Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

** Viki has always been one of my main sources for watching K-dramas. I love "Goblin" - it mixed of humorous and heartbreaking moments.  :kaching3:

37 Most-Rated K-Dramas Of All Time On Viki

Viki has been bringing K-drama lovers quality content for many years now. The love and appreciation that viewers have for an inclusive platform that is able to provide accessibility to various shows has been endless. With the long history of Viki and K-dramas, there are certain titles that prove to be consistently popular. These K-dramas have garnered over 100,000 ratings each, showing that these dramas have been the most popular among Viki users over the years. Here are those 37 dramas!

Ratings updated on April 3, 2023.

12. “Tale of the Nine-Tailed” (2020)
167,634 ratings / ★9.6

tale-of-the-nine-tailed.jpeg

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed” is about a male gumiho named Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) who has adjusted into city life centuries ago. He meets a fiery and strong producing director named Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah). She is determined to track him down because she feels he is connected to the death of her parents.

The success of this series was astonishing as people couldn’t get enough of the star-crossed lovers. Seeing the two try not to develop feelings for each other, but wanting so desperately to be with each other was the angst and love story we didn’t know we needed. Lee Dong Wook is always a delight to watch in any role he takes on as he has a presence that draws viewers in, and the impression that viewers had of him with Jo Bo Ah was exceptionally strong. Fans are obviously already excited for the upcoming new season!

Watch “Tale of the Nine-Tailed” here:

Watch Now

16. “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God” (2016~2017)
154,087 ratings / ★9.7

This drama involves a goblin (played by Gong Yoo) and his bride (played by Kim Go Eun). The two embark on a whirlwind of a romance and are faced with a lot of serious and supernatural obstacles that jeopardize them from being together.

“Guardian: The Lonely and Great God” (also known as “Goblin”) is another series that earned most-loved status on Viki.

With the brilliant writing of Kim Eun Sook and an A-list cast, the success of this series was inevitable. Not only was the main OTP a catalyst for the success of the series, but the bromance involving Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook has gained legendary status.

Watch “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God” here:

Watch Now

29. “Touch Your Heart” (2019)
121,445 ratings / ★9.6

touch-your-heart.jpeg

When Kwon Jung Rok (Lee Dong Wook) first meets Oh Yoon Seo (Yoo In Na), the two completely butt heads. They are opposites in personality and professions; Jung Rok is a well-respected attorney, and Yoon Seo is a famous celebrity.

Yoon Seo begins working as Jung Rok’s secretary to get more acquainted for a future acting gig, and as much as he despises this situation, he reluctantly agrees.

Otherwise known as Sunny and the Grim Reaper, the demand for Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na to reunite in a series was so strong after “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God.” Their chemistry in that series was so strong and unforgettable that people couldn’t help but get emotional over the inevitable heartbreak of their romance. “Touch Your Heart” managed to redeem all the heartbroken fans while also giving all the butterflies.

Watch “Touch Your Heart” here:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** New character posters from tvN’s upcoming Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 is another delicious feast for the eyes. LDW and KB  look so hot and handsome without even trying. They look even more stunning and hotter in season 2. A good styling for both of them. The drama premieres next month on May 6, following Pandora: Beneath the Paradise in the weekend slot.   :Megathanks:

10+ Best K-Drama Couple Photoshoots, According To Netizens

Did your favorite K-Drama couple make the list?

Just as K-Drama couples fall in love onscreen, fans worldwide fall in love with the characters, often not wanting the show to end as they enjoy the onscreen couple’s chemistry.

While the storylines all end and the actors move on to different projects, the show and the promotional materials live on.

Recently, netizens on a popular Korean online community board reminisced about some of the best K-Drama couple photoshoots.

3. “Tale Of The Nine Tailed”

Jo Bo Ah and Lee Dong Wook‘s connection has fans wishing the actress was reprising her role for more than a cameo appearance in season 2, Tale Of The Nine Tailed 1938.

