Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

I am so furious at his "fans" I can't stand it. It's just STUPID to behave like they behave. Who do they think they are to tell him when and with whom he should fall in love?!

I just went to his ig and under his last picture (some time ago) I wrote that I heard the news and that I'm happy for him. There are a lot of really nice comments from his real fans that they love him and keep their fingers crossed for him. That's good there are posts like that.

Oh well I added my little comment and post by post there will be millions of them to show Joon Gi that his real fans are happy with him. And in time the whole situation will quiet down.

Waiting to the script reading and every photo that willl show up. And of course - THE DRAMA! :wub:

• Like 14

7 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Pages, threads, YT comments, twitter rants, IG migraine inducing reads....

Ok...we get it people.  You want to vent, complain, figure out how YOU are feeling/reacting to this "controversy."  I put it in quotes because to me, it really is not one.  

Entitlement....thank you @40somethingahjumma for that term.  It's been a dangerous trend in our culture for the last few decades I believe. Not just with fan appreciation, but in schools, sports, relationships and even out in the public. I do find it amazing that Korean Entertainment "seems" to be beholden to public opinion (KNetz) through the online medium.  It is such a dangerous situation to follow and be complicit to.  It breeds entitlement and overt self importance to me. I understand, we are the consumers and do have some strength in our opinions...but what really is it?

Many of you have expressed your sentiments so eloquently on here.  I am not good with words so thank you for that @willenette @violina and others (for some reason I cannot add some names).  I appreciate the mature, thoughtful reactions.  

If I could feasibly do so...I would attend JG's Encore in a heartbeat! I do hope this event will not taint the overall vibe of his show.  When I had heard of Namoo's first "Let us check" response to the dating rumors....it made me wonder if there was a plan in action to release the dating information ....but it was scrapped due to the Dispatch images.  But again...this is all conjecture. 

@glassnokamen Keep trying for better tickets!! To me...300 ->430 is a drop in the bucket. Who even knows if those 130 dropped the tickets due to this?  It is minor...and that actually makes me pleased. 

@LadyOne and to those who will be attending...please report back about the encore! And please cheer and respond and give JG a ton of support that day! 

Where is this article that states JG will make a statement?

Oh and welcome @jade715

Those cancelled tickets could very well be scalpers who probably don't think there would be a big enough demand after the "scandal" so it is all good for those who couldn't get tickets before. I hope the concert will be a success and for those who are going, have fun and shout louder for all of us who can't be there to support him. :wub:

• Like 11

I just wanted to drop by and say how thankful I am that there are actual smart people in soompi who think about joongi and his feelings and are real fans. I have a fan acc for joongi on Insta and the negativity is beyond anything I have seen over dating news, how stupid. There are so many delusional people there it's unbelievable. Then there are his fans who call him a liar, I just don't understand at all. Bashing him and hye bin is no help at all and even his true fans say we love you but hate your girlfriend, please break up. I just don't get it, hope when I see pics of him today he doesn't look even more skinny because I will actually cry. The hate going around is ridiculous, just cause he is dating someone not rich enough according to his Korean fans or that her image is very bad and she had plastic surgery. They don't even know her or her hardships yet all they do is judge I'm so sick of it. I need his new drama so I can have something to focus on and so the hate can stop. Hope people leave her and him alone soon, never thought this fandom could get so ugly over news that is supposed to bring celebration. I think jeon hye bin really helped joongi through the hard time he was going through after scholar who walks the night as many fans have speculated and if that is the case I love her even more. Wish I could go to his bday FM to support him and clone myself so I can fill the arena :D and make him happy but I have uni it's so sad. Wish him the best and can't wait to see pics of him today :wub:. Forgive me for my rant but I had to let that out.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, minwookie said:

This controversy is blown way out of proportion. Attacking JG and his gf's IG accounts are beyond ridiculous. What the heck, do the fans think they own a celebrity and their personal lives? It's no wonder why many celebrities are so depress on the inside but have to look like they're all smiling and happy on the outsides, it's because of these so-called fans. I hope this passes soon and his CM becomes so huge, they'll regret bashing such a great actor.

