[Drama 2022] Red Balloon - 빨간 풍선

0ly40

Lee Sang Woo Takes A Risk To Secretly Follow Hong Soo Hyun In “Red Balloon”

Lee Sang Woo Takes A Risk To Secretly Follow Hong Soo Hyun In “Red Balloon”

Red Balloon” has previewed new stills of Lee Sang Woo and Hong Soo Hyun!

TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” is a thrilling yet passionate story about the sense of deprivation we all feel when comparing ourselves to others, the thirst of jealous ambition, and our struggles to quench that thirst. Seo Ji Hye stars as Jo Eun Kang, who dreams of becoming a teacher but instead works as a tutor after consistently failing her employment exams. Lee Sang Woo plays Han Ba Da’s (Hong Soo Hyun’s) husband Go Cha Won, who is a dermatologist.

Spoilers

Previously, Han Ba Da learned of her husband Go Cha Won’s affair with Jo Eun Kang. After expressing her furiousness at Go Cha Won, she submitted the divorce papers and drew sympathy from the viewers as she sobbed bitterly.

The newly released stills depict Go Cha Won cautiously and furtively trailing Han Ba Da. Go Cha Won stays up all night in front of the home shopping building in order to understand Han Ba Da’s whereabouts. When Han Ba Da finally leaves the building after a long period of waiting, Go Cha Won hangs up his call to chase after her. Go Cha Won is unable to take his sharp gaze off Han Ba Da as he follows her despite the risk, raising curiosity for the reason why and if there will be a new twist in their relationship.

Red-Balloon-.jpeg

The production team shared, “Please check through today’s broadcast to see what will happen in the future for Han Ba Da and Go Cha Won, who are experiencing even more extreme [ups and downs] than a roller coaster in their psychological states after filing their divorce papers,” while also praising Hong Soo Hyun’s and Lee Sang Woo’s exceptional emotional portrayals.

The next episode of “Red Balloon” will air on February 12 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1566422wpp/lee-sang-woo-takes-a-risk-to-secretly-follow-hong-soo-hyun-in-red-balloon

On 2/11/2023 at 8:10 AM, TheQueenReturns said:

BaDa is the FIRST character that have no sympathy for after being betrayed! The betrayal was beyond wrong AND this heifer cheated twice herself, but those beans have not been spilled yet! She trying to beat him to the punch by divorcing him BUT I need that other shoe to drop on her next episode. She has TOO high of an opinion of herself! Outside of the affair, her husband was good to her, but she was busy being Alpha Woman hear me roar, abandoning her husband and kid consistently! This witch got a nerve! She said her husband was horrible in bed. She was wanting that popr performing pipe and was mad when she did not get it! Eun Kan is such a doormat that Bada dows not think she will spill the beans.

Spill the beans Eun Kan! Who is the father? Tell on that hot and steamy make out session she has with her ex. Eun Kang should have just told her the complete truth. Eun Kan finally heard what that family she wanted to join really thought about her.

Every last one of them, including Bada always thought she was beneath them and worthless even if there was no affair! That was cruel. Eun Kan did wrong, but she was there for everyone holding them down like flue. She didn't get parasitic until the end 

Her so-called FRIEND FINALLY got to see firsthand how Eun Kan had been treated by her clients.

I agree with all of this! Haha 

Here are the ratings for Episode 16! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Crash Course In Romance,” “Red Balloon,” “Agency,” And “Three Bold Siblings” Hit Their Highest Ratings Yet

Weekend dramas enjoyed increases in viewership across the board last night!

TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” also reached its own all-time high in viewership, rising to a nationwide average of 9.5 percent,

https://www.soompi.com/article/1566516wpp/crash-course-in-romance-red-balloon-agency-and-three-bold-siblings-hit-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

Really hate how now Eun Kang groveling and begging for forgiveness even though the persona she built up was being  conniving, sneaky, and two-faced. She should have played that character all the way through to now. Like you made a fool of her, lied to her countless times, and was aggressive to her mother that one time out of built-up frustration. No going back from that so might as well spill the beans on how she was sick of being Ba Da's lapdog.

On 2/12/2023 at 9:09 PM, TheTranMan said:

Really hate how now Eun Kang groveling and begging for forgiveness even though the persona she built up was being  conniving, sneaky, and two-faced. She should have played that character all the way through to now. Like you made a fool of her, lied to her countless times, and was aggressive to her mother that one time out of built-up frustration. No going back from that so might as well spill the beans on how she was sick of being Ba Da's lapdog.

