Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas With The Most Adorable "Tom & Jerry" Couples

One of the most endearing plot elements in a romantic comedy is a bickering couple that just can't stop teasing each other but at the same, can't get enough of each other either. Here are 10 K-Dramas with couples that have the most entertaining banter!

photo1506720.jpg

"Tale of the Nine Tailed"

When a gumiho meets a woman possibly feistier than him, you know it's about to be explosive. Lee Dong-wook and Jo Bo-ah star in this mythical masterpiece, brewing up a romance that transcends space and time. However, even their fated love story isn't safe from bickering. As a matter of fact, it's a constant battle of wits between the two, which makes the story even more exhilarating. Lee  Yeon and Nam  Ji-ah are a match made in heaven!

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

photo1506721.jpg

"Guardian: The Lonely and Great God"

This list would not be complete without the epitome of the "Tom & Jerry" trope: Goblin and Ji  Eun-tak, played by Gong Yoo and Kim Go-eun respectively. Nothing beats the sheer joy their repartee brings, especially when it is fueled by petty sass. The fact that neither one is ready to back down makes it even more entertaining. However, Goblin and Eun-tak aren't the only bickering duo in this series. Goblin and Grim Reaper come a close second too!

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

source : Hancinema

• 2 weeks later...

*** LDW and Kim Bum will be joining the fandom platform UNIVERSE! TODAY, July 7th, UNIVERSE announced that  they will open their respective ‘planets’ on UNIVERSE on July 14. At the same time, their voice teasers will be released on Universe’s official social media today.” In addition, a commemorative greeting video for fans will be revealed on July 14. “Planets” are individual spaces for each artists on the platform UNIVERSE, where fans and artists can communicate via “FNS” (fan network service), artists can share original content and media, and fandoms can record and receive rewards for their activities in missions. Lee Dong Wook & Kim Bum will share their daily lives on their planets and also communicate with global fans through private messages. They will also actively participate in UNIVERSE’s exclusive content and provide fun entertainment. Lee Dong Wook gives a try at ASMR and says, “Hello, this is actor Lee Dong Wook.” However, he hilariously gives up, saying, “I can’t do this,” and then he adds, “See you on UNIVERSE on July 14.”  :heart2:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=117&aid=0003622208

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas For Introverts

One of the reasons why K-Dramas are so popular is that the industry has something for everyone's taste.

Whether you're looking for something to relate to or something completely outside of reality, K-Dramas have got your back. Here are my picks for the top 10 K-Dramas, ideal for introverts.

ngcb1

"Touch Your Heart"

"Touch Your Heart", starring Lee Dong-wook and Yoo In-na, is one of those dramas that is simply delightful.

If you're feeling the blues kick in, ward them away with the power of love in "Touch Your Heart". At the same time, if you're feeling adventurous, you can still tune in for the legal thrill! This drama has it all!

(skipped unrelated.....) 

*** There are numerous situations where male celebrities have to reveal their stunning bare faces. There are some celebrities just don’t mind showing off their bare face.  :luvarrow:

Lee Dong Wook has never been shy about showing off his bare face.

Rpd3E0G2gM-6j79IvfRaQ10DiyGicQkNJs4kdYmSZtAtgt05Wb1mrRdQk1FeP1Qp1VgaGk1sQ8PK4G6w8Cko5cIONlWZ-WgWfA=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

photos source : Koreaboo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

7 Older K-Dramas To Watch If You’re Going Through A Drama Drought

One of the best things to do when you can’t find any K-dramas that really suck you in is to go back and watch some oldies. Although a lot of older K-dramas might seem dated, it often just takes an episode or two to really suck you in. The emotional depth and character development of a lot of older K-dramas have really stood the test of time. Here are seven of those K-dramas that are worth watching.

1. “My Girl”

my-girl.jpeg

“My Girl” tells the story of Sol Gong Chan (Lee Dong Wook), a typical rich boy who meets a girl named Joo Yoo Rin (Lee Da Hae). The two sign a contract to pretend to be long-lost relatives in order for Gong Chan to inherit his dying grandfather’s fortune. Gong Chan is a bit of jerk and couldn’t care less for Yoo Rin, but he ends up falling for her. And rounding out this love triangle is a playboy named Seo Jung Woo (Lee Joon Gi).

One of the highlights of this series is seeing the evolving romantic relationship between Gong Chan and Yoo Rin. Their adorable chemistry is one that people still talk about today. Lee Joon Gi’s role as Seo Jung Woo also garnered a lot of love as he was the second lead whose heart was on the line as he fell harder for Yoo Rin. It’s a sweet romantic comedy that is light-hearted enough to binge watch and is guaranteed to make you love the cast.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

[Ishani's Picks] Top 5 Dark Romance K-Dramas

photo1524321.jpg

Starring Lee Dong-wook, Jo Bo-ah and Kim Beom in the leading roles, "Tale of the Nine Tailed" revolves around modern day gumihos, rivalries spanning decades and love that transcends it all. The gothic fantasy elements make the watching experience even more immersive. The drama is also slated for a second season so if you haven't watched the first season yet, now is the perfect time to catch up.

