[Drama 2022/2023] The Interest of Love/Understanding of Love, 사랑의 이해

larus

I did say SS’s friend SH acts as the barometer for SS and SY.  And it looks like they are following the cues.  

He’s breaking up with MK.  Was it really MK’s birthday though?  Or was she just faking it?  If it was her birthday, it’s rather cruel to do it on her birthday.  Still, she keeps stalling him and trying to avoid the inevitable.  So it’s partly her fault that it had to happen on her birthday.  The writers here are painting MK as the nasty 2FL.  I hope for SS’s sake that even if he doesn’t get back together with SY, that he knows that staying with MK would be deceitful.  It’s better for her to find someone who loves her in return.  Theirs would be a sham marriage. 

Preview shows JH proposing to SY.  Hmm… I am still unsure if SS and SY will end up together.  Their timing seems to be off.  

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 11! :).

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

“The Interest Of Love” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet As “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist 2” Climbs Back Up

“The Interest of Love” climbed its way back up in ratings this week and earned a personal best in terms of viewership!

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 25 broadcast of episode 11 of “The Interest of Love” amassed an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.3 percent. This is an increase of 0.5 percent from its previous episode and an all-time personal high for the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564281wpp/the-interest-of-love-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-poong-the-joseon-psychiatrist-2-climbs-back-up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God I am so done with migyeong, she is scary and a psycho case. I got goosebumps from her this episode. Sadly ep 11 was so much of a waste of time because of migyeong's tactics to delay the breakup, could writers not have added some more developments or better scenarios than wasting an entire epiosde on her delaying it.

Anyways, this episode pleasantly offered some light moments which were so funny that you would forget how serious show was going, like when sang su ends up chuckling in the store room, atleast guy still remembers how to laugh. Then the entire meeting of three friends, and the entire convo, lol @ pms, using pms as an excuse over pregnancy to visit an obgyn was writers attempt to change the typical trope, it was kinda hilarious when both pat his shoulders in the end like he is going to fight a war.

Except for few things sang su's mom has said in past episodes that I didn't like, her character has always been likeable and very mature. It was so good to hear her say, 'no, I will not hide anything fron sang su'. It was so refreshing to see her decimate mi kyeong's usual sneaky b tcy schemes by refusing to hide stuff from son. I don't know why she turns down mk's offer, whether she sees her son is not into her and she's trying to buy the mom out or she just has a strong pride to not let that happen, but whatever it was, it worked out great and showed not everyone in this world is available for purchase for likes of mk etc.

I really find mk weird that she pretends to be all sad and solemn that dad got her promotion but she uses same tactics to buy people with money, to get sang su promotion. Infact, she was so sneaky after calling dad over at office she pretends it was unannounced. Then she is always spending dad's money and using it to buy people, but pretends to be sad and all when dad tells her to leave the job. If we see this job is so much needed by a needy person, her paycheque there is just a pocket change for her. In lying gane whem sy pretends to be a rich daughter, things she wishes were all from mk.

Jeong hyeon clearly has something going with the junior, but whatever he cheats or goes to another galaxy, I just hope he is just gone for good. His acting is also quite same throughout the show with exact same dialogues. Oh and the pride has fallen as he still wants to stay. Why doesn't su yeong raise a puppy.

Su yeong is also a psycho case, neither she leaves jh nor is she now discouraging sang su, like what is wrong with her? Can't she think of sorting her life out. I don't have any sympathy left for her character but her part with bf is torturous, also her mom has totally disappeared.

Those guys from another branch were always sexist, I don't know why sy listens to them quietly and not slam a plate on their head, I don't even see any use in recording them if noone is reporting them, they need to be beaten up and sent to jail. I don't even get how they started to suspect her as the mistress, like were they crazy. 

It seems GP prolly knew this convo will come up and that's why takes her there to tell her what can await her. Anyways, I didn't like gp advising sang su to stop and this and that and sacrifce love etc. Like seriously man he isn't married, it was a forced dating and it's the psycbo gf trying to get married and making it public, why the hell should he sacrifice anything, he should date sy even if people gossip and stuff. 

I don't get why sy doesn't reject the dinner invite when she knows mk has a habit of insulting them and also that she is now cheating with the bf, she shouldn't go. Mk in her usual style does the same, insulting the guests underhandedly, and this time she crosses the limits. It felt so rude towards jeong hyeon for what she did as he doesn't deserve to be insulted by her, whatever her problems are, are with sy and ss.

