VR-Passport-1.jpg

Spoiler

Memories of the Alhambra

VR-Passport-1.jpg

Excited Jennifer Aniston GIF

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2

On 5/4/2024 at 7:22 PM, willenette said:

Sigh..... that you did not like the drama. Although, true - only 1-kiss and mostly hugs. Only thing missing was a nice passionate kiss. Did it rob you like this? Or maybe some were disappointed how to waste away such chemistry? I guess we need to blame the writer? 

I did not watch the drama because of terminal illness plot. I know that they cured a terminal illness in the end but from what I read, it is not a drama that I like to watch. I will pass. I read some comments so I am glad I did because I was able to find the clue. :)

I think the romantic scenes lack in majority of kdamas, even so called romantic ones. Or it is too childish or underwhelming. I am still wait to see a satisfying romantic kdrama but I kind of lost faith. 😃

9 hours ago, agenth said:

Clue #10

• Put on a pair of glasses and delve into the world of a different reality. Play the game, survive, thrive - you forget about the danger in the illustrious exteriors of a foreign palace. 

I knew there will be this city on the event. 😄 

Spoiler

VR-Passport-1.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@rocat @LeftCoastOppa @YongZura⁷ @larus @rocher22 Well done! :yay:

Has anyone except for @rocat been to the city in today's clue? I can warmly recommend visiting it - it has such an interesting history and architecture. Despite the drama being kinda bad, don't let that deter you from visiting it.

Spoiler

Andalusia (or Andalucia as they call it in Spain) is such an interesting part of the country and the food is good. Sevilla, Córdoba and Granada are all cities worth while to visit. Córdoba is probably my favorite of the three. At this moment, the city has a Flower Festival ongoing where the locals compete who can make their "patios" (Spanish for courtyards) look the most beautiful. :love:

16341_Fill_800_800.png

I can also recommend going to Andalusia during Easter (Semana Santa) as the processions in these three cities and Malaga are a bucket list type of thing to do.

Procession-of-the-Virgin-of-la-Paloma-in

Book ahead....

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, larus said:

I did watch the drama because of terminal illness plot. I know that they cured a terminal illness in the end but from what I read, it is not a drama that I like to watch. I will pass. I read some comments so I am glad I did because I was able to find the clue. :)

I think the romantic scenes lack in majority of kdamas, even so called romantic ones. Or it is too childish or underwhelming. I am still wait to see a satisfying romantic kdrama but I kind of lost faith. 😃

@larus  Ohhh.,,... you like that kind of plot in a drama? Like someone dying or has only some time left, huh? And you cry watching them? The best drama I've seen about dealing with a terminal illness is Scent of a Woman with Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dong Wook. Have you watched it? She makes a bucket list and changes her whole attitude about how she lives. 

Korean culture, as any other, faces the battle between open affection vs conservative affection. The difference is that including sexier levels of kissing changes the audience age level and restricts the younger generation from watching it. That's why, each country has its own rating systems. Most of the Korean dramas lack proper kissing, there are some, which had some good lip-locks. But, it's different from What's Wrong With Secretary Kim".   :heart3:

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

5 hours ago, larus said:

Nah, I do agree with you here. It's too childish and not at all like real life. It's not even about the kissing. It's like kdramas time warped in 2010 and became more conservative after that. Watching older dramas and they are more spicy than the romance dramas nowadays.

Honestly, BBC period dramas are more romantic in my opinion. :joy: @Lmangla probably agrees with me. LOL

Nowadays all kdramas are like this:

724f56d7e773da9de315603ed1900524ed2ff0c2

and this:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526e12ce00ff5c47958a

and this:

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

ALWAYS a male-female-male triangle. It's not even realistic :unamused: Sometimes it should be a female-male-female love triangle.

And I think this is one of the reasons why kdramas lost their mojo. And their audience.

PS. As @agenth's co-pilot, I have been given the task of flying the plane tomorrow. Let's hope fueling and boarding can start on time.

I Hope Please GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, rocat said:

Clue #10

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Yup, disliked the ending too.

@rocat  You're not alone, I find the ending horrible and so strange. I think because the writer is more of a sitcom writer, not a drama. So, more into books..... This would make sense. Although, there’s far more to this show than we ever expected. Did you notice how slow the last episode felt? I mean, this is the finale. Why are we seeing so many shots of architecture, flashback reels, and scenes of Hee-ju crying? What I wanted is for Jin-woo and Se-ju to finally meet. What I wanted is for Jin-woo to warmly reunite with Hee-ju, and their friends. But that’s not what I got, or at least, not what is shown.  :headbang:

8 hours ago, agenth said:

The journey around kdrama world is almost ending...

