[Drama 2022/2023] The Interest of Love/Understanding of Love, 사랑의 이해

larus

Actress Seo Jeong-yeon has confirmed her appearances in the dramas 'Trolley' and 'Understanding Love'.

NISI20221205_0001145749_web.jpg?rnd=2022

JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Understanding of Love' is a melodrama that tells the story of people with different interests meeting and understanding the meaning of true love.

In this work, she will play the role of Han Jung-im, the mother of Ha Sang-soo (played by Yoo Yeon-seok), and show off her mother-son chemistry.

Meanwhile, Seo Jeong-yeon is currently acting as the mother of Yoon Hyeon-woo (Song Joong-ki) in the JTBC drama 'The youngest son of a conglomerate family'.

https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20221205_0002111551

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Moon Ga Young And Yoo Yeon Seok Start Developing Feelings For One Another In “The Interest Of Love”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Interest of Love” has previewed Yoo Yeon Seok and Moon Ga Young’s relationship in new stills!

Starring Yoo Yeon Seok, Moon Ga Young, Geum Sae Rok, and Jung Ga Ram, “The Interest of Love” is a romance drama about four individuals with different interests who meet each other at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank and come to understand the true meaning of love.

The new stills feature Ha Sang Soo (Yoo Yeon Seok) and Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young) learning how to do their tasks for the first time at the bank. After work, they enjoy a date together as they walk down the street side by side while looking at each other with adoration. The air surrounding them is sweet as the pair perfectly illustrates two young people who have growing feelings for each other and are just about to start a romantic relationship.

However, just as the drama’s title suggests, Ha Sang Soo and Ahn Soo Young have different interests in their lives. The two have different backgrounds they grew up in, different situations that they’re currently facing, and most notably, different views on love. Can the two overcome their differences and learn to truly understand and accept each other’s love?

Moon-Ga-Young-Yoo-Yeon-Seok-1536x1024.jp

Yoo-Yeon-Seok-Moon-Ga-Young--1536x1024.j

Spoiler

Moon-Ga-Young-Yoo-Yeon-Seok1-1536x1024.j

The production team raised viewers’ anticipation by commenting, “Yoo Yeon Seok and Moon Ga Young will melt everyone’s winter with a classic romance drama.”

“The Interest of Love” is set to premiere on December 21 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Moon Ga Young And Yoo Yeon Seok Start Developing Feelings For One Another In “The Interest Of Love” | Soompi

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Talk About Each Other’s Characters In “The Interest Of Love”

Yoo Yeon Seok and Moon Ga Young took some time to discuss their upcoming drama “The Interest of Love” and what their characters mean to one another!

Starring Yoo Yeon Seok, Moon Ga Young, Geum Sae Rok, and Jung Ga Ram, “The Interest of Love” is a romance drama about four individuals with different interests who meet each other at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank and come to understand the true meaning of love.

Yoo Yeon Seok plays Ha Sang Soo, a man who wishes for nothing more than normalcy as he goes through each day with an unshakable stance. But the stable hold he has on his emotions and thoughts begins to waver as he falls for his co-worker Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young).

moon-ga-young-yoo-yeon-seok.jpg

“To Ha Sang Soo, I think Ahn Soo Young is a variable in his life and his heart,” said Yoo Yeon Seok. “It seems like a variable is created in Ha Sang Soo’s life, which he’s always tried to keep ordinary and consistent through many different kinds of situations, as he comes to give Ahn Soo Young his heart.”

yoo-yeon-seok-540x588.jpg

Meanwhile, Moon Ga Young’s character Ahn Soo Young is someone who does not easily give her heart away to just anyone. When Ha Sang Soo begins to show her his feelings of love, she finds his clumsy yet sincere attempts both unfamiliar and exciting, and the walls she so carefully built up begin to come down little by little.

When asked about what Ha Sang Soo means to Ahn Soo Young, Moon Ga Young gave a taste of Ahn Soo Young’s complicated feelings by replying, “I don’t want to define the meaning of Ha Sang Soo.” She went on, “After all, the meaning of our drama is that you can’t precisely define what someone else means.”

Spoiler

moon-ga-young-540x588.jpg

Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Talk About Each Other’s Characters In “The Interest Of Love” | Soompi

• Like 1

December 7 2022

Teaser trailer 3 for JTBC drama “The Interest of Love”

The_Interest_of_Love-SI001.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 added for JTBC drama series “The Interest of Love” starring Yoo Yeon-Seok and Mun Ka-Young. Narration on the teaser trailer goes (0:01) Mun Ka-Young “I forget my situation when I’m with Section Chief Ha,” (0:05) Yoo Yeon-Seok “I’m nervous. I’m uncomfortable in these kinds of situations and this kind of feeling. But all this doesn’t matter,” (0:13) Mun Ka-Young “Can we meet now?,” (0:28) Yoo Yeon-Seok “I can’t do this anymore. Accidentally, I gave my heart to the wrong person.” Above and below are still images of Yoo Yeon-Seok as Ha Sang-Soo and Mun Ka-Young as An Soo-Young in the drama series. Both characters work at a bank, hence the double entendre with the English title of “The Interest of Love.”