I am wondering how many of his so called fans are actually attacking him on IG etc. they could actually be anti-fans taking the opportunity to do maximum harm to him.  Yes, some of his younger, newer fans may be upset and tearful but would they actually be so vindictive? How can there be such a quick turnaround from love to hate? I have been a fan for years and he is an actor who always strives to improve himself, and his character is beyond reproach.  When he is in front of a camera he is an entertainer and gives the audience what they would like to see. His private life should remain private and he doesn't owe us any explanations. I hope Hye Bin will be alright and he can focus on his CM project.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Yes you are right, but there are also 449 seats on the first and second floor available, when there were all nearly sold out just about 1 week ago. It's really sad that some fans who get the VIP tickets gave it back at just 1 week to the FM. 
Fortunately I do not think that JG will notice these "missing pieces" in the midst of all his "angels" devotees who will be there to show him their love and their support..... inluding me of course :heart:

Ooh, where do you see all the 400 seats? It doesnt show it to me when I select the time for the show. How do you do it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joybran said:

I agree with everything you say here. What makes me so sad about all this is the unfairness. It seems like Joon Gi is being punished for his virtues. If he weren't so kind to his fans, there wouldn't be so many with such a delusional feeling of entitlement. As much as I love being a fan, I can see from this that there is a dark side to fandom.

I could regale you with stories of shipping wars in other fandoms but I won't. :wink: But the darkside to fandom, as you so rightly call it, has been given full flight under the cloak of anonymity afforded by the internet. People who otherwise would never say or do things publicly use the internet to vent their frustrations and opinions disproportionately. Look at the way JHB is being framed... like she's some kind of homewrecker when her only fault is that she is woman that LJG fell for. She doesn't fit the narrative for certain segments of fandom who have already constructed their own happily-ever-after for LJG. It isn't just the Knetz, international fans do it too.

I don't doubt LJG will probably make some kind of apology because that's how business is done in SK but it doesn't mean he has committed any grave sin. At the end of the day it's a PR exercise rendering the whole notion of apologizing meaningless. And as many people have said here, his only sin is that he wanted to do everything in his power to make his fans and the fans of ML happy. Also he's rather too good at his job. :wink:

This is why I cautioned on the ML thread not to get carried away by all of LJG and IU's antics at the SBS awards. The fact that they referenced Goryeo in that appearance more than once should have clued us in.

I didn't watch MEC because I generally despise reality tv shows. It's fakery of the worst kind... pretending to be representing reality but really it's just as choreographed and heavily edited as any other tv program.

To me this entire issue isn't about what LJG has or hasn't done but about the way the line separating the actor and his fandom have blurred over the years. I realise it's a very vocal minority that get themselves into knots over such things. Most fans know the difference and they can laugh at themselves going silly over celebrities that they like. 

I care greatly about morals and family values etc but what we're seeing isn't what's happening here. I know people who don't watch tv at all because they think it promotes immorality and often I think they have a point.  But if we choose to watch television with all its good, bad and ugly, then we have entered into an unspoken arrangement with those who bring us the programming that we know they are selling a product.

To turn around then and bite the actor for packaging and then selling the product so well and then has to apologize for it, that's the part that boggles my mind. Also if people really care about the morals of actors why are they watching shows with actors in long-term relationships (some married even) having skinship with people not their spouses? Haven't we already tacitly acknowledged that they're performing and doing a job? It's all comes across rather inconsistent.

All I'm saying is that before we start attacking actors, maybe we should think about our own values and priorities first. If there's no demand, the supply will start to dwindle.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, girlyponytail said:

HI LadyOne now I find the article I refer to, it' his interview  Reff SBS E!News from soompi article November 2012 link: https://www.soompi.com/2012/11/07/interview-with-lee-jun-ki-girlfriend-shouldnt-i-say-that-i-dont-have-one-even-if-i-do/

Dramafever also quote his statement in recent article September 2016

https://www.dramafever.com/news/11-lee-joon-ki-facts-every-fangirl-needs-to-know/

He said: “Girlfriend? Shouldn’t I say that I don’t have one even if I do? I answered like this ever since my debut and think this is the right way to answer. If I want to marry someone I like, dating must be kept a secret til then. I want to receive blessings when I get married. To do that, dating must be kept a secret. I don’t want to date in the public’s eye.”

another statement during his interview at KBS 2TV‘s ‘Entertainment Relay‘ January 2013

He said: I’m opposed dating publicly.

another interview regarding dating and marriage on September 2014

http://mwave.interest.me/en/kpop-news/article/75965/leejoongi-talks-about-dating-and-marraige

he said, “Of course I want to date. I’ve been asking people around me to introduce a good person for me. I’m nearing the age to get married so I should date for awhile before I get married.”

unfortunatelly, recent articles still quote his statements in september 2014 that he's been asking people to introduce a good person for him as his recent statement.

