[Drama 2023] A Secret Woman / Woman in the Veil - 비밀의 여자 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

Ep. 84.  Watching raw, not a Korean speaker.  But it seems they're telling the Nam family about the soul switch so now everyone knows.  That could mean SR is dead; it could mean she's in a coma... everyone is also calling GU as GU even though she's in SR's body.  But SR's uncle doesn't appear to be in mourning nor the ahjumma.  Nam family, mom especially, is ticked.  Wonder if GU in SR's body threatened YJ into giving up parental rights for HN.

What!!!  Did YJ's father arrange the setup and murder of GU's father?  :crazily:

• Shocked 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

But it seems they're telling the Nam family about the soul switch so now everyone knows.  That could mean SR is dead; it could mean she's in a coma... everyone is also calling GU as GU even though she's in SR's body.  But SR's uncle doesn't appear to be in mourning nor the ahjumma.  Nam family, mom especially, is ticked. 

Now my head hurts. Serin could be anywhere!

frustrated-ugh.gif

What's going on here ? :scream:@Lmangla sweetie, please explain! Pali!

• LOL 5

Wait so many twists.. So AR is not the one who killed GU’s dad. I sense last-minute script changes lol. But more shocking is that the Nam family is evil after all like AR said so I have a feeling all three will go against the Nam family. Crazy crazy. AR is horrible but she didn’t kill GU’s dad. Still did let SR’s sister die but she isn’t nearly as evil as we thought. Nam family is the true villain here.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3
  • Blob 1

52 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

Wait so many twists.. So AR is not the one who killed GU’s dad. I sense last-minute script changes lol. But more shocking is that the Nam family is evil after all like AR said so I have a feeling all three will go against the Nam family. Crazy crazy. AR is horrible but she didn’t kill GU’s dad. Still did let SR’s sister die but she isn’t nearly as evil as we thought. Nam family is the true villain here.

MarvelousAppropriateAfricanelephant-size

And we still don't know what happened to Serin!

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Now my head hurts. Serin could be anywhere!

What's going on here ? :scream:@Lmangla sweetie, please explain! Pali!

hahahah... this drama had 2 women ending up going through a soul switch (alchemy of souls). for a portion of the drama, serin was in a coma while her alter ego GU in serin's body wandered around. then serin woke up in GU's body and was mad, mad, mad. but now it looks like serin may or may not be dead and so we are left to wonder if there will be soul switch in the end or not. 

so we have multiple revenge arcs, multiple people pretending to be someone else for whatever reason. hence, the title "woman in veil"

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

for a portion of the drama, serin was in a coma while her alter ego GU in serin's body wandered around. then serin woke up in GU's body and was mad, mad, mad.

Please explain this to me like I'm 5, sweetie....

So Serin is in a coma but her alter ego GU is walking around in Serin's body?????!?!?!? How can GU  walk around when Serin's body (what I assume) is in a hospital bed in a coma!??!?!?!?

elmo-faint.gif

• Like 2

Ep. 84 with subs.  SR passed away...  They're having a talk in the restaurant and talk about SR passed away and Uncle didn't join because he still in mourning.   HN got SR's liver, which saved her life.  Unbelievable.  Why even create the SR character in the first place...  This is a weird twist that only makes sense in kdrama world.  How weird to live half your life in one body and the second half in someone else's.   Is GUSR related to Uncle since he's SR's biological family?  What happens to GUSR's relationship to the Jangs?  What is her relationship to HN?  Legally she's OSR so is a stranger to HN.  I understand YJ's mother going off.  This is weird..  What???  They killed off SR to clear a path for MalJa and Uncle???

• Shocked 4
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

SR passed away...  They're having a talk in the restaurant and talk about SR passed away and Uncle didn't join because he still in mourning.   HN got SR's liver, which saved her life.  Unbelievable.  Why even create the SR character in the first place...  This is a weird twist that only naked sense in kdrama world.

This is some serious BS. I won't even let this drama anger me, I'll just go back to watching Meant To Be and Happiness Battle.

• Shocked 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Ep. 84.  Watching this and it's ticking me off so bad I have to post as things happen.  So YJ's father instigated the car accident that resulted in JiSeok's condition.   I thought he was born disabled but apparently he was a genius until the car accident.  He's the oldest son and was heir so his younger brother tried to take him out. GU's father was getting too close to the truth so after YJ and the Demon killed SY and pinned it on him, YJ's father used that opportunity to take him out permanently so no one would find out he is behind JS's condition.  This is a dumb turn to the story.  Not to mention the ridiculous turn that GU must now live forever in SRs body and nobody has a problem with that.  Head-scratching-ly stupid.  Who wants to bet the Demon gets the goods on YJ's father and that's how she takes control of YJ Group.