“The Interest of Love” first airs December 21, 2022 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: A realistic romance story of four people who all met at the Youngpo branch of KCU Bank.

Ha Sang-Soo (Yoo Yeon-Seok) pursues an ordinary life. He believes happiness is having an unshakable life. Due to the arrival of love, his calm daily life changes.

An Soo-Young (Mun Ka-Young) thinks that love does not last forever and can go away at any moment. She’s busy supporting herself under unpleasant circumstances. She feels excited by a man who suddenly approaches her.

Park Mi-Kyung (Keum Sae-Rok) comes from a rich family. She is self-assertive and quite open about her feelings. When she has someone that she likes, she makes that person join her side no matter what. She enters a relationship that doesn’t go as she wishes.

Jung Jong-Hyun (Jung Ga-Ram) is studying for an exam to become a police officer. He has a personality that drives him do his best in everything. He lives in a harsh situation.

• Like 2

Watch: Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Walk A Tightrope Of Emotions In Tense Teaser For “The Interest Of Love”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 7, 2022
by S. Cho

Yoo Yeon Seok and Moon Ga Young have viewers’ hearts racing with their ambiguous relationship in “The Interest of Love”!

JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” is a romance drama about four individuals with different interests who meet each other at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank and come to understand the true meaning of love. Yoo Yeon Seok plays Ha Sang Soo, a man who wishes for nothing more than normalcy as he goes through each day with an unshakable stance. But the stable hold he has on his emotions and thoughts begins to waver as he falls for his co-worker Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young), who does not easily give her heart away to just anyone.

The newly released third teaser highlights the tense tightrope of emotions in the will-they-won’t-they relationship between Ha Sang Soo and Ahn Soo Young. Despite their awkward tension, the two characters are inevitably drawn to each other as Ahn Soo Young comments, “When I’m with associate Ha, I forget about my situation.” Ha Sang Soo shares similar feelings as he says, “It’s nerve-wracking and uncomfortable. These situations and emotions. But none of that matters.”

Unable to contain his emotions any longer, Ha Sang Soo approaches Ahn Soo Young and shares, “I can’t take it any more.” As their relationship takes a step in a new direction, Ha Sang Soo describes it as “a disaster where I gave my heart to someone I shouldn’t have opened up to.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1557589wpp/watch-yoo-yeon-seok-and-moon-ga-young-walk-a-tightrope-of-emotions-in-tense-teaser-for-the-interest-of-love

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Ask Whether Love Is Enough In New Romance Drama “The Interest Of Love”

JTBC has unveiled an intriguing new poster for its upcoming drama “The Interest of Love”!

“The Interest of Love” is a realistic romance drama about four people with different interests who meet while working at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. As they become entangled in one another’s lives, they eventually come to understand the true meaning of love.

Yoo Yeon Seok will star in the drama as Ha Sang Soo, a man who firmly believes that a stable and uneventful life is the key to happiness. However, his peaceful world is turned upside down when he falls for Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young), a co-worker who is wary of love and sees it as an unreliable sandcastle that could collapse at any moment.

In the newly released poster for the upcoming drama, Ha Sang Soo and Ahn Soo Young are unable to hide their growing feelings for one another as they gaze fondly into each other’s eyes.

However, the heartwarming vibe of the poster contrasts sharply with its ominous caption, which questions whether love is really enough to overcome an overwhelmingly difficult situation. The caption asks doubtfully, “Can you handle all of this for the sake of love and love alone?”

The-Interest-of-Love-1074x1536.jpg

Yoo Yeon Seok commented, “Because the story isn’t all that lighthearted, there are many scenes that require a high level of focus. While acting with Moon Ga Young, I find myself becoming completely immersed in my character and the situation.”

He went on to praise his co-star, noting, “Thanks to Moon Ga Young’s positive energy, the atmosphere on the filming set is always warm and friendly. But the moment the cameras start rolling, she becomes extremely focused and disappears into her character, which makes it easier for me to focus on my own acting as well.”

Moon Ga Young returned the love by remarking, “[Yoo Yeon Seok] is very considerate and attentive, and he always checks to see whether I’m doing okay or if I’m uncomfortable. Thanks to him, I’m filming comfortably. We also consult one another often and share our concerns with each other. We’re trying to understand love together, so please show lots of interest [in our drama].”

