[Drama 2024] Hide, 하이드

larus

@partyon Besides Hide, there are two more thriller and suspense storyline drama that you should not miss, "Nothing Uncovered" and "Blood free", Han Hyo Joo is CEO who tries to create superior food chain alongside bodyguard, Ju Ji-hoon - sci-fi  thriller - I hope you watch them too :)

• Insightful 1

O wow... Plot escalated a lot. Am at the start of ep 7 now. Did you guys see Sun Jae slapped Moon Young back when she hit him with the golf club? And gaslighting her that it's all her fault for not letting things be as it is. Some people might drop the drama because of this latest reveal, but I'm more intrigued to see what's gonna happen to those two. 

Great acting from all the leads! I really like seeing Lee Chung Ah playing antagonist for once. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

End of ep.7 showing Moon Young having the upper hand against Ha Yeon Joo, but we still have 5 more episodes to go... Can't be that soon. And we're introduced to one of the sons played by yet another senior actor. So there are more intrigues? I'm so tempted to say that ending at ep.8 might be better, but sure, bring it on. Just don't make the drama become draggy please...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Besides Hide, there are two more thriller and suspense storyline drama that you should not miss, "Nothing Uncovered" and "Blood free", Han Hyo Joo is CEO who tries to create superior food chain alongside bodyguard, Ju Ji-hoon - sci-fi  thriller - I hope you watch them too 

Thanks for the recommendations, chingu! :fullofhearts:

I'm gonna pass on "Nothing Uncovered" because it features the actor who played in Empress Ki. @Sleepy Owl and I ended up calling him Cockroach, because he - just - wouldn't - die during the 51 episode run. :rage:

I will try "Blood Free" because it features my Ju Ji Hoon oppa. :kiss_wink:

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Did you guys see Sun Jae slapped Moon Young back when she hit him with the golf club? And gaslighting her that it's all her fault for not letting things be as it is.

Yes, he's a horrible hubby. Nice to see you on this thread, chingu! :dorakiss:

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

new stills....hmm...  

Interesting stills...Wonder if this is a flashback scene?

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

So there are more intrigues? I'm so tempted to say that ending at ep.8 might be better, but sure, bring it on. Just don't make the drama become draggy please...

You don't have to be worried about it getting draggy. There is plot twist after plot twist thrown in our faces in every episode. That's what happens when you condense a 3 season drama into 12 episodes. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

its my first time seeing lee chung ah ..havent seen her before

if she is the long lost sister ..still i dont see the reason for such hate and vengance ..if he is not really her dad ..she might be just using him for dirty jobs but why pose as her dad ?

appreantly MY lied about id her father..or somthin

mr Do might be used as a pawn now 

i find strange that at this recap ..they didnt get 

https://www.thereviewgeek.com/hide-s1e8review/

why chairman son forgave the cookie monster about the money ! 

ep 8 gave us the answer.. cause he wants his father dead 

• Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

On 4/14/2024 at 11:56 PM, partyon said:

4) Did you notice that it was an elderly woman who stole the briefcase at the airport? At first I thought it was "My son can do no wrong" MIL, but I don't think it was her.

It is her, right? She gave back the briefcase to SJ in the car. It wasn't stolen, SJ planned for the documents to be taken to safety by another person. He is smart for always having a back-up plan and maneuvering his way. I wonder who the man who helped with the initial switch of briefcase though. 

On 4/15/2024 at 9:06 PM, Tango27 said:

whats the purpose behind SJ appearing and trying to revice chairman ? i though he was without any moral..

He is without moral. He needed Chairman to be alive so he could carry out his plan countering the chairman's son and Yeon Joo. 

Spoiler
On 4/16/2024 at 1:09 AM, lila21 said:

While she was away, someone snuck in and tried to murder the old man, his father,

The person who went in was the driver who is supposed to bring him somewhere. But when chairman went into shock, the driver tried to find his medicine but the drawers were emptied out. So he quickly got to the first aid kit in the car, and trying to save chairman by injecting medicine. SJ actually intercepted with the saving attempt, so YJ's plan of letting chairman die was successful.

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

If I was the Cookie lady, and a certain lady who sucks at baking cookies, would continue to ask for tea parties, I would certainly make it my life mission to her life hell :loolz:

I just voted for that option in the poll only because I feel for Cookie lady who puts so much effort in teaching everyone how to bake cookie, and the worst person at that just cares about tea parties (and also skips some for no reason) :isannoyed:

Jokes apart, I did have doubts about Bom being Jin Woo's daughter but the only piece which sort of doesn't sit well in the puzzle for me is the fact that Moon Young was the one who gave him the orphanage info where his daughter was, and they confirmed that she was adopted. If Moon Young and her husband did really adopt Bom, then surely Moon Young would know which orphanage she was in. Anyway, I am still inclining towards this theory thinking that writers will have some logical reason behind this. 

Secondly there were surely some subtle hints towards romance between Jin Woo and Moon Young, but I just think that they don't really have enough time for that left with only 4 episodes remaining in the drama. They might end the drama with an open end wrt their feelings for each other maybe. 

