[Drama 2022/2023] The Interest of Love/Understanding of Love, 사랑의 이해

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 9! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist 2” Claims No. 1 Spot In Ratings As “Strangers Again” Makes Premiere

Meanwhile, episode 9 of JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” garnered a viewership rating of 2.7 percent, which is the same as its previous episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563572wpp/poong-the-joseon-psychiatrist-2-claims-no-1-spot-in-ratings-as-strangers-again-makes-premiere

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightnessInBeing said:

The opening scene threw me off. So they did get married Sang-Su and Mi-Gyeong. How far along in the timeline this happened I hope they'll reveal it episode 10.

No I don’t think this is what happened.  I thought SS was trying to visualise life with MK as a married couple because he was at his friend SH’s wedding.  He was interrupted by SY in his reverie when she told him the groom was missing.  

MK - given her past with GP (who cheated on her), she’s keen to latch onto someone steady and dependable like SS.  Her desperation continues.  The harder she tries, the more reticent SS looks.  She’s the only one doing the heavy lifting in their relationship.  At what point will become too much for her?  To her, SS may seem to be a 500W coin that is rare and to be treasured.  To SS, she’s just 500W.  She’s starting to realise that his heart is somewhere else and that makes her even more desperate to walk down the aisle with SS sooner rather than later.

SY - is told by the older lady clerk that there’s time enough later on to be in a comfortable place in relationships, that passion and sparks should be the name of the game when you’re young.  Her brother was a dreamer too.  So she’s holding onto JH because she feels like he’s her brother.  All the love she had wanted to shower on her brother, she’s showering on him.  That’s probably why she gives him so much leeway in the relationship.  Time and again, she gives him chance after chance.  She strikes me as someone who doesn’t mind when that someone is “beneath” her in the social ladder.  She was the same with SS when he was just starting out.  She get needed and in control of the relationship.  But as soon as she realised their social standing was different (and SS had more prospects than she did to advance), she got cold feet.  How long though will she be able to carry on like this because it’s not bringing her any happiness being the support person for JH whose morose state is dragging her down.  As for her last question to him at the train station, why does she ask him if she should break up with JH?  That’s like putting the whole weight of her decision on him?  Asking him to bear all the responsibilities of her decisions?  Just like it was all his fault that their relationship failed because he hesitated at the lights.  She never came clean with him at all.  I find her character most frustrating.  

JH - his failure in the police test is eating away at his self esteem.  The fact that SY bends over backwards to be supportive (moving her stuff out), relinquishing her usual social outlets to keep him company etc is making him feel even worse.  Hence his dummy spit.  He feels like a burden to her.  His confidence is taking a beating.  The gulf between them is huge.  He feels it more acutely than she does.  Although she’s probably starting to feel it too.  She needed a “break” from his gloomy outlook, that’s why she stayed overnight at a hotel.

SS - is still trying to figure out if he should follow his heart or his head.  Although if he were to really think it through, MK and he are not compatible.  He will always feel like the outlier in her social circles.  She will be the rich lady and he her kept man.  I am glad his mom isn’t stepping into his business and letting him figure it out on his own.  That’s trust.  Good parenting.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LightnessInBeing said:

@Shimmery-summer, I am getting impatient too.

The opening scene threw me off. So they did get married Sang-Su and Mi-Gyeong. How far along in the timeline this happened I hope they'll reveal it episode 10.

It is so painful to see the couples interactions/scenes and I don't know how long the writers will drag these clearly unhealthy relationships. The plot is getting old and repetitive.

I was only living for the Sang Su and Su Young scenes. I love seeing SS opens up without prompting. I love how natural he is around SY. And SY with her shield down, she genuinely laughs and just enjoys the present moment.

I don't know if I'll still stick around for the rest of this drama. My patience is running thin. It is shaping up to be that they will wait until the last 2 episodes to get SS and SY their happening ending. If they do end up together that is. Losing interest fast. 

You can drop it as it's understandably gotten not just boring infact random, like totally random and absurd scenes. Having said that I am still into it, if it totally goes into dumps then I will leave it. You can keep reading comments here to follow updates and see if you want to pick it back up or not.

Honestly for me, maybe reborn rich even tho great show was so much action packed ( action in sense of too much events not other action) that it gave me post roller-coaster ride feeling, during that time when this slow paced and initially well written show came, it felt very soothing in taking out reborn rich's given stress, so I stuck to it and honestly even now I like the show for it's slow pace, just that scenarios are getting pathetic.

Mainly 2ml parts are such torture now that I badly miss all those bank scenes and even the mean treatment scenes of sy by colleagues shown in early episode, they were so much better than 2ml's current boring repititive stuff.

Opening scene was a horror to me but then I realized he was visualizing how his marriage would be like with her, I seriously hope it was imagination.

• Like 1

Yoo Yeon Seok Is In A Tight Spot During An Unsolicited Meeting With Geum Sae Rok’s Father In “The Interest Of Love”

Jan 19, 2023
by M. Lim

“The Interest of Love” has previewed another awkward and unexpected situation for Yoo Yeon Seok in the next episode.

JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” is a realistic romance drama about four people with different interests who meet while working at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. As they become entangled in one another’s lives, they eventually come to understand the true meaning of love.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Ha Sang Soo (Yoo Yeon Seok) will be meeting Park Mi Kyung (Geum Sae Rok)’s father for the first time. Upon seeing that Park Mi Kyung’s father is there at the bank to see him, Ha Sang Soo is left puzzled and visibly in distress at the sudden meeting that he now has to attend regardless of his will.

Geum-Sae-Rok-Yoo-Yeon-Seok.jpg

Ha Sang Soo finds himself in an even more sticky situation when Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young) enters the room. From their eye contact alone, the drama already hints at the tension immediately formed through this encounter.

Moon-Ga-Young1.jpg

On the other hand, Park Mi Kyung is sitting next to Ha Sang Soo with an expressionless face. Despite this, she is actually concentrating all of her efforts on the meeting as it is part of her plan to keep Ha Sang Soo all for herself. Although usually a professional woman who clearly separates business from pleasure, by asking her father for a favor, Park Mi Kyung shows just how desperate she is in her plan to get Ha Sang Soo.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563606wpp/yoo-yeon-seok-is-in-a-tight-spot-during-an-unsolicited-meeting-with-geum-sae-roks-father-in-the-interest-of-love

• Like 2

WoW! The theme of this drama has become 'cheating' now. Sang Su & Su Yeong are now cheating on their respective significant others, regardless of how unhappy their relationships with their partners are. And emotional infidelity is also infidelity.

Gyeong Pil cheated on Mi Kyoung in the past with several people, he definitely takes the crown for cheaters lol. I've a feeling that the other friend who married for social status has gotten back with his ex and cheating on his wife now. Jong Heyon has his weird dynamic going on with his study buddy. Now only Mi Kyoung is left to emotionally cheat with somebody or otherwise. I don't mind, I've got my popcorn ready. I'm okay with this storyline also, as long as they don't go back to dragging the show with their 'will they won't they' theme. It's been too long.

For the first time ever, I actually felt bad for Mi Kyoung. Imagine being cheated on so horribly once, with all the baggage of insecurity that she has, now her current partner is also low-key cheating. It was difficult to see her getting all anxious, wondering where Sang Su is, if he's with Su Yeong and she wasn't wrong. They actually were together. Su Yeong also figured that she was insecure and she lied to her that she was at the hospital. Mi Kyoung surely has a thing for toxic or anxious attachment. She knows this guy has one foot out of the door, she's still pursuing him. Sang Su is such a pushover, good god! Idk at what point will he stop his superficial relationship with Mi Kyoung and end whatever is going on with her overbearing father. The actor who plays Jong Hyeon needs a new expression, I'm tired of seeing his defeated, dejected face. He should have figured his $h!t out before getting into a relationship. You need the money, so just take it and nurse your bruised male ego on your own! I don't like how Su Yeong keeps her relationship with her mother a secret. Okay, she hates her father but why punish the mother for it. It almost seems like she's ashamed of them.

12 hours ago, nrllee said:

As for her last question to him at the train station, why does she ask him if she should break up with JH?  That’s like putting the whole weight of her decision on him?  Asking him to bear all the responsibilities of her decisions?  Just like it was all his fault that their relationship failed because he hesitated at the lights.  She never came clean with him at all.  I find her character most frustrating.  

Exactly! It was random af. She asked whether she should break up so casually also, as if she's asking whether she should eat ramyeon for dinner. I was quite shocked as the previous episodes show that she's really working for her relationship with Jong Hyeon. They didnt even discuss their own feelings for each other for her to ask this. It went like: Are you happy?

Should I break up with my boyfriend? :joy:

And then they have a wholeass train ride together, then a car ride and they discuss none of it. :expressionless: like where are you even going with this? The writing is so frustrating!

• Like 4

So the lead characters are cheaters, and slept with others with still being in love with someone else. Only somewhat good written character is Mikyung, she has grown up with a father whose moto is to basically everything from happiness can be bought and so we can see her spontaneously buying things for ml and FL. I don't think she has bad thoughts, it is just she doesn't understand not everyone likes that. You can see has insecurities (good acting by the actress) which is lost likely from her college days due to her degraded ex bf. I feel bad for moon ka young. She is such an amazing versatile actress and has done great work here. But this drama is just bad. 

Lord it took 10 ep. but they got there alright LMFAo. Don't think Mi Gyeong will let them off easy though..

Jong Hyeon sound like a sloth ahah. He's so weak and .. idk lethargic? I think the friend/ newlywed is still hung up on the ex. No way he looked way too excited over a text.

Gyeong Pil is a terrible friend like he's messing with all 4 (Jong Hyeon, Mi Gyeong, Sang Su, Su Yeong) is he that bored LoL?! 

Mi Gyeong is just like her dad showing affection with money. And shocking that her mom changed her tune after finding out who Sang Su's mom is.