“The Interest of Love” will premiere on December 21 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Ask Whether Love Is Enough In New Romance Drama “The Interest Of Love” | Soompi

• Like 1

News bites: December 10, 2022

by tccolb

The-Interest-of-Love-1074x1536.jpg

In addition to laughs, this winter brings some melancholy as well with JTBC’s The Interest of Love (previously Understanding of Love). The latest promos include a new poster and video teaser, deconstructing the main love square between Yoo Yeon-seok (Narco-Saints), Moon Ga-young (Link: Eat, Love, Kill), Geum Sae-rok (Youth of May), and Jung Ga-ram (Love Alarm 2). The romance premieres in less than two weeks on December 21. [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/news-bites-december-10-2022/

• Like 2

Moon Ga Young Talks About “The Interest Of Love,” Her New Romance Drama With Yoo Yeon Seok

Dec 12, 2022
by E. Cha

Moon Ga Young has shared her thoughts on her upcoming JTBC drama “The Interest of Love”!

“The Interest of Love” is a realistic romance drama about four people with different interests who meet while working at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. As they become entangled in one another’s lives, they eventually come to understand the true meaning of love.

Yoo Yeon Seok will star in the drama as Ha Sang Soo, a man who firmly believes that a stable and uneventful life is the key to happiness. However, his peaceful world is turned upside down when he falls for Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young), a resilient co-worker who has tried to stay positive in the face of hardship, but is wary of love and sees it as an unreliable sandcastle that could collapse at any moment.

Moon-Ga-Young-2.jpg

Moon Ga Young revealed that her main reason for choosing to star in the drama was that she had been captivated by the character of Ahn Soo Young.

“When I first read the script, the drama itself was appealing, but I was especially drawn to Ahn Soo Young,” she recalled. “She’s steadfastly endured her harsh reality and is tough, but there’s also something shaky about her, in the sense that you don’t know when she’ll break.”

“My first impression of Ahn Soo Young was that she had the image of someone who would vanish if you tried to touch her,” continued the actress. “She seemed like someone you needed to approach cautiously, but also a very precious person. That’s part of Ahn Soo Young’s charm.”

Moon-Ga-Young-3.jpg

As for her approach to portraying the character, Moon Ga Young shared, “It’s an actor’s job to convince viewers of many different situations and also to evoke empathy, and I always place a lot of focus on that goal. However, this time, rather than convince viewers, I just want to show Ahn Soo Young exactly as she is. Even the lack of certainty or a correct answer, the way she sways and wavers here and there—all of that is Ahn Soo Young.”

Finally, she concluded, “I hope that viewers will watch the drama together with us and let their hearts go wherever they may lead. It’s a drama that I’m full of affection for, so please show lots of interest and anticipation.”

Moon-Ga-Young-4.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1558253wpp/moon-ga-young-talks-about-the-interest-of-love-her-new-romance-drama-with-yoo-yeon-seok

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, December 13, 2022
19 3

The upcoming JTBC drama "The Interest of Love" - slated to release on December 21st - recently got its Netflix trailer. 

The OTT platform released the trailer on its sister channel, "The Swoon", on December 13th. 

jOqxv_2f.jpg

Based on the novel "Sarangui Yihae" by Lee Hyeok Jin, the upcoming realistic romance K-drama tells the story of 4 people crossing paths at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. Despite having different interests and distinctive personalities, they soon find themselves entangled in each other's lives. 

"The Interest of Love" will be Yoo Yeon Seok's second drama of the year after Narco-Saints (also released on Netflix on September 9th). He will be seen playing the role of Ha Sang Soo - an upright senior head of the comprehensive consultation team at Nara Bank, who leads a perfect life. But he finds his serenity disturbed when he starts falling in love. 

After her recent drama's success, Moon Ga Young will now play the female lead in "The Interest of Love". She will be seen as Ahn Soo Young - a fourth-year chief bank teller at Nara Bank who is admired for her head-turning beauty and sweet voice. She holds the belief that love is unreliable and the relationships built from it can come crumbling down at any moment.

The show also stars Geum Sae Rok as Park Mi Kyung - an assertive rich woman whose wishes are equal to her commands, but soon comes into a relationship that is out of her control; and Jung Ga Ram as Jung Jong Hyun - a diligent young man working as KCU Bank's security guard who pursues a dream of becoming a police officer. 

When and where to watch the K-drama "The Interest of Love"?

https://mydramalist.com/article/netflix-releases-the-trailer-of-the-upcoming-k-drama-the-interest-of-love

• Like 2

Watch: Moon Ga Young Does A 180 On Her Feelings For Yoo Yeon Seok In New “The Interest Of Love” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 14, 2022
by M. Lim

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Interest of Love” has hinted at how Yoo Yeon Seok and Moon Ga Young’s relationship turns sour!