Now imagine that she is doing this intentional humiliation after knowing something is going on between her bf and girl, but in the previous dinner when she invites and insults them, there wasn't anything as such for her to act this way, but she was so aggressive and nasty that without any reason she insulted them both. I have come to realize that writers in this show will never clearly spell out the actions of characters as well as characters as evil etc, they will keep writing it subtly for viewers to take them however they want. I saw some prople were complaining online that he breaks up on mk's birthday, he is so baddd etc etc but if we look back, it was also sy's bday when she plans that party and of all days insults them on that day and shows off her closeness towards ss to hurt sy, then painting and throwing rug. SY also didn't drserve that on her birthday. Writers now showed it is mk's birthday and everything happens, it looked everything they were showing mk did on sy's bday has been reversed back at her on her own important day, her bday.

I would have felt bad for mk had she been a nice person, but the way she had been stepping over other people just for nothing, she deserves humiliation to come her way and I am not even including the fact that he clearly told her he wasn't into her, and she kept acting clingy. Also the scene where she force-hugs him outside the bank, like don't they have some decorum how to behave at workplace and not go around hugging, romancing plus mk doing her usual manipulative stuff in doing pdas to always force sang su.

She was so shameless when she screams at him to tell on su yeong that she is living with bf. Like whether sy is living with him or not, why are you forcing someone to stay with you who wants to go, was never into you, does his happiness not count?

The scene that really got to me was the car scene; the guy is telling her to stop and she's screaming, not listening and crying while driving, gosh, she gave me goosebumps and that's when I realized she is a psychopath and a total nutjob, anyone who shows such behavior during driving is never a normal person. I felt so scared for ss and I wanted to vomit instead of her and wanted sang su to run away at the speed of rocket, she is a psycho who can't let go of people and wants to possess them in whatever way she could and through every kind of manipulation like she discloses sy's live in status. She needs a psychologist instantly. Meanwhile sang su and sy both need to go seperate and meet after 1 year and get married or date if they want to. 

Mk had saved his name as 'my person', is she sure she thinks of him more than an object she possesses or a fixture.

Anyways, drama is still enjoyable, guys keep watching.

• Like 1

I'm on the other side.... I don't hate MiKyeong, I pity her. She's the most pathetic villain so far :joy:. I only feel sorry for her. She's just a sad little misguided, delusional feral puppy, looking for someone to pat her head and give her rubs.

Episode 11 was awesome. That cheater getting busted, the records room scene with the other couple, MiKyeong trying to use building rent to keep SangSu... There was lots happening outside of our OTP who were just spectacular.

I can't with these ratings:bawling:. I've noticed internal viewers are increasingly enjoying the drama, but there's no accounting for Korean viewers tastes, is there?

• Like 3

The show attained it's highest ratings thus far which I find quite awkward because it happened after cheating started, audiences surely love all cheating shows.

I was noticing that sang su's mother is quite a contrast to majority kdrama moms, in other dramas mothers are dying to get their sons married to rich girls and totally hate on a poor background gf like su yeong, if his mom was like any other kdrama mom or how mothers from korean society are shown at this point she would have been blackmailing, crying, wailing, jumping and whatnot, reminding him how hard it was to give birth to him to force him to marry mk.

I really find it weird that mk has a thing in always insulting sy over lunch/dinner. When sy announces she's volunteering and after that she and her colleagues are having lunch, mk and others start asking about why she volunteered etc, then what mk says to sy meant this, 'ya right you are moving to a different branch but we will get to see you daily in the morning and it's only 3 months so it's not a big deal you are moving', which was quite rude of her as noone wanted to move and they knew suyong was an easy target to grind by all higher ups so likely why she yielded, that's why the smart older colleague instantly gets something is off btw sy and mk, and asks sy.

I like how his mother is so perceptive that she notices sang su ignoring mk at bank, then she notices mk visiting alone, it was very sensible of her to advice mk to only visit with sang su because she understands something is off between two and that mk is trying to earn her favors by coming alone to manipulate her and to use her as a card against her son, so she preempts all such efforts beforehand.

It also looks very weird that the day his mom gets a call that rent won't be changed, mk barges in with fancy food for his mother completely out of blue and it was for the first time as his mom looks shocked. So like if you want that person you are giving a favor, to not find out you are behind it to save them from embarassment, naturally you are going to avoid them, it, but instead she visits with tonn load of food same day so that the mother will instantly realize even if she hadn't guess before and will be thankful for the favor and food. I am lowering your rent and now buying you fancy food so be my obedient slave. I wonder if his mom hadn't noticed the distance between two what she would have done. The shot specifically shows the large amount of expensive food she had brought, then we see mother half heartedly eating it, the whole shot felt very symbolic, like the fancy food lying before mom is mk's wealth she is using to buy her and mother lazily eating is her lack of interest in her status and her not bothering with it. Even after so much manipulation one is supposed to feel bad for her? Lowering rent was bad but visiting with bags of food was like rubbing it in her face,  and she expects people to still love her? Imagine how worthless you consider some people are that you casually walk in with food and stuff to buy them, and how emotionally daunting it would be for the person who has identified how they are getting treated. Mk needs a mom in law from kbs weekend dramas.

