[Drama 2023] Strong Girl Nam-Soon/Strong Woman Kang Nam Soon, 힘쎈여자 강남순

larus

Bread Song is one of the weirder characters I have met in a drama (oh yeah....) :sweat_smile:

I really hope that Hwa Ja makes it and transforms into a better person and second daughter. Actually, I can see where a lot of characters have the potential to either use their powers or influence for good or evil, and it's up to them to make that choice. (Yes, even the main baddie! And not just because he's good looking; he's done horrific things and in real life I find him repellent, but in terms of storytelling and character development, the jury is still out on which path he'll ultimately choose. As Nam Soon indicated.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Spoiler

Lee Yoo Mi And Ong Seong Wu Gear Up For Counterattacks Against Byun Woo Seok In “Strong Girl Namsoon”

Lee Yoo Mi And Ong Seong Wu Gear Up For Counterattacks Against Byun Woo Seok In “Strong Girl Namsoon”

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” has shared new stills ahead of the next episode!

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a comedy about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they investigate drug-related crimes occurring around the Gangnam area.

Spoilers

Previously, Gang Nam Soon (Lee Yoo Mi) and Gang Hee Shik (Ong Seong Wu) obtained the new synthetic drug “CTA 4885” and also uncovered the existence of an antidote. However, their challenges escalated when it was revealed that the diet pills taken by Gang Nam In (Han Sang Jo) were also a new synthetic drug. As the new synthetic drug infiltrates even the lives of those around them, the focus intensifies on how Gang Nam Soon, Hwang Geum Joo (Kim Jung Eun), and Gang Hee Shik will confront Ryu Shi Oh (Byun Woo Seok).

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Gang Nam Soon finds herself once again taken aback by Ryu Shi Oh’s unexpected remarks. Ryu Shi Oh, who previously created chaos with an unexpected confession to Gang Nam Soon, surprises her once more. In another still, Gang Nam Soon pauses her meal and sends a warning cutely to Ryu Shi Oh, prompting an unexpected shift in his attitude as he is not expecting this reaction from Gang Nam Soon. Viewers are curious to find out the true intentions behind Ryu Shi Oh’s confession and whether Gang Nam Soon’s counterattack will prove successful.

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-1.jpeg

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-3.jpeg

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-4.jpeg

Other stills showcase the tense appearance of the Narcotics Investigation Team at the funeral home of Team Leader Ha Dong Seok (Jung Seung Gil). Initially rendered speechless and bowing his head in mourning, Gang Hee Shik later rises with visible anger etched across his sorrowful face. Fueled by this anger, Gang Hee Shik will boldly step forward, determined to dismantle the new synthetic drug based on a crucial clue left by Ha Dong Seok.

Spoiler

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-2.jpeg

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-5.jpeg

Strong-Girl-Namsoon-6.jpeg

The production team shared, “Gang Nam In’s drug addiction and Ha Dong Seok’s death will serve as turning points that awaken Gang Nam Soon and Gang Hee Shik.

The upcoming episodes will dynamically unfold their relentless counterattack to eradicate the new synthetic drug.”

The next episode of “Strong Girl Namsoon” airs on November 11 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625637wpp/lee-yoo-mi-and-ong-seong-wu-gear-up-for-counterattacks-against-byun-woo-seok-in-strong-girl-namsoon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20231111051501_Namgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin-November Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Nov 11, 2023
by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between October 7 and November 7.

“Strong Girl Namsoon” star Lee Yoo Mi came in at a close third with a brand reputation index of 3,425,074 for November.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Namgoong Min
  2. Ahn Eun Jin
  3. Lee Yoo Mi
  4. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  5. Park Eun Bin
  6. Lee Da In
  7. Hwang Jung Eum
  8. Lee Yoo Bi
  9. Rowoon
  10. Park Gyu Young
  11. Ong Seong Wu
  12. Byun Woo Seok
  13. Uhm Ki Joon
  14. Lee Joon
  15. Yoon Kye Sang
  16. Lim Ji Yeon
  17. Lee Hyun Woo
  18. Yoo Na
  19. Kim So Hyun
  20. Park Sung Woong
  21. Kim Hyo Jin
  22. Uee
  23. Chae Jong Hyeop
  24. Kim Young Kwang
  25. Kim Yoon Woo
  26. Lee Joon Gi
  27. Park Hae Jin
  28. Cho Yi Hyun
  29. Shin Ha Kyun
  30. Lee Hak Joo

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625743wpp/november-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-announced-2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Ep 11 SPOILERS

Shi-Oh’s lines to Nam-Soon at the onset. :fullofhearts: What a man does….I hope he gets redemption too.  Sighs.  He learned the atrocities of how to kill and maim from an earlier age being a prisoner…

Yes, he’s can be cruel and is dangerous but Save him now because no one did when he was a child in — I don't know -Siberia.  Nam-Soon was saved in Mongolia as a child. :tears: for Shi-Oh.