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, crystaltears said:

the real question is how or why did GU even marry into that family in the first place? 

Time for uncle Ji Seok to have Savant Syndrome and start his own revenge plot B)

Greetings Chingu.  If I remember correctly,  Honorary Chairman selected GU to be his granddaughter in-law.  YJ could only inherit if he married GU.  Why she was chosen, I don't know.  Maybe we'll find out it was GUs biological mother, not the Demon's mother, who died to save JiSeok and this is how HC decided to pay her back.  I remember one of those blah segments where it came out that GU is, I believe, adopted.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, Chickpea said:

Greetings Chingu.  If I remember correctly,  Honorary Chairman selected GU to be his granddaughter in-law.  YJ could only inherit if he married GU.  Why she was chosen, I don't know.  Maybe we'll find out it was GUs biological mother, not the Demon's mother, who died to save JiSeok and this is how HC decided to pay her back.  I remember one of those blah segments where it came out that GU is, I believe, adopted.

I had watched the episode when she had a heart to heart talk with the Chairman but there was no mention of gratitude or past relationship. He probably wanted a doormat for his idiot grandson who was dating JAR on the sly. 

The FL was the bio daughter of  her father and the lawyer was the bio son of the mother. They became a family and they were devoted to each other. I wonder what happened to the lawyer and YJ's fluff head sister? Her name in his phone was something love, so it must have become serious, even though it was pretend in the beginning. I hope we don't have to watch episodes of them breaking up and making up. 

Making YJ's father the bad guy is a bad 'twist', and I am not surprised that JS the brother who's not all there is TY's father. After the accident, He forgot he had a gf and his gf was pregnant.  

Turning JAR into a victim is scraping the bottom of the barrel. She was a high school graduate who worked as a bar girl, and she wanted to bring down the Chairman. :surprisedwut:

That savant syndrome is going to be hilarious if JS got it. The ML inMIAV was great when he was mentally challenged, but when he got the SS, it was downhill. When he was hurt again at the end, I thought he would become his old self but no. There is a strong possibility JS will contract that condition. He has to be TY's dad. YJ and his dad looked like to be cell mates at the end. I prefer JAR to be the bad guy. This is a bit like Miss M when we found out it was the husband of the big collar woman was the mastermind. He seemed quite decent through out just like YJ's dad.

Spoiler

If you want to watch a confusing show, try Durian's affair - actually Du Ri An's affair- nothing to do ei

with the fruit. But it is slooow.... be warned.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, maribella said:

The FL was the bio daughter of  her father and the lawyer was the bio son of the mother. They became a family and they were devoted to each other. I wonder what happened to the lawyer and YJ's fluff head sister? Her name in his phone was something love, so it must have become serious, even though it was pretend in the beginning. I hope we don't have to watch episodes of them breaking up and making up. 

@maribella... Good morning!  I don't know how to do advanced things like copy and paste so the item above is what I'm responding to here.

This is what I remember.  GU is not the biological daughter of her "mother".  Then, who is her biological mother?  Please drama gods, don't let HY and GU be half-sisters.  So the Demon takes down YJ for SY's death and takes down his father with her own mother's accident, death and JS's condition?  Is that how this is going to go?  With the Nam men gone, HC feels he has no other option but to turn to the Demon.  That gives her control of YG Group?  

Watching Ep. 85 w/out subs so know that I will have more to gripe about in this forum later.  So much about this drama is turning out to be frustrating.  The good news... we're 19 episodes away from the conclusion.

What!!!  Just watched this moral mess without subs.  Did I just hear the Demon call her father-in-law, "Daddy"?

You know, here's my rant for today.  I love kdramas.  My first was Winter Sonata which was beautiful and raised an interesting question... is someone who they are if they don't retain their memories.  It was an odd situation but a relatable one that occurs to actual people in the real world.  Since our memories don't exist in an organ--it's a spiritual power not a physical one--our memories live forever in our soul.  Our memories also shape the person we are and memory is how we learn.  Learning is nothing more than memories built upon other memories.  So the question of how much of our identity do we retain if we lose our memories doesn't lead to ridiculousness  If anything, it leads to sympathy for the one who lost his/her memories.

