[Drama 2024] Wonderful World, 원더풀 월드

larus

Wonderful World: Episodes 9-10

by solstices

Utterly exposed, the double-crossing deceivers can no longer hide behind their silence. Our heroine’s family may be crumbling around her, but she remains resolute in her resilience and unwavering in her beliefs — and her conviction might just save our anti-hero from his own crusade.

EPISODES 9-10

Decades ago, Soo-hyun had extended a compassionate hand to the battered and starving Yoo-ri, sheltering her from her abusive mother. Showered with Mom’s love under the roof of a warm household, the two girls had grown up like real siblings — which makes Yoo-ri’s betrayal cut twice as deep.

In the present, Mom chases the violent abuser away, protecting Yoo-ri like her own daughter. The nasty woman leaves, stealthily slipping the affair photo into Yoo-ri’s pocket. It sends Yoo-ri into a panic, but before she can salvage the situation, Soo-hyun reveals that she already knows. Instructing Yoo-ri to keep quiet until she clears her head, Soo-hyun bitterly declares that she can’t forgive her.

Once she’s alone in her car, Soo-hyun breaks down into devastated sobs, and at home, she hurls their family photo to the ground. It’s not their infidelity that hurts her, but their deceit that cuts deep. She’d endured the public scorn and picked herself back up for both their sakes, only to find out that they’ve been lying to her face.

All this while, both Soo-ho and Yoo-ri have had multiple opportunities to come clean — from the morning after their drunken tryst, to the days following Soo-hyun’s return. The affair photo hadn’t even included Yoo-ri’s face, as if giving them the chance to do the right thing and own up. Instead, they chose to double down and conceal their entanglement. They’ve been hiding behind the excuse of protecting Soo-hyun from the ugly truth, when they’re really doing it for their own sakes, in a cowardly attempt to detach themselves from their impulsive mistake.

Still, Soo-hyun is far too compassionate to completely turn her back on her loved ones. For Mom’s sake, Soo-hyun tells Yoo-ri that she won’t abandon her. Soo-hyun may be distancing herself from others once again, burned by her broken trust, but that doesn’t mean she’ll hang them out to dry. She won’t give Seon-yul the satisfaction of seeing her crumble.

As a last resort, Seon-yul resolves to target the one remaining person that Soo-hyun cares for. Soo-hyun arrives at Mom’s restaurant to find it in a mess, and when she frantically calls Mom, it’s Seon-yul who answers. By the time Soo-hyun arrives at the hospital, Seon-yul has left, and Mom has a concussion but is otherwise fine.

Rattled by the thought that Mom could be in danger, Soo-hyun heads out in search of Seon-yul. Coincidentally, his door lock has been picked by Soo-ho’s detective friend, so Soo-hyun sneaks in. A bit of snooping leads her to accidentally discover Seon-yul’s secret darkroom, where she finds herself stunned by the extent of his stalking and the countless photos he’s taken of her.

When Seon-yul drives home, he finds Soo-hyun waiting outside, bringing us back to the scene that opened our drama. For a moment, it almost seems like he’s going to run her down, but he stops short in front of her. It’s another tense confrontation, with Soo-hyun revealing that she knows his identity and Seon-yul derisively sneering that it must have hurt to see her mom hospitalized.

Refusing to rise to the bait, Soo-hyun leaves Seon-yul with the revelation that what happened to his mother hadn’t been a mere accident. It renders him stunned, having never considered that possibility, mired as he was in shock and grief.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/wonderful-world-episodes-9-10/

Here are the ratings for Episode 11! :).

20240406014234_Wonderful-World-The-Escap

"Wonderful World" Ratings Return To All-Time High As "The Escape Of The Seven: Resurrection" Rises For 3rd Episode

Both MBC’s “Wonderful World” and SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection” saw increases in viewership last night!

On April 5, “Wonderful World” kicked off the final two weeks of its run by climbing back up into the double digits. According to Nielsen Korea, the the hit drama returned to its all-time high of 11.4 percent for its latest episode, making it the most-watched program of any kind to air on Friday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1653369wpp/wonderful-world-ratings-return-to-all-time-high-as-the-escape-of-the-seven-resurrection-rises-for-3rd-episode

Looks like Soo Hyun's mom suffer from dementia(?) Then it seems that Seon Yul's dad was a scapegoat as he did it to protect his own son. Still.. it doesn't excuse him from killing another child sigh.

Just disappointed at Su Ho LoL. He is greedy with ambition and wonder what's his secret that Kim Joon holds over him?! 

