Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

*** I'm curious about LDW's participation in the movie, "Harbin". Meanwhile, he together with fellow labelmates in Kingkong by Starship-participated in the variety show "The Game Caterers." It marked their first company team

building.   :hypehype:

Lee Dong Wook

photo source : Kdramastars

[Ishani's Picks] Top 5 K-Dramas About Reincarnation

photo1585949.jpg

"Guardian: The Lonely and Great God"

Speaking of romantic comedies about reincarnation, I cannot possibly forget about the OG - "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God". Starring Gong Yoo, Kim Go-eun, Yoo In-na, and Lee Dong-wook, this drama places reincarnation as one of its central themes. Saying anything more than this might be too much of a spoiler so you might want to find out for yourself, and you'll thank me for it later!

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : Hancinema

10 Must-Watch Childhood Friends to Lovers K-Dramas

When we were a lot younger, we had different kinds of friends we met, some from our neighborhood, some from our school, or other ways. Some might stay as our friends, and sometimes we outgrow them. In K-Dramas, however, some of our childhood friends transform into someone we cherish even more than we imagined, someone who will be our better half.

There may be a lot of friends-turned-lovers plots among K-Dramas, but there are also some of them who started being friends when they were way younger. The story would really get to your heart, from the good-natured bantering of friends up to the moment they finally realize that they do not see each other as just friends anymore.

"Bubblegum"

Park Ri Hwan (Lee Dong Wook), who comes from a wealthy family, now runs his own clinic and practices oriental medicine. He was raised alongside Kim Haeng Ah (Jung Ryeo Won), a radio producer who has been his best friend since they were young. Haeng Ah's parents passed away when she was a young child, and after her father passed away, Ri Hwan's mother took care of her. Since Ri Hwan is opposed to them being together, Haeng Ah is taking things cautiously even though she and Ri Hwan each have affection for one another.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/11/10-must-watch-childhood-friends-to-lovers-k-dramas

7 K-Actors Who Don’t Age

How is it that even with such hectic schedules, lack of sleep, and long filming days, actors never seem to age? Rather as they age, they tend to look even better than before! So here are seven actors who remain as youthful as when they made their debut years ago!

1. Lee Dong Wook: Born in 1981, at the age of 41, Lee Dong Wook surprises everyone when they figure out that his physical age doesn't match just how young he looks!

1668824318-1.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : Allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/11/7-k-actors-who-dont-age

*** Lee Dong-wook is releasing his first season’s greetings merchandise, Kingkong by Starship said TODAY, Friday. (November 25) His Agency posted concept images on social media. Titled “Prism,” the merchandise will include a diary with a copy of Lee’s handwritten message, a calendar, a magazine, postcards, keyrings and posters. Advanced orders are being taken through online bookstore sites until Dec. 8.   :thumbsup:

A teaser image for Lee Dong-wook's season's greetings merchandise [KINGKONG BY STARSHIP]

A teaser image for Lee Dong-wook's season's greetings merchandise [KINGKONG BY STARSHIP]

BY SHIN MIN-HEE [shin.minhee@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

Top 10 Instagram Updates By K-Drama Actors (4th Week Of November 2022)

10. Lee DongWook

Long-haired Lee DongWook is back! The famous actor shares a behind the scene image from the shooting of his upcoming drama "Tale Of The Nine Tailed 1938".

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClVTlHzyW0m/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=8bd2bc6d-6984-436c-95d9-b1cf544dc78e

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-10-instagram-updates-by-kdrama-actors-4th-week-of-november-2022/

Here Are The 25 Most Handsome Korean Actors

Did your favorite make the list?

KingChoice is a popular polling website where fans of K-Pop can participate in various polls put up on a semi-regular basis on topics such as idols, ships, songs, and other categories. These polls often draw in hundreds of thousands of votes total, so the results come from a pretty large pool of participants! While of course the resulting list will always be subjective, it’s still interesting to see who ends up on the top of the chart and whether or not your favorite artist ended up where you think they should. 

13. Lee Dong Wook

(skipped unrelated.....) 
  • Like 1

6 K-Dramas To Binge Watch For Feel Good Holiday Vibes

Now that we've reached the end of the year, it's time to deck the halls and put up the Christmas tree. With the first week of December, the holiday season is in full swing, which means people are out and about preparing for the joyous occasion. It calls for trips to the mall, making plans with loved ones, and filling homes with the holiday spirit.

