Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

I was curious about binaheart as it was mentioned so I went and had quick browse in few of her posts.

She is a soompi contributor and a fan of Song Joong Ki, Ji Soo and Park Hyun Shik and who knows who else. She is proven a non LJG fan as she mentioned.

You know maybe some people are having conversations with themselves. It's a crazy theory but possible. But whatever, they can say anything in their own turf if that's make them happy. :) I can totally avoid those pages. :) 

• Like 6

For the record, MEC is a show that shows the blossoming of friendships. Last season they had same gender pairing too.

If I got it right JG went on to MEC to correct some misconceptions about his personality. In episode 4, he feels sad that he was always being perceived as a cold and nonchalant person. He mentioned that he wanted to find someone who can relate to about his struggles as a public figure in the Korean entertainment industry. He wishes to find a candy (can also mean a friend) that can understand his suffering. That someone happened to be PMY, she is an actress who happened to work with JG 10 years ago and that fits the script of that movie theme of JG’s episode. She is no stranger to controversies and misconceptions herself. She is someone who has a similar personality like JG who is cheerful and easy-going. Maybe they even share similar ways of dealing with pain and hurt.  In episode 5, PMY mentions that she may look happy on the outside, but she is hurting inside, most likely same as JG too. JG being JG end up comforting her in that episode.

In this show he has even nicknamed himself “red ginseng”, it symbolizes to give other energy. He even kind of made it seem like a competition, in finding out each other identities. How romantic can this be?

Why keep his relationship a secret? Just look at how things are spinning out of control right now and how badly he and the one he wanted to protect is suffering now. It is a high price to pay to fall in love. If he was an average Joe nobody will care, just because he happen to be a public figure…

Liar? From his earlier days, he already made it very clear that he will not tell public the truth of his relationship matters. He mentioned this before, he said that "Shouldn't I said no even if I have one? I'll say that since my debut because I think that is the right answer". Lift this from @girlyponytail. However, he did mention it again that he will not admit it even if he in in a relationship, in "Seo Tai ji return special". From these interviews, we (those who choose to be his fans) should have prepared ourselves for this to happen as one of the many options. 

This saga only shows me one thing. JG is just too nice to his fans. He rarely accepts reality show, but he did this time. Why one may ask? He tries to give us the best fan service by providing the closest possible he could to a rom com. This is to satisfy those that has cried out to him for years for a rom com. But due to the untimely released of his personal life photo by dispatch, this fan service gesture had backfired on him.

Now, I can only pray for K netz to be a little more understanding and be kind to him, same for his other half…

#WeSupportYouJG

Edited by LadyOne
  • Like 15

Pages, threads, YT comments, twitter rants, IG migraine inducing reads....

Ok...we get it people.  You want to vent, complain, figure out how YOU are feeling/reacting to this "controversy."  I put it in quotes because to me, it really is not one.  

Entitlement....thank you @40somethingahjumma for that term.  It's been a dangerous trend in our culture for the last few decades I believe. Not just with fan appreciation, but in schools, sports, relationships and even out in the public. I do find it amazing that Korean Entertainment "seems" to be beholden to public opinion (KNetz) through the online medium.  It is such a dangerous situation to follow and be complicit to.  It breeds entitlement and overt self importance to me. I understand, we are the consumers and do have some strength in our opinions...but what really is it?

Many of you have expressed your sentiments so eloquently on here.  I am not good with words so thank you for that @willenette @violina and others (for some reason I cannot add some names).  I appreciate the mature, thoughtful reactions.  

If I could feasibly do so...I would attend JG's Encore in a heartbeat! I do hope this event will not taint the overall vibe of his show.  When I had heard of Namoo's first "Let us check" response to the dating rumors....it made me wonder if there was a plan in action to release the dating information ....but it was scrapped due to the Dispatch images.  But again...this is all conjecture. 

@glassnokamen Keep trying for better tickets!! To me...300 ->430 is a drop in the bucket. Who even knows if those 130 dropped the tickets due to this?  It is minor...and that actually makes me pleased. 

@LadyOne and to those who will be attending...please report back about the encore! And please cheer and respond and give JG a ton of support that day! 

Where is this article that states JG will make a statement?

Oh and welcome @jade715

tumblr_ol0v75yYin1qi92llo4_250_zpsn5xwvi

Edited by pixelsticks
added smiling JG 'cause we need it in here
  • Like 12

18 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

@glassnokamen Keep trying for better tickets!! To me...300 ->430 is a drop in the bucket. Who even knows if those 130 dropped the tickets due to this?  It is minor...and that actually makes me pleased. 

@LadyOne and to those who will be attending...please report back about the encore! And please cheer and respond and give JG a ton of support that day! 