Most female viewers are rooting for a budding romance between Soo Hyun, Seon Yul ahah!

Here are the ratings for Episode 12! :).

20240407022424_Hide-Queen-of-Tears.jpg?s

"Hide" Earns Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + "Queen Of Tears" Kicks Off 2nd Half At No. 1

MBC’s “Wonderful World” fell to an average nationwide rating of 6.8 percent ahead of its final week.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1653428wpp/hide-earns-its-highest-saturday-ratings-yet-queen-of-tears-kicks-off-2nd-half-at-no-1

On 4/7/2024 at 5:11 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

Looks like Soo Hyun's mom suffer from dementia(?) Then it seems that Seon Yul's dad was a scapegoat as he did it to protect his own son. Still.. it doesn't excuse him from killing another child sigh.

Just disappointed at Su Ho LoL. He is greedy with ambition and wonder what's his secret that Kim Joon holds over him?! 

Most female viewers are rooting for a budding romance between Soo Hyun, Seon Yul ahah!

Hi...

As the story continues, each of the actors/actresses seems to have their own past histories.

SUHO is an ambitious guy who wants to climb up the corporate ladder and he is taking a dangerous

route esp dealing with Kim Joon.

I think GunWoo dead is linked to Kim Joon, not sure how but we will find out soon.

• Blob 1

EVENT: Noona Romances with the BEST Chemistry

NR_6.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=1f96a09915e084d3

Noona romances - love them or hate them - do let us know which couples with an age gap had the best chemistry. :glasses:

Your Event Organizers

20240410022550_Kim-Nam-Joo-Cha-Eun-Woo.j

"Wonderful World" Finale's Running Time Extended To 90 Minutes

MBC’s “Wonderful World” has extended its series finale!

On April 9, MBC announced that “Wonderful World” had extended the running time of its final episode to 90 minutes. As a result, the finale will air 10 minutes earlier than usual: instead of airing at 9:50 p.m. KST, Episode 14 will begin airing at 9:40 p.m. KST on April 13.

Meanwhile, Episode 13 will air in its usual time slot at 9:50 p.m. KST on April 12.

The “Wonderful World” production team remarked, “In Episodes 13 and 14, which will serve as a final flourish, a mystery plot twist that has been hidden up until now will rise to the surface, and the punishment of the cruel politician Kim Joon will unfold.”

“Accordingly, after much deliberation, we decided to extend the running time [of the finale] in order to properly convey the characters’ stories,” they continued. “We will repay the viewers’ support with a final episode that is even more solid.”

The final two episodes of “Wonderful World” will air on April 12 at 9:50 p.m. KST and April 13 at 9:40 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1654098wpp/wonderful-world-finales-running-time-extended-to-90-minutes

20240412031646_kim-nam-joo-1-1.jpeg?s=90Kim Nam Joo Calls For The Truth To Be Revealed In "Wonderful World"

Apr 12, 2024
by S Nam

MBC’s “Wonderful World” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller starring Kim Nam Joo as Eun Soo Hyun, a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. Cha Eun Woo stars as Kwon Sun Yool, a former medical student who has led a rough life after suffering a devastating family tragedy.

Spoilers

Previously, Soo Hyun learned about the truth behind her son Gun Woo’s (Lee Joon’s) death. While investigating Sun Yool’s (Cha Eun Woo’s) mother Eun Min’s (Kang Myung Joo’s) accident, Soo Hyun learned that Su Ho (Kim Kang Woo) covered up the case despite knowing the truth. Soo Hyun continued to find Gun Woo’s tablet and realized that Kim Joon (Park Hyuk Kwon) hit Gun Woo after drinking and driving and ordered Sun Yool’s father Ji Woong (Oh Man Seok) to kill him.

The newly released stills capture Soo Hyun being accompanied by a lawyer with a great look of determination on her face while heading to a press conference to call for the truth regarding Gun Woo’s incident. Soo Hyun’s look of firm resolve raises anticipation for her confrontation against Kim Joon.

kim-nam-joo-3-.jpeg

However, Kim Joon is a presidential candidate with strong approval ratings who is willing to commit murder for the sake of success and power, making him a very difficult target. With Soo Hyun appearing stiff and tense during the press conference, viewers are curious to find out if she will successfully carry out the press conference.

kim-nam-joo-2.jpeg

Spoiler

kim-nam-joo-.jpeg

The production team shared, “In the April 12 broadcast of episode 13, all of Kim Joon’s cruel actions that were hidden will be revealed, and Soo Hyun and Kim Joon will have a fierce confrontation. Please watch until the end to see what results Soo Hyun’s resolve to unveil the truth of her son’s wrongful death will yield.”