His mother rejecting the favor also shows the married life sequence in ep 10 was an imagination; most likely, because there he sees her giving his mom pocket money but here his mom is not even allowing lowering of rent let alone take money, infact she didn't accept any amount from her own son when she went to get loan.

I had noticed a thing from quite the start when mk approaches sang su she does it straight with the intention of getting married to him, this is why she calls him missing puzzle piece. When people start dating they do to know each other, check compatibility, spend good time together to reach a decision but mk starts it off with intention to marry him not respecting the fact that while this might be her thinking but not other person's, he may need his long time to decide to marry or quit, she didn't even give him time to think when she forcefully makes relationship public to increase social pressure on him.

In lying game when su yeong says I could have gotten back at mr yuk but I chose to ignore, it was very disturbing because it showed how strongy she wished to take an action against him but she couldn't.

• Like 2

This show is beyond frustrating now!! The writers & director, due to their love for cheap thrills, have really cheapened it now.

We are at the 12th episode and the main leads barely talk to each other. They have zero control over their lives, their actions. At times I feel this is Mi Kyong's show, she gets all the screentime, she has the most dialogues.

And man, why doesn't Su Yeong have any dialogues. She barely opens her mouth. When Mi Kyoung insults her, she bows her head, when Jong Hyeon asks her if she loves him, she looks shocked as if she never expected to be asked this question by her boyfriend. She runs away from Sang Su in an awkward manner. She makes lame excuses to not wear the ring. She is reduced to a secondary character despite being the main lead. It's like she doesn't even tell herself what she wants. In 12 episodes of the show, Sang Su & Su Yeong don't have a single significant conversation besides the kiss, after which also she ran. When they are together they talk in allegories like sand castle or some sad music. All of that is very poetic but when will they discuss their situation, it's high time! Su Yeong also doesn't have a single friend who can give her a different perspective. How's it possible that she doesn't even have a friend?? She is leading on Jong Hyeon for no reason and now he's raving mad. I'm guessing she told him that she slept with Gyeong Pil or something to that effect. Why not just end things amicably instead of endless lies? When you want to break up with someone, you limit social interactions, but that's not Su Yeong. She goes to meet Jong Hyeon's study circle friends. Even there a girl is hitting on him and she remains a spectator. She can't stand up to Mi Kyoung, she can't stand up to some random kid hitting on her so-called boyfriend, it's very disappointing to see Moon Ga Young's talent being wasted on this kind of a character.

Today's episode was probably the worst. I was hoping there'd be some concrete answers, but again there are vague conversations, abrupt cuts, the leads not talking to each other, missing each other's calls, Sang Su once again showing up at Su Yeong's place unannounced and seeing Su Yeong & Jong Hyeon together and feeling sad. Su Yeong for the umpteenth time giving cold shoulder to Sang Su. How many times will we see the same things? I'll not watch the next episode. I'll wait for the reviews here, if you all tell me it's worth watching, only then I'll watch. I'm done with this idiotic show and I absolutely hate heroines who are such pushovers.

• Like 3

Moon Ga Young And Yoo Yeon Seok Warm Each Other Up On A Spontaneous Beach Date In “The Interest Of Love”

Moon Ga Young And Yoo Yeon Seok Warm Each Other Up On A Spontaneous Beach Date In “The Interest Of Love”

Moon Ga Young will be taking a leap of faith to protect her love in “The Interest of Love”!

JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” is a realistic romance drama about four people with different interests who meet while working at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. As they become entangled in one another’s lives, they eventually come to understand the true meaning of love. Yoo Yeon Seok stars as Ha Sang Soo, a man who firmly believes that a stable and uneventful life is the key to happiness, while Moon Ga Young plays his co-worker Ahn Soo Young, who is wary of love.

Ahead of Episode 12, JTBC unveiled stills of Ahn Soo Young and Ha Sang Soo at the beach where they share a heartfelt and much-needed conversation.

Previously, the pair visited a skating rink where they were overwhelmed with emotion and ended up confirming their feelings for one another with a kiss. While Ha Sang Soo has been approaching Ahn Soo Young without hesitation, they still have to tie up loose ends of their other relationships. As she’s unable to be with Ha Sang Soo but also unable to give up on their love, Ahn Soo Young takes a trip to the beach to organize her feelings and clear her mind.

While sitting on the beach by herself, Ahn Soo Young is watched from afar by Ha Sang Soo, who has come looking for her. When he finally joins her, Ahn Soo Young begins sharing memories from her childhood, creating a warm and special moment between them.