BYcAOiGEQ_i2LOx-puPj6xbTfUDImWcm1jlB6fksvtCK6XrIBNLK6JfgSMuDdq2n4NCuYaQaUL81dEndUOVNoF8fqz-ahL21Gb59hGcjMPkv8g=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

mSCLNyEhFBivmP6fA1BdOjYHn7nMc_QJU2-wLcCC

Z-Y12cTZVXgBuMbEyko5XWGRACYqjnFKRyZOhpjS

(skipped unrelated.....P)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/best-k-drama-couple-photoshoots-netizens/

• Like 1

Watch: Lee Dong Wook Protects Kim Bum From Dangerous Forces Including Kim So Yeon In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Teaser

Watch: Lee Dong Wook Protects Kim Bum From Dangerous Forces Including Kim So Yeon In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Teaser

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has dropped a jam-packed new teaser!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

The newly released teaser begins with Yi Yeon’s half-brother Yi Rang (Kim Bum) from 1938 sporting a rebellious and defiant gaze. As he lights his cigarette, an unexpected rifle shot takes out his flame with frightening aim. The scene is followed by Yi Yeon’s nagging, “Stop smoking, you brat!” Their tense riffle battle and Yi Rang’s question, “Hyung, you still haven’t died yet?” tease the return of Yi Rang’s hostility toward Yi Yeon.

Yi Yeon questions, “If the past changes, does the present also change?” However, as Yi Yeon starts to look after Yi Rang more, the brothers face dangers from both the former “Mountain Goddess of the West” Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) and the former “Mountain God of the North” Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo). Ryu Hong Joo chillingly declares, “Try and save him if you can.”

Fierce action ensues, and Yi Yeon warns, “If you even dare touch a hair on my younger brother’s head…”

The teaser ends with Yi Yeon stating, “Foxes repay kindness but also take revenge.”

Check out the teaser below!

https://www.facebook.com/tvNDrama/videos/221445740488371/

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Pandora: Beneath the Paradise.” Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1579591wpp/watch-lee-dong-wook-protects-kim-bum-from-dangerous-forces-including-kim-so-yeon-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-teaser

*** The promos are coming in plenty for tvN’s upcoming sequel Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938.  I enjoyed all the promos -  teasers, photos and posters. I highly anticipate the premiere even more. It looks like they are pulling the best of the first season into the sequel. I'm glad they retained the best aspect of the show, which was the two brothers. LDW will be in action here. I never thought he'll be so good in action genre. I love Lee Yeon with different weapons in this season. It'll be the best pairing for me. Everything makes me feel so excited. The story and setup looks promising.   :shaq:

*** I want to re-watch "Goblin" while waiting for LDW's upcoming drama with Kim Bum. I missed the chemistry, undoubtedly, of the Goblin and the Grim Reaper. I missed their bromance. I missed this scene - In the said scene, Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) and the Grim Reaper (Lee Dong Wook) can be seen passing through a dimly lit tunnel as they walk the most dramatic walk. While looking at them would force one to think that the duo is headed out for a fierce battle, the duo here, on the contrary was out to get some green onions for dinner. hahaha -   :Megalol:  :blush:

*** It is still never a surprise that LDW is one of the most sought-after stars by brands and magazines for photoshoots and campaigns as his visuals and aura are always appealing. Please see slide of photos from his IG.   :sweet:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqzRDD8SOtk/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=13317c0b-1743-40d0-b3a8-5de4d7d7854d

*** In his interview with this spread, Lee Dong Wook shared, “I’m happy and glad to be able to play Lee Yeon again. I’m excited to present the work that we’ve put a lot of effort into with the director and writer since the last season. I’d be grateful if the viewers enjoy it as well. As the times have changed, so has the character’s behavior. I’ll be firmly protecting my love for Nam Ji Ah, so you’ll be able to see me trying to regain and protect other things.”   :twerk2:

b8604f8d-83bd-453e-8c98-52b5c7768eeb.jpg

source : https://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/379437

*** ‘Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938’ to stream exclusively on Prime Video globally starting May 6. The series will definitely be a fun watch. Prime Video subscribers in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, and Japan can watch a new episode of the drama weekly, every Saturday and Sunday. The show will launch globally everywhere else later in the summer.   :heart2beat:

Fox2_31770694d8.jpg

source : https://mb.com.ph/2023/4/18/lee-dong-wook-s-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-to-stream-exclusively-on-prime-video

*** In an exclusive interview with the broadcast network tvN, LDW expressed his happiness to be able to play Lee Yeon once again. According to him, he is grateful to appear in a work that he worked hard on with the director and the production unit since the first season. He guarantees that "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938" brings an upgraded touch to its prequel. He says that "change" is the main point in the series that fans should watch for. Times have changed so there will be changes in behavior and other things, too."    :Megathanks:

tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-stills.jpg?