Here is an example of recent article August 2016 which mess up his timeline of statement

http://miner8.com/en/32170

(Not to mention there are many articles in my mother language that describe him as high qualified bachelor of 2016 LOL)... here comes MEC show... Followed by Dispatch... Then BANG!!! Suddenlly public call him a liar.

I think he doesn't need to apalogize to public. At least he doesn't need to apologize to me! People who call him a liar for assuming he's not in relationship and reporters who brand him as a bachelor looking for love are the ones who should apologize to him. 

He has always been honest to the maximum capacity that a celebrity can be. People chose to ignore or treat it as a joke until its staring them in the face and they then called him a liar. WHAT?

• Like 12

I can't believe this nonsense is still a thing. Thank God I stay away from Instagram. Don't have time to deal with BS. LJG himself called it.  He knows how this industry works. The ladies always get it worse. I'm not worried about him career wise, but personally. JHB will probably get the most of it. Netizens will "forgive" him *inserts eyeroll*once his drama start even before then, but her? Some of the stuffs I've seen around the web, people don't give a fig about her. If I didn't know anything about this whole thing , I would have thought that the gf was PMY and she was the other woman. It was all "poor PMY, she got played" and I'm like whaaaaat? Ironically, she could bond with PMY about being on the receiving end of crazies attacks when being in a public relationship.  Then saying JG can do better; she's trash and plastic; not at his level. Based on what? Do they know any of them personally to determine who is better than whom? Is he supposed to only date top actresses? Do you love according to your status? They need to stay in their lanes! Undercover fans they are. Dude should be congratulated, but instead that's what he gets in return. Bunch of ingrates!

Just on a side note, I always get freaked out when he's being mobbed at airports and he still goes toward the fans. Like I know they think that it's not as dangerous as the West but dude! Lol Maybe because I recently watched a 48hours segment on stalkers with the poor Christina Grimmie being gunned down by a stalker she didn't even know she had , but seriously some people on the net and outside make think twice. It's nice to cater to fans, but your safety first.

Anyway, sorry. I'll try to keep my posts happier which will happen soon since he will have a new drama this year and script reading is today Korean time. Yippeeeeee!!! 

• Like 18

@Silvermaine wait Criminal Minds is 7 July not today 7 April or was is just a typo error? and lol I like how the netizen comments are like "great these are the actors we are happy to see and believe:D"That's some major shade and dissing right there.Implying that some actors are unbelievable when they act..But its naver which is mostly positive 99% of the time rather than nate which is mostly negative.I am curious about what they(nate) are going to say.Not that I really give a richard simmons coz I am going to watch the drama anyway.

But I want to see if they will backpedal and say nonsense like we know you were in a "controversy" but you are a good actor so bring on the drama or act like they weren't bashing him two days ago and write all positive comments.Or I am not going to watch the drama he is such a "fake".Or ignorant comments like I will not believe him if there is a romantic storyline, because they will be no sincerity or chemistry and he is no longer shippable since he has a girlfriend.When the drama as I heard has no romance.( though the stupid girl in me wishes there is:rolleyes:...I mean come on its Moon Chae Won and Joon Gi).

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I didn't watch MEC because I generally despise reality tv shows. It's fakery of the worst kind... pretending to be representing reality but really it's just as choreographed and heavily edited as any other tv program.

To me this entire issue isn't about what LJG has or hasn't done but about the way the line separating the actor and his fandom have blurred over the years. I realise it's a very vocal minority that get themselves into knots over such things. Most fans know the difference and they can laugh at themselves going silly over celebrities that they like. 

MEC is the first reality show I have ever watched because, like you, I despise the very concept. I always hoped LJG would resist the pressure to do one, but since he decided to do it, I decided to watch it. (I'm a bit of a completionist.) Even knowing how silly it was to watch that kind of show just because I like him so much, I still got dragged into the emotions of the story. My mind kept thinking about what a good job he and PMY were doing and how it would be good for both of them to show their romantic comedy skills and their chemistry,  but there was a part of me thinking they were so adorable together wouldn't it be nice if they did fall in love. If I could think of that while hoping he was happy with JHB, I can't blame the girls and young women who convinced themselves that the "romance" must be real.