Yes, it's as if the writer cannot decide what this character is going to be. 
Just go for it. If she was conniving to take over BD's life, continue with it, otherwise it's like a hiccough in her otherwise errand-woman character. If there is no BD, I'm sure she'll be a doormat for another man or woman. 

In the preview however  she did proposition the guy to continue with it. So I am guessing, they will continue.

The man is typical of cheaters in real life too. While complaining about how his wife has not put their daughter's well being high in her priorities, he cheated on his wife risking their marriage, how's that about putting their daughter as a priority?  Even if it's once, the environment that caused him to cheat had not changed. So most likely it will happen again. Just kill the marriage. It's the poor little girl's destiny.

Viewers who cannot accept infidelity will detest her and her sister, no matter how remorseful they were and how unforgiving the wife was like BD, or even if she turned cheating like GA.

• Like 2

I agree that Eun-kang groveling is pretty weird. I notice that it's all directly related to the parents (Chan-won and Bada's) wanting to meet her parents. Like, she'll beg and grovel just to prevent that. Not that she is actually sorry.

In comparison, Eun-san is better. At least she's not groveling. "Better" of course, being relative.

I don't know how this will end but I really don't see these broken marriages ever being repaired.

I guess I enjoyed Bada ripping Eun-kang and Chan-won a new one in that cafe, but, it seemed so... well, it just went on and on and on...  I guess I'm impressed that the actress memorized all those lines, basically. Sort of funny that the biddies at the next table were clapping. Surprised that no one took videos on their phone. I expected everything to end up all over the internet.

I was screaming with laughter when Nam-cheol was hiding from Eun-san with his hand clasped over his mouth. SERIOUSLY, that was hilarious. They shot this like a melodrama from decades ago. But it's just so absurd.

Also pretty funny was when Old Man Go forced Chan-won and Nam-cheol to go into the lake in the mountains. Is this a martial arts movie? WTF.

This writer is just really good at creating degenerate characters. I really hate everyone. (Except for the kids.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

12 hours ago, maribella said:

BD has moved on but the Choi sisters are still offering themselves. What chance do the wives have? :lol:

yeah, move on and fix her life, sometimes you have to get out of what is familiar to get a better perspective.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I agree that Eun-kang groveling is pretty weird. I notice that it's all directly related to the parents (Chan-won and Bada's) wanting to meet her parents. Like, she'll beg and grovel just to prevent that. Not that she is actually sorry.

In comparison, Eun-san is better. At least she's not groveling. "Better" of course, being relative.

I don't know how this will end but I really don't see these broken marriages ever being repaired.

I guess I enjoyed Bada ripping Eun-kang and Chan-won a new one in that cafe, but, it seemed so... well, it just went on and on and on...  I guess I'm impressed that the actress memorized all those lines, basically. Sort of funny that the biddies at the next table were clapping. Surprised that no one took videos on their phone. I expected everything to end up all over the internet.

I was screaming with laughter when Nam-cheol was hiding from Eun-san with his hand clasped over his mouth. SERIOUSLY, that was hilarious. They shot this like a melodrama from decades ago. But it's just so absurd.

Also pretty funny was when Old Man Go forced Chan-won and Nam-cheol to go into the lake in the mountains. Is this a martial arts movie? WTF.

This writer is just really good at creating degenerate characters. I really hate everyone. (Except for the kids.)

Yeah everyone really sucks. Liked Eun Kang until she was found out. Then all her woe is me attitude made me glad she got slapped.

21 hours ago, chickfactor said:

was screaming with laughter when Nam-cheol was hiding from Eun-san with his hand clasped over his mouth. SERIOUSLY, that was hilarious. They shot this like a melodrama from decades ago. But it's just so absurd.

He's a weepy guy.:lol: The preview still showed him telling her to stay away. I wonder how long that will continue. Now he knows his wife is cheating on him, wait till he finds out the other man is his mistress' uncle. More crying?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Seo Ji Hye Makes A Shocking Style Transformation In “Red Balloon”

Seo Ji Hye Makes A Shocking Style Transformation In “Red Balloon”

Seo Ji Hye will make a surprising transformation on the next episode of JTBC’s “Red Balloon”!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Red Balloon,” Jo Eun Kang (Seo Ji Hye) seemed to be turning to the dark side after facing crushing blows to her pride and self-esteem.

When Go Mul Sang (Yoon Joo Sang) harshly told her she wasn’t good enough for his son, Jo Eun Kang’s chilling change in facial expression suggested that his brutal words may not have affected her the way he’d hoped. Instead of staying away from Go Cha Won (Lee Sang Woo), Jo Eun Kang sought him out and seduced him by saying, “Even though I’m frightened and afraid, I want to take this all the way to the end to find out where that end lies.”

