we see more of all of them.

6671c2ea7897ab9ecb37506f98abca6d553196e9

a128a3653a5e1652f51c4a42800941fce5adc10e

The female lead Kim Hee Ah (Kim Ji Eun) remains an unknown thus far, and she appears to be playing a similar role to the one she played in “The Veil.” It seems like a classic character – feisty, speaks her mind without thinking, and has a bleeding heart for the underprivileged – so the question arises as to how she gets involved in Hee Woo’s revenge. Hee Woo seems strangely taken by her, so perhaps we’ll get a love line there. Yet, the chemistry feels lacking. If anything, Hee Woo has a better repartee with Han Mi and Gyu Ri. That’s the only gripe in an otherwise fast-hitting pair of opening episodes. Hopefully the drama doesn’t lag its pacing and continues to hit hard. Then again, with 15 years of Hee Woo’s life to mine for material, this shouldn’t be an issue!

9cabbeb261f131c26ad0bf106f028230ac790a4c

Check out the drama below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Love 4

*** “Again My Life” is on the rise! On last night's EP, April 15, the drama achieved its highest viewership ratings yet for its third episode. According to Nielsen Korea, “Again My Life” jumped to an average nationwide rating of 8.1 percent last night, taking first place in its time slot across all channels.   :Megalol:  So amazing!  "Again My Life" is so good. It is a very well-made drama. If it's Lee Joon Gi, it must be good! I am looking forward to the next episode!  :7555_attack:

202204160813306310_1_20220416081702621.j

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000563171

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Fantagio confirmed that actor Han Gi-chan, who is represented by the agency, will appear in the currently airing  "Again My Life".  He will play the role of Kim Yeong-il, the son of Head Prosecutor Kim, who is played by Choi Kwang-il. This drama will mark his first appearance in a mainline drama with LJK.   :sweet:

Does that mean they are still filming...?

• Like 1