[Drama 2023] The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract, 열녀박씨 계약결혼뎐

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Leads “My Demon” As They Kick Off Ratings Battle

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Leads “My Demon” As They Kick Off Ratings Battle

Both MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” and SBS’s “My Demon” got off to promising starts last night!

On November 24, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” premiered at the top of its time slot. According to Nielsen Korea, the new time-slip romance drama starring Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk scored an average nationwide rating of 5.6 percent for its first episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1628333wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-leads-my-demon-as-they-kick-off-ratings-battle

Spoiler

Bae In Hyuk And Lee Se Young Get Married (Again) In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Bae In Hyuk And Lee Se Young Get Married (Again) In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has unveiled a sneak peek of Bae In Hyuk and Lee Se Young’s (second) wedding!

Based on the web novel of the same name, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (played by Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoilers

On the first episode of the drama, Kang Tae Ha suddenly passed away on his and Park Yeon Woo’s wedding night, turning her into a widow before they could even consummate their marriage. At the very end of the episode, a mysterious intruder kidnapped Park Yeon Woo and threw her into a well. However, when she opened her eyes underwater, she saw a man who looked exactly like Kang Tae Ha—except wearing modern-day clothing—swimming towards her to rescue her.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming second episode, Park Yeon Woo ties the knot with the 21-century Kang Tae Ha, who is as frosty and aloof as can be. As she walks down the aisle on her groom’s arm, Park Yeon Woo makes a stunning bride—but even though she wears a smile, she appears slightly nervous. Meanwhile, Kang Tae Ha steadfastly stares straight ahead.

Lee-Se-Young-Bae-In-Hyuk-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young-4.jpeg

Bae-In-Hyuk-4.jpeg

Later on, Kang Tae Ha suddenly dips Park Yeon Woo with a dramatic flourish, leading her to stare up at him in shock.

Bae-In-Hyuk-Lee-Se-Young-1.jpeg

The drama’s producers teased, “Starting from Episode 2 of ‘The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract,’ the comedic fantasy romance between Kang Tae Ha and Park Yeon Woo, who has traveled to present day, will begin in earnest.”

They added, “Please stay tuned to find out what kind of relationship will develop in present day between Kang Tae Ha and Park Yeon Woo, who puts her heartbreaking past behind her.”

To find out why Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha wind up getting married for the second time, catch the next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” on November 25 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1628423wpp/bae-in-hyuk-and-lee-se-young-get-married-again-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

I liked the first episode so far. 

The ML is so kind and nice guy. I like his smiles.  

The bridal night was beautiful and hilarious. And tragic. I guess TH's stepmother killed him. 

I wonder who is the mysterious Lady. :unsure:

YW and her maid are so chaotic and quick-witted duo.   :D

I laughed when SaWol shouted at the wedding ceremony...:lol:

the main leads for ELLE

F_mEy58aUAAQp0C?format=jpg&name=small

BIH IG Updates

F_rkB1EbkAAstg7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

by Lily Alice, November 25, 2023

The newly-released time-travel rom-com The Story of Park's Marriage Contract premiered with ratings of 5.6% (nationwide) and 5.3% (metropolitan), a strong start for the MBC drama. 

The Story of Park's Marriage Contract tells the story of Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), a woman from the Joseon era, and Kang Tae Ha (Bae In Hyuk), a man with a cold demeanor from the 21st century, entering a contract marriage. 

Z81zxk_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama The Story of Park's Marriage Contract?

Episode 2 of The Story of Park's Marriage Contract will air on November 25 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-story-of-park-s-marriage-contract-premiers-to-higher-ratings-than-my-demon

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract, 열녀박씨 계약결혼뎐 - Lee Se Young & Bae In Hyuk - Fri & Sat @ 21:50 KST

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

Three dramas soared to new all-time highs last night!

On November 25, MBC’s new drama “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” enjoyed a rise in viewership for its second episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the fantasy romance climbed to an average nationwide rating of 5.9 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1628461wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode

Omo...the scenes at the end of the second episode...:scream:

Grandpa & YW moments...  I laughed so much.... :lol:

I think TH's stepbrother is not a bad guy... I already like dynamic between him and Yeon Woo. 

the cliche scene...:D  but his dimples made it so lovely...  :wub:

1:50...she saw her reflection in the mirror...even though YW is from Joseon she recognized the quality 

of the fabric of her wedding dress...I liked that part..

