[Drama 2024] Hide, 하이드

larus

@partyon Thanks for the spoiler, sorry too curious to know her ending...😄

The World of the Married - the female lead did go out with her colleague who work in the same hospital in the end..... (the colleague actor is now the Male lead in the drama HIDE, hahaha) 

Perhaps I am too focus on finding the truth of this drama and thus did not focus so much on their noona romance, if there is any in future. Currently I view them as "working partner" to find out where about the husband. But EP7 we have already known  the half truth, except the neighbour's female story...Let's see EP8

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

31 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Thanks for the spoiler, sorry too curious to know her ending...😄

Well you know they are putting together 3 seasons into 12 episodes and it seems they have changed a lot of the plot. So who the heck knows how this is gonna end.

Fairly sure our FL will get justice in the end anyway. The husband is really gross in this drama. No way will he or his little side piece win. This ain't a Thai lakorn, you know. :D

• LOL 2

Yes the husband is too much, he got an affair and yet blame the wife for exposing him. Of course I am sure the ending will get them in justice, but for their romance, if the director and writer plan to have one for Korean version, I rather let her get a better looking guy for Lee Bo Young, rather than the current one....😁kekeke

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1

13 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

I rather let her get a better looking guy for Lee Bo Young, rather than the current one....😁kekeke

Wait, you don't find this guy handsome?

c219b82e-f94c-40c4-9b44-01c931369e7c.jpg

Omo!

Bd3YoV_3f.jpg

• LOL 3

Lee Bo Young deserves a better looking guy, this guy looks too young for her, like a young brother 😁🤣 maybe he doesn't have that kind of chemistry look for her. 

Just like the wonderful world for Kim Nam Joo and Cha Eun Woo, this pair more like a mother and son only, their  chemistry can't spark any romance, and luckily they were not a couple in this drama. 

PS : Wonderful world is a good drama. FYI

• Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Just like the wonderful world for Kim Nam Joo and Cha Eun Woo, this pair more like a mother and son only, their  chemistry can't spark any romance, and luckily they were not a couple in this drama. 

But chingu, it's so sad we haven't seen Lee Bo Young have an onscreen kiss since... Whisper(?). At that time she was already married with kids. Ji Sung as well. He stopped doing kiss scenes in all of his latest dramas. I'm not sure if it's because their kids are older now?

But I think it's a bit strange because they are actors, and they should be able to separate their work and their private life.

Park Shin Hye had no problems smooching Park Hyung Sik in her latest drama despite being recently married and having a kid. Then again, who wouldn't want to kiss Park Hyung Sik oppa. :D

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

ep 7...the first scene

I liked that the FL hit and yelled only at her husband and she completely ignored YJ.

for a moment it seemed to me that the husband was, at least partially, putting on a show in the scene. :unsure:

MY - ''...you would've been an amazing dad...''....Im glad JW heard the kind words.  

:wub:

GK7PexIaEAAUQ2i?format=jpg&name=360x360

17 hours ago, partyon said:

Why do I keep going back to thinking it could be Bom....? Is it too farfetched of a theory, peeps? We don't know - but Bom could be adopted for all we know.

:approves:

I didnt understand what happened to that high school girl. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I liked that the FL hit and yelled only at her husband and she completely ignored YJ.

Yes, way too often we see the FL hitting the mistress instead of the hubby. If anyone is going to be hit (I do not advise hitting - violence is never the answer, peeps), then it's for sure the cheating hubby who deserves the beating. He is the one who made the choice and betrayed his wife.

MY - ''...you would've been an amazing dad...''....Im glad JW heard the kind words.  

I wish the director could have stayed a bit longer on this scene.

I didnt understand what happened to that high school girl. 

I think she ran away after abandoning the child? Am assuming she didn't want the child to know that she was fathered by a convict. Had she kept the baby herself, it might have been hard for her to keep it a secret.

PS. Am planning on watching ep 8 on Viki as soon as it comes out (am assuming in about 3 hours). If anyone wants to watch it together as a watch party on Viki, let me know.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, partyon said:

But chingu, it's so sad we haven't seen Lee Bo Young have an onscreen kiss since... Whisper(?). At that time she was already married with kids. Ji Sung as well. He stopped doing kiss scenes in all of his latest dramas. I'm not sure if it's because their kids are older now?