Moon-Ga-Young-1.jpegYoo-Yeon-Seok.jpeg

As they continue chatting, Ha Sang Soo notices Ahn Soo Young enduring the chilly wind and takes off his coat for her. Just like the waves of the ocean they’re looking at, Ahn Soo Young’s emotions keep crashing in and out. Stay tuned to see how this vulnerable conversation impacts their relationship moving forward.

Spoiler

Moon-Ga-Young-Yoo-Yeon-Seok-1.jpegMoon-Ga-Young-Yoo-Yeon-Seok-2.jpegMoon-Ga-Young-2.jpeg

Regarding this scene, Moon Ga Young shared, “I believe this scene properly showcases what emotions Ahn Soo Young, who has built a sandcastle, acts with in the future.”

The drama’s producers added, “This is an aspect that shows how Ahn Soo Young, who often doesn’t have a choice, is a character who tries to act independently no matter the situation. To Ahn Soo Young, who has silently swallowed even her uncontrollable feelings, the sand castle is a means of expressing her feelings.”

This upcoming episode of “The Interest of Love” airs on January 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564361wpp/moon-ga-young-and-yoo-yeon-seok-warm-each-other-up-on-a-spontaneous-beach-date-in-the-interest-of-love

• Thanks 1

This ep was a mess .I'm probably the only one who feels for MiGyoung. Is she nuts, obsessive, and scary? yes but I can still see things from her side. Sangsu should have never entered a relationship with her when he had zero feelings for her. Sure, she said she always knew  that he didn't love her but still he gave her hope and that's not good either. The one I feel zero pity is for JoungHyun. What is his deal? Like it's obvious he has feelings for someone else and is still posessive over SuYoung. I question his real motives.

As for SY man, who messed up this girl is. She'd rather destroy that sandcastle than have someone else do it.I can see her doing what she did to protect Sangsu in a wacked way but I think she mostly did it for herself. 

This drama is filled with human, flawed realistic characters, thats why i like it.

• Like 3

Woww!!!! After ep 1 and 2, ep 12 is the best one. Really an eventful episode finally with lot of things happening, like whole sequence about mr yang's cheating, discussion about him at work, discussion with him sitting in restaurant, sang su's character development, mk openly acting btchy removing the mask, and gosh what an obsessive psycho case is she, she belongs in a mental facility. 

Okay so I have a lot to say on this episode even tho some of it will be myself repeating same stuff about b.tch rich girl and pathetic security guard.

So I don't think so I need to repeat anything on mk and her unending manipulation attempts. All I said about her mom and her has proven to be correct and repeating itself. Did you guys also notice how her mom tries to rub into sangsu's mom's face their status difference just that his mom stays unfazed. And most of all when she feels appalled that the lower ones are rejecting her daughter when it has to be 'us' rejecting the guy.

I agree a lot with what above poster hong banjang had mentioned, giving mk airtime (tho luckily it was still less than prev ep) but how many times we can see that worthless trash repeating her tactics. And again the extreme frustration towards ss and sy to not stand up for themselves or as assertively as needed and for not saying straight up 'no's' when needed. And why mk dresses up like a flight attendant or an elite massage centre or spa's receptionist.

My main attraction towards this show was lot of realistic portrayals of several things, like a toxic work environment, her colleagues' thinking, sy and ss's many personality traits, yes those traits are quite real, the way sy reacts in some situations getting mentally burdened by others comments and povs, fearing their reactions, her constant fears of this and that which is actually more of overthinking are quite real. But despite that ss and sy being shown as total pushovers who never speak up when needed, like when mk is refusing to break up, (she is literally treating break up as a divorce, heck people don't even act like this on divorce) and sang su not giving her a stern 'no' and instead saying he is giving her time, or not turning down mall invitation by her mom, and then sy letting mk take away her coffee and listening to her crap throughout silently etc etc is just too much and unreal, even most silent people snap up, but unfortunately in a show where most of the things shown were closer to reality, writers relied on these absured always remain silent and get treated as doormat traits in both ml and fls to take story forward.

