[Drama 2024] My Sweet Mobster/The Woman Who Plays, 놀아주는 여자

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

20240613020557_um-tae-goo-han-sun-hwa.jp

"My Sweet Mobster" Premieres To Promising Start

JTBC’s new drama “My Sweet Mobster” has kicked off with a promising start!

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere episode of “My Sweet Mobster,” which aired on June 12, achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.3 percent.

The drama started off with higher ratings compared to its predecessor “Frankly Speaking,” which premiered to an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.0 percent. This slight increase indicates a promising start for the series.

“My Sweet Mobster” is a new romance drama with surprising twists starring Um Tae Goo as Seo Ji Hwan, a man who has overcome his troubled past, and Han Sun Hwa as Go Eun Ha, a kids’ content creator. The drama promises a story of reconciling the past and rediscovering childhood innocence.

“My Sweet Mobster” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1667776wpp/my-sweet-mobster-premieres-to-promising-start

• Like 2
  • Love 1

ep 1 was decent -- I like that besides the romance, there is a more serious question on whether people can change, be reformed and whether society will accept them or not... 

ep 2 was good -- the characters are getting into shape; I like the villain cat! hahahahah... the serious interplay about influencer marketing and gimmicks is interesting to watch. so a nice balance on real themes as well as fun cheesy tropes. 

so far: worth checking out! 

re: @partyon @agenth @confusedheart @LeftCoastOppa @kokodus @sweetroad @gm4queen ..

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

so far: worth checking out!

Hey, chingu! Thanks for the tag. :lol: Wow! The main poster looks too cute in pink. Must be a funny drama! I'll give it a try. Will be back watching it! Hope I can catch up with you guys in no time!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Hey, chingu! Thanks for the tag. :lol: Wow! The main poster looks too cute in pink. Must be a funny drama! I'll give it a try. Will be back watching it! Hope I can catch up with you guys in no time!

if you manage to get a nice pic of the villain cat, please do post. it looks so cute and adorable. perfect for a poster. 

• Love 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

20240613235428_My-Sweet-Mobster-7.jpg?s=

"My Sweet Mobster" Ratings Hold Steady For 2nd Episode

JTBC’s new drama “My Sweet Mobster” is off to a stable start!

On June 13, viewership ratings for the new romantic comedy starring Um Tae Goo, Han Sun Hwa, and Kwon Yool held relatively steady.

According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of “My Sweet Mobster” scored an average nationwide rating of 2.2 percent—falling just short of the 2.3 percent achieved by its premiere the night before.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1668011wpp/my-sweet-mobster-ratings-hold-steady-for-2nd-episode

• Like 2

Premiere Watch: My Sweet Mobster

by missvictrix

Time slot: Wednesday-Thursday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Rom-com
Episode count: 16
Global streamer: Viki

Reasons to watch: They had me at the posters. No, really. But honestly, between the cast and the fun premise, I was already tuning in — the posters just sealed the deal. Uhm Tae-gu — finally in a dramaland rom-com — plays a sweet reformed mobster who falls head over heels for kid’s content creator Han Sun-hwa. Our drama wouldn’t be complete without a love triangle, so they tossed in Kwon “always a prosecutor” Yul. And while I want more for him, I also want to see him bickering with Uhm Tae-gu, so this is a win-win in my books.

TL;DR: Uhm Tae-gu is finally in a rom-com

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/premiere-watch-my-sweet-mobster/

• Like 1

Well, I finally managed to watch episode 1 and 2. And it's super fun! Thanks a lot @Lmangla for the recommendation. I really enjoyed watching the drama! The sound effects make it more hilarious! :D Seriously, how can a grown oppa versioned down to a little kid when he falls in love with a lady?? Ha ha ha! Too cute. :joy:

And not to mention the pleasant surprise that Choi Daniel made a guest appearance in episode 1. He is the passerby at 34:05. Didn't you @larus @backstreetboysfan & @Lmangla ladies notice him?? :o

And here comes the star of the show! This is ultimate cuteness. Such a purrfect scene! Hope you guys would love the screenshot I captured. Those eyes are... :heart:

GQC9Zh2bEAI23XT?format=jpg&name=large

Can't wait for the next episodes!

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1

• partyon changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] My Sweet Mobster/The Woman Who Plays, 놀아주는 여자- Uhm Tae Goo, Han Sun Hwa & Kwon Yul-Wed&Thu @20:50 KST
19 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

are you sure it was choi daniel? was it a cameo? I didn't notice... 

Yeah, chingu! It's him. :lol: They thank him for his guest appearance at the end of the drama as well. He is the guy walking by at 34:05 in the 1st episode! It was a pleasant surprise to see him there! I knew he made a guest appearance in a drama but didn't know what exactly it was. All thank you for the invitation, dear! :wub: I really enjoyed episode 1 and 2. Can't wait to see more!

