[Drama 2022] Red Balloon - 빨간 풍선

0ly40

This drama is a trainwreck LoL. I am watching this through my fingers ha-ha 'cause every character here are misbehaving badly LoL.

Eun Gang was lying dormant and waiting to strike. While Eun San is not even discreet on her affair LoL. Both sisters are just creating havoc. 

They're hypocritical towards their mother too. Ugh their father has no shame. And he still expects support LoL? Their uncle on the other geez.. ugh this drama there's not one character to root for LoL.

Ba Da , like mother.. like daughter tsk. So she had an affair as well..

Edited by Latte_Anyday
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, maribella said:

Sorry for being nosy but I can't help it. Can the tax people be so powerful that they can get you to pay your father's debt? Sounds like a kdrama loan shark.

Bad set of circumstances. Dad left mom to marry her at 19 and put her through law school after college, then use his connections for her to work for the county tax assessor's office, and of course knowing the judges, was able to file in a favorable court to her (I think she even went on to date the judge a year later, probably to pull the same shenanigans she pulled on my dad/me, but I digress.) I was a struggling construction contractor at the time, so couldn't afford a good attorney, so them's the breaks.

In retrospect, give me a kdrama loan shark. I know kung fu.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@UnniSarah, @Thong Thin @chococarmela @backstreetboysfan  @Ameera Ali @perfectmouse @LeftCoastOppa @Newbie21SG  @melodictrain @ktcjdrama @kboramint @joccu

Hi chingus I know we meet at the revenge slot mostly, I am trying to watch this melo, I think, though the characters are all unlikeable at a glance, mostly ajusshis, cheating couples ( not comfortable for me),  it looks interesting. Join me, get a break from vengeful protagonists.

@partyon join me if you are not too swamped with events.

• Like 2
  • Blob 6

5 hours ago, maribella said:

@UnniSarah, @Thong Thin @chococarmela @backstreetboysfan  @Ameera Ali @perfectmouse @LeftCoastOppa @Newbie21SG  @melodictrain @ktcjdrama @kboramint @joccu

Hi chingus I know we meet at the revenge slot mostly, I am trying to watch this melo, I think, though the characters are all unlikeable at a glance, mostly ajusshis, cheating couples ( not comfortable for me),  it looks interesting. Join me, get a break from vengeful protagonists.

@partyon join me if you are not too swamped with events.

Not a big fan of it either, I am watching this for Lee Sang Woo

• Like 3

9 hours ago, maribella said:

Thanks for the tag. I did try first episode when it premiered. Somehow not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, although I love SJH and LSW. 

Are you up to date already? Is it worth watching?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, maribella said:

thanks for tagging me, looks promising. 

watched too much revenge dailies... fyi... i dropped Vengeance....

I tried watching Glory yesterday....still stuck at ep 2.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

thanks for tagging me, looks promising. 

watched too much revenge dailies... fyi... i dropped Vengeance....

I tried watching Glory yesterday....still stuck at ep 2.....

I had to FFW a lot, the bullying !!

Let's see if we can finish this. 

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Thanks for the tag. I did try first episode when it premiered. Somehow not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, although I love SJH and LSW. 

Are you up to date already? Is it worth watching?

I haven't started :grimace: The cheating part is worrisome. I have just been reading the summaries.

• Insightful 2

EVENT: Soompi Forums Awards: The Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Best of the Rest of KDramas of 2022 - Poll #2

kdr7sTk.gif

Vote for the Best Daily, CDramas and Rest of Kdramas of 2022 here. 2022 was again a year full of dramas, and here's your chance to show which ones you liked the best! 

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @agenth @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl

I am watching this show and enjoying it. It's so makjang, but it's not making me angry!

I truly hated this previous writer's work: Revolutionary Sisters. It is awful. And I hate-watched all 50 episodes of it. So it's self-inflicted pain, but it was really terrible.

Imagine the grotesque Tae-gi, and imagine that the entire show is full of characters like that, but worse. You get the idea.

Anyway, I was lured by Seo Ji-hye, not knowing who the writer was. But when I noticed a bunch of Revolutionary Sisters actors in the cast, I looked up the writer (Moon Yeong-nam) and began having trauma flashbacks.

The things I like:

- Seo Ji-hye. She's so beautiful and elegant that she looks like she doesn't really belong in this drama. Even dressed like a frump, she's so pretty.

- Only 20 episodes.

The things I dislike:

- The relationship between Nam-cheol and Eun-san. Every time I see these two getting lovey-dovey, I cringe. Wow, what a trainwreck.

Anyway, both sisters are headed for trouble, and I want to know how it ends.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chickfactor said:

am watching this show and enjoying it. It's so makjang, but it's not making me angry!

There seem to be a lot of quite nasty - the mothers and sleazy ( well two timing) main characters. I am tagging others I know - like safety in numbers :)

Is there a nice person in there before I really start watching?

Soompi Forum Awards: Poll #3 - The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022.

kdr7sTk.gif

Dear Chingus, Vote for the Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022!

re: Your  friendly, neighbourhood EO Team: 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

Seo Ji Hye Pretends To Be A Picture-Perfect Family With Lee Sang Woo And His Daughter In “Red Balloon”

Seo Ji Hye Pretends To Be A Picture-Perfect Family With Lee Sang Woo And His Daughter In “Red Balloon”

Red Balloon” has teased Seo Ji Hye, Lee Sang Woo, and Oh Eun Seo’s exciting day at the amusement park!