Talking about the Cookie lady's revenge against Moon Young, seeing the latest ep, it surely something more personal than Moon Young prosecuting her or causing disturbance in her previous works. I do think its related to something his father did, like killing her father and faking his death using his dead body. It might be why Cookie lady made Moon Young's husband follow the same path as well. There's too much parallel in between Moon Young's dad case, and her husband's case, and that is something the writer has been hinting towards with the flashbacks Moon Young was having. There's a chance that Cookie Lady believes "Child must bear the sins of the parents", and maybe that's why she is being punished here, for living a comparatively better life than her despite her father's sin. 

But then again, it might be related to Moon Young being directly related to Cookie Lady's dad as well, sort of prosecuting him and leading his death in jail or so. But seeing how Moon Young's father has been serving Cookie Lady, it seems like he faked his death like her husband, and then stole Cookie Lady's father's identity like her husband was planning to do with Tae Soo's identity. 

Overall I am enjoying the drama and look forward to this week's episode. I hope they end it well, and not rush the ending. The pacing of this drama has been pretty good, and I hope the writer continues to do a good job with the ending :hwaiting:

On 4/18/2024 at 12:15 AM, partyon said:

I'm gonna pass on "Nothing Uncovered" because it features the actor who played in Empress Ki. @Sleepy Owl and I ended up calling him Cockroach, because he - just - wouldn't - die during the 51 episode run. :rage:

Let's just not remember that dude Noona. That guy had the main character aura when it came to facing death and would somehow dodge it throughout the drama :isannoyed:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Tango27 said:

i need somebody to make an MV with MY and JW with the ost part 1

Too bad @gm4queen chingu isn't watching this drama. :crybaby:

She would make a beautiful MV of Moon Young and Do Jin Woo.... :bawling:

2_23ec6d78_88f3_44dc_b9b2_1667e7a813b4_e

Did anyone see this BTS video btw? Lee Bo Young and Lee Min Jae (actor playing Do Jin Woo) are having fun behind the scenes. They're playing a game. It looks like they get really well along IRL, and that's probably why they have so good chemistry on screen. :heart:

I like how they added a heart after the text "the friendly convenience store photo shoot 🖤"

Season 8 Yes GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Sorry @lebeaucouple @ktcjdrama @rocher22 - I can't stop shipping them :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 4/18/2024 at 2:14 PM, ktcjdrama said:
Spoiler

The person who went in was the driver who is supposed to bring him somewhere. But when chairman went into shock, the driver tried to find his medicine but the drawers were emptied out. So he quickly got to the first aid kit in the car, and trying to save chairman by injecting medicine. SJ actually intercepted with the saving attempt, so YJ's plan of letting chairman die was successful.

Thank you

• Blob 1

Glad that Moon Young finally told the "truth". It's refreshing to see a lawyer who is this honest in a kdrama.

It was extremely predictable that Bom will be taken away from her. Guess ep 10 is going to be a difficult watch.

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Glad that Moon Young finally told the "truth". It's refreshing to see a lawyer who is this honest in a kdrama.

I agree. It's good she refuses to be under YJ's control because she will not stop manipulating them. Even after an apology, she still want to make MY suffer. 

I didn't think Bom is adopted because SJ would not care about her so much otherwise. Yes he did at one point abandon her by faking his death, but he still cares about her. 

Ep.10 preview is so exciting. Can't wait. But some stuff is starting to bother me in ep.9. First of all, how did the young YJ managed to survive when she couldn't find her dad? How did the adult YJ found MY's father? Then also, how could MY ask Bom to wait outside the house while she went in to check who was inside the house. I wouldn't leave the kid alone outside. The least I would do is put her in the car and lock the car maybe? That's not a good idea too though. Anyway, I would've also told Bom to stay away from Cookie Teacher. No need to tell her details, but just that she is not a person to be around, to trust. 

• Blob 1

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ep.10 preview is so exciting. Can't wait. But some stuff is starting to bother me in ep.9. First of all, how did the young YJ managed to survive when she couldn't find her dad? How did the adult YJ found MY's father? Then also, how could MY ask Bom to wait outside the house while she went in to check who was inside the house. I wouldn't leave the kid alone outside. The least I would do is put her in the car and lock the car maybe? That's not a good idea too though. Anyway, I would've also told Bom to stay away from Cookie Teacher. No need to tell her details, but just that she is not a person to be around, to trust. 

Agree with you. It's a bit annoying that they are throwing so much stuff into 12 episodes. It's too much and we're not getting enough background. What worries me is that they're gonna forget about Do Jin Woo's daughter and not have him meet her in the end.

One thing that I find also quite annoying is that there is no explanation on why Sung Jae turned so evil. I mean, it does look like he actually cared about Moon Young and protected her. There must have been love there in the start. He wouldn't have been able to fake it for over 20 years like that. And it seems like he didn't turn evil until a few years earlier. What happened?