That doesn't excuse those who used the anonymity of the internet to say hateful things without even considering whether their hurt feelings were caused entirely by what they allowed themselves to imagine. It seems to me that even the most immature should have been able to sort out the facts before committing such mean actions. It makes me even sadder to see that there are still people accusing him of "lying" and "duping them" after having a couple of days to think about it. It is discouraging to see so many "fans" who are out of touch with reality.

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, violina said:

@Silvermaine wait.7 July not today 7 April? and lol I like how the netizen comments are like "great these are the actors we are happy to see and believe:D"That's some major shade and dissing right there.Implying that some actors are unbelievable when they act..But its naver which is mostly positive 99% of the time rather than nate which is mostly negative.I am curious about what they(nate) are going to say.Not that I really give a richard simmons coz I am going to watch the drama anyway.

But I want to see if they will backpedal and say nonsense like we know you were in a "controversy" but you are a good actor so bring on the drama or act like they weren't bashing him two days ago and write all positive comments.Or I am not going to watch the drama he is such a "fake".Or ignorant comments like I will not believe him if there is a romantic storyline, because they will be no sincerity or chemistry and he is no longer shippable since he has a girlfriend.When the drama as I heard has no romance.( though the stupid girl in me wishes there is:rolleyes:...I mean come on its Moon Chae Won and Joon Gi).

That was a mistake. Sorry. I edited it now.

• Like 4

Attention Everyone!!! Breaking News;Let me act like knews for once(pun intended).:)So Baeksang Awards is around the corner.According to Google it's on 3 May 2017.Roughly these are the nominations:

Best Drama:

• "W" MBC
  • "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds" KBS
  • "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" SBS
  • "Goblin" tvN
  • "Dear My Friends" tvN

Best Director:

• Song Hyun Wook - "Another Miss Oh"
  • Yoo In Sik - "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim"
  • Lee Eung Bok - "Goblin"
  • Jung Dae Yoon - "W"
  • Hong Jong Chan - "Dear My Friends"

Best Screenplay:

• Kang Eun Kyung - "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim"
  • Kim Eun Sook - "Goblin"
  • No Hee Kyung - "Dear My Friends"
  • Park Hae Young - "Another Miss Oh"
  • Song Jae Jung - "W"

To Excellence Actor:

Top Excellence Actress:

Best New Actor:

Best New Actress:

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/04/07/goblin-and-gong-yoo-lead-the-nominations-for-the-2017-baeksang-arts-awards/#more-80222

I want to understand why I can't see Lee Joon Gi's name in the top excellence actor nominations.And no "R for ratings" justification doesn't count because one of the nominations for top excellent actress is from a drama with single digit drama rating from KBS(on the way to the airport!).Even if he doesn't win isn't it fair to just give a nod that he deserves an acting award?

Or is he finally getting his daesang^_^(I can dream right?)or another popularity award because if we are talking about hallyu in this list then it's only Moonlovers and Goblin that fit.Also if this is true, I am super happy about Kang Han Na.She did well.

• Like 3

What was more grieve than the first major set back LJG encountered in his career? That was a genuine blow on him. What was more serious than losing trust between business partners, losing prospective projects, dropped already contracted projects, paid penalties,etc? After paying hefty fines, he served the military for two years with no real income. What tougher than that?

I am sure he will survive from this so called scandal he is facing right now. He only got a girlfriend seriously. It is beyond ridiculous if you really think about it. :):):)  

I know he is popular certainly with an A-list popularity for sure :):):) but I never really thought in this magnitude. Well, his marketing people, I am sure, can do something to this popularity to good use.

On a positive note, I think for the time being he would lie low from public exposure. I think it's an opportune time for him to focus on his acting career. So, I am looking forward for more Lee Joon Gi's acting projects. I know CF & photoshoots are financially rewarding or FM which is something he is passionate about and an event where he can enjoy with the fans but heck...  acting is more important.

PS I think LJG and JHBs relationship is not a secret amongst their celebrity friends. Check also JHBs guesting on 'Ask Anything aka Knowing Brothers'.

JHB also went out for dinner with LJG sister. Then a photo of them was posted by one of their friends on her IG. It was now taken down if you're curious. I don't know who was it but someone posted the link here on soompi. I didn't know I managed to get a screenshot of it until I saw it while browsing my phone photos.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 14