Ugh Su Yeong's dad is really sigh. Her poor mom. Gosh the way Sang Su looked at Su Yeong when he let her win at the ice rink. Actually he looks at her like that throughout this drama ha-ha the same way and never once looked at Mi Gyeong like that.

• Like 3

Hallelujah!!! Yay!! Finally!!:love:

Ugh! This drama has me by the throat!! OMG!!

I loved how SooYeong reversed MiKyeong's contempt and pawned those clothes immediately!! Boss move! Checkmate!!

I predict MiKyeong will tell everyone SooYeong and Guard are living together, SooYeong's parents own the oyster place next door, and SangSu's mum works at a spa Those are the cards she holds now and as soon as she realises she's been played, she's gonna drop bombs. Scorched Earth policy. I'm ready for this!! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 10! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Strangers Again” Rises Slightly For 2nd Episode As “The Interest Of Love” Holds Steady

However, even in spite of the competition from “Mister Trot 2,” JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” managed to hold steady with an average nationwide rating of 2.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563752wpp/strangers-again-rises-slightly-for-2nd-episode-as-the-interest-of-love-holds-steady

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ep 10 while watching felt quite boring and long except few scenes that were engaging, but after finishing it, I felt even though it wasn't as good as first 6 episodes, overall it was a good episode which pulled drama back to it's initial track, i.e., sang su and su yeong getting attracted to each other. In a way the episode also came a full circle, quite similar to what su yeong said at bus stop. Sooooo I have a lottttttttttt to say. I think I almost wrote a book on ep 10.

Lot of things in epiosde really infuriated me, but before that I must commend Mikyeong for coming out as a complete nasty b.tch, not that if she hadn't acted as manipulative and b.tchy as she did in ep 10, I would have felt bad for her for getting cheated on.

Okay few things, Ms bae and other coworkers are seriously very toxic. So firstly, when they are on street, these women were gossiping about her mom, like they don't even spare a random restaurant owner from being their gossip topic and they discuss ruthlessly. Then as if it wasn't enough, she spits it out before mikyeong too that oyster owner is sy's mom and then ms bae something ironically states, 'oh I am very good with secrets'!!!

I had always understood su yong avoiding mom because it's understandable she is angry at her, and even though she feels too harsh for doing that, like completely abandoning mother because she took back her brother's killer ( that's how su young sees her dad), her anger was still understandable but now it has been too long that she has been avoiding mom and also that now she has leg problem she comes off as heartless, but what feels too disturbing is that it seems su yong herself feels ashamed of her mother's poverty and that's why wanna hide from coworkers as each time her mom walks past her when sy is with colleagues, sy would bow her had down like avoiding some shameful secret from spilling over. It's kinda weird as she despite knowing jong hyeon's state still dates him and didn't even hide it from MK and SS.

Why mk is suddenly wearing those giant white and black scrunchies. Gyeong pil was extremely funny in this episode, it was the best scene in this entire show when gp makes a clown out of him and sang su runs to ask her why she is quitting. It's also interesting that how clever gp is that he knows ss has feelings for sy and he intentionally does that to make him realize that. I find GP's character quite a good one plus actor is a gem.

I don't think there will be enough words to tell what gem of an actor yys is in these kind of roles, he goes beyond character and makes it look real. In the scene when he rushes to grab sy's wrist thinking she's quitting, yys actually firstly let out a desperate sigh before he stopped her, this is how detailed yys is.

Although not a fan of mky's acting but must say her scenes with yys are always so amazing even if their dialogues are random, dunno why? Their chemistry is fire it's not even that of a couple in love, rather they both have the expressions and look in their eyes of 2 people who are longing for each other for years, like for many years specially yys's eyes. They both have done very good job in expressing the passionate gaze.

About few scenes now, when JH messages sy to talk to him after she returns from a long day at work and visiting a distant city, same day when mk drops by at sang su's place, and again when mk asks sang su to come and meet her after a long day at work but he refuses, I am kind of speechless, so these bfs and gfs don't have any care that their partners had  long day at work and at night when they are back to home they need to relax and rest but instead they are making them more tired by visiting them or dragging them outisde. Particularly jh's scene was very off putting, she's back from a long painful day and this idiot takes her out to some corner coffee shop to do his usual crybaby nonsense.

This episode jh pissed me off like never before. This character started out well and ended up hideously bad. The way he thanks sang su for dropping off su yong showed his jealousy, it was his way of warning him to stay away from his gf, like listen clown, firstly, grow up into a man who learns to value and repect his gf who is sacrificing so much for him before acting like a tough guy before others. So glad he is moving out. Also why did he not clean up after himself, the house as mess with his stuff and clothes strewn across and she was cleaning it up. I am also confused with his character, he is working part time at bank, he prepares for police exam, can't he find another better job during this time or try to improve his prospects instead of always just crying and playing victim. And if he had so much pride he should have left her place many moons back, instead he keeps leeching off and off and then when she gives money to help, he again plays egotistic only to take that money few minutes later. He even said in ep 9, I was kind of waiting for you to ask me to move in, the guy just wants to keep leeching off a nona or play egotistical or cry about his hurt pride but has little in him to achieve. I think su yeong is more of a mental case herself to keep going with such guy. It seems like he is cheating. What still baffles me is someone with such a fragile pride and money issues and no career, how he had the courage to approach a woman and that too one who was better than him.