It was extremely humiliating how her mom is literally ordering sangsu around at mall making him carry bags, forcing clothes on him etc etc. Would she have done same RickRoll'D if he was a chaebol son? She would be drinking wine pouring into his shoes than treating him like an errand boy with no right to decide for himself. I think this is where it all comes down what always miffs one about mk and her mom that they think oh we want so and so person, okay so now we will shower gifts and money on them; fine do it, but no we won't just do it by talking, asking politely and gifting with respect, we will drag them out to shops and places like they are servants and throw stuff at them. I always felt what was off about mk and her family and I realized they don't give you gifts, dinners and stuff with respect, like they won't see if someone is okay with it or not, he is in a mood to take that favor, is it acceptable to him/her, above all WHAT IS HIS/HER OPINION on entire meeting/shopping date with you, no but they think he/she is poor or less rich so he has no ego, self respect, we don't even need their opinion about anything from buying clothes to hanging out with them, we will drag them out like puppies, then throw the gifts in a disrespectful way which will make other person seem like he has been waiting all his life for these gifts. And they expect in their heads these favors are huge for them so how dare they refuse them. Never in their right state of mind would they ever treat a chaebol guy this way. Mk and her mom are disgusting, worthless people. What they deserve is a person telling them straight what their actions are like and throw stuff back in their faces, but thus far only person who sensed the humiliation and returned it was ss's mother. They assume less-rich-than-us people are by default born indebted towards us.

Mk was threatening ss about his career when that fails she threatens about sy then she threatens 'you think since we aren't married nothing big will happen'. I found her last threat very weird because no matter what as long as he isn't married the fallout will never be this big and then luckily it was confirmed by manager at bank who tells sang su, 'you aren't in a bad position but your biggest issue is mk's family'. So she knows his real threat is herself using the dad; like always duhh!, to ruin him, she is a total pos. After everything failing on ss she tries to emotionally manipulate sy, I didn't get that rubbish convo, ' I will like you so you will be guilty etc etc', like if you are telling them that then ofcourse it means you hate them lolzzz. And the sudden change in mk's tone going from sweet to her nasty self, and yet people think she deserves happiness. She is too shameless that she isn't acceping whether sy exists there or not he won't ever want to be with her. Her convo at uni branch is her way of bribing sy that I won't harm you two if you leave him alone, so even if sy abandons him which she does and sang su still wants to break up with mk even if he doesn't get sy, she will still screw over both these people's lives.

I really hope there is a special place in hell for people like mk. And it's funny the only thing she can snatch from sy is just a coffee cup, that's just how much her influence can go. 

Sang su was very impressive this episode, it was a strong character development and it was announced by writers as well when sy tells him, you have changed.

Before I say anything about jh did we see his side chick's guts to openly diss his gf?. Like she deserved a slap right there, and can we see how pathetic jh is that not only that he is emotionally cheating, he doesn't even aggressively stop her and then shamelessly lets sy pay for the drinks. Again sy not refusing the meeting, again her not refusing to pay, acting same pushover like always, fault clearly lies more with her.

I won't say much on jh as he is too worthless to waste words on. It doesn't look like she slept with gp, they started the rumors because when gp gets punched the way he is smiling broadly, then sy laughing in ep 13 preview, all looked like a planned setup. And I guess I was right that gp didn't cheat on mk. I am just afraid at this point gp is manipulating sy into this cheating stuff because he wants mk to be happy, he was never disloyal to sang su so far so I hope he isn't being selfish here for his ex!

There was absolutely no excuse for her sorry excuse of a human dad to cheat, like him talking about love and RickRoll'D was shocking, he was a 50 plus married man with 2 grown up kids and he went to have another family and then he calls it love? And how did writers draw parallels between dad and sy when she had always been in love with ss, not like falling in love with him after starting a new relationship. The whole analogy is wrong and I dunno why writers shoved that in.

Lot of stuff remained vague in the show, so we don't know what she means when she tells dad, 'you are still of no help'; it felt like she had decided career and relationship suicide like her sandcastle analogy, she knows ss is determined and he will take the plunge, mk will ruin his career and will shame her as well, which will also expose it to jh, so it's best to ruin every prospect with sang su, to take the fall for everyone even for jh's upcoming cheating, but somewhere maybe she wants her dad to give a different advice that will stop her but he also says what she has planned. But seriously why take advice from a scumbag cheating father of 2 kids and husband of a wife who was slogging like crazy to earn money.

Sy had started her relationship with jh outside the convenience store, the store permanently shutdown now was a symbolism of an end of their relationship. The snagging ring was also another symbolism of a mismatched pair.

In the last scene when he storms into bank, sy doesn't look nervous or worried, she looks so calm as if she has planned the whole thing in a way to lead to this, like baiting jh about the affair, making him run to the bank raging and then create scene. It seems before mk starts rumors on their affair, she wants to preempt it by getting herself linked to another guy at workplace to protect sang su. I don't know why she doesn't breakup with jh, had she told him beforehand she is done with him without mentioning cheating he might have caused scenes but left her eventually without so much drama, but the writers used jh as a plot device to take plot forward. Writers want sy to protect sang su's repute and to do so she should get caught cheating with some guy while being in a relationship with another, who will do this at workplace better than jh? So they turned jh into a jerk, it also helped turning him into a jerk so that we viewers won't feel bad for jh in any which way, which actually lol worked for me. Also in a misogynistic society like korea (or for that matter any other) a guy acting this way for wife or gf will get sympathies than bring considered a scumbag, so likely this clown isn't in for much trouble. 