Thanks everyone for joining us in this trip, it's fun because of you and your insights!

Clue #10

• Put on a pair of glasses and delve into the world of a different reality. Play the game, survive, thrive - you forget about the danger in the illustrious exteriors of a foreign palace. 

@agenth 

Spoiler

Drama - Memories of Alhambra

Filming location - Spain

• Love 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Ohhh.,,... you like that kind of plot in a drama? Like someone dying or has only some time left, huh? And you cry watching them? The best drama I've seen about dealing with a terminal illness is Scent of a Woman with Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dong Wook. Have you watched it? She makes a bucket list and changes her whole attitude about how she lives. 

It was a typo. I do NOT like this kind of dramas. 😄

I did not watch Scent of a Woman. The synopsis looks good, I like the cast but... the terminal illness trop is depressing. 

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Sometimes it should be a female-male-female love triangle.

God, no! I don`t want to see that either. I will bet that 90% of the love triangles with female male female ends like that. 

giphy.gif

It's not even about the kissing. It's like kdramas time warped in 2010 and became more conservative after that. Watching older dramas and they are more spicy than the romance dramas nowadays.

Yes, it is not all about the kisses. It is romance dramas but without romance. 😄

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

24 minutes ago, partyon said:

ALWAYS a male-female-male triangle. It's not even realistic :unamused: Sometimes it should be a female-male-female love triangle.

And I think this is one of the reasons why kdramas lost their mojo. And their audience.

@partyon  I guess because majority of the audience is female so it's understandable that girls want to see pretty guys wooing one girl. There are many dramas with two female leads. So, it trends most of the time. The drama where there's a female-male-female love triangle was "The Producers" ,"Iris"  and  Melting Me Softly".   :heart4:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

9 minutes ago, willenette said:

I guess because majority of the audience is female so it's understandable that girls want to see pretty guys wooing one girl.

I'm a girl and I find it boring that multiple pretty guys are wooing girls in 99.99% of all kdramas. Every single drama is the same. And it's not even realistic that a girl is gonna have 3 guys running after her.

Kdramas have lost a lot of their audience. Just look at this forum. Kdrama producers should take a long hard look at why. All dramas are too similar and too repetitive.

Not surprised that many kdrama fans turned to BL dramas instead. At least there is some variety.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

13 minutes ago, larus said:

God, no! I don`t want to see that either. I will bet that 90% of the love triangles with female male female ends like that. 

Not necessarily. The few kdramas that had female male female triangles didn't go to that extreme. Unless we're talking about The World of the Married.

42a1ef99beef1352022c54cc11bf26e28bad568b

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

I'm a girl and I find it boring that multiple pretty guys are wooing girls in 99.99% of all kdramas. Every single drama is the same. And it's not even realistic that a girl is gonna have 3 guys running after her.

Kdramas have lost a lot of their audience. Just look at this forum. Kdrama producers should take a long hard look at why. All dramas are too similar and too repetitive.

Not surprised that many kdrama fans turned to BL dramas instead. At least there is some variety.

Not necessarily. The few kdramas that had female male female triangles didn't go to that extreme. Unless we're talking about The World of the Married.

@partyon This one I agree with you - In Korean dramas, there are several repetitive plots and many other recurring themes. I guess because these contribute to the dramas' popularity and appeal. Like the Rich Man/Poor Women - You literally find them in most of the dramas. Somehow, it's literally annoying.  :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

42 minutes ago, willenette said:

There are many dramas with two female leads.

33 minutes ago, partyon said:

Every single drama is the same. And it's not even realistic that a girl is gonna have 3 guys running after her.

Yes, there are many dramas with two female after a man. In my opinion it is not important who is in those love triangles. They don`t write good stories with them. That`s the problem. 

23 minutes ago, willenette said:

This one I agree with you - In Korean dramas, there are several repetitive plots and many other recurring themes. I guess because these contribute to the dramas' popularity and appeal.

Nowadays all kdramas are like this

In the long run the repetitive plots will have a problem.  It is true that the same cliches are present in almost every kdramas but I don`t think it is a recent problem. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

8 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes, there are many dramas with two female after a man. In my opinion it is not important who is in those love triangles. They don`t write good stories with them. That`s the problem. 