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

*** I'm not really into remakes, sequels & part2s, but for LDW, I can't wait for the return of 'The Tail of the Nine Tailed'! On August 1st, he took on Instagram to show several behind the scene photos working on the set for the upcoming prequel with a caption - "I am working hard for the 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938'".  In three photos, we could get to see elegant backside pictures showing his long straight hair, with a sneak peek of the refined outfits he will be wearing throughout the series.  The second season of the drama is set to be released next year 2023.  :coolshades:

20220802_025435_314_G_4988.jpg

20220802_025442_266_G_4989.jpg

20220802_025448_041_G_4990.jpg

photos source KING KONG by Starship, Instagram '@leedongwook_official'

7 Korean Variety Shows That Need To Make A Comeback

The wonderful world of variety shows always provides a great escape from the realities of the world and life in general. The concepts as well as the guests that come on the programs are always so exciting to see. There have been a fair share of shows over the years that are amazing but have gotten cancelled. Here are a few of the many that they need to bring back to the screen!

Strong Heart

strong-heart.jpeg

Hosted by Kang Ho Dong and Lee Seung Gi (later Lee Dong Wook and Shin Dong Yup), “Strong Heart” was the popular SBS talk show that revolved around celebrities talking about personal experiences. The stories would evoke tears and laughter, showing a different side to the celebrities. It was a great talk show that gave fans and viewers a deeper look into their lives. This type of talk show would be fun to watch today especially if we were able to see all the celebrities interacting with each other, sharing various stories.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

credit : soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

*** LDW was using the private messenger app Universe in sending private messages to his fans. I'm amazed to see him taking the time to spend time with his fans. He's down-to-earth, even stating he was totally okay for his younger fans to call him ajussi or uncle. He enjoyed himself communicating with fans. According to reports, he spent over an hour

messaging with fans.  :wut:

이하 뉴스1

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/781056

*** HYUNSUK of K-pop boy group CIX revealed a hilarious reason why his mother stopped subscribing to his 'Private Message'. He said that when he asked why, she explained, that she's subscribing to Lee Dong Wook's 'Private Message... 'Private Message' is a paid mobile messenger, which provides a private online space that looks a lot like a private chat room. When an artist sends text messages, voice messages, photos and videos through this service, all fans who subscribe to the artist's 'Private Message' receive them. On this application, you have to pay for each artist that you subscribe, and it seemed like HYUNSUK's mother is only paying for one artist and she chose Lee Dong Wook over her own son as Lee Dong Wook joined 'Private Message'.  Lee Dong Wook started using 'Private Message' last week, and a lot of fun messages from his 'Private Message' were shared online ever since.   :Megalol:

*** Against expectations, LDW proves to be excellent at Private Message app, proven through transcripts of the conversations he had with fans. His fan service, which was published by fans through various online communities, started to draw attention. In addition, fans often call him “uncle” (ahjussi) rather than “oppa”, which caused netizens to laugh.  He also showed an unpretentious appearance by confiding everything, from trivial daily stories to his thoughts to fans. He continued to talk with fans for an hour without a break, exuding a friendly charm. As a result, he has been showered positive comments.   :cutekitty:

*** Lee Dong Wook declined fans’ request in his Private Message app to share other actors’ whereabouts and selfies. He posted, “Why are you asking me about Bum? Go ask himself for his selfies.” He's referring to Kim Bum. Later, when fans who asked for selfies said, “Are you being jealous?” he responded, “Jealous? I’m not jealous at all. I guess some of you don’t know me well yet. Why should I talk about other actors here? Even during V Live, why are you always asking me about other actors? Don’t go saying that I’m jealous since I’m not. I’m trying to explain in a nice way for your better  understanding. I’m here to have a good time with my fans. I can’t understand why people are trying to get in the way of this. I’m not angry, but I thought I should mention this someday.” it's good that he's directly addressing the issue. There are many thoughtless fans asking about other members via V Live broadcast of idols. I wish fans would stop asking about others to him. I’m glad he pointed out the issue.   :kaching1:

뉴스1

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/782232

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 Fantasy Romance K-Dramas Where One Of The Main Leads Isn't Human

Fantasy K-Dramas are growing in popularity all over the world. If you're looking for fantasy romance dramas where one of the leading characters isn't quite human, here are my top 10 picks that you might enjoy!

photo1537354.jpg

The second gumiho drama on this list, "Tale of the Nine Tailed" brings us the stunningly handsome Lee Dong-wook as the mighty Lee Yeon alongside Kim Beom, who plays his brother Lee Rang and Jo Bo-ah as Nam Ji-ah /Ah-eum, Lee Yeon's love interest. It is an epic urban saga that is set for a sequel too! So, now is the best time for you to catch up!

Where to Watch