I still demand writers to give explanation why sy always forced jh to stay with her throughout and now when she realizes a break up is inevitable why she does this to jh instead of talking it out with him at home, he could have screamed, yelled and all but it wouldn't be anything like what he did at workplace. Like seriously what is he? A loser from underdeveloped part of world where honor killing is still practiced against women that he acts this way? 

The last scene when ss hears those words from clown bf he shockingly looks at sy, we hear a scream like ear ringing sound and camera focuses on sy's face, she legit had HORROR movie expressions, for a second I thought it's a horror film am watching, what a good direction and perfectly given expressions by mgy. She impressed in this episode.

I liked ep 12 a lot, dunno about next episode, preview is good but how it turns out, we don't know, but a very well done episode. 

Tbh I see gp and sy as very similar people with deep secretive personalities, can they two be together. I want a kissing and bedroom scene between two, couldn't mk imagine one for gp and sy next episode? 

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 12! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Strangers Again” And “The Interest Of Love” Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” also set a new personal record in viewership, rising slightly to an average nationwide rating of 3.348 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564434wpp/strangers-again-and-the-interest-of-love-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RomanticRosebud said:

As for SY man, who messed up this girl is. She'd rather destroy that sandcastle than have someone else do it.I can see her doing what she did to protect Sangsu in a wacked way but I think she mostly did it for herself. 

She’s on a self destructive course because she doesn’t believe she deserves to be happy.  She has this fear that love is an illusion and that someone will destroy the very thing she worked so hard to build.  Love for her is like a sand castle.  It’s impermanent.  Remember how I said everyone’s concept of love is shaped by their experiences in family and in life?  For SY, the men in her life both caused her great pain.  Her father cheated on her mom and destroyed the trust in their family unit.  Her brother whom she adored died in an accident.  Both situations came out of the blue.  There was no warning when these events took place.  Their family was happy, no reason for her father to cheat.  Her brother was healthy, she had no reason to suspect her would die so soon.  She’s traumatized so much by the impermanence of these loving relationships that she isolates herself from any intimacy, whether it’s with female friends or male friends.  When anything comes even close to giving her hints of bringing her happiness (in love - be it friendship or romantic love), she self sabotages.  She destroys that sand castle because at least that way, she’s “in control”.  She knows when the pain of loss will hit her.  She’s convinced herself that no relationship is permanent and it inevitably leads to loss.  The fear of not knowing when that loss will occur drives her to self sabotage (break down the sand castle she built).  She can’t bear living with NOT knowing when that loss will hit and it makes her anxious.  That’s why she self sabotaged when she started to feel happy with SS in the beginning.  She destroyed that relationship by going out with JH and agreeing to blind dates.  And now when that relationship with JH is looking serious and her relationship with SS is starting to show signs of rekindling, she’s done it again.  Lobbing a grenade in there to destroy the sand castle on her terms by sleeping with GP (I am not entirely sure this really happened - she may have colluded with GP to make it appear that way).  She’s so fearful of “being happy” in a relationship because she’s been “trained” by her experiences to believe that it never lasts.  So instead of living in constant fear of losing that happiness, she chooses to snuff it out when it all gets too much and get over the “pain of loss” as quickly as possible.  SS has been given that glimpse into her deepest fear on that beach when she spoke about the sand castle.  That’s why he disagreed with her and tried to convince her that there’s a chance that the sand castle could still stand up and to live with that risk.  Not every sand castle you build will be washed away or torn down.  SY needs to pay heed to the Eric Hanson quote,

“There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky.  
And you ask, “what if I fall?”

O but my darling, 

what if you fly?”

If you opt to self sabotage every potentially close relationship you have with every human being, you end up lonely and morose like she is.  Relationships are all about risk.  When you open your heart to anyone, there’s every chance that you will be hurt.  But there’s also every chance that you will experience warmth and happiness as well.  They are 2 sides of the same coin (love).  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Hope everything goes smoothly and SY&SS end up together. 2 pathetic second leads go away quickly. How dare they make fuss about the breakup at the workplace like they were married. WTF he asks if he also slept with SY like SY is a one who goes with everymen in front of all coworkers. 

• Like 3

Think I'm the only one who ended up confused after ep. 12 ha-ha! Gyeong Pil really is bored LoL. 

Su Yeong must have taken Gyeong Pil's "advise" to heart it may seem. She doesn't really have many good examples of good relationships either. Maybe that's why she's conflicted and tryin' to protect herself by building a wall basically.