Where is this article that states JG will make a statement?

I'll do my best supporting our JG in the encore... as far as I'll understand what he say/ask!!! :D:D:D

This is an article in wich is said that he will make a statement...  but I think there is notihing official about this at this moment.

http://www.hancinema.net/why-are-fans-so-mad-about-lee-joon-gi-s-relationship-with-jeon-hye-bin--104765.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 7

I feel so sad for him. :bawling:  Nobody should be penalized for chasing for their own happiness. It's an ordinary human rights. Was that too much to ask for? Why r people scolding him? Why r they subjecting him to all these? He had done so much for his fans, yet his fans are hurting him now. By actions n words which are sharper than knives.

Some commented he had over pampered his fans. Yes, if not, how else would they think he owes them?He owes nobody nothing.

i have a mixed feeling about the script reading tomorrow. I really hope to see some photos of him to assure myself that he is alright, yet I think i won't be able to take it if I sees him looking even thinner or tired than the last time we saw him. :(

He has a pure heart. Beautiful in and.out.

• Like 13

Hi everyone,

If i may ask, has he ever been in this kind of situation before? not about dating but when he got pushed,judged,critized to the point that he has to apologized?? 

I just want to make sure regarding present "issue"..., if he faced this situation before....and managed to be where he is rite now, then i can be at peacr knowing he will overcome this one too..,

I am actually one of his new fans, but I love him as much as you guys do.., i want to have this assurance that he will be ok..

• Like 13

57 minutes ago, Lynn11 said:

i have a mixed feeling about the script reading tomorrow. I really hope to see some photos of him to assure myself that he is alright, yet I think i won't be able to take it if I sees him looking even thinner or tired than the last time we saw him. 

Tell me about it.Its going to break my heart to see him looking haggard and worn out from all the stress.:(People can throw all sorts of daggers at him through their words.He can handle that.But how stressful it must be to see your lady love being subjected to all sorts of insults about her body, her character etc.The type of words even the emotionally strongest woman/ice queen would break from psychologically.She has even got death wishes on her insta account(how extreme) she did not ask for this.This is exactly why he protected her from the public and wanted to shield their relationship.

I am hoping and praying hard that tomorrow at the script read for criminal minds.He can try even just for the duration of the script reading to put aside the thoughts of this mess and hold his head high and smile like the winner that he is.

1. He is finally in a modern drama after so long.

2. He is surrounded by the best cast ever assembled.

3. He will be acting out one of his favourite genres.crime thriller! one that he executes so excellently as we all know e.g TBDW and Two weeks.

4. TVN considers him worthy to star in such a big budget and highly esteemed adaptation of one of the most famous American crime series.

5.Even after all this mess.TVN still released the casting confirmation a day after dating news and after cancelling the candy show and not pull him out and cast another actor instead.They could have easily done it, Namoo only said he was considering the project.No filming yet so no issue of staff being jeopardised.Script hasn't even started yet before "controversy".

I doubt payments had been made to him except maybe booking fees or some fee that they can claim back.Maybe some investors would have been disappointed because they invested on the belief that JG was gonna be one of the cast and contracts had been signed but still they are other actors who could have been cast and confirmation shifted to another day.But still they chose him because he is the best choice for the drama and said "controversy" is not serious enough to affect their business.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, bbljg05 said:

i may ask, has he ever been in this kind of situation before? not about dating but when he got pushed,judged,critized to the point that he has to apologized?? 

I don't know of he apologised or not(someone can help me clarifying with this one) but yes he has been in this situation before.Not dating but when he had just shot to fame from the King and the Clown and My Girl so around 2005-2006.Journalists branded him with "celebrity disease" and trust me in Korea that's even worse than dating news.It has led to career suicide for many whether the accusations are true or not.

He talked about it in Healing camp 2013 if you are interested.search username "LyraYoo" on Facebook.She has the eng sub for his healing camp appearance.It even led him to depression for a while because according to him, he felt like his close friends could not understand the price he had to pay for his fame and many abandoned him.They also teased him about this in golden fisheries in 2009.They said at the time he was branded as "the Number one most hated celebrity among journalists". Check username "Lee Joon Gi Angels" on Facebook for eng subs for golden fisheries.

My guess is he manage to regain his image with the journalists because I think his talent outweighed the bad tag he was given,Also his pure heart and sincerity, clearly outweighed the negativity that was thrown at him.He was just going through a phase as he was adjusting to his newly found megafame.He acknowledges this and regrets it.But his image was wiped so clean that many people don't even know or bring it up anywhere.We know netizens don't forget negativity.He survived.