• Like 3

My Sweet Mobster: Episodes 1-2

by DaebakGrits

There hasn’t been a more diametrically opposed pair of opposites since Barbenheimer, and our sparkly, cheerful leading lady and our monochromatic leading man are off to a rocky start. But in dramaland, the adage “opposites attract” is proven correct more often than not, and romance is definitely in the air — whether this OTP realizes it or not.

EPISODES 1-2

Objectively, My Lovely Sweet Mobster is not a top shelf K-drama. From the tropes to the comic inspired animations, everything about this show would suggest it’s on the path to mediocrity — and yet (so far, at least), this silly little rom-com speaks to my inner office worker who just wants to abandon her inbox, lay on the beach, and read an equally silly romance novel. For the right audience, this is escapism at its finest, and right now, I am this audience.

I wasn’t fully on board right out the gate, though. In fact, I was initially a wee bit concerned that this drama was going to be too silly — even for me — when our story opened with a campy introduction to our leading man. SEO JI-HWAN (Uhm Tae-gu), the former leader of the Bulldog Gang, is a caricature of what most people would think a gangster looks like: all black clothing, slicked back hair, and resting butcher face.

The key word here is former gangster because, even though he still dresses like he’s cosplaying a Matrix character, he metaphorically hung up his trench coat after defeating his rival GO YANG-HEE (Im Chul-soo), the leader of the Kitty Gang. Y’all, I don’t know which is more ridiculous: the fact that Im Chul-soo is portraying a I-only-got-this-job-because-of-nepotism type gangster or that these gangs seemed to have randomly picked their mascots from a list of college football teams and Sanrio characters. Either way, it’s clear that we shouldn’t take these gangsters too seriously — not even when they’re supposedly being serious.

After retiring and taking up the more honorable (and legal) position as the CEO of his own meat production company, Thirsty Deer, Ji-hwan’s decision to hire reformed criminals inevitably leads him back to his old rival when one of his employees, a former druggie, goes missing. Ji-hwan begins his investigation at Kitty Gang headquarters, a nightclub that doubles as a front for their more sketchier activities. While searching the club for clues to the whereabouts of his missing employee, Ji-hwan bumps into — literally — our leading lady, GO EUN-HA (Han Sun-hwa).

It’s definitely not love at first — or second or third — sight for these two, because a series of coincidental run-ins and misunderstandings leaves our OTP thinking the worst of each other. Eun-ha mistakes Ji-hwan for a (practicing) gangster because he still dresses and carries himself like one, and because Eun-ha was toting around candy that looks suspiciously like the new drugs that the Kitty Gang is pushing, Ji-hwan suspects Eun-ha is in cahoots with his former foes and is trying to drag down his reputation — which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Eun-ha is actually a children’s content creator, and because she genuinely loves kids, she puts a lot of effort into creating videos that are engaging for them. Her whole persona (online and in real life) seems modeled after the ideal kindergarten teacher or theme park princess — sweet, effervescent, and too perfect to be real — but, like all Disney princesses, Eun-ha works for a larger company with a bottom line. Her idealism is at direct odds with said company’s push to promote their sponsors’ toys and kid-friendly products in her videos, which is why she’s deemed the company’s worst performing creator. (Whomp, whomp.)

As such, she’s a bit of a joke among her peers, and she’s given assignments that the other content creators avoid, like the upcoming children’s food festival. But Eun-ha is a Candy with a heart of gold, so of course she’s eager to attend the food festival. In fact, even before she volunteered for the task, she already had an idea for a fun and engaging pizza-making class that she hoped to put into action at the festival.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/my-sweet-mobster-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1

Hello chingus! I think I found my new fav rom-com this year. This couple so cute and can't wait for more of their chemistry!

Saw their interview in Cosmopolitan Korea and look at Uhm Tae Goo so shy!

New interview. Wish they provide english subtitle..

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 7:49 AM, Lmangla said:

I like the villain cat!

On 6/15/2024 at 11:24 AM, confusedheart said:

You had me at Cat. A villainous cat? Yeah, bring it on. I shall watch it only for the cat! 

After reading this I actually went and watched the first 2 episodes ... I was expecting an Inzaghi type animal character :lol:

Its good fun, like Backstreet Rookie, or Business Proposal, it'll be an easy watch. 

:approves:

• LOL 1

2 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I was expecting an Inzaghi type animal character :lol:

well, lets hope for more scenes for the villain cat! we need a new inzaghi! :lol:

• Awesome 1

Um Tae Goo And Han Sun Hwa Enjoy A Sweet Playground Date In “My Sweet Mobster”

Jun 19, 2024
by E Ezeji

JTBC drama “My Sweet Mobster” has shared new stills ahead of its upcoming episode!