Starring Seo Ji Hye, Lee Sung Jae, Hong Soo Hyun, and Lee Sang Woo, JTBC’s “Red Balloon” is a thrilling yet passionate story about the sense of deprivation we all feel when comparing ourselves to others, the thirst of jealous ambition, and our struggles to quench that thirst. Seo Ji Hye stars as Jo Eun Kang, who dreams of becoming a teacher but instead works as a tutor after consistently failing her employment exams.

Spoilers

In the last episode, Jo Eun Kang thought of an elaborate plan to worsen the relationship between her close friend Han Ba Da (Hong Soo Hyun) and Han Ba Da’s husband Go Cha Won (Lee Sang Woo), who she has feelings for. To ensure some time alone with Go Cha Won, Jo Eun Kang sent Han Ba Da on a trip with her mother Yeo Jeon Hee (Lee Sang Sook). In the middle of the night, Jo Eun Kang attempted to seduce Go Cha Won while wearing Han Ba Da’s robes, adding further tension to the story.

The new stills are incredibly deceptive, showing Jo Eun Kang and Go Cha Won at the amusement looking like a happy family with Go Mi Poong (Oh Eun Seo), who is the daughter of Go Cha Won and Han Ba Da. The trio wears matching bunny headbands and smiles happily as they have a blast. Later, Go Cha Won makes Jo Eun Kang’s heart flutter by gifting her her favorite red balloon.

Lee-Sang-Woo-Seo-Ji-Hye-3.jpgOh-Eun-Seo.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Sang-Woo-1.jpgSeo-Ji-Hye-1.jpgLee-Sang-Woo-Seo-Ji-Hye-2-1.jpg

While taking a break to eat, they pose for a polaroid photo at the restaurant, taking what appears to be a perfect family picture. As she basks in the glory of pretending this family is hers, Jo Eun Kang’s expression is full of joy. Stay tuned to find out whether her scheme will truly be successful!

Spoiler

Lee-Sang-Woo-Seo-Ji-Hye-1.jpg

Ahead of filming for this amusement park scene, it’s said that Seo Ji Hye and Lee Sang Woo were both overflowing with excitement. Despite the cold weather, both actors gave their best while filming on the roller coasters, earning praise for their realistic performances. In the scene where they’re picking out headbands, Seo Ji Hye and Lee Sang Woo made everyone on set crack up with their sincerity in sharing opinions with Oh Eun Seo. Additionally, both actors made sure to keep Oh Eun Seo warm while comforting her throughout their long and tiring filming session.

The producers of “Red Balloon” commented, “As she digs her way in between the relationship of Han Ba Da and Go Cha Won, you can see Jo Eun Kang’s elaborate, high-level strategy of also winning over Mi Poong. Please stay tuned to see the results of Jo Eun Kang’s big picture as she sets off on a happy outing at the amusement park like a family after intentionally making Han Ba Da meet [her middle school friend] Shin Gi Han (Choi Sung Jae).”

This upcoming episode of “Red Balloon” airs on January 14 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1562666wpp/seo-ji-hye-pretends-to-be-a-picture-perfect-family-with-lee-sang-woo-and-his-daughter-in-red-balloon

• Like 1

I incorrectly stated that it was 16 episodes; it's 20. I think that this might turn into a 2 season drama because there's so much stuff going on I'll be shocked if they resolve it in one season unless they rush everything in the last 4 episodes. There is absolutely nobody to root for except maybe 1 or 2 of the teenage children. All of them have secrets and are hard and stuff in their own way except for the 2nd female leads husband. I don't like men who are too big of a push over. I love gentlemen, alpha enough to set your straight, gentle enough to hug!

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 9! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Crash Course In Romance” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings; “Agency” And “Payback” Hit New All-Time Highs

TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” also earned its highest ratings to date for a Saturday, when its ratings are typically lower compared to Sundays. The hit drama scored an average nationwide rating of 6.7 percent for its latest episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1562929wpp/crash-course-in-romance-premieres-to-no-1-ratings-agency-and-payback-hit-new-all-time-highs

• Like 1

I am at ep 10. Both the husband and wife are cheating. The husband is doing it with his wife's best friend and co-worker. :scream: In Love twist, that happened too, the most unbelievable ending was the two women maintained their besties status. What rubbish!

I don't think it will happen here. Even though there was some comedic relief with Chairman Ko, the tone of the episode is serious. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 9:39 AM, maribella said:

I haven't started :grimace: The cheating part is worrisome. I have just been reading the summaries.

Sorry for the late reply, but i did try the first episode and I couldn't even finish the first episode. All this cheating and lying between all the characters, I can't watch it. I have been scarred by Love  ft marraige and divorce. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Sorry for the late reply, but i did try the first episode and I couldn't even finish the first episode. All this cheating and lying between all the characters, I can't watch it. I have been scarred by Love  ft marraige and divorce. 

That's ok, I don't know if I could  watch all episodes, it's already halfway. There were some funny moments.

The FL is like a psycho. I remember an American that had a nanny turned psycho. It was her family etc. 

• Blob 1

7 hours ago, maribella said:

That's ok, I don't know if I could  watch all episodes, it's already halfway. There were some funny moments.

The FL is like a psycho. I remember an American that had a nanny turned psycho. It was her family etc. 

I don't think the 1st female lead is psycho, but she is on a revenge spree for being treated as a doormat by her so-called best friend and her best friend's mother. Her friend treats her like the errand girl she feels sorry for. Plus, it turns out she blocked eligible men from dating her and then they also turn on her think she is pathetic. The man Ba Da will cheat on her husband with AGAIN is the same one that wanted the female lead at first, but was trashing her instead; she just overhead it. By the end of today's episode, she is successfully bedding her best friend's husband. I think that he will even divorce her.