Thats why even this, once the initial shock settles..it will fizzle out with time.its not like others who have committed crimes like rape, murder, violence.Or even moral issue like adultery, or betraying the country by not being patriotic.This is a controversy about morals, it will die down once much more serious news comes up.

• Like 19

This controversy is blown way out of proportion. Attacking JG and his gf's IG accounts are beyond ridiculous. What the heck, do the fans think they own a celebrity and their personal lives? It's no wonder why many celebrities are so depress on the inside but have to look like they're all smiling and happy on the outsides, it's because of these so-called fans. I hope this passes soon and his CM becomes so huge, they'll regret bashing such a great actor.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, violina said:

I don't know of he apologised or not(someone can help me clarifying with this one) but yes he has been in this situation before.Not dating but when he had just shot to fame from the King and the Clown and My Girl so around 2005-2006.Journalists branded him with "celebrity disease" and trust me in Korea that's even worse than dating news.It has led to career suicide for many whether the accusations are true or not.

He talked about it in Healing camp 2013 if you are interested.search username "LyraYoo" on Facebook.She has the eng sub for his healing camp appearance.It even led him to depression for a while because according to him, he felt like his close friends could not understand the price he had to pay for his fame and many abandoned him.They also teased him about this in golden fisheries in 2009.They said at the time he was branded as "the Number one most hated celebrity among journalists". Check username "Lee Joon Gi Angels" on Facebook for eng subs for golden fisheries.

My guess is he manage to regain his image with the journalists because I think his talent outweighed the bad tag he was given,Also his pure heart and sincerity, clearly outweighed the negativity that was thrown at him.He was just going through a phase as he was adjusting to his newly found megafame.He acknowledges this and regrets it.But his image was wiped so clean that many people don't even know or bring it up anywhere.We know netizens don't forget negativity.He survived.

Thats why even this, once the initial shock settles..it will fizzle out with time.its not like others who have committed crimes like rape, murder, violence.Or even moral issue like adultery, or betraying the country by not being patriotic.This is a controversy about morals, it will die down once much more serious news comes up.

thanks violina, i didnt know he went through a lot, he seems like a tough one:wub:

i can set my mind at peace now..

im so glad i joined this forum..

• Like 9

I have rewatched a few videos from MEC on youtube...to see if it makes me uncomfortable.

And all I see here is 2 people saying nice, friendly, and hopeful thoughts to each other.  Even rewatching the meet up scene?

It's sweet.  The most egregious or suggestive things seem to be the added script edits on the screen and the music choices. I mean...even at the beginning of this clip...the producer even tells PMY how to walk, etc.  And man, JG could have been all touchy touchy because he IS comfortable with that...but he WAS NOT!  He gave her space.  

I know I cannot convince the masses or change the moral opinions, I come from a more liberal culture who doesn't treat issues of male/female relationships in such a black & white manner.  I try to understand others who do. And I'd like to ask them to do the same...understand. 

• Like 17

Sorry for the previous post! I logged with another fb account instead with the right one I use for Soompi ugh!

here is the real post by the real Soompier Me xD...lol

I just took a look at interpark website and to be honest, after all the bad comments and also hearing that some fans gave up their tickets, Im actually happy to see that so few tickets are available. Only 14 tickets on the vip zone and 7 in the R zone. 

This is good data and speaks volumes. Most bad comments dont come from the already commited fans who were going to his FM. I would like to think that it comes from random loosers who have nothing better to do (probably antis who are crazy fans of another actor), they have never been his fans, and never will be.

So the bright note is that that tickets are almost sold out, and Oppa will see an arena filled with true fans :)

http://ticket.interpark.com/Global/Play/Goods/GoodsInfo.asp?GoodsCode=17003267&search=Lee joon gi

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Christabelita said:

I just took a look at interpark website and to be honest, after all the bad comments and also hearing that some fans gave up their tickets, Im actually happy to see that so few tickets are available. Only 14 tickets on the vip zone and 7 in the R zone. 

Yes you are right, but there are also 449 seats on the first and second floor available, when there were all nearly sold out just about 1 week ago. It's really sad that some fans who get the VIP tickets gave it back at just 1 week to the FM. 
Fortunately I do not think that JG will notice these "missing pieces" in the midst of all his "angels" devotees who will be there to show him their love and their support..... inluding me of course :heart:

• Like 11

Yes, but do you know if those are all returns from this issue...or more released seats (as some venues release more seats, like restricted view seats, etc) as the show gets nearer.  I still think 400 or so out of 4,300 Seats is not bad. And let's hope some more fans will hear there are tickets available now...so they will buy them!