It was sad about the police captain but what could the underlings do about?  Talk about between a rock and a hard place.

Grandma’s zebra dress was outstanding.  Still unsure about her intended??? He may be a red herring in the list of criminals associated with Mr Bread and the narcotic ring or he may be genuine.

Yay, Nam-In is safe.  Whew!

Now what about mom’s assistant?  Until next time….

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 11! :).

“Korea-Khitan War” Premiere Beats “Castaway Diva” As “My Dearest” Heads Into Final Week On Ratings Rise

“Korea-Khitan War” Premiere Beats “Castaway Diva” As “My Dearest” Heads Into Final Week On Ratings Rise

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” took first place in its time slot across all cable channels with an average nationwide rating of 7.6 percent,

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625811wpp/korea-khitan-war-premiere-beats-castaway-diva-as-my-dearest-heads-into-final-week-on-ratings-rise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20231112104631_ong-seong-wu-kim-jung-eunOng Seong Wu And Kim Jung Eun Begin To Retaliate Against Evil In “Strong Girl Namsoon”

Nov 12, 2023
by S. Nam

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” has dropped new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a comedy about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they investigate drug-related crimes occurring around the Gangnam area.

Spoilers

Previously, Hwang Geum Joo (Kim Jung Eun) and Gang Hee Shik (Ong Seong Wu) began to retaliate against Ryu Shi Oh (Byun Woo Seok), exposing information about the synthetic drug “CTA 4885” and intersecting a shipment of the drugs.

The newly released stills preview Hwang Geum Joo and Gang Hee Shik’s fight for victory. In the stills, Madam Kim (Park Hye Na) disguises herself as a nurse in order to sneak up upon Hwang Geum Joo, who she mistakenly believed to be greatly hurt. However, the stills depict Hwang Geum Joo making a surprise attack on on Madam Kim, fighting against her with just one hand.

Kim-Jung-Eun-Ong-Seong-Wu-2.jpg

Meanwhile, Gang Hee Shik is out to round up those who are distributing drugs, and his next target while in search for a witness is Tae Ri (Han Da Hee) who sold Hwang Geum Joo the antidote. Gang Hee Shik wears a fierce gaze as he blocks Tae Ri’s car, raising anticipation for whether Gang Hee Shik will be able to gain crucial evidence from her.

Kim-Jung-Eun-Ong-Seong-Wu-3.jpg

The production team shared, “Hwang Geum Joo and Gang Hee Shik’s cooperation will unfold in an even more dynamic manner. Hwang Geum Joo, Gang Hee Shik, and Ryu Shi Oh’s all-out battle will add thrilling excitement.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625844wpp/ong-seong-wu-and-kim-jung-eun-begin-to-retaliate-against-evil-in-strong-girl-namsoon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

EP 12 SPOILERS

The drama has added another silly subplot and love interest.  Why with 4 episodes to go?  Make up your mind and let us know what kind of drama you are, please.

Nam-Soon living with Hee-Shik is rather fast and forced into the storyline when she can clearly be put into a place by her mother, or police with secrecy.  The writing is not good but I repeat "forced".  His place seems inappropriate but these officials get themselves into all sorts of trouble like the general counsel with foreign education for his child and mistress both living abroad.  The US is expensive.  I don't feel sorry for them as they made their beds....And this impending marriage is required by a certain age, per HS's mother and writer.

I don't like Nam-Soon for insisting from Shi-Oh to know everything about him if she has not confessed all.  She is becoming dishonest and should quit now that she knows he wants to kill her family.  It's tedious. The drug informant plot can stop so she is at least honest with him.  This is not good look on her innocent act.

Again, what happened to the mother's assistant?  Guem Joo knew her exposure would have consequences and should have informed all immediately involved and in danger of a change in plans re security.....

Shi-Oh wanted the drug to become stronger than his enemies.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mskololia1 said:

The drama has added another silly subplot and love interest.  Why with 4 episodes to go?  Make up your mind and let us know what kind of drama you are, please.

I so agree with this. This drama's plot has been all over the place, and the writer keeps adding subplots and focusing on too many supporting characters.

Also, the kiss at the end of ep 12 felt forced and not at all heart-fluttering. I was rooting for these two but let's face it, they have barely had any screen time. There are more scenes of Ryu Shi Oh and Namsoon, than there are of Hee Sik and Namsoon. There has been very little build-up of chemistry. So I feel like the kiss fell flat.