• Blob 1

@Lmangla @kingpin @Ameera Ali @larus @sadthe1st @rocher22 I watched the first 2 episodes of this drama. The second episode was surprisingly funny. I definitely enjoyed this one more than My Demon.

Omo! Seems that they have had many sad encounters before. And he has a heart issue also in this life. Let's hope Yeon Woo finds the key to stop him from dying.

Lee Se Young is seriously stunning! :fullofhearts:

@Lmangla Wouldn't be surprised if you would like this drama. ;)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

by Lily Alice, November 26, 2023

Meanwhile, the MBC rom-com The Story of Park's Marriage Contract, which premiered with a nationwide rating of 5.6%, scored 5.9% for episode 2. Considering the slight improvement, the K-drama most likely will be a hit domestically.  

kAJo0d_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama The Story of Park's Marriage Contract?

Episode 3 of The Story of Park's Marriage Contract will air on December 1 (Friday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-demon-trends-on-netflix-in-70-countries-the-story-of-park-s-marriage-contract-ratings-rise

The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract: Episodes 1-2

by DaebakGrits

Yet another contract marriage K-drama has hit the airwaves, but this time our heroine hails from the Joseon era. She’s spunky, ambitious, and ahead of her time — until suddenly she isn’t. Transported to the year 2023, she finds herself woefully out of place and decidedly behind the times, but maybe the man with a familiar face will help her adjust to the 21st century.

Alas, her acceptance is short-lived. By the time she returns, Gu-won — fresh in mourning for his cake — snaps at her. Why would he care about her birthday? Hurt, Do-hee resumes her ice princess act. If we ever meet again, she says, be sure to show more manners. I don’t want people thinking you’re my ex.

But Do-hee’s got more on her mind than a botched romance. She’s neck-deep in a succession crisis. Do-hee’s parents died long ago in a car crash, and she was taken in by Madam Ju — who vastly prefers the acerbic Do-hee to her own, more disappointing children. Needless to say, said children take slight issue with this. However, Do-hee’s relationship with Madam Ju is unexpectedly adorable, albeit not without its dysfunction. Do-hee receives an urgent text from her boss-slash-surrogate-mother, directing her to the hospital. Our girl collapses, weeping, over Madam Ju’s sleeping form… only for Madam Ju to sit up, crack an eyelid, and laughingly present her with a birthday cake.

But Do-hee’s got more on her mind than a botched romance. She’s neck-deep in a succession crisis. Do-hee’s parents died long ago in a car crash, and she was taken in by Madam Ju — who vastly prefers the acerbic Do-hee to her own, more disappointing children. Needless to say, said children take slight issue with this. However, Do-hee’s relationship with Madam Ju is unexpectedly adorable, albeit not without its dysfunction. Do-hee receives an urgent text from her boss-slash-surrogate-mother, directing her to the hospital. Our girl collapses, weeping, over Madam Ju’s sleeping form… only for Madam Ju to sit up, crack an eyelid, and laughingly present her with a birthday cake.

My life, reflects Do-hee, feels like it’s shrouded in mist. Is everyone around me a foe? Ultimately, all she can do is trust herself… and take a chance on a demon. She plunges towards Gu-won, calling for help. Sure, he says. But you need to make a deal. Don’t worry about the specifics for now. Do-hee, businesswoman to the core, snaps that signing an unknown contract would be crazy. But with her life at stake… sure, let’s be crazy!

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/11/my-demon-episodes-1-2/

Gosh...this is my first time to join a kdrama thread again in six years of not being active on this forum.

This drama makes me laugh, tear up, smile, and being emotional. What a story! I think there would be a cycle between Yeon Woo and Kang Tae's love life. I wonder, why does the grandfather have the drawing of YW in the old Joseon era? The grandfather has a role in determining YW and KT's relationship.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2023 at 3:04 AM, partyon said:

The second episode was surprisingly funny. I definitely enjoyed this one more than My Demon.

i hope Tae Min will be siding Yeon Woo instead of his mom. he seems to be more of a free spirit than someone eyeing for the position as the heir..

