Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

4 Korean Actors Who Ran Into Heartbreaking Situations

Netizens left malicious comments towards a child actress.

o3TYP14bnbs9TR1cwdqzbvJPYtg3F5rkdLmScuv5

Korean celebrities are constantly having to deal with heartbreaking situations, whether it’s due to things like malicious netizens, sasaeng fans, fake rumors, etc. Here’s a list of 4 Korean actors who ran into heartbreaking situations this year.

2. Lee Dong Wook

7WUfQy9FrnoWmeTfUTcSw34my0_8MzH0xNSwTscu5Gv20juVsERh499IDMzvpScZhcwRJcXcJQ9XfiMIQTaN6F4kdZI461juZrJB0GV9c6dRB48=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

The Shincheonji church received a lot of backlash due to their role in spreading COVID-19 in South Korea. During that time, there were some rumors about celebrities associated with the Shincheonji church, and one of these rumored celebrities was Lee Dong Wook.

5kuwIWXy6pFk2zX8sU3U9aeD5OYmxB-HEPkKx_TQNmLLKJZ-fsAKmy25i7k5LqGu_LhXYklyGSMlVKoNSELMl_KMoNlC9pog4fYzXDA404e9Q5yv=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Once these rumors began spreading, Lee Dong Wook’s agency, King Kong by Starship, released a statement and stated that the rumors were false. 

Hello, this is King Kong by Starship.

Recently we have been able to confirm that false rumors about our artist (Lee Dong Wook) are being spread, about him being involved in a special religious sect.

In relation to this, we plan on taking strict legal action against the source of these baseless rumors, malicious slander, and comments that are defaming our artist’s character. We will also be taking legal action against anyone who shows the behavior of spreading or reproducing these rumors that deface our artist’s character and good image.

We will continue to actively monitor the situation so no further damage will happen. We will do our best to protect our artists by pursuing strict legal action without any settlements.

Thank you for loving and supporting our artists.

— King Kong by Starship

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9RA5NchuVG/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=aa0cd003-7ee5-44ed-bf46-7fb547510fd8

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/4-korean-actors-ran-heartbreaking-situations/

I just have too much love for Wookie so I had to try to stuff all my feelings into this video. :) He works so hard on his projects and for his fans, and he puts all his effort into everything he does!! Always giving 150%. Plus, he takes the time to be kind to those around him! I just find him so incredibly inspiring. I hope people will watch & enjoy this video!!!! 

:doggie:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

K-dramas that will release additional seasons soon: Cast changes + What to expect?

Alongside new K-dramas that will grace the small screen, many series are also releasing second or even third seasons. 

Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 2

Aired in 2020, “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed” is a fantasy K-drama which features Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, Kim Bum, and more. The series follows the story of a nine-tailed fox, who spent thousands of years seeking for his love.

At the end of season 1, the male lead Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) had a “happy ending” with the female lead Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah). The 2nd season, however, is a prequel that tells the tale of Yi Yeon before the events of season 1.

So far, Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum will return in the 2nd season, and the female lead will be played by “Penthouse” star Kim So Yeon. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kbizoom

On 10/16/2022 at 11:47 PM, DarlaRochelle said:

I just have too much love for Wookie so I had to try to stuff all my feelings into this video. :) He works so hard on his projects and for his fans, and he puts all his effort into everything he does!! Always giving 150%. Plus, he takes the time to be kind to those around him! I just find him so incredibly inspiring. I hope people will watch & enjoy this video!!!! 

:doggie:

Thanks for your hard work! Will watch it :fullofhearts: 

Have you seen him hosting his variety show Because I Want to Talk? I didn't watch all the episodes (yet) but the one with the boxer is nice. She's a fan of him from her youth days. Now that I think of it, his guests were interesting in their specialized professions. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 1:09 AM, Jiyuu said:

Have you seen him hosting his variety show Because I Want to Talk? I didn't watch all the episodes (yet) but the one with the boxer is nice. She's a fan of him from her youth days. Now that I think of it, his guests were interesting in their specialized professions. 