@joccu @Sleepy Owl And don't get me started on how useless the police is in this drama. The investigation is moving at a snail's pace. :unamused: Civilians are solving the case faster than the police.

Cillian Murphy No GIF by ARTEfr

Heck, even though Namsoon's dad says that the ladies in the family are blessed with strength but not with high IQ, these ladies are smarter than the police in this drama.

Sassy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Would normally have said adios to the rest of the drama after ep 12, but since there are only 4 episodes left, I'll stick it out. @sweetroad @kingpin @Ameera Ali @frozentundra @lebeaucouple @ferily @ktcjdrama

Arnold Schwarzenegger Loop GIF by xponentialdesign

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 12! :).

“Korea-Khitan War” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Castaway Diva” Wraps Up 1st Half On Surge

“Korea-Khitan War” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Castaway Diva” Wraps Up 1st Half On Surge

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” also took first place in its time slot across all cable channels, rising to an average nationwide rating of 8.5 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625980wpp/korea-khitan-war-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-as-castaway-diva-wraps-up-1st-half-on-surge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The JTBC crime-comedy drama Strong Girl Namsoon also observed a decline. The K-drama dropped to a nationwide rating of 7.57% (episode 11) from 8.72% (episode 10). By the looks of it, Strong Girl Namsoon will also be struggling to reach double-digit viewership. 

But, looking at data from top10.netflix.com, the K-drama went from ranking fifth in the last week of October to ranking fourth in the first week of November, indicating its increasing global popularity.

As of November 5, Strong Girl Namsoon has 23.1 million viewed hours on Netflix. 

Z80yW7_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Strong Girl Namsoon?

Episode 12 of Strong Girl Namsoon will air on November 12 (Sunday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/castaway-diva-hits-low-for-the-first-time-my-dearest-part-2-sees-improvement

• Thanks 2

I do wish they would spend a little more time with our leads instead of SO much screen time for Si-Oh. 

19 hours ago, mskololia1 said:

Shi-Oh wanted the drug to become stronger than his enemies. 

Ah. This makes sense!

I mean...I think Si-Oh is an interesting character, and if anyone can reform him, it's cheerful Tschecheg. (sorry for mispellings) But with SO much screen time devoted to them, it's starting to feel like the Tschecheg-Si Oh show instead. 

For as "all over the place and over the top" as this show is, I still think it holds together better than the original show.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

I really haven't liked the villain in the early episodes (I think I'm still on ep 5) and hearing that Hee Sik and Namsoon don't have much screen time together is not drawing me back to the show! What a bummer! They are so adorable in the first few eps.

I need some dramas that have zero villains. I can't handle evil people right now who want to rule the world. We have enough of those in real life. :(

• Sad 4

Strong Girl Nam-soon: Episodes 11-12

by mistyisles

Tragedy strikes close to home for our heroes, pushing them to act before it’s too late to save the people they care about. Meanwhile, our villain wrestles between his old allegiances and his own (equally violent) agenda.

EPISODES 11-12

While Nam-soon skirts around Shi-oh’s proposal that they date, our heroes are hit with two emergencies at once. Dong-seok, sadly, is dead. But he fought hard to the bitter end, and used his final days to compile notes and evidence about the drug’s effect for Hee-shik to find. Nam-in, on the other hand, is still alive, but without the antidote, it’s only a matter of time before the drug kills him, too.

Geum-joo stays by Nam-in’s side so Nam-soon and Bong-go can track down TAE-RI (Han Da-hee), the woman who gave Nam-in the “diet pills.” With some help from Nam-soon’s formerly homeless friend, they finally succeed. The only problem is that Hee-shik, grief-stricken, has since stormed into Heritage Club and arrested one of Shi-oh’s minions, putting the whole group on high alert. Tae-ri is now under strict orders not speak to anyone.

Bong-go frets that it won’t matter anyway — after all, Geum-joo thinks she’s a superhero, so she’ll prioritize the greater good over paying off the bad guys, even to save her own son. But he’s wrong. When Geum-joo finally succeeds in contacting Tae-ri, she gives her a suitcase full of cash in exchange for the antidote, no questions asked. The antidote works instantly, and Geum-joo sincerely apologizes to both Nam-in and Bong-go. From now on, she’ll encourage Nam-in to eat whatever he wants and won’t mock his appearance.

Meanwhile, Shi-oh’s superiors in the Russian mafia group Pavel berate him for losing the coat that Nam-soon stole. By interrogating (read: torturing) the truck driver with a golf club, he discovers Hee-shik’s part in the theft, which tells him that Geum-joo was behind everything. And since it’s clear Geum-joo survived the Truck of Doom, Shi-oh takes to swearing at every inconvenience that she won’t be so lucky next time.

