[Drama 2022] Red Balloon - 빨간 풍선

0ly40

Here are the ratings for Episode 18! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Red Balloon” Ratings Break Into Double Digits As “Agency” And “Three Bold Siblings” Reach New All-Time Highs

TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” broke into double-digit ratings to hit a new all-time high last night!

On February 19, the popular weekend drama soared to its highest viewership ratings yet ahead of its final week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Red Balloon” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.1 percent, marking a new personal record for the series

https://www.soompi.com/article/1567340wpp/red-balloon-ratings-break-into-double-digits-as-agency-and-three-bold-siblings-reach-new-all-time-highs

• Like 1

What was that all about? They are all sleazy but a murderer!!! :crazy:

Did the old husband or taxi driver bump off someone? That is sad. I am willing to detest someone for infidelity but killing someone is really evil.

Is BD trying to get back at EK? At least she is being charged for stealing and getting paid for the designs, leave the prick to her. He wants to be with her, let him.

I don't understand how she could do all the underhanded things and still turn up for BD's father's memorial day. She still consider them to be friends? Omigoodness. Strange woman. 

Cheating on her friend with the husband will probably be forgiven but with the police record, it's unlikely that she could teach. I am guessing CW will go back as a condition to not bringing charges against her.

I would give up the two-timing husband and maybe accept them years later, but bringing down my life's dream, hardearned company? When hell freezes over.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2023 at 11:18 AM, maribella said:

She has not gone crazy. But it seems they had cared for each other for a long time. Now the writer has BD, her in laws belittling her again and again. That was what she felt. It seems the writer is using her relationship with CW for her to find her dignity and herself. Does it make it less tawdry?  It is not just a roll in the hay, but a higher feeling of real love? 

In the preview, there were flashes of BD being upset seeing them but he had also  asked EK to be together. This writer presents the two mistresses as nice warm loving people who follow their honest feelings. BD is cold and an ambitious career woman who somehow cares and does not care for her child, rather inconsistent. Her redeemable trait is that she is a responsible person, paying off her father's debts and looking after her sickly mother. It makes her a stern unbending person. I can see a divorce here.

I can't comment much on CW since his presence was mainly in the background in the last few episodes that I had watched - ok that I did not FFW much. In this episode he admits to EK that he has been attracted to her and wondering about her in a romantic/sexual manner. In a confrontation with BD, EK accused her of throwing her husband and her together because BD underestimated her as a woman. She seduced the guy and he was willing. Ok go on, there's nothing wrong with what she did.

Tart, justify any which way, he will cheat on you too, with the nanny or the fat housekeeper like Schwartneggar. :joy:

I think this marriage is dead and gone.:rip:

GA refused to give up her relationship. It looked like he went back to his mistress, but previews can be misleading. Her marriage is dead and gone too. :rip:

The old guy said to EK that men don't breakup their marriages for a woman. But it looked like he might. His wife wanted a divorce.

Three more episodes.

Thats my thing, am I supposed to sympathize with Eun Kang and dislike BaDa. The way BaDa left sold everything and immediately began working to get back on her feet was so impressive, she is a boss. Eun Kang is a bum, she could have passed the teachers exam a long time ago, but she is a bum. The implication that BaDa was keeping suitable men from her was so briefly indicated that I didnt even catch it until I read it here.

Like you said BaDa is the only actually adult handling business, She cheated on her husband, but even that was set up by Eun Kang and BaDa resisted for most of the night.

Eun Kang has no real reason to be this malicious to BaDa, if she really felt this mistreated she could have simply ended their  friendship and moved on with her life. But no instead she faked her way through the friendship, jealous of everything BaDa did and eventually betrayed her to such an extent that she should never be forgiven.

The object of our jealousy is not responsible for anything. you have to deal with your own issues, Eun Kang is a snake and I really dislike that character.

2 hours ago, DocMcStuffins said:

Eun Kang has no real reason to be this malicious to BaDa, if she really felt this mistreated she could have simply ended their  friendship and moved on with her life. But no instead she faked her way through the friendship, jealous of everything BaDa did and eventually betrayed her to such an extent that she should never be forgiven.

The object of our jealousy is not responsible for anything. you have to deal with your own issues, Eun Kang is a snake and I really dislike that character.

BD is a well-drawn character. She is coldly clear-eyed business woman.  She seems focused on what to do after finding out that it was EK who had stolen her designs and sold it to her competitor causing her to lose her business. She is really no worse than others but given that EK her bff for 20 years has destroyed her marriage and also her livelihood, she is striking back in a very cold calculating manner. First the antsy pants CW, she's appealing to his guilt and may be old memories. She's a great actress. From her face, we can see it was just a ruse, everything that she had said to the husband. It's just to make him think twice. Her so called picnic with EK was clearly a power trip to scare the mistress. The preview shows that she has now struck EK worse, reports her to the authorities. 