• Like 1

Cha Eun Woo Is Torn Apart After Finding Out The Painful Truth In "Wonderful World"

Apr 12, 2024
by S Kim

MBC’s “Wonderful World” has shared new stills featuring Cha Eun Woo in a pitiful state.

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller starring Kim Nam Joo as Eun Soo Hyun, a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. Cha Eun Woo stars as Kwon Sun Yool, a former medical student who has led a rough life after suffering a devastating family tragedy.

Spoilers

Previously, Kwon Sun Yool was shocked to find out the truth about the heart surgery that saved his life in the past. It was revealed that Sun Yool’s father Ji Woong (Oh Man Seok) killed Eun Soo Hyun’s son Gun Woo (Lee Joon), who was hit by Kim Joon’s (Park Hyuk Kwon‘s) car, in exchange for saving Sun Yool’s life.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills capture Sun Yool with an empty facial expression as if he has given up on everything.

wonderful-world-01.jpeg

The sight of Sun Yool drinking alone with no one around tugs at viewers’ heartstrings. As he learned that Gun Woo lost his life at the hands of his father, Sun Yool has no choice but to distance himself from Soo Hyun, who provides comfort to him.

wonderful-world-04.jpeg

wonderful-world-02.jpeg

Viewers are curious to find out whether Sun Yool will be able to continue his solidarity with Soo Hyun and whether he will be able to escape from a whirlwind of fate and find freedom.

Spoiler

wonderful-world-03.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1654572wpp/cha-eun-woo-is-torn-apart-after-finding-out-the-painful-truth-in-wonderful-world

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 13! :).

20240413022253_Cha-Eun-Woo-Kim-Nam-Joo.j

"Wonderful World" Heads Into Finale On No. 1 Ratings

MBC’s “Wonderful World” returned to its all-time ratings high ahead of its final episode!

On April 12, “Wonderful World” nearly doubled its viewership ratings for its penultimate episode, matching the show’s previous personal record. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the drama shot back up to an average nationwide rating of 11.4 percent, marking a jump of nearly 5 percent from its previous episode last Saturday—and making it the most-watched program of any kind to air on Friday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1654638wpp/wonderful-world-heads-into-finale-on-no-1-ratings

Kim Nam Joo, Cha Eun Woo, And More Thank Viewers As "Wonderful World" Comes To An End

Apr 13, 2024
by E Cha

The stars of MBC’s “Wonderful World” shared their final farewells ahead of the series finale!

With the hit drama winding to a close, leading lady Kim Nam Joo expressed her gratitude by remarking, “I’d like to sincerely thank all the viewers who trusted Eun Soo Hyun and have stayed with her up until now. I was able to enjoy many happy moments thanks to being a part of the amazing drama ‘Wonderful World.’”

She playfully added, “To everyone who was part of ‘Wonderful World,’ I want to say that you were truly ‘wonderful.’”

Kim-Nam-Joo.jpeg

Meanwhile, ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo reflected on how his character had helped him grow as an actor.

“I was able to feel a lot of different emotions while playing the role of Kwon Sun Yool,” he said. “I think that ‘Wonderful World’ made it possible for me to grow [as an actor], so I’m grateful. I was honored to have been able to make many memories with the director, writer, cast, and crew that I will remember for a long, long time.”

Cha Eun Woo went on, “From the bottom of my heart, I sincerely thank the fans who always send their love and support, along with all the viewers who laughed and cried together while watching our drama. I hope that each and every one of your days is ‘wonderful.’”

Cha-Eun-Woo.jpeg

Kim Kang Woo expressed his deep fondness for the drama and his co-stars, noting, “This drama was an even happier one for me because I was able to work together with senior and junior actors that I have always respected and admired. So I always felt happy on my way to the filming set, and the time I spent on set has stayed with me in the form of a truly precious drama. I’d like to sincerely thank my co-stars, the staff who always worked so hard, and the viewers who gave their love to ‘Wonderful World.’”

Kim-Kang-Woo.jpeg

Finally, Im Se Mi commented, “I felt grateful every moment that I was on the filming set. It was an honor to be able to work together with such an amazing director, cast, and crew during filming. Thank you for giving us so much love and interest up until now. Regardless of where you are, I hope that the days of everyone who watched this drama together with us will always be ‘wonderful.’”