Did you watch Mad For Each Other? That's the only decent romcom I've watched in the last 5 years.

It's totally different from the typical kdramas.

Has anyone watched Crazy Love? Heard it's super unpredictable plot wise and it's supposed to be funny. Was thinking if I should check it out.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Did you watch Mad For Each Other?

Yes, I did. I also liked it.  I did not watch Crazy Love. I usualy watch Kim Jae Wook`s dramas but I don„t remember why I skipped this. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes, I did. I also liked it.  I did not watch Crazy Love. I usualy watch Kim Jae Wook`s dramas but I don„t remember why I skipped this. 

Wanna watch it with me? Am thinking of starting it after I read some good reviews online.

xRZp3_3f.jpg

Bonus is of course Kim Jae Wook oppa :wub:

Man, we should have Ms. Koko @kokodus join us, but she's been offline a long time already. @Dhakra where's your sister?

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

Wanna watch it with me? Am thinking of starting it after I read some good reviews online.

Beside some ongoing kdramas, I want to watch some old dramas that I have not watch before.  I finished a drama recently and I want to start another one. Ok, I am on board . 

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

27 minutes ago, larus said:

Ok, I am on board . 

Cool! :coolshades: Anyone else want to join Crazy Love (re)watch with us?

Ep 1 tomorrow? Or tonight already?

EDIT: @larus got @agenth onboard too. I commented on the drama thread.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

40 minutes ago, partyon said:

Ep 1 tomorrow? Or tonight already?

I will start tomorrow. I still have two days of vacation so maybe I will watch two episodes tomorrow. 

• Blob 1

On 5/4/2024 at 11:37 PM, willenette said:

@YongZura⁷  I hope you can visit this country in the future. Just in case, you need to visit Hokkaido. Snow can be found across Hokkaido. 

Before the pandemic, Japan and S. Korea were on my countries to visit list every year.  I did go to Sapporo with my sister and took the opportunity to visit the ski jump area. The snow was so thick and it looked white everywhere.  We also went up the tower in every city in Japan that we visited However, Kyoto is still my favourite with its beautiful panaromic view. The life there is also in contrast with Tokyo.  I remember buying the first collection of BTS's album in Tokyo.😆 Oooh another interesting activity is to ride the special train and visit the cats as Station Master.

@agenth I hope you will be able to visit other places in Japan too next time.  There are so many places to go and activities to do and the most important thing for me is I feel safe travelling there alone.  It is also fine to use English to communicate plus limited usage of Japanese.

Sorry for the late response.  Till the finale, today. 

• Awesome 1

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Man, we should have Ms. Koko @kokodus join us, but she's been offline a long time already. @Dhakra where's your sister?

Dhakra  GIF

Aish~ don't get me started noona, I have no clue where my sister is. She doesn't even answer me on our weekly promise anymore and disappeared some time ago. She complained she can't get a hold of me and now she is nowhere to be found. 
I would love to know where my sister is. How can she treat her own brother like that? 

Dhakra  GIF 

I need another Kim Seul-Gi Drama. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Before the pandemic, Japan and S. Korea were on my countries to visit list every year.  I did go to Sapporo with my sister and took the opportunity to visit the ski jump area. The snow was so thick and it looked white everywhere.  We also went up the tower in every city in Japan that we visited However, Kyoto is still my favourite with its beautiful panaromic view. The life there is also in contrast with Tokyo.  I remember buying the first collection of BTS's album in Tokyo.😆 Oooh another interesting activity is to ride the special train and visit the cats as Station Master.

Sorry for the late response.  Till the finale, today. 

@YongZura⁷  Yes, Kyoto is a wonderful city to visit. I remember it was during 2009 when I visited the place. I enjoyed my days there. I stayed at the hotel , which is in walking distance to many restaurants. It was a short visit so, I barely saw all that I wanted. The public transportation is easy to navigate, it was the beautifully maintained temples and gardens that truly amazed me. English is not often spoken but, I often pointed to a place on a map and people were quick to set me (at least) in the right direction. It is definitely worth a second look in the future. Yes, Kyoto are polar opposites with Tokyo. Modern structures and infrastructure dominate Tokyo while  Kyoto dwells on the ancient civilization characterized by historical sites such as temples, museums, and shrines. So we just decide whether you want your first glimpse of Japan to be cutting-edge modernity or high-brow tradition, and your choice is made.   :kitty:

• Blob 1