Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Dear Lee Dong Wook: A fan from India was inspired by the actor’s ‘Tale of the Nine Tailed’ character

lee_dong_wook_main.png?width=752&format=

Lee Dong Wook is a South Korean actor, host, model, and entertainer.

He made his acting debut in 1999 after winning the grand prize in a model contest the same year. Lee Dong Wook is well known for his roles in series like ‘My Girl’, ‘Guardian: The Lonely and Great God’ (also known as ‘Goblin’), ‘Touch Your Heart’, and more. 

Today’s sweet letter has been penned by a fan from India, to Lee Dong Wook. Read their letter, below.

Well, Ahjussi (using korean manners since i'm 14 and you're 40), I'm 14 year old depressed teenager from India and i use to be always too tired so one day i was scrolling through my instagram and saw a clip of tale of nine tailed after that i binge watch whole drama in a night and i love the character lee yeon he was smart, dashing, mature i realized that i should also deal with my problems same way i can be smart too so by inspiring lee yeon i started working on my self after that i watched all the dramas of you and all the characters you played always touched my heart just like attorney kwon jung-rok did to ohh yun-seo's heart i always loved it how you always play your character who heartely and it always looks so realistic, then i saw your lives and i realized how chill person you are actually even though you must be having loads of problems, i just wanna thank you, without knowing you helped me to heal and made me better human.

Thank you.

You're so inspiring ahjussi♡

K Kim.

Ps: i hope you see this letter ㅠㅠ

source : PinkVilla

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-lee-dong-wook-fan-india-was-inspired-actor-s-tale-nine-tailed-character-1073323

*** According to reports yesterday April 21, Lee Dong Wook & Kim Bum, (also the lead cast of S1) the lead cast of tvN's 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed' season 2 again recently held their first script reading earlier this week.  they were joined by a new cast member, Kim So Yeon (replacingJo Bo Ah  ).   :heart4:

1650587220-1.jpeg

photo source : allkpop

*** It's reported that the cast of "Tale of the Nine-Tailed 2"  had their first script-reading on April 18th. Report stated that Season 1’s original cast members, Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum, attended this read-through session, joined by a new cast member, Kim So Yeon.    :kisslevel:

7fe335ce3ba237.jpg

source : https://www.joynews24.com/view/1472718

*** I'm not really into season  2 of any dramas but, I'm glad that I can be able to see LDW & Kim Bum together again in tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed” since the drama will be back for a new season!  I'm going to see their bromance on screen again. I’m happy that LDW has taken on this drama once again. Same as Kim Bum who will be returning as Yi

Rang again. “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will premiere next year (2023). I can't wait for this!   :wut:

2022050301000187600011051_20220503093103

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=076&aid=0003862201

'Tale of the Nine Tailed' to be back for second season set in 1938

Actors Lee Dong-wook, Kim Beom, Kim So-yeon and Ryu Kyung-soo [KING KONG BY STARSHIP, J,WIDE-COMPANY, STUDIO SANTA CLAUS]

Actors Lee Dong-wook, Kim Beom, Kim So-yeon and Ryu Kyung-soo [KING KONG BY STARSHIP, J,WIDE-COMPANY, STUDIO SANTA CLAUS]

“Tale of the Nine Tailed” will return for a second season, once again starring actors Lee Dong-wook and Kim Beom, according to tvN on Tuesday.

“Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,” set to air some time next year, is a modern reinterpretation of Korea’s folklore surrounding gumiho, a nine-tailed fox creature that can shapeshift in to a beautiful woman who seduces men to their death. In season one from 2020, Lee took on the role of a male gumiho, which was received as a novel interpretation of the traditionally female creature. For this season, Lee’s gumiho timeslips and finds himself in the year 1938.

Actors Kim So-yeon and Ryu Kyung-soo have also joined the cast. 

credit : JoongAngDaily

*** Filming kicks-off for the "Nine-Tailed Fox 2". I'm not really into S2 of any dramas but, whatever the case, at least, there will be pretty period sets and period costumes to enjoy. I wonder how this will compare from the original one. I don't like any sequels since I hate comparisons.   :kaching3:

Hello, thanks for your consistent updates on LDW's projects!

I wasn't able to finish S1 of TotNT. Not due to LDW, he was serving both in visuals and acting, the character of Lee Yeon suited him and his dynamic with KB as his younger brother was what really stood out for me. I am willing to give this S2  a go, however, and hope for a better plot to encompass these characters. I find the setting in late 1930s era intriguing.

That said, I'd love to hear more casting news soon. I feel that LDW venturing more often into projects like Strangers from Hell or Bad and Crazy, will benefit his career and allow him to show more of his versatility, which I believe gets slightly hampered in stereotypically romantic roles.