But I think it's a bit strange because they are actors, and they should be able to separate their work and their private life.

Park Shin Hye had no problems smooching Park Hyung Sik in her latest drama despite being recently married and having a kid. Then again, who wouldn't want to kiss Park Hyung Sik oppa. :D

no she did have kisses in ( when my love blooms ) but they were not hot kisses lol even tho she had chemistry with him

but ur right but its not the actors choice.. cause they are actors its the ppl who keep casting them like this cause they are well known couple.. lby suffered her entire career cause she was in a relatinship with a known actor .. this stupid  $$$ only happens in korea..but the truth is that they streotyped her since her marriage.. that is true but i dont think she has any say

kim hee-ae been married since the 90s and she has the most sexy roles !!!!.. all young or whatever why ? cause her husband is unknown or because they think she is sexy mama wth..its this streo typing

regarding this drama.. yes the writer changed so much including the age of the second guy so i dont know if anything gonna happen but i do see chemistry ..

i can see them being cute in another drama ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

there is some stuff i still dont understand like when was this relationship between joo and SJ ? 

was her kidnapped or is it a fake like MY said ...so they use her to finish the unfinished

why is chairman living with joo away from his family in the first place

38 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Lee Bo Young deserves a better looking guy, this guy looks too young for her, like a young brother 😁🤣 maybe he doesn't have that kind of chemistry look for her. 

PS : Wonderful world is a good drama. FYI

have you seen dramas like ( pale moon ) with kim seo hyung or secret love affair ..those were seriious sexy relatinship with a very big age gab that actually showed ..lby at least does look very innocent and young for her age esp with longer hair that a noona romance could work .. but with kim seo hyung i was cringing all the time they were having sex scenes with a guy 25 years younger cause she did look like an aunt ..but that was what the story like

May be an image of 1 person

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, Tango27 said:

lby suffered her entire career cause she was in a relatinship with a known actor .. this stupid  $$$ only happens in korea..but the truth is that they streotyped her since her marriage.. that is true but i dont think she has any say

Am not sure if it's really her choice. Honey Lee and Kim Hee Sun are not doing kissing scenes anymore either. And both definitely pass the sexy vibe check.

:crybaby:

I don't care, the Female Lead should definitely get some kind of comeuppance in the form of a hot babe for the dirty cheating husband and MIL she was dragging around for years. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Only snippets of the original and I happen to know that in the original drama....

MAJOR SPOILER - DON'T OPEN UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT THE ORIGINAL KEEPING FAITH FL'S LOVE LIFE

Reveal hidden contents

She does end up having a romance with another man than her husband in the end. Actually, she even ends up pregnant...And the baby is not her husband's.

But knowing that this is a kdrama where the Female Lead is supposed to be depicted holier than the holiest (LOL), am fairly sure that they will change this arc.

Oh, am surprised to hear that. I actually find them to have quite nice chemistry.

I think it's unfair that women whose husbands cheat in kdramas always end up alone in the end. Dr Cha, Mine, The World of the Married, etc.

The FLs are allowed to find a new nice guy too, you know. Especially a younger one :naughty:

Oh well, @Latte_Anyday and I will keep shipping them - haha :joy:

did you actually watch the show or just read the recaps ..i only read now and then and didnt get to series 3 

they did change it so much it hardely looks like a remake...like adding the ancient kdrama elements of the dad killing himself cause of debt and the young ppl getting together since they were young..

look i am actually thinking about a noona romance drama for them ...let me present it to the drama gods who never ever listened to me before lol

you gona love my ideas 

• LOL 3

1 minute ago, Tango27 said:

did you actually watch the show or just read the recaps ..

I watched snippets and then read some recaps as well. Agree that they changed the plot a lot. I doubt e.g. that they will be introducing the FL's mother in this drama. And the husband was "dead" for a lot longer in the original work (the whole first season I think?)

3 minutes ago, Tango27 said:

like adding the ancient kdrama elements of the dad killing himself cause of debt and the young ppl getting together since they were young..