Along with all the glee and cheer comes colder weather, making it a tiny bit difficult to get out of bed in the morning. On the upside, this could be the perfect opportunity to snuggle up under the sheets and marathon your favorite K-Drama. There are many series that incorporate the holiday season into the story, making it perfect for this time of the year.

So here's a list of some K-Dramas to binge watch as you prepare for the holidays.

2. "Goblin"

Who can forget this legendary series which took the entire world by storm. The explosively popular K-Drama stars Kim GoEun and Gong Yoo as its main leads, along with Lee DongWook, Yoo InNa, and BTOB's SungJae. "Goblin" is the unbelievably touching story between Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) and Ji EunTak (Kim GoEun) who are tied by fate as the lonely goblin and his lovely bride.

With its premiere being on December 2, 2016, "Goblin" is automatically linked to the holiday season. Gong Yoo and Kim GoEun's electrifying chemistry is more than enough to provide you with warmth in the coldest of weather. Their progression as an onscreen couple sends a swarm of butterflies coursing through your entire body. There's no need to wait until the first snow, because you can start binge watching "Goblin" today!

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.kpopmap.com/6-kdramas-to-binge-watch-feel-good-holiday-vibes/

Top 10 Instagram Updates By K-Drama Actors (1st Week Of December 2022)

6. Lee DongWook

Words cannot describe how handsome the famous actor looks so we will use an emoji instead. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl2O85CShyN/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=4a12e11d-65c9-473b-b30c-88fb3c4b82f7

source https://www.kpopmap.com/top-10-instagram-updates-by-kdrama-actors-1st-week-of-december-2022/

*** Sometimes celebrities do need to step up for themselves and set the lines. On December 11th, private messages sent by Lee Dongwook to fans were trending on community sites. The private messages were sent through Universe, a messenger app where stars can communicate with fans. After paying for the paid subscription service, fans can chat with stars and receive direct answers. In the photos that currently circling around on social media, he showed a rather annoyed response, saying he was curious about the intentions of some fans who sent rude messages to him. He said, "I'm really curious about something, so please let me know the answer. It's not because I'm angry, it's because I'm genuinely curious. Why are you telling me to talk sufficiently because it interferes with your work? Seriously, I'm really curious about what kind of psychology is that. Why would you say that when you're the one that subscribed to me? Isn't it easy to just cancel the subscription, turn off the alarm, or delete the Universe app? Seriously, I'm not angry, but I just wondered what makes someone do that. I ignore it, but whenever I send a private message, I get those words. Why do they always do that? Well, from an economic point of view, I'm grateful you subscribe to me. I was just so curious about the psychology behind that. Why would you say that in a paid-service app. No, it's not that I'm hurt or angry. I'm not at my life stage where I can get hurt by that. I'm just curious why someone would do that. I want to see what kind of expression did they have on their face when they did that." If that's just you being an attention seeker or whatever, please just continue to subscribe. That's good for me anyway. Regardless, let's leave that unsolved mystery of psychology as a mystery forever "  Netizens who came across this actively agreed with the actor and commented, "Just like what Lee Dongwook said if you're going to do that, why do you subscribe? I can't understand them," "It's so cool that he speaks his mind. Those kinds of losers are probably the kind that thought, 'I have the right to say mean things to you because I paid,'" "But he did seem a little angry," "Exactly. Why did they subscribe then? Did they do that to ruin one's day?" "Isn't it good that the stars you subscribed to communicate a lot?" and more.   :yay: 

20221212_230421_333_i-side.jpg

20221212_230455_419_3-side.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Top 5 Favorite K-Dramas Of 2022 According To Kpopmap Readers (Vote Result)

2022 was yet another year filled with riveting drama releases that we couldn't get enough of. With the year coming to a close, it has come time to look back on our favorites from the year.

From Dec. 14 to Dec. 26, Kpopmap readers voted for their favorite web drama of the year. We received a total of 90,768 votes. A lot of you have voted, thank you!

Here are the best K-dramas of 2022 according to your votes.