Sang Su on the other is just a sweetheart but also has trouble with confidence.. well, at least he is takin' steps into improving himself. 

Yikes the way Jong Hyeon marched into the bank scared the heck out of me. I mean what a hypocrite. That girl fr his study group came across as Mi Gyeong 2.0 LoL. And Mi Gyeong is just "lovely". Not LoL tsk. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Think I'm the only one who ended up confused after ep. 12 ha-ha! Gyeong Pil really is bored LoL. 

Su Yeong must have taken Gyeong Pil's "advise" to heart it may seem

I am not sure if he’s bored per se.  I gather he was watching all this misery unfold from the sidelines and offered SY a way out using his personal experience with MK.  From his story which he encounter to SY, MK’s cousin showed up 3 times in an attempt to coerce him to break up with her when they were in College together.  Her family thought he wasn’t a match for her socioeconomically.  He obviously didn’t want to follow through with it because the cousin had to come back 3 times to ask.  So instead of him breaking up with her, which he probably felt incapable of facing up to and doing, he decided to create a situation which would make her break up with him.  Hence he “cheated” on her.  Again I am not sure it really happened.  He may have colluded with someone else to give that perception and set the rumor in motion.  This way, the break up would be his fault, not hers?  This is pure conjecture on my part.  It’s a terribly convoluted way of breaking up but this drama is full of complex individuals who seem averse to straightforward truthful conversations.  :lol:

• Like 4

Guys I am a bit confused about the convo when mk visits sy at university branch. Firstly, what was her purpose fot apologizing over busting her live in status, was she threatening indirectly that she will out it at bank or something else? It was so random, then the entire convo thay followed didn't make sense to me. What was her point. Here's the convo:

Mk: I came to apologize. Sorry?  found out you were living with Jong-hyeon…  when I visited your house the last time.  I told Sang-su about it. You know why I did that, right? But still, I'm sorry. It was a personal matter.  I used it to my advantage. I tried to resent you. 

Sy: That's okay. You can resent and despise me.  That would make me feel better. 

Mk:That's exactly why… I don't want you to feel better. I want you to feel bad, knowing that I like you. Let that be a reason to think twice about him.  I want you to continue feeling guilty.

Like obviously if you are saying this, it means you hate them. If she's telling her I am going to still like you what does it mean, how is this going to benefit sy in any way and the girl is apparently quite resentful already. What was the hidden meaning? She said I am going to lile you, let this be a reason to think twice about him. Either it's netflix's usual poor translation or her dialogues were written gibberish. So does she mean that I am not harming you so thank me for this and use it as a chance to think about sang su's future again which I am going to ruin if you two don't stop? 

Is that what it meant?

Secondly, if we assume which is likely, whether sy and gp slept or not, that they started the affair rumors to protect sang su, now sy's character has openly been tainted as tramp-ish and it reaffirms the old, albeit false image that she sleeps with many men, so people could easily assume she slept with sang su as well, and mi kyong could still spread the scandal on both, so I don't get when mi kyong can still out them both how is this move gonna help sang su, maybe next episodes will reveal as logically it makes no sense. Second thing atleast mr yang's wife had proof of dating in photos etc, but what is the proof mk has to expose them both? Just that diary sang su has? 

• Like 1

@nrllee

Nope. He's bored alright LoL. From the many other comments I came across from other forums indicate that he's acting out of concern ( don't know if I believe that LoL ) and his still lingering feelings for Mi Gyeong.

The currently airing, "Strangers Again" has the exact same thing goin' on with the ml. He too, like Gyeong Pil made up "an affair" to divorce his ex. 

If there's 1 thing I noticed 'bout South Koreans after the many dramas I watched; they are incredibly judgmental pfft. They place too much time on what/ how others perceive them. That comment from Mi Gyeong's mother to Sang Su's mother - "Don't you think I am the one who should feel slighted that our children are getting married?" ( Or somethin' close to that LoL ) already shows her disdain over Sang Su's status. His single mom and the fact they live humbly compared to Mi Gyeong's wealth and elitist roots.

Idk I just want Sang Su and Su Yeong to end up happy and of course...  if possible together.

• Like 3

@Shimmery-summer  I think when MK had that confrontation with SY, she is resentful and wanting “revenge”.  But because MK wants SY to “suffer”, she doesn’t want to resent SY.  Because that’s exactly what SY wants her (MK) to do.  She doesn’t want SY to feel justified or better knowing that MK hates/despises her.  So instead, MK decided to continue to “be nice” or “like” her.  Which then makes SY out to be the only “bad person” in the whole mess.  Does that make sense?  She’s (MK) is using reverse psychology on SY.  MK wants SY to continue to feel guilty for stealing her man away (when, in MK’s eyes anyway, MK has been nothing but “nice” to SY all this time).  The public will also be more likely to stay on MK’s side if she continues to act nice to SY.  MK will be the “wronged” party that everyone feels sorry for and pile abuse on SY.  If MK retaliates with hate, there could be some who may feel like she got what she deservered.