• Awesome 1

Spoiler

Lee Se Young Leans On Bae In Hyuk’s Shoulder In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Lee Se Young Leans On Bae In Hyuk’s Shoulder In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has unveiled new stills of Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk!

Based on a web novel, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoilers

Previously, Park Yeon Woo, who traveled in time and landed in Seoul of 2023, married Kang Tae Ha, and the two began to live together in order to achieve their respective goals.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills capture subtle yet awkward vibes surrounding Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha. In the first set of stills, a drunk Park Yeon Woo takes Kang Tae Ha’s hand and pulls him toward her. Kang Tae Ha sits next to her with a puzzled facial expression.

lee-se-young-bae-in-hyuk-02.jpeg

lee-se-young-bae-in-hyuk-03.jpeg

When Park Yeon Woo leans gently on Kang Tae Ha’s shoulder, Kang Tae Ha tenses up and maintains his stiff posture. Viewers are curious to find out how Kang Tae Ha, who is known to be an emotionless person, will deal with the situation.

lee-se-young-bae-in-hyuk-01.jpeg

Spoiler

lee-se-young-bae-in-hyuk-04.jpeg

The next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” will air on December 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1629107wpp/lee-se-young-leans-on-bae-in-hyuks-shoulder-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

• Like 1

20231130095804_lee-se-young-joo-hyun-youLee Se Young Reunites With Joo Hyun Young In Present Day In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Nov 30, 2023
by S. Kim

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has shared a sneak peek of Lee Se Young and Joo Hyun Young’s reunion!

Based on a web novel, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoilers

Previously, Park Yeon Woo, who traveled in time and arrived in South Korea in 2023, started to adapt to her modern-day life, and Sa Wol (Joo Hyun Young), who is Park Yeon Woo’s best friend and handmaiden from the 19th century Joseon Dynasty, also followed her to 2023.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills capture the dramatic reunion between Yeon Woo and Sa Wol in modern times. The two, who face each other unexpectedly behind jangdokdae (traditional earthen jars), hold each other’s hands with teary eyes.

Lee-Se-Young02.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young03.jpeg

Lee-Se-Young01.jpeg

Joo-Hyun-Young02.jpeg

Spoiler

Joo-Hyun-Young01.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1629333wpp/lee-se-young-reunites-with-joo-hyun-young-in-present-day-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Se Young Gets Bae In Hyuk’s Heart Racing In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Lee Se Young Gets Bae In Hyuk’s Heart Racing In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has shared a new sneak peek of its upcoming third episode!

Based on the web novel of the same name, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (played by Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of the drama, Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha shared an eventful first meeting in the 21st century that eventually led to them moving in together as man and (fake) wife.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha write up a contract to lay out the stipulations of their marriage. Afterwards, Park Yeon Woo—who holds their marriage contract in one hand—extends the other to Kang Tae Ha for a pinky promise.

However, when Kang Tae Ha links pinkies with her to make his promise, his eyes widen before he tears his hand away in shock. While the puzzled Park Yeon Woo looks down at her hand with a bewildered expression, Kang Tae Ha clutches his chest with a startled expression, in disbelief that his heart started racing from such minor physical contact.

Bae-In-Hyuk-Lee-Se-Young-4.jpegLee-Se-Young-6.jpegBae-In-Hyuk-5.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young-7.jpegBae-In-Hyuk-2-1.jpegLee-Se-Young-2-1.jpegBae-In-Hyuk-3-1.jpeg

The drama’s production team remarked, “While Lee Se Young is capturing the female lead’s lovable side in ‘The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract,’ Bae In Hyuk is portraying in microscopic detail the psychological changes his character goes through after meeting her, amplifying the chemistry between the two leads.”

They went on to tease, “In Episode 3, Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha’s life together under one roof will begin in earnest, and the plot will unfold in even more entertaining ways.”

The third episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” will air on December 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1629407wpp/lee-se-young-gets-bae-in-hyuks-heart-racing-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet For 3rd Episode

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet For 3rd Episode

MBC’s new drama “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is on the rise!

On December 1, the new time-slip romance starring Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk achieved its highest viewership ratings yet for its third episode. According to Nielsen Korea, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” scored an average nationwide rating of 6.7 percent for the night, continuing its perfect streak of climbing to a new all-time high with each episode aired.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1629592wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-for-3rd-episode