4. "Bad and Crazy" - 4,150 votes

The action-comedy drama "Bad and Crazy" starring Lee DongWook and Wi HaJun ranked fourth.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-5-favorite-kdramas-of-2022-according-to-kpopmap-readers-vote-result/

Korean Dramas for Beginners: A Guide to Getting Started

If you’re new to the world of Korean dramas, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. With so many series and genres to choose from, it can be difficult to know which dramas are the best for beginners. Here are a few recommendations for Korean dramas that are perfect for those just starting out :

image-5.png?w=917&ssl=1

5. “Goblin” – This fantasy drama follows the story of a goblin who is searching for a bride to end his immortal life and the woman who becomes embroiled in his quest. It’s a unique and captivating series that’s great for those new to K-dramas.

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2023/01/01/korean-dramas-for-beginners-a-guide-to-getting-started/

Top 31 Most Followed Korean Actors On Instagram & 100 Other Actors' Instagram

Have you ever wondered about the number of followers each Korean actor have?

Most of the Korean actors have Instagram and some have an impressive amount of followers! Some have been using Instagram actively while some do not really keep it updated. Some actors also just created their Instagram recently and are still gathering followers.

Here are the most followed Korean actors on Instagram and then a rough ranking of over 100 actors' Instagram accounts. If you are not following your favorite actors' Instagram, it is time to do so.

All data were updated on January 10 (latest update), 2023, at 10:30 AM KST. We regularly update as the numbers keep on increasing and the ranking is changing.

9. Lee DongWook by his agency - 15.2m followers - @leedongwook_official

Most-followed-Korean-actors-01102023-mor

(skipped unrelated.....)P

source : kpopmap

Park Ji Bin Confirmed To Star In “The Killer’s Shopping List” Spin-Off Reportedly Starring Lee Dong Wook And Kim Hye Joon

Park Ji Bin Confirmed To Star In “The Killer’s Shopping List” Spin-Off Reportedly Starring Lee Dong Wook And Kim Hye Joon

Park Ji Bin will be starring in “The Killer’s Shopping Mall”

(working title), the spin-off to “The Killer’s Shopping List”!

Based on author Kang Ji Young’s novel, “The Killer’s Shopping Mall” is an action drama that follows the story of a character who lives with her uncle, who runs a shopping mall, after her parents’ passing. However, she faces new truths following the sudden death of her uncle. The drama will be an eight-part series, and the broadcast details are currently in discussion.

Last year in November, Star News reported that Lee Dong Wook and Kim Hye Joon will be leading the drama, taking on the role of the uncle and niece, respectively.

Previously, Park Ji Bin starred in tvN’s “The Killer’s Shopping List” as Saeng Sun, the MS Mart employee in charge of the seafood corner. Park Ji Bin also recently impressed in KBS2’s “Bloody Heart” and tvN’s “Blind,” raising anticipation for his next transformation.

“The Killer’s Shopping List” is a comedy-mystery thriller that premiered in April 2022. The drama follows what happens when a supermarket receipt becomes a key piece of evidence that kicks off a hunt for the killer. Lee Kwang Soo stars as Ahn Dae Sung who was once considered a genius with impressive memorization skills, and AOA’s Seolhyun stars as Ahn Dae Sung’s girlfriend Do Ah Hee, a passionate police officer who has only had eyes for him from a very young age.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563090wpp/park-ji-bin-confirmed-to-star-in-the-killers-shopping-list-spin-off-reportedly-starring-lee-dong-wook-and-kim-hye-joon

Love Or Hate: The Candid Fan Comment That Still Has Actor Lee Dong Wook Hilariously Confused

ceX_lE-GSeaN0fwraAB11KJ8tVMp1jFz1Twa9p8f

He’s been laughing about it ever since he saw it.

Sometimes fans’ comments can be a bit over the top, which actor Lee Dong Wook proved with one particular comment that still has him hilariously confused.

At the mention of the funniest comment he’s read about himself online, Lee Dong Wook admitted he doesn’t read them often. However, there was a recent one he couldn’t forget.

Lee Dong Wook revealed the fan’s humorously honest comment, “‘Lee Dong Wook is f*cking handsome. Tell him to stop it.’

The veteran actor couldn’t determine whether it was a compliment or the opposite.

Though he didn’t reach an answer on how to interpret it, Lee Dong Wook confirmed the comment made him laugh.

The words of the comment are bad, but the overall sentence sounds like a compliment… I laughed for some time when I saw this comment. I was like, ‘What is this?’

— Lee Dong Wook

With timeless visuals like Lee Dong Wook’s, many K-Drama viewers could relate to the fan’s enthusiastic compliment.

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/fan-comment-actor-lee-dong-wook-confused-elle/