And a little throwback photo cause I appreciate this look very much :)

spacer.png

• Love 1

7 Lighthearted K-Dramas To Watch When You’re Feeling A Bit Anxious

For those times when you’re feeling a bit uneasy and anxious, know that you’re not alone. Everyone has different ways of alleviating stress and worry, some of which might be through watching K-dramas. Here’s a list of seven K-dramas that just might help you when you’re feeling a bit anxious.

2. “Touch Your Heart

touch-your-heart.jpg

When Kwon Jung Rok (Lee Dong Wook) first meets Oh Yoon Seo (Yoo In Na), the two completely butt heads. They are opposites in personality and professions; Jung Rok is a well-respected attorney, and Yoon Seo is a famous celebrity.

Yoon Seo begins working as Jung Rok’s secretary to get more acquainted for a future acting gig, and as much as he despises this situation, he reluctantly agrees.

“Touch Your Heart” is a drama-free, fun show to watch that will give you all the K-drama tropes and feels to get you through some anxiety. The series is adorable, and you can be sure that Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na bring it their all in terms of chemistry. You remember their sizzling chemistry in “Goblin,” right? You won’t be able to get enough of the lovey-dovey scenes between the two! It’ll comfort you like a warm blanket on a cold day, easing all worries.

Check out the first episode:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Top 33 Most Followed Korean Male Celebrities & 150 Others On Instagram

Data were retrieved on May 11, 2022, at 9:30 AM KST.

20. Lee DongWook by his agency - 14.2m followers - @leedongwook_official

Most-Followed-Male-Celebrity-on-Instagra

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-19-most-followed-korean-male-celebrities-150-others-on-instagram/

12 “Enemies To Lovers” K-Drama Couples With Fiery Chemistry

We all love this trope. In K-dramas, when a man and woman meet and absolutely despise each other, they are quick to discover that they may actually have feelings for each other. There is a fine line between love and hate after all, am I right?

This trope is always successful in bringing all the feels as we’re able to see the cold-hearted OTP turn from being hateful and angry towards each other to being warm and loving. Here are 12 “enemies to lovers” K-drama couples that exude intense chemistry.

12. “Touch Your Heart”

12 “Enemies To Lovers” K-Drama Couples With Fiery Chemistry 9

When Kwon Jung Rok (Lee Dong Wook) first meets Oh Yoon Seo (Yoo In Na), the two completely butt heads. They are opposites in personality and professions; Jung Rok is a well-respected attorney and Yoon Seo is a famous celebrity.

Yoon Seo begins working as Jung Rok’s secretary to get more acquainted for a future acting gig, and as much as he despises this situation, he reluctantly agrees.

Many of you may remember this beautiful duo in their roles in “Goblin.” Lee Dong Wook played the Grim Reaper and Yoo In Na played his long lost love Sunny. The two had such undeniable chemistry in that drama that fans were ecstatic to see them returning on the small screen as main leads. They did not disappoint in “Touch Your Heart.” Their chemistry was enigmatic as ever and it’s almost sad that we can only admire the couple in the dramaworld.

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2022/05/13/12-enemies-to-lovers-k-drama-couples-with-fiery-chemistry/

These 6 top Korean actors over 40 are still single in 2022

From Gong Yoo, Jo In Sung, to Lee Dong Wook, what do they have in common? They are in their 40s, famous, handsome, and single!

Since the beginning of 2022, many Korean celebrities have announced their engagement and marriage. In particular, the celebrity wedding that took the most spotlight this year belongs to A-list star couple Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin. Now that Hyun Bin has become a married man, which top actors still remain in the over 40 bachelor club of Korea’s entertainment industry?

Lee Dong Wook

Like his close friend Gong Yoo, Lee Dong Wook is also currently single. Born in 1981, Lee Dong Wook is famous for both his acting talent and handsome, youthful appearance. He doesn’t look like he has entered his 40s at all.

Lee Dong Wook in Life

Throughout the years, Lee Dong Wook has been caught up in dating rumors and shipped by fans with various actresses such as Lee Da Hee, Kim Hyun Joo, Yoo In Na, etc. But the only confirmed relationship he had was with the “nation’s first love” Suzy. However, the visual couple called it quits after just 4 months. Since his breakup with Suzy, Lee Dong Wook has not been reported to be dating anyone.

These 6 top Korean actors over 40 are still single in 2022 1

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2022/05/21/these-6-top-korean-actors-over-40-are-still-single-in-2022/

Fans Voted For The Top 20 Most Handsome Korean Actors Of All Time

Chiseled jawlines and cheekbones galore

Popular Korean entertainment voting website KingChoice asked fans to vote for who they think the most handsome Korean actors of all time are. After several weeks of voting, the results are in! Here are who fans voted as the top 20 most handsome Korean actors in the industry.