EK is no match, her only advantage is that CW and his family have chosen the certified teacher. The writer turned her feisty in one instance, then back to the doormat again. What is she doing?

• Like 3

NEW EVENT:

My Corner of Soompi: Vote for your faviourite pancake toppings and celebrate the International Pancake Day on 21st February, 2023. :eats:

Let us know what's happening in your corner of Soompi. :heartxoxo:

re: Your favourite neighbourhood EO Team: :coolshades:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

20 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

the latest episode of “Red Balloon” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.1 percent, marking a new personal record for the series

This is absolutely deserved!! It should have gotten to double digits ages ago!!

I want a final win for BaDa. Her business should be restored, and some really hot, rich, loving, faithful fairy tale Mr Darcy type should appear in her life soon!!:wub:... But I also want those cheaters together, Eun San and the old guy, and Dae Geun and Geum Ah.lol.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 12:34 AM, maribella said:

I would give up the two-timing husband and maybe accept them years later, but bringing down my life's dream, hardearned company? When hell freezes over.

exactly, leave them be, take her child and re start her company. Who wants to be with a cheating husband who cheated with a supposed friend?

• Like 3

I was wondering what/who were in the bashing scene. 

Spoiler

It turned out to be the mistresses father bashing a guy, probably to death, whom he thought was someone else. The guy was his brother, the taxi driver. GA was not nasty like her mother and she had been a proper wife. Now she's lost her BF and her husband. Her parents are probably not too happy with her.

I wonder if BD knew that EK was in the wardrobe watching her trying to seduce her ex or soon to be. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, maribella said:

I wonder if BD knew that EK was in the wardrobe watching her trying to seduce her ex or soon to be. 

seeing how she has been able to read EK fairly well, I am guessing she does know that EK is in there. BD to leave the 2 timing guy and his toxic family and get her business back on track, get custody of her daughter, then find a sweet, hot and loving man who will rock her world.

• Like 2

I need subs. But from the raw episode, it looks like the wife and the mistress had an end-of-us picnic. 
CW is probably in love with EK now, he is cold towards BD. 
EK admitted to taking it BD's sketches but she seemed to excuse herself. Subs. Anyway, it was difficult to feel sorry for her. She had destroyed BD's marriage which had problems and might selfdestruct, but on the other hand, it could be salvaged if not for her. While BD was franctically trying to save her business, her good friend was by her side playing innocent and playing house with her husband. :spitswater: Hard to feel sorry. 
The taxi driver didn't die. The father  just injured him. 
Now the old husband had left the awful family- no sign of the children- and gone back to his village. They are still using hoes instead of tractors? 

For some reason the twitchy young girl was walking by his field (I skipped a lot :rolleyes:) followed by the usual running to each other happily. I think they are ludicrous but I can sympathise with them. The man has been unhappy, unappreciated and worked like a dog. 
But the ML-FL pairing? Typical two timers. 

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 19! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Red Balloon” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Ratings Yet

With just one episode left to go, TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” has reached a new all-time high!

On February 25, the hit weekend drama achieved its highest viewership ratings yet ahead of its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the penultimate episode of “Red Balloon” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.2 percent, setting a new personal record for the show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1568872wpp/red-balloon-heads-into-finale-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

BD is suing EK for adultery claiming an amount 30009.90. She didn't care about the money, I sm guessing that for less than 30k, EK would not have a record but the 9.90 extra will do it. She's out for blood. Hurting her husband will hurt MP but EK is her 'assailant'.  EK's excuse for bedding CW was she wanted to be like BD. Stealing BD's designs wasn't wrong because she had thrown it away and she needed the money. 
The writer was being ironic or perhaps did not realise it? BD had just told her that her business was ruined and her office was a shabby little room, and worst she was saddled with debts. Amazing, EK could tell BD that she didn't know what it was like to be poor and having to earn every penny.:surprisedwut:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maribella said:

BD is suing EK for adultery claiming an amount 30009.90. She didn't care about the money, I sm guessing that for less than 30k, EK would not have a record but the 9.90 extra will do it. She's out for blood. Hurting her husband will hurt MP but EK is her 'assailant'.  EK's excuse for bedding CW was she wanted to be like BD. Stealing BD's designs wasn't wrong because she had thrown it away and she needed the money. 
The writer was being ironic or perhaps did not realise it? BD had just told her that her business was ruined and her office was a shabby little room, and worst she was saddled with debts. Amazing, EK could tell BD that she didn't know what it was like to be poor and having to earn every penny.:surprisedwut:

EK can only see her economic condition through her own eyes. She cannot understand BD's hardships and struggles. BD builds a business from the ground up with her creativity and hard work.  "No money". BD's father was bankrupt and had died and she was saddled with debt also paying for her mother's health care. EK talks about being poor and having to pay 500 dollars for her mother's surgery as the reason she initially stole BD's work. BD would have gladly given her the money. She paid her tuition and got her sister out of legal trouble.  It would have been nothing to assist her. EK is now making excuses for her actions when she willfully committed them. EK planned her seduction of CW and the theft blew up to a point that she did not expect. It is ironic that BD was willing to bite the bullet, move on, give up her home, sell her car, divorce, and seemingly accept, though devastated that CW was in a relationship with EK. But the straw that broke the camel's back is that not only did EK sleep with her husband, but she also destroyed her business. EK had essentially declared "War" and there was no explanation or excuse that would change anything. BD wants her daughter but she does not want CW. She can survive without him. Her pain and ultimate betrayal were from the actions of her friend of 20 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, il23 said:

EK can only see her economic condition through her own eyes. She cannot understand BD's hardships and struggles. BD builds a business from the ground up with her creativity and hard work.  "No money". BD's father was bankrupt and had died and she was saddled with debt also paying for her mother's health care. EK talks about being poor and having to pay 500 dollars for her mother's surgery as the reason she initially stole BD's work. BD would have gladly given her the money. She paid her tuition and got her sister out of legal trouble.  It would have been nothing to assist her. EK is now making excuses for her actions when she willfully committed them. EK planned her seduction of CW and the theft blew up to a point that she did not expect. It is ironic that BD was willing to bite the bullet, move on, give up her home, sell her car, divorce, and seemingly accept, though devastated that CW was in a relationship with EK. But the straw that broke the camel's back is that not only did EK sleep with her husband, but she also destroyed her business. EK had essentially declared "War" and there was no explanation or excuse that would change anything. BD wants her daughter but she does not want CW. She can survive without him. Her pain and ultimate betrayal were from the actions of her friend of 20 years.

well said, you expressed everything that and probably other viewers are thinking. EK is trash.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lila21 said:

well said, you expressed everything that and probably other viewers are thinking. EK is trash.

Maybe she wouldn't have been too bad if she did not covet everything  her friend has.

$500 is not much to borrow from a friend of 20 years. BD was doing well and she was helping out or part time worker. This writer is making her and sister so pathetic. Why? Because of circumstances? that is so weak.

40 minutes ago, lila21 said:

committed them. EK planned her seduction of CW and the theft blew up to a point that she did not expect. I

That was stupid of her. On both counts. She told him that he was her 'first red balloon' and told BD she wanted to be like her.  It didn't sound as if she loved him much.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, forumsoomp said:

no matter how BD hated EK they remain loyal till the end

Still friends? :hushed:

The whole show was based on how unhealthy their friendship was, BD and family took advantage of her, look down on her, pushed EK into her husband's arms.... I can go on and on ... :surprisedwut:

Will watch later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forumsoomp said:

Anyway it's happy ending for the 2 women, watched raw on TVChosun, no matter how BD hated EK they remain loyal till the end

i would have thought BD would have gone on with the lawsuit and then left to build her company. EK and cheating husband got away free. Being poor is no excuse for cheating on a friends' husband. The excuse they were attracted to each other first. I do love that BD moved on to build her own jewelry design company.

• LOL 1

49 minutes ago, forumsoomp said:

BD & CW finally divorced. Both CW & EK went separate ways to live & work far away but destiny brought them together. NamCheol returns home to be reunited with his wife & children. BD became successful. 

I FFWed when I saw the guy's in it. He is even more pathetic than the uncle. So I missed the divorce. They really should, but EK congratulating BD with balloons, that does not happen in real life. Unless she marries the guy and there is MP to consider, BD would excise her out of her life. It's a betrayal - a huge one.

The part where CW's family do not know anything at all of EK's family seems odd. Given EK was an 'errand' girl and always hanging around, BD was married for 8 years, there had to be some bumping into. Furthermore, the uncle was dating GA and it seemed he was attacked by goons hired by her father. The father would have an idea of his house, his family. 

1 hour ago, forumsoomp said:

but destiny brought them together.

Did the two get back together? I didn't catch that. Imagine if they did, the sister may be sitting across the dinner table from the old guy at family gatherings. :grimace:

There was a big welcome and reunion for NC, I watched that. He deserved to be treated better.

My prediction was both couples would divorce.