Now mk, so woman has such gall to date her bf while her ex is working right there and she never tells him but now that she is busted, she runs to him to play innocent and seriously has the guts to ask him about his past affairs. Like you were being sneaky all this time so don't try to get it out from others too.

Gp knows about her cousin, who seems to be dad's right hand, which means something happened between him and gp and that could be the cause of break up, there is more to the story. It's clear sang su took her to meet his mom not because he wants to marry but because he wanted to shock her. Her mother is also a pretentious b.tch who was just using his mom, the moment she discovers he is her son, she gives most ridiculous reason to reject him, 'my friend's tenant's son'.

I could be wrong but it seems mk calls her dad to come and meet sang su at work as her dad says, 'I came because you asked for a favor'. But I still don't get why he met him at workplace and not outside. So it was quite noticeable that mk had arranged her dad to meet him at workplace but after the meeting she tells him, 'it was shocking, I didn't know he will come bla bla'. So after planning it all is she acting oblivious?

I find sang su and su yong quite irritating that when someone tries to force them into something they don't say no or react strongly, rather they let them walk all over them. Those were extremely poor manners from mk to appear unannounced at sy's door, sy should have told her to talk outside as she didn't want her to see them living together but instead she lets her in. Now mi kyong b.tch, so she straight up tells her, 'today our uniform was removed so I brought clothes for you', like seriously? And again sy's dead reaction, oh thanks and takes clothes like she is used to this treatment instead of throwing them outside, something is really wrong with ss and sy. Then mk trying to brainwash and manipulate sy into marrying jeong hyeon by constantly mentioning marriage with him and then funnily rubbing it into her face that ss took her to meet mom, then you should grab my bouqet nonsense with a brazen smile all just showed how she loves to crush others while wearing an innocent smile. Everything in her head is planned. I am so happy watching her run around like a headless chicken getting insecure over sang su and su yeong.

I did find sy's question quite weird at train station, should she break up. It seems she does it because he asks her 'is she happy?'. Don't know what writers were trying to show.

Gyeongpil was really great this episode, hope he wasn't a cheater and there is more to it. Ice rink scenes were shot so well and absolutely awesome whatever happened.

Lots of people would complain about both cheating while many would sympathize as they both were practically living corpses in their relationships. I want to see it from all 4 characters' pov rather than a viewer. Su young is the one who forced jh back into her life and even after his numerous outbursts she made him stay with her like she is raising a puppy, so in that sense it's quite unethical of her to cheat on a person she has been forcefully keeping in a relationship with her, I am still not clear what was her actual motive to keep him as her bf beyond that she sees her bro in him, I wish writers atleast clarified that because she did too much for him for no reason. However, despite her fault to drag this relationship we also see it is practically dead, the guy is a selfish mess who just doesn't see beyond his own issues, perhaps doesn't even see her as a human except a sex doll because the way he is always throwing tantrums, sitting sad and constantly depressed just showed he doesn't care what his gf, another human, feels about his reactions and that instead of always hearing his complaints she needs emotional fulllment too  and amidst all he also crawls back to her to use her in bed, weirdo. So he is also a cause in driving her away, so I don't mind her cheating on him.

Now sang su, so he doesn't wanna date but lamely accepts a relationship even when his heart isn't into it, his partner also pushes herself on him a lot, doesn't respect his pride, openly tries to buy his loyalities through money which he also knows. I am at loss for adjectives to describe mk when she again forces the car on him and then in her usual manipulative way starts crying and playing victim and leaves, so even if sang su had grown to love his partner moving on from sy, the way his gf acts he only gets more distant from her. It always seems clear that in their relationship sang su always sees the financial status gulf between them.

It is also interesting that unlike other characters in the show who are always drooling over at the chance of finding a rich wife, sang su refuses to accept it even when he is getting it on a platter. It was quite striking that in his post-marriage imagination sequence, he sees mk giving his mom spending money and it was even before she gave him suit and car, which shows that mk always behaves this way like throwing money to buy anything and he knows this will be future.  But still from sang su's perspective kissing without breaking up felt quite wrong. BUT seeing how mk had been treating soo young and specifically recently, she deserved a lot more than just that. Also if we see, they didn't plan on kissing and all, they just went out on dinner which sy bailed out on, then he finds her and takes her to the rink and finally they couldn't control their supressed feelings. And then sang su had told her he can only give 1pc and kept staying distant, bur she still didn't want to let him go, rather made it hard for him by letting it out to cowokers. She should know she can't win love through manipulations.

It's also weird that why she is sooo invested in him since the day she joins the bank. Remember on first or second day of joining she faked she can't skate to get phyically close but then he also asks, she never bothered about him in uni. Makes no sense from having 0 interest to strongly pursuing him from first day at job to now and pulling every trick in book to win him over, doesn't look love to me, more like to have someone she can accept as a partner as she is pressured into marrying, and then she wants to force him into marriage.