I don’t think MK has anything on them to “out” them.  It’s just what was said in the hallway during that confrontation at the bank in the last few minutes of the ep.  I guess this way, MK would be viewed as the “wronged” party and both SS (if he says nothing to deny the allegations) and SY will be the talk of the town.  It’s likely that they will both have to leave the bank and starts fresh somewhere else.  Or better yet, MK could move to another branch or up to HQ.

@Latte_Anyday you have a point there.  GP could just be wanting in on the action and opting to collude with SY to spice things up again.  Guess we’ll just wait and see what unfolds.

• Like 3

The Interest of Love: Episodes 11-12

by Dramaddictally

TIOL1112_1.jpg

Hang onto your seats and get ready to yip, yell, and flail because these two episodes take us for a serious ride. All four of our leads are losing hold of their senses while trying to grip tight to their hearts. For some, this brings a kind of freedom, while for others it looks like a descent into madness. The slow pace we were used to in the first half of this drama is gone, leaving us with enough flying emotions to cause whiplash.

EPISODES 11-12 WEECAP

We dive in headfirst where we left off last week: with a replay of that kiss (as if we could forget it). Afterward, Soo-young rushes out of the rink and Sang-soo chases after her — so Yoo Yeon-seok can continue to tear my heart apart with his phenomenal acting. He tells her it wasn’t a mistake and he doesn’t regret it, then formally confesses that he likes her. Both are welling with tears as he says he knows it’s too late but he can’t do it anymore, and he’s ready to take the blame.

Sang-soo starts to drive Soo-young home but she asks to go for a drink first. At the bar, she suggests they play The Lying Game, where everything they say has to be a lie. The game begins very sweetly as they express what’s really important to them (Sang-soo says he went fishing with his dad last week and Soo-young says her brother is studying abroad). Soo-young also talks about how rich she is, how she just works at the bank for fun, and how she’s spoiled because she never had any chores (umm, is she trying to throw shade at Mi-kyung?).

ut then, Soo-young does one of the most hurtful things I can imagine. She says how much she likes Sang-soo, that she liked him from the beginning, and sometimes thinks of quitting her job to be with him. Every word is ripping his heart out. Then she says, “Lying Game over.” (How could anybody be so mean?!)

They get in the back of a taxi, silent, their hands resting between them and, without looking, Sang-soo moves his hand over hers and clasps it tightly. He looks out the window, crying. Soo-young remains blank faced (as she often does). As it’s happening, Mi-kyung has gone to Sang-soo’s empty apartment and let herself in. She keeps calling Sang-soo, and being ignored, until he finally turns off his phone.

The Interest of Love Episodes 11-12

Soo-young arrives home and Jong-hyun has dinner waiting. He doesn’t question her much about where she’s been, but lets her know that his father had surgery thanks to the money she gave him. He starts talking again about paying her back as soon as possible, but then says he needs more time before he moves out of the apartment. She tells him to take his time with both.

The tone and context of these introductory events set us up for what’s to come: Sang-soo throwing caution to the wind to be with Soo-young, and Mi-kyung and Jong-hyun clawing for their lives to stay in their relationships. Soo-young is the only one who still hasn’t made up her mind, but the drama gives us two situations to toss our characters around and force them to think hard about their values.

TIOL1112_5.jpg

The first situation is a change of scenery. When the Yongpo branch takes over another branch, they need volunteers to go work at the new location for three months. Soo-young says she’ll go. Then the team meeting gets quiet as they wait for a second volunteer. Sang-soo starts to raise his hand but Kyung-pil cuts him off and says he’ll do it. Kyung-pil is trying to protect Mi-kyung, but she’s already seen Sang-soo lift his hand. She knows he was out with Soo-young the night before, also — and that that’s the reason he declined to go to her family dinner.

After the meeting, there’s a lovely scene where Sang-soo pulls Soo-young into the storage room and asks if she’s going to the other branch to avoid him. She counters that she was going to be picked anyway, so she volunteered. Then, another office couple comes into the storage room to have a tiff and Sang-soo and Soo-young cram into the corner together. Sang-soo can’t help but laugh at the couple, and Soo-young covers his mouth. It’s an amazing display of how these two can seem so comfortable and so tense together at the same time.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/01/the-interest-of-love-episodes-11-12/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2