Spoiler

Im-Se-Mi.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1654672wpp/kim-nam-joo-cha-eun-woo-and-more-thank-viewers-as-wonderful-world-comes-to-an-end

SooHyun mentioned that she got anor child, is this true?  Although she had forgiven SuHo but it didnt show her reconciling with her husband nor screen them as a family of 3. Abit too rush & abrupt ending. 

by Lily Alice, April 14, 2024
6 0

MBC's Wonderful World concluded its run, scoring ratings of 9.2%(nationwide) and 8.7% (metropolitan). It commenced with a nationwide rating of 5.3%, its lowest of all time, and was on a streak of single-digit nationwide viewership till episode 8. Its highest was 11.4% (episodes 9, 11, 13). Throughout its run, the K-drama consistently garnered higher ratings for its Friday episodes compared to the Saturday episodes. 

The average viewership of Wonderful World is 8.4% (nationwide) and 8.3%(metropolitan). 

jQ2Rn8_2f.png

https://mydramalist.com/article/wonderful-world-wraps-up-with-decent-ratings

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2024] Wonderful World, 원더풀 월드-Kim Nam-joo, Cha Eun woo-Fri& Sat@21:50 KST

Wonderful World: Episodes 13-14 (Final)

by solstices

It’s time to close the chapter on this tale of grief and healing, as our protagonists put their regrets to rest. At long last, they embark hand-in-hand on a call for justice, and along the way, they’ll come to find that love — in all its forms — is far more powerful than hate can ever be.

EPISODES 13-14

The truth behind Geon-woo’s unjust death has been brought to light, and Seon-yul finally realizes the full events of that day. His heart condition had abruptly deteriorated, and that had been the catalyst that pushed his father to take the fall in exchange for an immediate heart transplant. His father had killed someone’s son to save his own; Seon-yul lives, now, because Geon-woo is dead.

Anguished by his own role in the murder, Seon-yul finally utters his first apology to Soo-hyun, tears spilling down his cheeks. He owes his life to her son, yet he’s squandered so much of it in futile vengeance against her, a fellow victim. In response, Soo-hyun reassures him that it’s not his fault, then apologizes in turn for the hurt she’s dealt to his family.

Resolving to expose Joon’s crimes and serve justice, Soo-hyun takes the evidence to an attorney. Unfortunately, Joon’s widespread influence stops them in their tracks, thwarting their press conference and news articles.

At home, there’s more trouble brewing. Cowed by Joon’s threats to Soo-hyun’s safety, Soo-ho ransacks her room and steals Geon-woo’s tablet. Vindictively, Joon smashes it with a golf club, crowing that Soo-hyun will have her hands tied without the original evidence.

Still, Joon hasn’t accounted for Soo-hyun’s resilience and ingenuity. Circumventing Joon’s media embargo by holding a press conference for her book, Soo-hyun announces that her next book will be based on true events — the actual culprit behind the murder of her son, whom she boldly names as Joon.

The ensuing media frenzy leads to the opening of a criminal case, though Joon weasels his way through with honeyed words and manipulative PR. Desperate to topple Joon, Seon-yul attempts to provoke him, and they end up tussling on the ledge of a rooftop — but he’s quickly bested by Joon’s lackeys, and his voice recorder gets confiscated.

Amidst the scrutiny, Soo-hyun holds a public protest. At first, she’s alone, but she’s soon met with an outpouring of support from all the people she’s helped and uplifted over the years. Eventually, people arrive to join her in her protest, standing in solidarity even when Joon’s aides try to disrupt it. Seon-yul shields Soo-hyun from their rotten eggs, and amidst the crowd, we see familiar faces — Min-hyuk, Soo-jin, Soo-ho’s brother, and Yoo-ri.

Just then, a nearby billboard lights up with a news broadcast. It’s Soo-ho, delivering breaking news to screens all across the nation — and exposing Joon as a criminal. Soo-ho has been playing the long con; after Seon-yul had approached him to join hands, he’d ingratiated himself with Joon, waiting for the right time to strike.

That time has come. Courtesy of Joon’s mistreated secretary, whom Seon-yul had maneuvered into their plan, Soo-ho airs videos of Joon smashing the tablet and smugly admitting to his crimes on the rooftop. Then, Soo-ho takes out Geon-woo’s tablet — the real one — and plays the damning evidence on live television.

With the nation’s fervent support turned against him in an instant, Joon goes to trial. After a series of witness testimonies, from Hye-geum to Seon-yul, Joon is dealt his verdict — guilty, with life imprisonment. After the courtroom clears out, Soo-hyun envisions Geon-woo sitting next to her, comforting her like he always used to.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/wonderful-world-episodes-13-14-final/

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2024] Wonderful World, 원더풀 월드