The whole ice rink scene was so beautifully shot by cinematographer. Also like the playful bgm music that plays at some specific moments. I wonder when su yong goes with the kiss, what she thinks of mk at that moment or she just goes for it as a result of her mistreatment. Anyways, I hope she doesn't feel sorry for mk and atleast just break up with jh whether she dates sang su or not. The 3rd friend is also cheating.

I hope the drama gets more messy and better, ep 10 was really good. Finally after a slump. It's also nice to see how flawed all of them are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yoo Yeon Seok On What Kind Of Actor He Aspires To Be, What Drew Him To “The Interest Of Love,” And More

Yoo Yeon Seok On What Kind Of Actor He Aspires To Be, What Drew Him To “The Interest Of Love,” And More

Yoo Yeon Seok has joined Harper’s Bazaar for the magazine’s February issue!

With casual outfits and minimal makeup, Yoo Yeon Seok exudes both youthful and mature charms in the pictorial. In the interview that followed, Yoo Yeon Seok talked about starring in his current drama “The Interest Of Love.” He shared, “More than anything, I wish viewers will find my acting relatable when they watch me. Rather than projects where I’m handsomely dressed up, I prefer projects that give a sense of humanity. Although I’ve tried a lot of roles that were complete opposites of my image, this time, I just wanted to do a good job at something I’m best at.”

Yoo Yeon Seok elaborated, “[This time] my target was not a ‘big transformation’ or a ‘great challenge,’ but instead, I focused on how to deliver details such as delicate gazes, exchanges, and subtle stares. That’s why I think viewers will be able to enjoy [the drama] comfortably.”

Yoo-Yeon-Seok3.jpeg

Yoo-Yeon-Seok2.jpeg

As for his reason for choosing a romance drama, Yoo Yeon Seok shared, “I actually had a wish that the last project I did in my 30s would be a romance—a dream I thought was far-fetched. But when I was reviewing and choosing [my next drama], I found it interesting that ‘The Interest Of Love’ depicts a realistic love story. It’s not a love that has a great background narrative or deals with pain and suffering, but it’s so realistic that I found it to be more heartbreaking.”

Spoiler

Yoo-Yeon-Seok1.jpeg

Celebrating his 20th debut anniversary this year, Yoo Yeon Seok is a renowned actor who has been active in the industry for 20 years since his debut in “Oldboy” in 2003.

When asked about his “constants” and “variables” in regard to acting, Yoo Yeon Seok remarked, “The constant is my wish to act for a long time until I’m old, and the variable seems to be every project that I’ve done: all the new characters, new platforms, and new genres that I’ve met. COVID-19 was also a big variable. The market that is now more familiar with OTT platforms rather than movie theaters is also another new variable.”

Finally, Yoo Yeon Seok concluded his interview by humbly saying, “At the beginning of my debut, I acted with the mindset of, ‘Let’s try to endure this for 10 years and 10 years only,’ but then in my 10th year, I received such great love through ‘Reply 1994.’ How lucky was I? I can’t believe 10 years have passed, and now it’s my 20th debut anniversary. There were countless variables, but overall, I’m just thankful for the fact that people still think of me and that I’m able to continue acting. In the future, I also wish I can continue to act as I do now.”