This drama, however, has gone there.  There was a switch of souls.  There was a switch of the spiritual power of a human being.  Once you're no longer dealing with the physical body, you're dealing with moral questions.  So, the question of this drama is, is someone who they are if there's a swap of their soul.  It assumes that bodies and souls are not intrinsically linked and I understand there are some philosophies that believe this.  That's not what this is about.  This rant is about...  look at how many moral violations have occurred because of this "swap of souls"...  several murders, several attempted murders, theft all over the place, I'm not sure if working in a bar constitutes prostitution but there you go, lying, presenting people as who they are not--not just the women in veils but also the Demon giving the real JAR a fake sister--medical professionals violating their oaths for profit, medical professionals acting as hitmen or women, adultery, rape, more betrayal than I can recount on all my fingers and toes and now... incest?  YJ is married to his half-sister?   And don't get me started on all the mismanaged relationships this results in and the fact that, going forward, the child HN will have no one to donate an organ if she needs it because biological mom is dead and biological dad will be in prison for a long time.

Now, I am now watching this without subs so I could be wrong but I don't think I'm far off.  The Demon is somehow related to the Nams because that entire family is psychotic.  Who in their right mind thought this moral disaster would be "entertainment" for the Korean public or kdrama fans.  What I like about kdramas usually are the fact that they promote the kind of good morals and family values completely missing in Western "entertainment".  But this drama has gone off the deep end.  I enjoy revenge dramas which is why I started watching this.  I was in a recovery room and the drama was on the tele and I saw the moment the souls switch and I was hooked.  But now this drama has got me ticked because it falls so far from the mark of what kdramas usually are.  I don't know if this is deliberate or happened organically because once you switch souls and enter the realm of metaphysics where angels and demons reside, you end up with situations that are beyond the ability of most people just living their lives to cope with.  Is this "entertainment"?  I think not.  

Honorary Chairman is not going to be in need of someone to run YJ Group.  He's in need of an exorcist.. and fast.  I'll probably rant more after watching this mess with subs but that's it for now.

Edited by Chickpea
edit
  • Blob 2

Ep. 85.  Okay, Chingus.  So after watching episode with subs must correct my previous rant.  No incest--that's good--but substitute fratricide instead--that's bad.  And my darkest fears appear to have been confirmed... the Demon and GU are sisters?  And the Demon has no memory, yet, of YJ's father being the man who mowed them down?  Or of her younger sister?  What a twist.  For most of the drama YJ's father was furniture.  Now he's revealed to be the nuclear reactor of death and destruction in this drama.  I've got a headache...  Tomorrow,  chingus.

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

20 hours ago, Chickpea said:

This is what I remember.  GU is not the biological daughter of her "mother".  Then, who is her biological mother?  Please drama gods, don't let HY and GU be half-sisters.  So the Demon takes down YJ for SY's death and takes down his father with her own mother's accident,

I had asked that question earlier. GU's mother was in Vietnam and died at childbirth, either she was Vietnamese or Korean. So there's no way JAR is related to the Jungs or the Nams. 

I agree with you at @Chickpea JAR is evil and turning her into an avenging daughter is ughh. She thought it was the Chairman who had killed her mum but it was her FIL, she didn't know yet. 

Making the FIL a bad guy is trying to make a cookie cutter kdrama into something interesting and intriguing. Not working. They should have made JAR bad through and through like in MIAV.

I am saying it again TY is JS's son. They didn't show the photo of the woman he was dating. I really hope he wouldn't have Savant syndrome. Soul switching then SS? :lol: He's just slow but he will recognise the woman and another secret is revealed.

No romantic episodes for the lawyer and airhead please.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, maribella said:

I had asked that question earlier. GU's mother was in Vietnam and died at childbirth, either she was Vietnamese or Korean. So there's no way JAR is related to the Jungs or the Nams. 

I agree with you at @Chickpea JAR is evil and turning her into an avenging daughter is ughh. She thought it was the Chairman who had killed her mum but it was her FIL, she didn't know yet. 

Making the FIL a bad guy is trying to make a cookie cutter kdrama into something interesting and intriguing. Not working. They should have made JAR bad through and through like in MIAV.

I am saying it again TY is JS's son. They didn't show the photo of the woman he was dating. I really hope he wouldn't have Savant syndrome. Soul switching then SS? :lol: He's just slow but he will recognise the woman and another secret is revealed.

No romantic episodes for the lawyer and airhead please.

EXACTLY!! That thought just came to mind and I came here to talk it through.   Everyone thought TY was HC's son but he could very well be JS's son and inherit as the son of the eldest son and not be a psychopath....  He was using an alias at the time so she would not have known he was a Nam.  Well done, @maribella

• Like 1
  • Blob 1