photo source : Kdramastars

*** The newly released teaser of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed” begins with Yi Yeon confidently introducing himself, “I’m Yi Yeon. I’m this generation’s hero.” The mission he has been given is to find the guardian stone and return before it’s too late. However, the generation he arrives at is 1938, which is very different from his expectations. The first person to welcome him is former Mountain Goddess of the West Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon).   :heart3:

202304190912176310_1_20230419091704911.j

Watch: Lee Dong Wook Relives Both The Good And Bad Memories Of The Past In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Teaser

Watch: Lee Dong Wook Relives Both The Good And Bad Memories Of The Past In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Teaser

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has dropped a new teaser!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

The newly released teaser begins with Yi Yeon confidently introducing himself, “I’m Yi Yeon. I’m this generation’s hero.” The mission he has been given is to find the guardian stone and return before it’s too late. However, the generation he arrives at is 1938, which is very different from his expectations.

The first person to welcome him is former Mountain Goddess of the West Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon), who shares, “I’m pretty but also good at fighting.”

However, what frightens Yi Yeon even more is his former self from 1938, who at the time, had nearly lost his senses from longing after Ah Reum (Jo Bo Ah). A brief look shows him crying as he laments, “Why can’t you be reborn?”

Nevertheless, Yi Yeon can’t afford to act leisurely as danger surrounds him at every corner. There is his rebellious younger half brother Yi Rang (Kim Bum), his once best friend and former Mountain God of the North Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo), as well as a foreign monster from another land who is scheming to destroy them. Yi Yeon concludes by stating, “Past relationships—good and evil—begin anew.”

Check out the teaser below!

https://www.facebook.com/tvNDrama/videos/633498052125045/

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Pandora: Beneath the Paradise.” Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581187wpp/watch-lee-dong-wook-relives-both-the-good-and-bad-memories-of-the-past-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-teaser

Spoiler

Lee Dong Wook’s Peaceful Life Randomly Turns Upside Down In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

Lee Dong Wook’s Peaceful Life Randomly Turns Upside Down In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed” has dropped a first look at Lee Dong Wook in the upcoming season!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

Previously in May 2022, it was confirmed that Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum will be returning for Season 2 joined by Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo. Director Kang Shin Hyo and scriptwriter Han Woo Ri from Season 1 will be reuniting for the new project.

Ahead of the upcoming Season 2 premiere next month, tvN has dropped a glimpse of Yi Yeon in “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938.” Before all the chaos ensues, Yi Yeon’s life looks peaceful. With a shy smile, Yi Yeon peers into a glass case of ice cream, sincerely pondering which flavor he should get.

Lee-Dong-Wook-2.jpeg

Although Yi Yeon appears to lead a regular life in modern society where there is Wi-Fi, mint chocolate chip ice cream, and his dear lover, it’s clear that his connection to the afterlife has not been completely severed. In the following still, Yi Yeon is seated at the Afterlife Immigration Office that is protected by Taluipa (Kim Jung Nan). Now that Yi Yeon has lost all his powers as a gumiho, what business does he have with Taluipa?

Lee-Dong-Wook-3.jpeg

Later, viewers’ interest is piqued further with a photo of Yi Yeon in the year 1938. Although his surroundings and the people nearby feel somewhat familiar, there are hints of foreign languages here and there. His bewildered expression reflects his discomfort and the upcoming turbulence he will soon face in this new setting. Stay tuned to find out what mission he must carry out all the way back in the year 1938!

Lee-Dong-Wook-1.jpeg

On making his return as Yi Yeon, Lee Dong Wook shared, “I’m happy and glad to act as Yi Yeon again. It’s exciting to again showcase a project I put a lot of effort in to with the director and writer since last season. I will be grateful if viewers enjoy it also.”

Lee Dong Wook chose “change” as a key point to look forward to, commenting, “As the time period has changed, there are also big changes in behavior. He is firmly guarding his love with Nam Ji Ah, so you will be able to see him work hard to recover and protect other things.”

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST following the conclusion of “Pandora: Beneath the Paradise.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581378wpp/lee-dong-wooks-peaceful-life-randomly-turns-upside-down-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938