Spoiler

Yoo-Yeon-Seok4-1.jpg

You can find more of Yoo Yeon Seok’s pictorial and interview in the February issue of Harper’s Bazaar and on the magazine’s website.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563645wpp/yoo-yeon-seok-on-what-kind-of-actor-he-aspires-to-be-what-drew-him-to-the-interest-of-love-and-more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who are the real cheaters? SFL is a cheater, she emotionally blackmails ML and has blatantly lied to get what she wants (ice skating, arranging her father’s visit to the bank, ). He indicated he could only give her 1% but she immediately reneged on the agreement and kissed him in front of colleagues and started a relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend based on the perception and encouragement of office mates who viewed her as a catch and him as handsome and lucky. She is dishonest and sneaky and has manipulated physical intimacy with him by showing up at his apartment, arranging dates with friends, buying expensive unwanted gifts, and engaging her father in a work/family relationship that may affect his career negatively. She is a toxic manipulator that has no boundaries in pursuing what she wants. ML wants to get out of this one-sided relationship but feels caught between a rock and a hard place. He would rather SFL leave him. That’s why he introduced her to his mom so she could clearly see the class difference and move on. 
He knows she is a manipulator he sees her uneasiness with FL and her blatant attempts to flaunt her superiority which actually comes off as desperation. She has no doubt known from the beginning that ML is interested in FL which is probably one of the reasons that she has pursued ML so relentlessly. She wants to prove to herself that she is better than the “Goddess” of the office. The fake friendship with the female lead is to keep her in check so FL will realize her place.   FL  has been dealing with office politics and attempts at degradation for years, so she plays SFL’s game, but she is in no way threatened. She is doing what she thinks she has to do to get along with the workplace manager and not make waves.  
FL knows ML has a strong desire for her, but she was not willing or could not overcome her fear that a relationship would not work because he hesitated to meet her on their date. She felt that was a rejection of her Status in Life. FL is complicated and lacked compassion and understanding, pushing ML away so relentlessly, it is a wonder that he continues to have this deep love and longing for her. She feels the same about him too. They were both living a lie. Trying to find happiness in people that they were settling for with no true love or for that matter, I don’t think either of them liked their partners that much especially after being involved with them over a period of time. 
FL appears heartless and unforgiving when she feels wronged, and that mindset kept her from connecting to ML and going in circles and also affects her relationship with her mother whom she is embarrassed by and treats horribly. At times she appears to lack empathy except for her boyfriend whom I initially loved but now he is so morose that he just needs to move on and stop dragging FL’s spirit down. I truly think he clams up on tests because he appears to study and know the answers in the study group. If he demonstrated that initial positive outlook on life even in the midst of challenges, the relationship with FL may have had a chance, but now they are definitely doomed. No physical or emotional connection. That sad look on FL’s face after sex said it all. Done Deal, Move On. Same with ML and SFL, just living a lie and settling. This week's episodes look promising for the leads. The female lead has dropped her guard and is open and loving and they both are acting with their hearts and giving in to the deep passion and love they have for one another. SFL will not take this well!!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I have a certain confusion about ages of main leads. Sooyoung is a high school graduate and joins the bank, don't know if it was mentioned but how long sooyoung worked at bank before sang su joined. Also if I am not wrong sooyoung was always a bank teller and sang su joined afer passing out from university, so wasn't he hired on a senior position than her then why was she assigned to train him? Now of ages, I always assumed sy, ss and mk were same age but when mk visits sy's house she says something about her own age being older and pressured to be married, so how much older are ss and mk from sy?

I am not sure if should give credit to the writers or not, but it feels as if every single dialogue and line on the show has been written with a thought and purpose behind it, and barring some situations these lines look so close to how humans tend to act. But then I also feel confused was there actually a thought involved or they just casually wrote just some lines but somehow they ended up looking so scenario-perfect by chance. Like for instance lot of things mk says and does are hallmark of manipulative personalities and there is no shred of doubt that she's a manipulator, however, in some situations you wonder when she did certain things, were they also intentional or were just random?, like when she throws the rug, or when she always sneakily and indirectly tells suyoung to marry jong hyeon, you don't know for sure is there a vendetta behind it or just random, but yet these actions perfectly depict people who actually do such sneaky things.

I wanted to write more on mikyeong's character. What I find very scary and disturbing about her is her habit of planting thoughts and ideas into others heads for her own final goals. Prolly I have been around people much nastier than mikyong so I could notice her, and sad part is that people like her pretend to be your well wishers, but they desire certain outcomes of their choice from you and from overall situation, so they put up a smiley face, a friendly, pretentiously caring persona, then plant those thoughts in form of suggestions. Terrible part is that one takes those suggestions seriously assuming the other person is my friend, but they are actually bad suggestions and when purused only bring unhappiness and trouble for the target. Even worse is that victim doesn't realize what has been done to them until something happens that exposes the fake person or victim(for lack of better word I am using victim) moves out of that setup to a different one, loses connection with manipulator and then starts noticing what they were subjected to. Again unfortunately, majority people going through this never realize that.

We don't know the reason mikyong from first day at work decides sang su will be the one she will chase. So when she hears praises about su young's beauty, she knows she can be a threat to her eventual goal and final puzzle piece sang su. Hence, out of nowhere amongst all colleagues she picks her to shower her favors on, gives her hand me downs, in her head she was keeping her enemy closer to her and trying to preempt any possible threat, only that the b.tch didn't know a lot has happened in ss and sy's lives. 

Remember when she takes sy out to rug artwork shop, when she hears from sy that she is dating someone at work she automatically assumes the person is going to be sang su so she starts getting tense.

After hearing she is dating jh, she feels relieved but she knows battle ain't over, that to come to the point of marriage with sang su, it will take a very long time as he is visibly not warming up to her. With su young around she will always be insecure about him drawing away towards her so she tries to push the idea of marriage and kids on soyoung by talking about kids or bringing up her relationship with jh again and again as if she knows sy has found the best man 

I don't know how dating works in korea, but afaik if two people are dating and haven't announced their engagement it is bad manners to talk about that couple's future kids.

In episode 8, after pmk has dinner with dad and she angrily leaves, she arrives at restaurant for team dinner, outside ss and sy are standing, to sound him out she pretends to propose giving a ring which was a golf ball. She ascertains how unprepared he is, plus at work she also always notices and stares at him and sy during office interactions, then also spots them outside restaurant. After seeing reaction she takes him to golfing but next day she comes and asks sy to come to dinner at her place.

She feels threatened by her presence and her instincts tell ss, who isn't much interested in marrying her can fall for another beautiful competent woman in the vicinity, so to establish herself as a strong couple before sy and to show sy and jh as a strong couole before ss, she plans that stupid RickRoll'D dinner.