@Jiyuu  this show aired some years ago and was later replaced by K-Trot in Town. It's just so sad that the weekly program wrapped up its three-month journey with a low viewership rating. IDK what went wrong. I love his thorough approach and seriousness in interviewing his guests. So, you like the EP with a pro boxer.   :ohboy2:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas That Make Work Look Fun

One of the best things about K-Dramas is the fact that they often tell the extraordinary stories of ordinary people. So, things that are commonplace in the real world take on colossal meaning in fiction. If you've been suffering from burnout or are trying to decide on a career, here are 10 K-Dramas that make normal jobs look extremely enjoyable!

photo1571916.jpg

"Touch Your Heart"

Just like medical K-Dramas, courtroom dramas are also quite common in South Korea. In fact, they are also some of the most well-made dramas the industry has to offer. Among them, my pick is "Touch Your Heart", which is a light-hearted romantic-comedy that brings out the fun of the legal profession rather than highlighting the tough parts. On the other hand, it also shines the spotlight on actors, dismissing unfair prejudices about their job.

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

source : Hancinema

On 10/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, Jiyuu said:

I watched the first 2 episodes, the ones where he's interviewing Gong Yoo & loved those! I will have to check out the boxer one!

I put together this video because I was overcome by how many clips are out there of LDW being good to people - being polite, taking care of others, etc. He literally inspires me so much. I just wanted to make this and draw attention to his kindness. Hope someone enjoys it!

• Love 1

*** It was LDW's special day November 6. I forgot to visit his thread & wish him a happy birthday.  :heart2:

Free Birthday Vectors - 4vector.com

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Best of Lee Dong Wook: Goblin, Touch Your Heart and Tale of the Nine Tailed

Lee Dong Wook has had a long career, spanning genres.

Lee Dong Wook: courtesy of News1

South Korean actor Lee Dong Wook has established himself as a fabulous performer much before the hype of his recent dramas hit the screens. However, today on his 41st birthday, we take a look at the very reasons behind the present-day infatuation K-drama fans have developed for him.

Goblin or Guardian: The Lonely and Great God

The fad for Lee Dong Wook’s fantasy roles greatly began with him acting as the grim reaper in the Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun starrer. In the character of Wang Yeo, he shares a house with Kim Shin (Gong Yoo). He is funny and often doubts people’s intentions, while holding the job of taking people from their death bed to their afterlife. His dark past haunts him but he has no memory of it whatsoever, leading to a total blank about his actions as a human. His interest in a chicken restaurant owner turns into love as he slowly grows feelings for the unique and beautiful lady, Sunny (Yoo In Na). Wang Yeo begins to uncover the skeletons in his closet and regains the memories of his past life when he committed a big sin leading to his punishment of becoming a grim reaper instead of calming passing onto the afterlife like everyone else. He is linked to Kim Shin and discovers his strange but meaningful connection to the goblin. The character of Wang Yeo, the grim reaper received resounding praise from fans who went gaga over his charming acting and a humorous role. His bromance with Kim Shin and actor Gong Yoo offscreen has resulted in quite a fandom. Meanwhile, his chemistry with the character of Sunny was so loved that he was cast alongside Yoo In Na in a romance show next.

Touch Your Heart
Resuming their sizzling and heartwarming love story with a new script, Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na took up roles in a K-drama named Touch Your Heart. Lee Dong Wook played the role of Kwon Jung Rok, a steadfast lawyer known in the field for his work. He is a workaholic and dedicates all his required time to his job. He is deeply invested in the status and public opinion of the firm where he works. Though not very expressive, he seeks perfection related to his cases and aims to win them all, earning himself a high success rate. He ends up with a new secretary, Oh Jin Shim, played by Yoo In Na. Going by her stage name Oh Yeon Seo otherwise, she is a popular actress who lands in trouble after a scandal breaks out regarding her involvement in a drug case. She receives an offer to star in a known writer’s upcoming drama however she has to take up method acting at the lawyer’s office in order to work on her role. Their complex relationship ends in a sweet and salty love story as they tackle different careers, expectations, hurdles and more. The two leads’ chemistry was once again loved by the viewers for their natural blend and they became one of their favourites.

Tale of the Nine Tailed
The epitome of Lee Dong Wook’s fantasy characters came through with his role as Lee Yeon, the over 1000 years old nine-tailed fox aka gumiho. After living on earth in order to rid it of ill-intentioned beings, he learns how to keep himself unsuspicious. That is until a woman named Nam Ji Ah spots him working discreetly on capturing a fox who has harmed humans. They have history together from her childhood that brings them closer. It is further revealed that she is the reincarnation of his first love, a lookalike and one that has similar actions as her (Ah Reum). While fighting with his half-brother, Lee Rang (Kim Bum) and trying to stay off of romantic feelings for Nam Ji Ah, his enemy returns and a battle of the century ensues. Once again, Lee Dong Wook’s bromance, this time with Kim Bum was immensely liked by fans of the show. Tale of the Nine Tailed has been renewed for a new season, a prequel to the story, set in 1938 with both of them reprising their roles.

