[Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Hidden Love 偷偷藏不住

SC2019

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Jaythy said:

Has anyone read the novel? 

What are your thoughts on JianXu having his photo with SZ at his graduation displayed at his home.

I did, and following the manhua too.

Spoiler

The Sang family has been good to Duan Jia Xu - Sang Yan as dorm mate and college buddy, Mr & Mrs Sang for helping with the money when DJX needed for his mother's treatment, and Sang Zhi for the joy of a caring younger sibling.

DJX has always been the kind, affectionate elder brother, though he certainly didn't tolerate SZ's shenanigans. They're close too, in fact closer than compared to he and she to SY, and had confided to each other, so that grad photo displayed at his Yi He apartment ain't really a surprise.

• Blob 1

So happy i found this series with Zhao Lusi!  First time seeing ML, CZY. He's definitely an eye candy!

First episode held my attention and even made me crack up between the sister and brother relationship.

I'm hooked, they did a good job with the opening episode.

Anyone know where I can read the novel with English translation or the actual novel name. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, littlemay said:

So happy i found this series with Zhao Lusi!  First time seeing ML, CZY. He's definitely an eye candy!

First episode held my attention and even made me crack up between the sister and brother relationship.

I'm hooked, they did a good job with the opening episode.

Anyone know where I can read the novel with English translation or the actual novel name. Thanks!

https://88tangeatdrinkread.wordpress.com/2020/02/21/secretly-secretly-but-unable-to-hide-it-偷偷藏不住-by-zhu-yi-竹已-table-of-content/

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Hidden Love 偷偷藏不住, premiered June 20, starring Zhao Lu Si & Chen Zhe Yuan

The Yihu airport scene..

Oh, no...the misunderstanding..  Im sure the girl wasnt JX's girlfriend..  

I thought for a moment that JX realized SZ was talking about him..

FzMiZ0RaQAEzObs?format=jpg&name=large

I like SZ's roommates and JM seems like a nice guy. 

Liked the scene when they just sat in silence and watched the moon.

FzMuCTzaUAEQ6m5?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

This plot just never gets old I tell ya, no matter how many times it gets done over and over and over again. Yet.. I still watch it LoL.

Somehow it feels fresh this time. Maybe 'cause it's a better cast LoL? That sure helps. Lu Si is in a typical role. She looks the part and even acts like a child to a T. However, at times she appears to be on the spectrum disorder ahah? But mostly she nails it.

She is reunited with her mom from "A Love Like the Galaxy" here. I enjoy her interactions with her bro. It's v.accurate although he's actually pretty nice. Wished my older bros were more like him sighs..

The ml for some reason appear more dreamy here LoL.. love the slow burn between the 2 but am also impatient ahah. He sometimes appear to be jealous and looks at Zhi a certain way.. hmm. 

Have watched 6 ep. so far and it's pretty wholesome. Reminds me of "A Love So Beautiful" that charm that captures the vibe of youth etc. 

Oh just noticed that Jia Xu has gifted Zhi 3? Plushies so far. And they're all animals LoL. A fox, a bear(?) , husky eheh.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

ep 9

I liked their bickering about SZ using the honorific when she addresses JX...  :D

JX  liked that accidental kiss but he was  still worried about how SZ would interpret it. 

The girl, JY, is so annoying.... :rolleyes:

The guy from the Sports Department is tall and handsome...

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

On 6/24/2023 at 8:09 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

However, at times she appears to be on the spectrum disorder ahah? But mostly she nails it.

LOL !! 
I like ZLS a lot and watch her shows but in this one, there were fleeting moments when I had similar thoughts you had.

I thought the drama handle the underage portion of the ML-FL interaction very well, toeing the fine lines between kinship/friendship/ romantic relationship. Ultra slow burn.

but there was a turning point. And boy, he is bringing it on. Am quite enjoying it! 
both are so cute! 

On 6/27/2023 at 1:23 PM, ElleSor said:

I love how DJX just goes for it when he realizes that it's possible that she likes him.

Flirty him is so adorable. 

ikr!! :heart3:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

In ep. 14, when they were at the movies Jia Xu offers to hold Zhi Zhi's drink. I was like, there're cup holders yo. Also cinemas usually don't allow patrons to bring in outside food, drinks. Maybe in China it's more lax Idk LoL?

Later they head over to Jia Xu's place to celebrate her b'day. Where he sets up the rooftop complete with cakes - exposed to open air for God knows how long!?! I mean he wanted to watch out for Zhi Zhi's allergies, but am afraid she might get food poisoning instead ahahah!

Idk I find them both sort of silly LoL with the goin' back and forth with the courtship or it's just me (shrug) I kinda wish Zhi Zhi's roommates mind their own business LoL? But girls oh well LoL. 

Jiang Ming is real sweet & a giant but I wish he moves on. Why isn't that nerdy roommate of Zhi Zhi makin' the moves on the guy? Oh will we get to meet Sang Yan's love interest in later ep.? He's quite the hottie himself eheh.

• LOL 1