Yeah, watch there be a truck of doom appearing from somewhere before this drama is over. :joy:

kdrama-truck-of-doom-truck-of-doom.gif

4 minutes ago, Tango27 said:

look i am actually thinking about a noona romance drama for them ...let me present it to the drama gods who never ever listened to me before lol

They never listen to me either. :criesariver: Am always shipping the wrong couple. :crybaby:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@partyon and @Tango27

I hope this drama not going to turn into a romance drama as the story went so far is more in a thriller and suspense mode...i am still enjoying peeling the onion for this drama....😁😁

LBY had kiss sense before but not hot.

Married woman like Kim so Yeon also got lots of kissing scenes, especially in Penthouse I and II, so I guess it could be from the directors or writer decision.

I have just watched EP8 but i don't want to spoil it, as I saw the preview for EP9, it will be a surprise in EP9 for FL.

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Park Hyung Sik - i only like his two drama, "Happiness" his look and body size bigger after his military which look healthier , another one "Soundtrack 1 ".

I wanted to watch his "Suits" drama, but no time, so I gave up.

Currently, he looks too skinny, not so manly anymore...lol. 

----------------------------------

Talking about romance story that can spark me. I like something that can inspire or related to our life :

I am currently watching one Taiwan Drama called "Imperfect us" (aka We are not kind enough)

Synosis :

The story begins with an outfit clash. Two women who were born on the same month and the same day, not only fell in love with the same man but also often bought the same clothes. They were rivals in love when they were young, and for 10 years, they have been using clues on Facebook to fantasize about each other's better life and feel jealous. Unexpectedly, they meet again....one already got married with a kid, while another one still single with better career job. When people look back, most of them love to compare things with others when you don't own it. What you don't get is always the most charming and enviable.

I hope you can watch it one day in Viki.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I have just watched EP8 but i don't want to spoil it, as I saw the preview for EP9, it will be a surprise in EP9 for FL.

I just finished ep 8. Is it just me or is this drama just getting better?

:highonflowers:

I knew her dad was alive! That's why I asked in the previous poll about it already.

Thoughts:

1) My guess is that Cookie monster lady is after Moon Young because the body that Moon Young identified in the mortuary was actually the lady's real dad. Seems like Moon Young's dad did a similar disappearing act as Cha Seung Jae back in the day, and he might have killed the person who took his place (like Hwang Tae Soo). Or at least been involved in it somehow. Moon Young making the "mistake" of identifying the body as her dad, causing Cookie Monster lady's dad's disappearance never to be investigated, might have triggered her.
(Cookie Monster lady did say to Wheelchair haraboji that she never got to experience her dad's love so it's clear that he died when she was young).

Cookie Monster lady blames Moon Young for it all, and somehow dad is paying for his sins by having to be her lackey in all dirty work.

2) There are more and more allusions to Bom being the real daughter of Do Jin Woo. The director is making such interesting scene editing choices where it's hard not to start to think that Bom might have been adopted after all. Am also seeing this theory gaining traction in other places.

3) Regarding a possible romance between Moon Young and Do Jin Woo. Also in this episode, there were 2 scenes that foreshadowed something romantic happening:

• BFF comes in and says "What's going on here? Don't forget that I told my ex-husband that I'm in a relationship with Jin Woo. Can't be having a love triangle starting"
  • Do Jin Woo appears in front of Cookie Monster lady's house, and Cha Seung Jae gets visibly annoyed and clearly jealous saying "What is he doing here again?"

4) Did you notice that it was an elderly woman who stole the briefcase at the airport? At first I thought it was "My son can do no wrong" MIL, but I don't think it was her. I am going to guess they are planning on introducing Moon Young's real mother into this show....

Things are getting interesting....

@lebeaucouple @Tango27 @rocher22 @Latte_Anyday @lila21 thoughts on today's episode?

EDIT: I also put up a poll. Let's vote, peeps! :kiss_wink:

img.jpg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Shin Hwa has THE best lines ha-ha.

It really is gettin' too "makjang" for my liking rn but am stayin' for Lee Bo Young. I want Moon Young to get even with Dir. Joo. Actually don't know who's worse - Sung Jae or Dir. Joo? Ugh

Chairman Choi is dead , poor dude. I figured since he's the weakest. But what and how did Dir. Joo get connected to Moon Young's dad??

