[Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Lost You Forever 长相思

SC2019

Hello everyone!:waves:

I'm so addicted to this drama that I'm checking out as many discussion boards as I can find lol. Love reading all your thoughts. 

Wow! Ep 18's transformation of Xiao Liu to her true identity and form as Xiao Yao - a visual treat - superb performance and special effects. Yang Zi is the perfect cast for 6+XY! I cannot imagine anyone else for this role!

ep-18-Xiao-Yao-s-transformation.gif

This "lotus transformation" scene reminds me of LoF and YM's role. Fond memories. That was sooo good too.:wub:

Spoiler

GIF-ep44-FY-flashback-of-lotus.gif

I'm impressed and in awe of this LYF production - from casting to plot pacing to CGI special effects to settings, and more!

It's SOOO GOOD!:offtospace: KUDOS to cast+crew! Bring on more goodies!

On 8/5/2023 at 12:21 AM, QSD said:

Didn’t know man can be shy away from this. 

Not that he's shy. I thought he was being gentlemanly by giving her a kiss on her forehead instead. Besides having his "engagement" problem to settle first, he didn't want to kiss her on the lips until she's sure she loves him, and not just have pity for him.

Btw, love all your gifs. Please keep them coming. :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

It's has been awhile, but I am really enjoying (like alot) this Drama. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but i really like XL/FFB character. For ever scenes, he shows up his eyes tell a story that does not match his body language! It's the 2nd time I came across Tian Jian Ci and I think this is "his" breakout drama.

Now I'm hooked on watching every episodes of "Hello Saturday" where he's in variety show while i wait for new episodes of Lost You Forever! LOL, just love watching him be "Cool" while he is losing. :eats2:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Ep30.…

This episode should be named the damsel in distress and the devastation of her three male leads (and a frustrated bird). 

Spoiler

Xiao Yao was assassinated by someone taking revenge for his family whom her alleged father killed. 

Jing was first to get to her ( I was thinking of the beep beep roadrunner) despite being far away but fell into a self-induced coma after emo-protecting her from the magic flames, getting lightly charred in the process.

Cang Xuan was nearer but took an extraordinarily long time to get to her. He put her on an ice bed to preserve her body and had cultivators transfer their energy into her to try to resuscitate but refused to accept that she’s not far from vanishing into thin air. 

Xiang Liu the cool dude was the most useful - he’s the only one who is powerful enough to actually revive her. Informed by the worm that his lady love was on the brink of death, he dropped everything to run to her. Kinda swoony that. His trip to her was kind of hilarious though I know it shouldn’t be - at one point he vomited blood on his big bird and it looked like it was … rolling its eyes.

Gahhh tomorrow can’t come fast enough.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Question to all those who read the novel...

How do you feel about the scene from episode 30 where the 3 ML react to what happen to her in the forest? Maybe because i read the novel, i felt the novel was more vivid when compared to the actual scene in the forest. BUT, I do like how they did a great job depicting the the Horrific scene!  My heart still goes out to XL.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Was searching for a new Cdrama and stumbled on this one... so far I'm really enjoying every episode. 

Tan Jian and Deng Wei are really good! Love their characters.

Hate the big bad bird for eating the fluffy "whats it's name? :tears: Hope it stays away from anything cute and cuddly in the next episodes. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Allready read the novel and when it's adapted into a drama,  i was curious how Yang Zi and others will portray each character. And i think they did a great job, Xiao Yao in the novel was more cold person  than in the drama. But Xiang lu is a bit surprising for me. Tian Ji resemble Xiang Lu perfectly

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Well said. :cheers:

The post below refuted a comment about Jing being silly to sacrifice himself for Xiaoyao. 

some thoughts:
Jing is a complex character - simple on the outside but the patient strategist surprises me with his intelligence and the extent of devotion he shows Xiaoyao at critical moments when usually he suppresses everything he feels in favour of decorum and propriety. It is obvious to me that she is always his first priority, no matter the cost, other than by-the-book decorum et el at this point. He was once broken and left for dead - Xiaoyao single-handedly gave him his life back, without judgement, without asking for returns. That level of magnanimity, selflessness, respect and love for mankind must have been the Cupid’s arrow that lodged itself firmly into the deepest recesses of Jing, turning gratitude into a love so profound.

Xiang Liu also has that in his own sassy demon way but there is always tension in Xiaoyao and some mistrust, fear, uncertainty when she is with him. He’s also naturally calculative and we know he needs her for her healing blood. I’m not sure how his feelings for her would have developed if she were not his fountain of healing in the first place.

Cang Xuan has no place in her heart I think with the two around but Only as a brother. 

As mentioned in the FB post, everyone has their own interpretation of what certain gestures of love mean, and places varying degrees of importance upon them. But all of those gestures are meaningful if one took time to understand the intention, never silly.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Std1R5yJC1cc9ADmN6xNME9SpkuyqLyBLWg7fsPZijSfTAH8NHr97Bn845BhmKSql&id=100044193111188&mibextid=cr9u03

• Like 2