I find him extremely cruel tbh. In ep 9 when he found out that her father wasn't dead, he scrunched up the photograph of her and her father and threw it on her. That's just plain psychopathic. Earlier he slapped her too. She did ask him when he became like this, but I would like to understand his motivations better than what they're just showing us at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I find him extremely cruel tbh. In ep 9 when he found out that her father wasn't dead, he scrunched up the photograph of her and her father and threw it on her. That's just plain psychopathic. Earlier he slapped her too.

I agree. Has he always been this evil? It can't be just because of YJ "contaminating" his mind with money. His evilness like inherent already. Not to mention the mother too... The whole family is just a mess!

• Blob 1

Just now, ktcjdrama said:

Has he always been this evil?

I doubt it. In the flashbacks we saw, he seemed to genuinely care for her and wanted to save her. No way can you hide your evil side for 20 years from your spouse. There would have been some signs for sure.

It annoys me that they aren't giving us more of a backstory for his change.

As @Tango27 pointed out, I do love a bit of makjang writing, so here's my totally made up BS theory of what happened :sweatingbullets: :D

1) Act 1:
Moon Young and Sung Jae have a happy marriage. Her parents-in-law are kinda shady, but still seem to care for her.

2) Fast forward a few years later....:
Moon Young discovers that she's infertile and can't have kids. Sung Jae's wanted to become an appa for years now, but they haven't been blessed with a little one.

Moon Young is unable to tell Sung Jae about her condition, because she's in debt to him and his family. She's scared she's going to be kicked out.

3) Moon Young makes a bold decision:

She says she wants to study and goes abroad. She calls Sung Jae and tells him she's pregnant. Sung Jae is overjoyed but doesn't have the possibility to visit Moon Young. He says he wants her to come home to Korea for the birth.

4) Moon Young covers it up:

She tells Sung Jae she gave birth prematurely and that she'll come home to Korea with the baby once baby is allowed to travel. She comes earlier to Korea and adopts a baby from an orphanage. Happy reunion - Sung Jae doesn't suspect a thing.

5) Bom's first years:

Happy family!

6) Bom gets hurt:

Bom has an accident and Sung Jae finds out Bom has a blood type which doesn't match his. He becomes suspicious and orders a DNA test behind Moon Young's back. Lo and behold, he isn't the father of Bom. He suspects Moon Young has been cheating on him.

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

7) Sung Jae changes:

He is bitter and angry at Moon Young for her betrayal. Little does he know Bom is not Moon Young's either. This is when his love for Moon Young dies. He can't abandon Bom though. She will always be his daughter - doesn't matter if they're blood related or not.

8 ) We find out who Bom's real father is:

Do Jin Woo

On Fire GIF

Could I be hired as a makjang writer @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng? :joy:

• LOL 1

I was not surprised that Moon Young decided to use Choi Ho Sik in the end. Cookie Lady had it coming for her when she decided to blackmail him.

I can understand why Cookie Lady is angry at Moon Young, but she is seriously deranged and needs psychological help. I am going to guess that she's going to end up dead by the end of this drama. Sung Jae too.

As expected, they took Bom. It is probably better for her to be in Shanghai while the adults have the last showdown.

One thing that I really liked is how they showed how Moon Young has a good team of people who are willing to stand up for what is right and expose the truth. Her BFF and even the cop are on always on her side.

But someone who touched my heart was Do Jin Woo. He stepped up his game as Moon Young's protector. Even with small things like him bringing her food when she's feeling down, or bringing Bom and Moon Young tonkatsu (I found it cute that Moon Young called Jin Woo the "motorcycle man" to Bom :D )

You can tell that she appreciates him and trusts him. Looking back at the distrust they both had towards each other in the start, and now they're almost like a couple. LOL

When she broke down on the parking lot and he said he would find Bom for her, I just wanted him to place a hand on her shoulder and comfort him.

But I think he was smart when he said that she needs to get it together now because they don't have time to waste - they need to get Bom back.

Even though we don't get any kind of romance at the end between the two, I still find it heartwarming to see what a deep and trusting friendship they have formed. I think there is still a possibility that it will be left open ended with some hints that a romantic relationship could be formed in the future.

• Blob 2

Coupang Play's mystery thriller Hide, also airing on JTBC, scored a nationwide rating of 4.55% for episode 10, dropping from its previous Sunday episode's rating of 4.70%. However, the latest episode observed a decent improvement in ratings from the previous one, which had a nationwide viewership of 4.13%.

60Lojg_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Hide?

Episode 11 of Hide will air on April 27 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/queen-of-tears-close-to-overtaking-crash-landing-on-you

• Blob 2

5 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

@partyon - is this drama going to squeeze the whole story into 1 season instead of 3? Because the original series were air in 3 seasons...

Looks like it! How did you like ep 9 and 10, chingu?

@Tango27 @lila21 @ktcjdrama @rocher22 @Sleepy Owl are you still watching the drama? How do you think it's gonna end this week?