Sung Jae's mom has got to be the most awful mom ever. She would get her hands dirty to stop her son from going to prison. The patriarch only cares about keeping appearances. Facepalms.

Bom ah you're too young but surely you can tell how terrible your dad is?! I mean kids have good instincts. You must have overheard adult convos and etc? Ugh what a brat LoL

I really think Do Jin Woo should join the police force LoL. He does a better job than that lazy Bozo detective for sure. And well... he's better to look at too LoL.

• Like 1

boom that was a plot twist.. i was wondering wth was going to happen as everytime you think its over

i think no one saw that coming ..i thought the dad thing was random to give her a backstory

now the present sounds like a programmed plot to restart MY trauma which crazy stuff

the poll is crazy lol 

@partyon

the first question makes me think you were a makjang  drama writer in your past life

• LOL 2

Coupang Play's mystery thriller Hide scored a nationwide rating of 4.27% for episode 7, dropping from its previous episode's rating and the previous Saturday episode's rating of 4.95% and 4.46%, respectively. The K-drama is now in its second half. 

QJmzEQ_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Hide?

Episode 8 of Hide will air on April 14 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/wonderful-world-wraps-up-with-decent-ratings

• Like 2

the ratings is such a big shame ..the show def deserves better...its unlucky that another show airing has similar premise or its that koreans just hate british remakes except world of the married ..or the fact that it airs exactly after queen of tears

i hope netflix takes it so at least it gets some international audiance

how does mr do actually make his living.. he working a full time job at chasing hubby and body guarding MY ..its amusing he appears in almost every scene now 

the murder scene was curious ..whats the purpose behind SJ appearing and trying to revice chairman ? i though he was without any moral..mr do appearing will def put him as witness or somthin

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Sung Jae's mom has got to be the most awful mom ever. She would get her hands dirty to stop her son from going to prison. The patriarch only cares about keeping appearances. Facepalms.

The mom is just awful :unamused:

17 hours ago, Tango27 said:

the first question makes me think you were a makjang  drama writer in your past life

Not in my past life. :joy: As an Event Organizer I have to let my creative juices flow, and well, sometimes my creativity goes a bit overboard. It goes makjang:joy:

2 hours ago, Tango27 said:

the ratings is such a big shame ..the show def deserves better...its unlucky that another show airing has similar premise or its that koreans just hate british remakes except world of the married ..or the fact that it airs exactly after queen of tears

I also don't understand. To me the show is just getting better with each episode.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

• Like 2

I don't know who is more evil in character between the 2 "sons" Cha Sung Jae and Choi Ho Sik. Cha Sung Jae killed Hwang Tae Soo together with his mother then took over the dead person's identity,   and live as Hwang Tae Soo. Sung Jae stole $80 billion won from the company he represents and put it in a paper company under the name of Hwang Tae Soo, ensuring that the only person who can touch the money in the paper company is "Hwang Tae Su" who is actually Cha Sung Jae. And according to Moon Young's conversation with the detective, the "dead" Sung Jae would leave a life insurance and lots of money named to his wife MY therefore making his wife the suspect of his "death" and sent to prison. MY should be doing her very best to get that SOB of a husband and mother in law sent to prison for murder. 

On the other hand Choi Ho Sik accused his father Choi Mo Won of having an affair with a younger woman and got his father booted out of his position as CEO. He now is the CEO of Geumsin Development and he got Sung Jae as the lawyer who stole 80 billion. But the last episode, it could tip the balance for worse child to CHS, or maybe not, they just as evil as the other. 

Spoiler

In this last episode Choi Ho Sik got the caregiver Ha Yeon Jo out of the house for a meeting at the company. While she was away, someone snuck in and tried to murder the old man, his father, but Cha Sung Jae for some reason went to the house and witnessed what was going on, fought with the assailant and tried to save the old man, at that time Do Jin Woo arrived. I am wondering if DJW will be wrongly accused by Sung Jae? Ha Yeon Joo on the other hand had some surprise for MY

• Blob 1