“My Sweet Mobster” is a new romance drama with surprising twists starring Um Tae Goo as Seo Ji Hwan, a man who has overcome his troubled past, and Han Sun Hwa as Go Eun Ha, a kids’ content creator. The drama promises a story of reconciling the past and rediscovering childhood innocence.

Spoilers

Previously in “My Sweet Mobster,” Go Eun Ha participated in a Kids Food Festival as a kids’ content creator, engaging in various activities that delighted the children. However, when the organic milk she promoted at the festival caused food poisoning, all the blame fell on Go Eun Ha. Stricken by guilt for making the children sick, Go Eun Ha was unable to defend herself, leading to a bleak outlook for her future.

In the newly released stills, rather than the kids’ content creator “Mini Unnie,” Go Eun Ha is seen working as the designated cleaner for her rival creator Kang Ye Na (Song Seo Rin). Due to getting entangled in a huge controversy despite having a small number of subscribers, Go Eun Ha decided to voluntarily take a step back and accept a different job at Kang Ye Na’s suggestion.

In another still, popular kids’ content creator Kang Ye Na and her fellow creators are seen mocking Go Eun Ha. The once cheerful Go Eun Ha appears visibly uncomfortable and frozen in place as her peers ridicule her.

my-sweet-mobster-8_491ea4.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-7_8d5139.jpg

To make matters worse, Seo Ji Hwan accidentally witnesses Go Eun Ha’s humiliation, leading to a new misunderstanding between them.

my-sweet-mobster-10_9850f5.jpg

Spoiler

my-sweet-mobster-9_944b60.jpg

In the following set of photos, Seo Ji Hwan, the CEO of Thirsty Deer, puts aside his usual composed demeanor and wholeheartedly plays with Go Eun Ha in an attempt to comfort her.

Go Eun Ha is also captured enjoying herself with a bright smile. Unlike in the beginning when they were awkward about even touching hands, the way they are glued together in front of the slide and fully immersed in the game suggests that they have grown closer.

One photo captures Seo Ji Hwan reaching out to her first while sprawled on the slide. Having never dated a woman before, Seo Ji Hwan’s adorable playground date with Go Eun Ha leaves viewers eagerly anticipating their blossoming romance.

Spoiler

my-sweet-mobster-5_5ebed7.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-4_ea9c55.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-1_4ecf66.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-3_168e27.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-6_827dc0.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-2_8fc425.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-6_827dc0.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1669032wpp/um-tae-goo-and-han-sun-hwa-enjoy-a-sweet-playground-date-in-my-sweet-mobster

• Like 2

by lo_ve, June 19, 2024
2 1

Wang Ji Won will make a special cameo appearance in the ongoing JTBC K-drama My Sweet Mobster.

On June 19, it was officially confirmed that Wang Ji Won would appear in one of the upcoming episodes of  My Sweet MobsterShe will work closely with Kwon Yool in the series.

This will be her comeback to the K-drama scene after two years. 

Actress Wang Ji Won was last seen in the 2022 K-drama Never Give Up. She worked alongside main leads Yoon Doo Joon, Kwak Do Won, Han Go Eun, Park Won Sook, Jung Dong Won, and Kim Young Woong. She also appeared in the movie Immortal Vampire with Jae Hee, Lee Joo Yeon, Park Hee Jin, Kim Tae Gyum, and Kim Goo Hyun

The actress made her acting debut in 2012. She has starred in various K-dramas such as Thirty but Seventeen, Hospital Ship, Divorce Lawyer in Love, Fated to Love You, I Need Romance Season 3, Good Doctor, and more. 

WP735m_2f.jpg

My Sweet Mobster tells the story of a former gangster who's trying to change and leave his ugly past and a lovely content creator for kids. The two were childhood friends and gets reconnected. The story is depicted in the web novel by the same name created by Park Soo Jung.

The K-drama is being led by Uhm Tae Goo, Han Sun Hwa, Kwon Yool, Kim Hyun Jin, Yang Hyun Min, Lee Yoo Joon, and more. 

In the series, Wang Ji Won will work with Kwon Yool's character Jang Hyeon U as his ex-girlfriend. She will portray the role of Ji Won who boasts perfect visuals and confidence.

The K-drama is the latest work of directors Kim Woo Hyun and Kim Young Hwan, and writer Na Kyung

My Sweet Mobster started airing on June 12. The next episode will premiere later today at 8:50 PM KST and Wang Ji Won's scenes will also be revealed today. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/wang-ji-won-to-make-a-special-cameo-appearance-in-my-sweet-mobster

• Like 1