4. Lee Dong Wook

Vs0F4daCDj-rJ7-10gRpRzuoMvv82Lo-BYIcElCfa1Zrw3DDSKJ4EOkYubwPTdskvnRs9aRL-rszgucT6gXrZgq6w_mhmh2VgQ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

source :  https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/top-20-handsome-korean-actors-time-voted/

*** On May 20, one YouTube channel shared a video of Lee Dong Wook's having a casual interview with comedian Lee Yongjin. During the interview, Lee Yongjin asked him if there is any type of girls he is attracted to. Lee Dong Wook answered, "I do like girls who look good with a short hair. I think girls with a short hair makes me look at her more, and also attracts me more." Also, he was asked whether he believes in destiny. He answered, "Well, I do like to meet someone in a natural setting. That's one thing that I hope for all the time." He revealed that there is one thing that he dreams of happening when he travels alone. He resumed, "Actually, I always sit alone when I fly. Sometimes, I imagine a girl of my type traveling next to me. But that's never happened.", then awkwardly laughed. He was asked, "Have you ever cried not wanting to break up when you were in a relationship in the past?" He resumed, "I've cried in front of my girlfriend who wanted to break up with me, continuously saying that I didn't want to break up, and I wanted to make it work." He added, "There were also times when I messaged/called my ex-girlfriend drunk. You make fun of me for this, but I'm sure you've had this sort of experience before too. Everyone is the same when it comes to love, aren't they?" Then, Lee Yongjin stated, "A lot of actors nowadays are getting married late. Many of them, including you, are not married as well. It may be that the ideal age that guys want to get married have gone up because of you guys."  He responded, "It's not our fault that we're still not married though! But I do want to get married before I turn 50."   :twerk2:

201666729_1280.jpg

Credit : STUDIO WAFFLE' YouTube

*** Netizens have always been curious about the ideal types of their favorite celebrities. Recently, Lee Dong Wook spilled tea on his preferred type and plans for marriage. He was recently featured in a video for Studio Waffle. There, he talked about countless of topics. Lee Dong Wook was asked what was his ideal type of his partner. Lee Dong Wook shared, "Actually, I don't really have a specific ideal type in terms of looks." He went on to add that he did have a preference, though regarding a certain style of haircut. " I think if it's someone who looks good in a bob cut, I tend to get more attracted and interested," he expressed. Lee Dong Wook shared that he wanted to meet his version of "The One" and  even had a scenario in his head. "I hope to meet someone naturally. It's what my heart hopes for. When I go on a business trip abroad, I always sit by myself on the plane. I hope someone my type would sit beside me. There are times when I imagine such a thing but it has never happened," he shared. Lee Dong Wook was also asked about his plans for marriage. He added, "But perhaps I should get married before I turn 50."   :kaching1:

video source : Koreaportal.com

7 K-Drama Second Lead Couples With The Best Chemistry

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

It’s usually always a given that the main couple will bring you all the feels and emotions that come with watching K-dramas. But sometimes we are pleasantly surprised when we see the second couple exuding great chemistry. By the end of the series, they are almost as great as the main couple! There have been a fair share who have been unforgettable, and here are seven second lead couples who have displayed the best chemistry.

1. Sunny and Grim Reaper in “Goblin

Goblin.jpg

Any avid K-drama watcher knows the power and hold that Sunny (Yoo In Na) and the Grim Reaper (Lee Dong Wook) have on their fans. The series stars Gong Yoo as a 900-year-old goblin named Kim Shin who must await his bride in order to be immortal. This bride is Ji Eun Tak (Kim Go Eun).

Parallel to this love story is the Grim Reaper who falls head-over-heels in love with Eun Tak’s boss, Sunny, who owns a fried chicken restaurant. To say their chemistry is perfection is an understatement. Fans couldn’t help but adore the pair so much that the two stars ended up in another K-drama together shortly after called “Touch Your Heart.”

Watch “Goblin” here:

Watch Now

Watch “Touch Your Heart” here:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

***  Most of the Korean actors have Instagram and some have an impressive amount of followers! Some have been using Instagram actively while some do not really keep it updated. Some actors also just created their Instagram recently and are still gathering followers. This is based from the data, which were updated on June 9 (latest update), 2022, at 11:30 AM

KST. :Megalol:

8. Lee DongWook by his agency - 14.4m followers - @leedongwook_official

Korean-Actors-Instagram-ranking-most-fol

source : Kpopmap.com

• 2 weeks later...

*** Every year, there’s always one Korean drama that rises above the rest to reel in viewers. For the year 2016, "Goblin" was the most-watched drama since 2012 based on viewership data, gathered by the YouTube channel MISS-K-DRAMA.  :heart1:

LB3je2F3B2qXxb2BL9pYypNaiu_XfVSTHnYlHhag