And I loved this pic

• Like 13

8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@pixelsticks I don't know what it was you were specifically referring to but I was appalled at some of the comments on YT. YT comments are notoriously bad I know but it has been a disturbing read with regards to LJG and JHB. It's been a feeding frenzy.

After recent events one can really understand why LJG is normally so tight-lipped about girlfriends and protective of his privacy. I think the confected outrage has made the case that actors should maintain a healthy distance from their fans lest they (fans) mistake appreciation for entitlement as is the case here.

The problem isn't with LJG or the timing of the announcement of his relationship with Jeon Hye Bin or his "overfriendliness" with his co-stars. They are all adults who make a good living pretending. Sometimes that's forgotten. 

A line has been crossed and it isn't LJG. It's bad enough that reality tv has done some damage blurring the lines between fiction and reality but for fans to get sucked into that vortex willingly and then rage about how actors should conduct their private lives boggles my mind.

I don't think LJG needs to apologize or should he. The SK entertainment industry and its relationship with viewers is riddled with inconsistencies and hypocrisies. Actors are the soft targets here.

I agree with everything you say here. What makes me so sad about all this is the unfairness. It seems like Joon Gi is being punished for his virtues. If he weren't so kind to his fans, there wouldn't be so many with such a delusional feeling of entitlement. As much as I love being a fan, I can see from this that there is a dark side to fandom.

If he had ignored his fans' begging for him to do reality shows and romance, he probably would not have done MEC. He has said in interviews that he didn't think he would be entertaining in a reality show. I believe he found a show in MEC where he thought he could give his fans exactly what they said they wanted. And he did, which is why it was so popular.

If he weren't such a good actor in portraying what his fans wanted him to be, they would not have fooled themselves into believing that he was starting a real romance with PMY. I had sort of assumed (and hoped) for the last year or so that he was in a good relationship with Jeon Hye Bin, but I enjoyed the fantasy of him having a romance with PMY by ignoring what I suspected about JHB and by "fangirling" over every tiny hint that it could be a romance rather than friendship. It is just like a drama where you temporarily convince yourself the story is real rather than actors pretending so you can get "the feels." You are so right about reality tv blurring the lines between fiction and reality. In reality, if he was "overfriendly" with anyone, it was with his fans.

If he weren't a decent man who wanted a real marriage and family, he would not have been so protective of his relationship with JHB. It isn't his fault that his protectiveness backfired when his more delusional "fans" decided that he had a duty to maintain their fantasies rather than live his own life. It is sadly ironic that the main thing Joon Gi and Min Young shared in MEC is the pain that comes with being a celebrity of being misunderstood and criticized unfairly.

Joon Gi did nothing wrong, and I agree that he should not apologize. I would love to see him ignore the criticism and proudly start dating publicly. I would love to see him post a picture with JHB on Instagram. Even better would be PMY posting a picture with him and JHB and captioning it with something like "It is fun to reconnect with past coworkers." However, what I think will happen is that they will all lie low, and his public statement at his Seoul FM will be some kind of sincere apology. Such a shame that fandom can be so unfair.

• Like 24

7 minutes ago, joybran said:

Joon Gi did nothing wrong, and I agree that he should not apologize. I would love to see him ignore the criticism and proudly start dating publicly. I would love to see him post a picture with JHB on Instagram. Even better would be PMY posting a picture with him and JHB and captioning it with something like "It is fun to reconnect with past coworkers." However, what I think will happen is that they will all lie low, and his public statement at his Seoul FM will be some kind of sincere apology. Such a shame that fandom can be so unfair.

FIRST PART.....wish it could be...will be...SECOND PART - probably right...I'll guess we have to wait and see. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Yes, but do you know if those are all returns from this issue...or more released seats (as some venues release more seats, like restricted view seats, etc) as the show gets nearer.  I still think 400 or so out of 4,300 Seats is not bad. And let's hope some more fans will hear there are tickets available now...so they will buy them!

You are right too... I was just notice that 4 days ago there were only few seats available and now there are a lot more.... but as you said maybe they are only more released seats :):):)

14 minutes ago, joybran said:

Agree with you and I'm hoping too that he will not face apology at the FM, since he has nothing to apologize for. But, this is my thought as italian... I think that Korean Culture is quite different from mine, so maybe it's "necessary" (please pass me the term) to him to face public apology.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Actually I was thinking of selling my tickets........................... just to buy some seats closer as they are available!!!

:glasses: :glasses:

Go for it, the closer the better! I wish I could be in Seoul earlier and pick up those tickets :bawling:  Enjoy the concert ! I hope to persuade my husband and son to go with me to the Namoo agency to deliver my birthday gift to JG the following week, that may be the closest I can get to him, his agency lol :tongue:

• Like 10