source : Pinkvilla

*** LDW greeted fans on his debut anniversary and birthday. On November 6th, he  posted a long post on IG with a caption - "Yesterday, today. I sincerely thank you for your debut anniversary and birthday wishes. I reflect on my passion once again. I am so happy that it is a job that is shown so much love. But this year, I felt bad to feel the happiness completely. It was a week where many emotions intersect. I sincerely wish you good health and peace. Be happy. I always believe that happiness is in the closest place".   He celebrated his birthday on November 6th following his debut anniversary on November 5th.  :heart1:

• Like 1

*** Lee Dongwook shared what he'd do on Christmas this year. Recently, he revealed his Christmas plans this year through 'UNIVERSE'. Upon a fan's question of whether or not he will spend this year's Christmas with Jo Seho like years before, he answered, "Christmas with Jo Seho? Oh... No... This Christmas, fortunately, I will have filming. Christmas, year-end, and new-year, I will be filming~ Yay!!"   It's been well-known that he often spends Christmas with his best friend Jo Seho. During his appearance on 'Yoo Quiz on the Block' some years ago, he personally confirmed that he had actually spent Christmas for the past years with Jo Seho. He explained, "We don't do anything special. We just eat dinner and have a drink. We then

go to our houses at around 2 in the morning."    :rubchin:

20221115_034548_536_0.jpg

The reason this handsome actor will be spending Christmas without a girlfriend for the 6th consecutive year

Actor Lee Dong Wook told fans about his Christmas plan. 

There is still a sweet celebration of Christmas in December before this year ends. People who have already set their Christmas dates may be listening to the carols and looking forward to December 25th. However, this special holiday may sound boring to those who don’t have a partner to share the warm at the end of the year.

Lee Dong-wook

There is also a handsome Korean star who has not had any lover to celebrate Christmas with for six consecutive years.

Actor Lee Dong Wook recently went on a ‘private message’ app and communicated with his fans.

He said, “With Jo Se Ho on Christmas? Luckily, I’ll be busy with my filming schedule this Christmas”, adding “I’ll be filming Christmas, the end of the year, and the beginning of the next year. Oh my”, announcing his special Christmas plan.

lee dong wook christmas plan

Fans seem to have asked Lee Dong Wook if he would spend Christmas with comedian Jo Se Ho this year. 

In fact, Lee Dong Wook and Jo Se Ho are known as best friends and the two have spent Christmas together for the past 5-6 years because both have no lovers.

Lee Dong Wook also mentioned this when he made a guest appearance on tvN’s “You Quiz on the Block” last year.

lee dong wook you quiz on the block

At that time, Lee Dong Wook was asked, “I heard that you spent Christmas with Jo Se Ho and broadcaster Nam Chang Hee, is that true?”

He said, “To be honest, it’s been about 5 or 6 years since I spent Christmas like that.” The unexpected friendship of this trio surprised everyone.

Lee Dong Wook said, “We don’t do anything. We just meet, have dinner, have drinks together, that’s it.

Around one or two in the morning, each of us goes home and sleeps.”

Spoiler
lee dong wook you quiz on the block

MC Yoo Jae Suk then said, “The reason Lee Dong Wook goes with Jo Se Ho and Nam Chang Hee is to stand out on his own,” referring to Lee Dong Wook’s handsome looks and making everyone around him burst into laughter.

Previously, in 2014, Lee Dong Wook and Jo Se Ho appeared together in SBS’s entertainment program “Roommate”. It seems that the two have been friends for a long time even after the show ended.

lee dong wook

Although Lee Dong Wook isn’t spending Christmas with Jo Se Ho this year, fans are speculating that Lee Dong Wook may not have had a girlfriend for 6-7 years, given that he is filming on Christmas.