His one consolation is Nam-soon’s presence (which he doesn’t get nearly enough of for his liking during Nam-in’s brush with death). He’s not very good at love or friendship, he tells her, but she makes him want to learn. And after so long under Pavel’s thumb, he’s sick of doing as he’s told. With Nam-soon at his side, he feels confident enough to “rebel against his parents,” as he puts it. But considering he outright tells Nam-soon he wants her entire family dead (without knowing she’s one of them, of course), her sympathy for him can only go so far.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/11/strong-girl-nam-soon-episodes-11-12/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

48 minutes ago, THUG CAT said:

Is it weird  that I ship Si-Oh and Nam Soon? ohh my 2nd lead heart

Not weird.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

I mean, there are hardly any scenes of Namsoon and Hee Shik. And when there are, they're for the most part talking on the phone. Even the opening scene of Namsoon and Hee Shik in bed in ep 13 fell flat in my opinion. The buildup to it has been non-existent so couldn't really enjoy it.

Most scenes are of Namsoon and Shi Oh tbh. I still can't ship them, though, because essentially he is a villain and actually a really bad guy. What he did to mama's secretary today was no bueno.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

Ep 13

SPOILERS

Well, Ryu Shi Oh knows Nam-Soon is his nemesis daughter. Her grandmother’s word were right about her mother ergo her daughter.  Why is she leaving family members clueless like some omnipresent super powered hero?  Too easy peasy.  

I have no sympathy for the newscasting assistant.  You broadcast on criminal events involving the mafia (Russian to boot) and think life will go on as usual without witness protection and your sorry behind is poor and live alone?  Puhlease!

The fight between grandma’s men was anticlimactic like the “I love yous” at the beginning from the ML and FL.  We know nothing about the cop who has her mother’s millions to live as he wants.  Ugh.

Bad writing…..GLAD Shi Oh knows Nam Soon is a conniving liar and rat.

Here are the ratings for Episode 13! :).

“My Dearest” Finale Achieves Highest Ratings Of Its Entire Run

“My Dearest” Finale Achieves Highest Ratings Of Its Entire Run

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” also took first place in its time slot across all cable channels with an average nationwide rating of 7.4 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627148wpp/my-dearest-finale-achieves-highest-ratings-of-its-entire-run

20231119082648_ong-seong-woo-kim-jung-euOng Seong Woo And Kim Jung Eun Continue To Face Off Against Byun Woo Seok In “Strong Girl Namsoon”

Nov 19, 2023
by S. Nam

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Spoilers

Previously, Gang Nam Soon (Lee Yoo Mi), Hwang Geum Joo (Kim Jung Eun), and Gang Hee Shik (Ong Seong Wu) set out to find the antidote to the synthetic drug “CTA 4885.” Thanks to Gang Nam Soon’s performance, they were able to find the production site of the antidote as well as the market for the raw material. However, they faced unexpected trouble when Gang Hee Shik received disciplinary action as the drug investigative team was disbanded and Ryu Shi Oh (Byun Woo Seok) learned of Gang Nam Soon’s real identity.

The newly released stills depict Hwang Geum Joo at the Port of Busan as she changes her goal to focus on the antidote in order to capture Ryu Shi Oh. She visits Busan in order to chase down the market for the raw materials for the antidote, which are sea hares. There, Hwang Geum Joo unexpectedly runs into Brad Song (Akira Kim), who also looks surprised to see Hwang Geum Joo.

kim-jung-eun-akira-kim-.jpeg

Another still depicts Brad Song making a secret proposal to Hwang Geum Joo by whispering in her ear, raising questions about what the two are discussing.

kim-jung-eun-akira-kim-2.jpeg

An additional still also depicts Gang Hee Shik behind bars after getting caught during his private investigation, which he begins due to being unfairly disciplined. Meanwhile, Ryu Shi Oh cries in anger as he discovers that the person he trusted is actually Gang Nam Soon, raising anticipation for how their battle will continue to unfold.

Spoiler

strong-girl-namsoon-ong-seong-wu-3.jpeg

byun-woo-seok-5.jpeg

The production team shared, “The confrontation with the drug villain will unfold in an even more intense manner,” asking viewers to anticipation how the mother-daughter hero duo will face off against Ryu Shi Oh.

The next episode of “Strong Girl Namsoon” will air on November 19 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627185wpp/ong-seong-woo-and-kim-jung-eun-continue-to-face-off-against-byun-woo-seok-in-strong-girl-namsoon

• Like 1