Mk knows sy is in early stages of dating, jh has an insignficant career, they are young and marriage is nowhere near but she intentionally says, 'oh now I know why elders said good looking couples make beautiful children etc' and 'you two suit each other'. These were her ways of planting marriage thoughts in sy and jh's minds without any sincere care that are they even compatible or will work out long term-ish, from her end they can both go to hell as long as sy doesn't remain a threat. The way she pressures ss into relationhip by kissing publicly she was trying to force her threat sy into marriage. But by that time sy had seen through her due to painting incident, intentionally asking jh about his education and then comparing it with her own and ss's to tell them they both are from higher group and how much sy and jh are below them. 

When mk constantly compliments sy and jh's relationship and then talks about making pretty kids, sooyong does look at mk with the slightly shocked look that mk knows jh's career is practically nowhere and that financially he is not at par with sy or to support a family, (sang su being financially below mk is different as he already has a good career and a potentially bright future plus she herself is trying to buy him out) but incase of sy it's not important to her the guy is a match for sy or not, to her they are just 2 low class people she wants to get married and be out of her way. Sy sees through that insensitive attitude, hence, her stern expressions.

When she visits sy's house and tells her 'oh at my age there is pressure for marriage', also kind of seemed like her indirectly asking her to not stand in her path by emotionally appealing to her, it was similar to her emotionally blackmailing sang su when she tells him not to break up as everyone at work knows now.

There were numerous ocassions I felt mk tries to plant ideas in sooyoung's head for her goals and even in sang su's too but I don't specifically recall. I chose to write this comment as I really wanted to talk about this specific behvior writers have shown and as mk's calculativeness is so well written it doesn't look like a coincidence o wanted to say that it is one of the scariest things one could experience. Someone who wears a pretty smile, acts kind and carries out their vendetta by sneakily brainwashing you as most people can't see through that. 

I wish other people over here discussed this drama a lot, even if their povs were different, writers have written characters with complexities and it's nice when people share their perspectives. Can't everyone here watching this show add their thoughts too, it would be so fun. 

• Like 2

The Interest of Love: Episodes 9-10

by Dramaddictally

TIOL910_9.jpg

Lots of developments in these episodes: Love relationships are built and broken. We go round-for-round in a game of meet the parents. And the true (not-so-nice) nature of some of our characters is coming to the fore. If I thought the stakes got raised last week, hoo boy, are they getting high now.

EPISODES 9-10 WEECAP

Let’s just get it out of the way: they’re at different doors! We all knew it, but something inside me still wanted it not to be true. Instead of a secret meeting between our leads, we have Sang-soo at the hotel to meet Mi-kyung and her group of uber-rich friends, and Soo-young in a room alone — trying to get a break from Jong-hyun.

The relationship between Soo-young and Jong-hyun this week takes some topsy-turvy turns, and as their actions say they’re getting closer, they’re emotions say they’re living far apart. We get many scenes of the two sitting across from each other at a table, arguing their side of things.

Jong-hyun is melancholy and depressed, unable to accept Soo-young paying for everything and changing her life around for him. Soo-young keeps giving and giving — going so far as to get rid of her piano and plants (the things that reminded her of her brother) to make more space in the apartment. The more she gives, the more he loathes himself for being “useless.”

As troubled as they are, they keep trying to connect. One night, after a disagreement, Jong-hyun comes into Soo-young’s room and sits on the bed with her. He apologizes and says that the reason he’s living with her is because he likes her a lot (he’s not just there so she’ll pay the bills). He leans toward her and they kiss, looking like things are about to heat up. When we see Soo-young exit the room later (Jong-hyun shirtless in the bed), she looks contemplative, but not happy.

On the other side, Sang-soo and Mi-kyung are no longer swimming along pretending to be happy either. When the drama opens this week, we see a future with the two married and bored, as Sang-soo looks out the floor-to-ceiling windows of their apartment. We then cut to Sang-soo in the present, at the wedding we ended with last week. (Is he thinking back to this moment from that future window? Or imagining his future from the current wedding?)

At the wedding, Mi-kyung catches the bouquet and starts talking about marriage. She then invites herself over to Sang-soo’s place for ramyun (leaving him looking shocked). But when they get there, and he actually starts to cook for her (in his suit! Yesss!), she suddenly says she has to leave. We later learn that she snooped through a notebook on his desk and saw a scribble about Soo-young.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/01/the-interest-of-love-episodes-9-10/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Show Off Their Skating Skills For Romantic Kiss Scene In “The Interest Of Love”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 23, 2023
by S. Cho

JTBC has dropped a peek at the filming of Yoo Yeon Seok and Moon Ga Young’s rink kiss in “The Interest of Love”!

“The Interest of Love” is a realistic romance drama about four people with different interests who meet while working at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. As they become entangled in one another’s lives, they eventually come to understand the true meaning of love.