With exotic visuals, soft voice, and top-notch physique, Lee Dong Wook has long captured the hearts of female fans with his charm that does not change over the years.

source https://kbizoom.com/actor-will-be-spending-christmas-without-a-girlfriend/

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On November 15, 2022 Data)

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On November 15, 2022 Data)

1. "Under the Queen's Umbrella"

2. "Prison Playbook"

3. "Hospital Playlist"

4. "Behind Every Star"

5. "I'm Solo"

6. "Fishermen and the City"

7. "SPY x FAMILY"

8. "Missing: The Other Side"

9. "Narco-Saints"

10. "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God"

source https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-popular-netflix-programs-currently-in-korea-based-on-november-15-2022-data/

*** Jo Bo Ah will be making a surprise cameo appearance in Tale of the Nine Tailed Season 2. She has completed filming for her brief appearance in upcoming drama, according to the reports of News1.  Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum will be returning for the second season, and Kim So Yeon will be joining them as a new female lead. She led the first season as Nam Ji Ah, a TV producer whose fate changes as she encounters gumiho Lee Yeon (played by Lee Dong Wook). "Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938" will air inext year 2023.  :luvarrow:

source https://v.daum.net/v/20221115112338966?x_trkm=t

***  Let's discover some of the most beautiful places that appeared in LDW's dramas : "Goblin" & "Tale Of The Nine Tailed"

Bukchon Hanok Village in Seoul

The Bukchon Hanok Village is made up of hundreds of traditional houses, which are known as "Hanok." The name of the neighborhood, which literally means "Northern Village," is due to its location, which is situated north of two important landmarks in Seoul, Jongno and Cheonggyecheon Stream. Today, many of these houses are used as cultural centers, restaurants, and guesthouses. 

Top 12 Prettiest Historical K-Dramas Spot That Makes You Want To Visit Korea ASAP

Top 12 Prettiest Historical K-Dramas Spot That Makes You Want To Visit Korea ASAP

Dae Jang Geum Park in Gyeonggi-do

One of the most popular historical dramas in Korea is "Dae Jang Geum Park," which is located in Yongin. The park's facilities are based on historical records and feature various semi-permanent structures that represent the lifestyle and architectural style of the past. 

Korean Folk Village in Gyeonggi-do

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

New movie for Dong Wook :).

Adding to already an awesome cast, LeeDongwook reportedly also been confirmed to star in the upcoming movie Harbin

@bearcreek  thanks for sharing this. The casting for the film has been completed and filming will begin from Sunday, according to distributor CJ ENM and production studio Hive Media Corp TODAY, Thursday. I'm glad that Lee Dong Wook will star in the film, too,  although it has not been revealed which role he had been cast in.  :piggie:

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Dong Wook Joins Hyun Bin And Jeon Yeo Been’s Historical Movie + Filming To Begin This Week

Lee Dong Wook is set to join Hyun Bin and Jeon Yeo Been in an upcoming spy action film!

On November 17, a representative from Lee Dong Wook’s agency revealed, “It’s true that Lee Dong Wook is appearing in the movie ‘Harbin’ [literal title]. It’s difficult to give details with regards to his character.”

“Harbin” is a spy action film taking place during the early 1900s in Harbin, the capital of China’s northernmost province Heilongjiang. Focusing on real-life independence activist Ahn Jung Geun, the film tells the story of various Korean independence activists who put their lives on the line in order to take back their homeland.

Starring alongside Lee Dong Wook are Hyun Bin, Jeon Yeo Been, Park Jung Min, Jo Woo Jin, Yoo Jae Myung, Park Hoon, and more, with a special appearance by Jung Woo Sung.

Hyun Bin will star as Ahn Jung Geun, a Lieutenant General of the Korean Army. Park Jung Min will play independence fighter Woo Deok Soon, who prioritizes his country over his own name. Jo Woo Jin’s character Kim Sang Hyun will work alongside Ahn Jung Geun to rediscover their lost nation.

Jeon Yeo Been plays Madame Gong, a fellow member of the Independence Army, while Yoo Jae Myung will portray Ahn Jung Geun’s assistant Choi Jae Hyung. Park Hoon will star as Mori Datsuo of the Japanese Empire.

On November 14, the “Harbin” team visited the Ahn Jung Geun Memorial Museum where director Woo Min Ho commented, “My method and mindset [for this film], as well as the story I want to tell, are all different from my previous works, so I’m nervous and excited. I wish for the safety of all our staff and safe filming.” Hyun Bin added, “After deciding to appear in this project, I came to the Ahn Jung Geun Memorial Museum by myself once and at the time, there was a deep heaviness and nervousness in my heart. I will do my best along with our incredible actors and staff.”

Park Jung Min shared, “There’s a lot of pressure when acting in a project that deals with heroes in Korean history. I will work hard so that I am not shameful.” Jo Woo Jin chimed in, “I think that it’ll be fine as long as I do well. I will work to complete filming well and safely.” Jeon Yeo Been commented, “I cannot fathom risking your life for and dedicating your lifetime to your country. I will work hard to understand what kind of feeling that deep desire is.”