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Jo Eun Kang takes things a step further by undergoing a dramatic makeover in what seems to be Han Ba Da (Hong Soo Hyun)’s image. In stark contrast to her usual style, Jo Eun Kang dons an eye-catching pink suit with a matching scarf that looks exactly like something Han Ba Da would wear—and she also sports a brand-new haircut quite similar to Han Ba Da’s signature bob.

Not only does Jo Eun Kang fully adopt Han Ba Da’s style—right down to her newly manicured fingernails—but she even goes so far as to imitate Han Ba Da while ordering coffee at a café.

Seo-Ji-Hye-2-1.jpgSeo-Ji-Hye-3-1.jpg

Spoiler

Seo-Ji-Hye-4.jpg

To find out why Jo Eun Kang has decided to transform into Han Ba Da 2.0, tune in to the next episode of “Red Balloon” on February 18 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1567172wpp/seo-ji-hye-makes-a-shocking-style-transformation-in-red-balloon

• Like 2

Seems Eun Kang is going  the "Fatal Attraction" way? So her friend, her ex and everyone else treated her like the way she let them treat her, the way she thinks and thought of herself. Others are only mirroring her thoughts. If she knew that Bada took advantage of her why did she stay? She stayed with the man she called her boyfriend who treated her like a dish rag? He was good for nothing who took advantage of her, so was it just his fault? She is getting a little scary there putting on a wig, miniskirt and boots to act like Bada? She needs therapy, they all do, but EK looks like she is losing it.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

12 minutes ago, lila21 said:

Seems Eun Kang is going  the "Fatal Attraction" way? So her friend, her ex and everyone else treated her like the way she let them treat her, the way she thinks and thought of herself. Others are only mirroring her thoughts. If she knew that Bada took advantage of her why did she stay? She stayed with the man she called her boyfriend who treated her like a dish rag? He was good for nothing who took advantage of her, so was it just his fault? She is getting a little scary there putting on a wig, miniskirt and boots to act like Bada? She needs therapy, they all do, but EK looks like she is losing it.

I think this writer is going a bit much, turning her from a low self esteem woman to a two timing 'good friend', that seems high likely for a no talent person to achieve a good life, but turning her into a delusional woman?  Maybe the writer has been building up that storyline since she went on the day out with the guy and daughter. Still not convincing :smirk:.

There are 4 more episodes, it seems too short for her to turn raving mad, I hope she'll go to a good doctor before the end. Although I don't see a kumbaya ending on the way.

• Like 2

She has not gone crazy. But it seems they had cared for each other for a long time. Now the writer has BD, her in laws belittling her again and again. That was what she felt. It seems the writer is using her relationship with CW for her to find her dignity and herself. Does it make it less tawdry?  It is not just a roll in the hay, but a higher feeling of real love? 

In the preview, there were flashes of BD being upset seeing them but he had also  asked EK to be together. This writer presents the two mistresses as nice warm loving people who follow their honest feelings. BD is cold and an ambitious career woman who somehow cares and does not care for her child, rather inconsistent. Her redeemable trait is that she is a responsible person, paying off her father's debts and looking after her sickly mother. It makes her a stern unbending person. I can see a divorce here.

I can't comment much on CW since his presence was mainly in the background in the last few episodes that I had watched - ok that I did not FFW much. In this episode he admits to EK that he has been attracted to her and wondering about her in a romantic/sexual manner. In a confrontation with BD, EK accused her of throwing her husband and her together because BD underestimated her as a woman. She seduced the guy and he was willing. Ok go on, there's nothing wrong with what she did.

Tart, justify any which way, he will cheat on you too, with the nanny or the fat housekeeper like Schwartneggar. :joy:

I think this marriage is dead and gone.:rip:

GA refused to give up her relationship. It looked like he went back to his mistress, but previews can be misleading. Her marriage is dead and gone too. :rip:

The old guy said to EK that men don't breakup their marriages for a woman. But it looked like he might. His wife wanted a divorce.

Three more episodes.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maribella said:

In a confrontation with BD, EK accused her of throwing her husband and her together because BD underestimated her as a woman. She seduced the guy and he was willing. Ok go on, there's nothing wrong with what she did.

Tart, justify any which way, he will cheat on you too, with the nanny or the fat housekeeper like Schwartneggar. :joy:

delusions can be reasons for blindness

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

That cafe scene with BD confronting the cheats was extremely satisfying. NGL, I may have re-watched it a few times.