The clip starts with Moon Ga Young arriving first to the ice rink. When asked if she skates well, she responds with a giggle, “No! Those who watched my last project will know, but I skate like a newborn giraffe.” Once Yoo Yeon Seok appears, he casually shows off his skating skills and makes sure to give Moon Ga Young various tips.

To practice both their lines and skating, the two actors dive diligently into rehearsals while sharing ideas and trying out different details. Before moving on to the next part of the scene, Yoo Yeon Seok and Moon Ga Young engage in deep discussion with their director to get on the same page about their characters’ emotions. After establishing the tone for the scene, the duo perfectly executes their romantic kiss scene.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564041wpp/watch-yoo-yeon-seok-and-moon-ga-young-show-off-their-skating-skills-for-romantic-kiss-scene-in-the-interest-of-love

• Like 2

Mi Gyeong is acting like a total lunatic lol! Why did she arrange her infamous dinner again if she wants to avoid Sang Su that bad?? And why on earth did Su Yeong go for that dinner, her boyfriend is in love with you, have some brains, please! :neutral: Mi Kyong's days of manipulation are over and she can't take that. Also I love how Sang Su's mom politely showed her the door. She didn't even mince her words. 

As I had predicted, the married friend is having an affair with his ex. And now Ms Bae & Mr Ma are also having an affair. This bank is hella entertaining. I'd never get any work done if I worked there. :joy:

Gyeong Pil was an absolute winner in this episode. First, he stopped Sang Su from doing an absolute harebrained move like volunteering for the university branch, it would only create more gossip for Ahn Su Yeong. Then, he gave his cheater friend a piece of his mind - someone as clumsy as him shouldn't have an affair - take it from the pro lol. Then he stood up for Su Yeong when the colleague from other branch was being a sexist jerk to her (what is it with men in this bank, how are they so entitled???) And finally, he also talked sense into Sang Su, that the longer he drags his feet, the more the two women he is involved with will get hurt. I guess he feels a little bad for Mi Kyoung considering he had pulled the same move on her. 

Sang Su has finally decided to follow his heart and I don't think the fact that Jong Hyeon stays with Su Yeong will deter him. He is anything but petty. However, Su Yeong will need to figure out the living situation sooner or later, if she wants to avoid more gossip. Mi Kyong needs to stop being so desperate, what was she trying to achieve by bringing all four of them together and then needling them with uncomfortable questions?? Next episode seems promising. I really enjoyed this episode. Just wondering what happened to the subplot involving Su Yeong's parents?

Lastly, loved the homage to the Wong Kar-Wai classic, In the Mood for Love, yet another complex romance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hong Banjang said:

Mi Kyong needs to stop being so desperate, what was she trying to achieve by bringing all four of them together

Imagine being born to rich family, having best schooling in the world, then attending one of the best universities and still having this small a character to invite people over dinner to humiliate them. This is what she has been all through the show and hence, I have zero sympathy for her. What's the use in attending best colleges if all your personality amounts to is being same as an uneducated ahjumma with no manners. 

• Like 1

Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Face The Consequences Of Their Kiss In “The Interest Of Love”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 25, 2023
by E. Cha

Get ready for some major tension on the next episode of JTBC’s “The Interest of Love”!

“The Interest of Love” is a realistic romance drama about four people with different interests who meet while working at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. As they become entangled in one another’s lives, they eventually come to understand the true meaning of love. Yoo Yeon Seok stars as Ha Sang Soo, a man who firmly believes that a stable and uneventful life is the key to happiness, while Moon Ga Young plays his co-worker Ahn Soo Young, who is wary of love.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Interest of Love,” Ha Sang Soo and Ahn Soo Young spent an incredible night together at the ice skating rink. Seeing Ahn Soo Young momentarily forget all her troubles and enjoy herself made Ha Sang Soo realize that he still hadn’t gotten over her, and he boldly expressed his feelings for her by going in for a kiss.

However, in the drama’s upcoming episode, the two characters will wind up facing the music after their magical night. In newly released stills from the episode, Park Mi Kyung (Geum Sae Rok) seems to have caught on to the fact that Ha Sang Soo and Ahn Soo Young spent the night together—and she throws both of them for a loop by hinting at her knowledge.

With both Ha Sang Soo and Ahn Soo Young catching on to Park Mi Kyung’s chilling change in demeanor as she begins to bare her claws, it remains to be seen how the duo will handle the reality that comes crashing down on them after their dream-like evening.

Geum-Sae-Rok.jpg

Moon-Ga-Young-1-1536x1024.jpg

To find out what happens between the trio, tune in to the next episode of “The Interest of Love” on January 25 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gyeong Pil must be bored eh?! He sure has plenty of time on his hands LoL tsk. 

I don't feel sorry for Mi Gyeong at all. Not even a bit. She gets more and more unlikable as ep. continue LoL. 

Jong Hyeon should just stick to that girl who calls 'im "Oppa~" at his study group. She bounces a lot ha-ha. 

Moon Ga Young look breathtakingly gorgeous in this drama.. and I'm a woman myself ahah. 

• Like 4