Lee Dong Wook is currently filming for the upcoming second season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed.” “Harbin” will officially start filming on November 20 and Lee Dong Wook will join the set as soon as his drama filming concludes.

Lee Dong Wook Joins Hyun Bin And Jeon Yeo Been’s Historical Movie + Filming To Begin This Week | Soompi

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Lee Dong Wook Joins Hyun Bin And Jeon Yeo Been’s Historical Movie + Filming To Begin This Week

Lee Dong Wook is set to join Hyun Bin and Jeon Yeo Been in an upcoming spy action film!

On November 17, a representative from Lee Dong Wook’s agency revealed, “It’s true that Lee Dong Wook is appearing in the movie ‘Harbin’ [literal title]. It’s difficult to give details with regards to his character.”

“Harbin” is a spy action film taking place during the early 1900s in Harbin, the capital of China’s northernmost province Heilongjiang. Focusing on real-life independence activist Ahn Jung Geun, the film tells the story of various Korean independence activists who put their lives on the line in order to take back their homeland.

Starring alongside Lee Dong Wook are Hyun Bin, Jeon Yeo Been, Park Jung Min, Jo Woo Jin, Yoo Jae Myung, Park Hoon, and more, with a special appearance by Jung Woo Sung.

Hyun Bin will star as Ahn Jung Geun, a Lieutenant General of the Korean Army. Park Jung Min will play independence fighter Woo Deok Soon, who prioritizes his country over his own name. Jo Woo Jin’s character Kim Sang Hyun will work alongside Ahn Jung Geun to rediscover their lost nation.

Jeon Yeo Been plays Madame Gong, a fellow member of the Independence Army, while Yoo Jae Myung will portray Ahn Jung Geun’s assistant Choi Jae Hyung. Park Hoon will star as Mori Datsuo of the Japanese Empire.

On November 14, the “Harbin” team visited the Ahn Jung Geun Memorial Museum where director Woo Min Ho commented, “My method and mindset [for this film], as well as the story I want to tell, are all different from my previous works, so I’m nervous and excited. I wish for the safety of all our staff and safe filming.” Hyun Bin added, “After deciding to appear in this project, I came to the Ahn Jung Geun Memorial Museum by myself once and at the time, there was a deep heaviness and nervousness in my heart. I will do my best along with our incredible actors and staff.”

Park Jung Min shared, “There’s a lot of pressure when acting in a project that deals with heroes in Korean history. I will work hard so that I am not shameful.” Jo Woo Jin chimed in, “I think that it’ll be fine as long as I do well. I will work to complete filming well and safely.” Jeon Yeo Been commented, “I cannot fathom risking your life for and dedicating your lifetime to your country. I will work hard to understand what kind of feeling that deep desire is.”

Lee Dong Wook is currently filming for the upcoming second season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed.” “Harbin” will officially start filming on November 20 and Lee Dong Wook will join the set as soon as his drama filming concludes.

Lee Dong Wook Joins Hyun Bin And Jeon Yeo Been’s Historical Movie + Filming To Begin This Week | Soompi

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. I'm glad that  he joins the cast of 'Harbin'.   :Megalol:

• Like 1

What Is South Korea Watching? Here Are The Top 10 Netflix Shows In November

The country can’t seem to get enough of #5 and #9.

Xp62C8zxVrHGSLbleYBuy7Muyz0tcu8hDjueha1LDwwaKuZ2AmQhup8Zw5harSgYUBTZVlv7WS3NxdkJbJ6_iAEwIJ1Ox8Yo60hNhVEXpflpEg=w780-nu-rj-l80-e365

South Korea has undoubtedly given Netflix some of its biggest hits globally, like “Squid Game” and “All Of Us Are Dead.” But the country is not only one of the top content producers on the platform. It is also the biggest Netflix consumer in Asia, with over 5 million subscribers.

Here are the top 10 shows that have gotten a hold on the country in November so far (data retrieved between November 7 to November 13):

9. Guardian: The Lonely and Great God: Season 1

Kim Shin, a decorated military general from the Goryeo dynasty era, gets killed by his master and turns into an immortal goblin. He spends nine centuries looking for his bride who can break the curse of immortality, and comes across a grim reaper and an energetic teenager with a painful past.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

credit https://top10.netflix.com/south-korea/tv