I almost almost fell for CWs act, chasing and caring for BD. I thought maybe just maybe bd could forgive him just this once... ugh im too soft but nah after this episode, i rather they divorce. He has no balls, just a flimsy weakling. I hope actually EK and hm get together officially, ought to teach his mum a lesson too.

Really thought EK lost it when she pretended to be BD. She never really liked CW did she, all she coveted was what bd had.

no idea where this drama is heading...

I wonder if bd will forgive her for the jewellery incident or was it her pulling bds hair because of it?

• Like 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 17! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Crash Course In Romance,” “Agency,” And “Red Balloon” All Achieve Their Highest Saturday Ratings To Date

tvN’s “Crash Course in Romance,” JTBC’s “Agency,” and TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” continue to draw new viewers!

On February 18, all three dramas achieved their highest viewership ratings to date for a Saturday (when their ratings are typically lower compared to Sundays).

while “Red Balloon” earned a nationwide average of 8.9 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1567199wpp/crash-course-in-romance-agency-and-red-balloon-all-achieve-their-highest-saturday-ratings-to-date

• Like 1

Will the last 2 episodes end in people getting murdered? Was the stingy, miserly, money hoarding old man bamboozled by crooks for millions and the taxi driver father of the women cheaters involved? :lol: In the preview, it looks like the the taxi driver patriarch will be bat beaten or is it the old man who got beaten by the taxi driving dad? However, was it Eun San who was involved in the money swindle? Seems she is happily going to get her dream of driving a jeep and volunteering in the dessert fulfilled? There was a plane  ticket shown, was it in Eun San's name? No character in this drama will be saved at the end it seems.

So Eun Kang did Bada dirty too in revenge. She has the will to do so when pushed just like the one she pulled on her old boyfriend. She stole Bada's design and gave it to the fraudster who claimed the design was hers and got Bada fired and reputation as a fine jewel designer destroyed. Unknowingly Eun Kang goes on a "trip" with Bada who drives her to the police station, charged with theft of her design and selling it to another fraud designer. Finally, it seems Nam Chul got the will to leave his miserable marriage? This is a mess of a drama with messed people messing themselves all over the place. Who wins or loses the cheaters, the people cheated or they all lose?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

This is why I should've stop watching in episode 4: This writer has no clue the point she wants to convey OR they likely went through many reshoots and changed a lot. Bada had the right to get even regarding her jewelry issue and even for her husband cheating BUT the issue still remains that BADA CHEATED 2X herself; the writer wants to memory hole it. For the theft of her design and subsequent loss of her business, Eun Kang more than deserves to get dragged. What Eun Kang did was EVIL! This show is definitely worse than Revolutionary Sisters. 

Bada's friend outburst in public was not cute. She looked like she was pleased at what she did after she did it. Those ahjumma's at the cafe need to get their life and mind their business. Still, that is the hard consequences of sin.

As for everything else, BADA is still dead wrong, she cheated herself!!! How dare she!

• Like 1

Seo Ji Hye And Lee Sang Woo Get Intimate With Each Other In “Red Balloon”

Seo Ji Hye And Lee Sang Woo Get Intimate With Each Other In “Red Balloon”

JTBC’s “Red Balloon” shared new stills of Seo Ji Hye and Lee Sang Woo!

TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” is a thrilling yet passionate story about the sense of deprivation we all feel when comparing ourselves to others, the thirst of jealous ambition, and our struggles to quench that thirst. Seo Ji Hye stars as Jo Eun Kang, who dreams of becoming a teacher but instead works as a tutor after consistently failing her employment exams. Lee Sang Woo plays Han Ba Da’s (Hong Soo Hyun’s) husband Go Cha Won, who is a dermatologist.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Jo Eun Kang was depicted making her counterattack against Han Ba Da for the sense of deprivation and trampled pride she built due to her over the past 20 years. With Go Cha Won at a loss as to what to do and with Jo Eun Kang’s anxiety increasing amid the growing scorn, she bombarded Go Cha Won after he went to a gathering with Han Ba Da. Jo Eun Kang also went to Han Ba Da and provoked her by saying that she will live her life. 

The newly released stills depict Jo Eun Kang and Go Cha Won expressing their heated feelings for one another. They get intimate as they share a fierce make-out session on the couch.

Red-Balloon-5.jpeg

The production team shared, “This scene [makes viewers] curious about the relationship between Jo Eun Kang and Go Cha Won after the ending of episode 17 in which Jo Eun Kang declared her counterattack against Han Ba Da.”

The next episode of “Red Balloon” airs on February 19 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1567237wpp/seo-ji-hye-and-lee-sang-woo-get-intimate-with-each-other-in-red-balloon

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1