“The Interest of Love” is a romance drama about four individuals with different interests who meet each other at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank and come to understand the true meaning of love. Yoo Yeon Seok plays Ha Sang Soo, a man who wishes for nothing more than normalcy as he goes through each day with an unshakable stance. But the stable hold he has on his emotions and thoughts begins to waver as he falls for his co-worker Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young), who does not easily give her heart away to just anyone.

The newly released teaser begins by first giving a glimpse at how Ha Sang Soo manages to score a date with the seemingly unattainable Ahn Soo Young. Unlike others who are caught up in their prejudice that the gorgeous and elegant Ahn Soo Young would already have a boyfriend, Ha Sang Soo takes his chances and boldly sends a text message to Ahn Soo Young, “I would like to meet you this weekend.”

The two make viewers’ hearts flutter when they’re walking together on the street after their date, with shy stolen glances and subtle tension in the air and distance so close their hands nearly brush up against one another. When it’s time for them to part ways, Ahn Soo Young says, “I don’t like ambiguous relationships,” to which Ha Sang Soo replies, “I also like things that are certain and neater,” suggesting that their relationship is gradually developing.

And then the teaser suddenly cuts to Ha Sang Soo hearing a rumor that has been circling around inside the bank. The employees gossip that Ahn Soo Young personally made and gave Jung Jong Hyun (Jung Ga Ram), a security guard at the KCU Bank, a lunch box and that they’re now dating.

Realizing the sudden switch to Ahn Soo Young’s attitude toward him, Ha Sang Soo confesses, “Soo Young, but you know how I feel,” but Ahn Soo Young dismisses him coldly, “I don’t want to know.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1558473wpp/watch-moon-ga-young-does-a-180-on-her-feelings-for-yoo-yeon-seok-in-new-the-interest-of-love-teaser

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Yoo Yeon Seok, Moon Ga Young, Geum Sae Rok, And Jung Ga Ram Are Entangled In Puzzling Relationships In “The Interest Of Love” Posters

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Interest of Love” has released new character posters!

“The Interest of Love” is a new romance drama about four individuals with different interests who meet each other at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank and come to understand the true meaning of love. The drama stars Yoo Yeon Seok, Moon Ga Young, Geum Sae Rok, and Jung Ga Ram as four of the bank’s employees, and it will explore their individual stories.

The newly released posters feature the four leads—Ha Sang Soo (Yoo Yeon Seok), Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young), Park Mi Kyung (Geum Sae Rok), and Jung Jong Hyun (Jung Ga Ram)—showing different perspectives of love.

To start with, Ha Sang Soo wears a conflicted expression as if he is facing an unexpected variable. The text on the top left that reads, “Love is like a constant that maintains a constant value under any conditions and not a variable that changes depending on the situation,” describes Ha Sang Soo’s way of looking at love.

However, he seems to be at a crossroads between Ahn Soo Young, whom he likes, and Park Mi Kyung, who likes him. Viewers are curious to find out where Ha Sang Soo’s heart will lead him.

interest-of-love_01-1074x1536.jpeg

In the poster below, Ahn Soo Young is also conflicted between two men, Ha Sang Soo and Jung Jong Hyun. Both of them are looking at her, but Ahn Soo Young is just staring into the void. The text that reads, “Love is like a sandcastle on the beach. It is pretty and shiny, but it can collapse in an instant,” describes her situation where she cannot hastily give her heart to either of them.

interest-of-love_02-1074x1536.jpeg

In another poster, Park Mi Kyung’s confident smile with her arms wrapped around Ha Sang Soo draws attention. Park Mi Kyung is honest and straightforward in her pursuit of Ha Sang Soo’s heart, but behind her, Sang Soo’s meaningful gaze is directed at someone else. The text that reads, “Love is like the body temperature that warms me at any moment even if it doesn’t go burning hot,” foreshadows a change in Park Mi Kyung’s perspective of love.

Spoiler

interest-of-love_03-1074x1536.jpeg

Last but not least, the text describing Jung Jong Hyun’s perspective of love that reads, “Love is like a debt pretending to be light. It’s like a suffocating feeling of indebtedness that one has to pay off entirely someday,” is rather dark and heavy. In a contrasting manner, Jung Jong Hyun has a bright smile on his face, stimulating viewers’ curiosity. On top of this, Ahn Soo Young, who had been staring into space before, is caught looking at him this time. The posters allow viewers to see the puzzling relationship between the four at a glance, raising anticipation for the complicated and subtle romance between the characters

Spoiler

interest-of-love_04-1074x1536.jpeg

Yoo Yeon Seok, Moon Ga Young, Geum Sae Rok, And Jung Ga Ram Are Entangled In Puzzling Relationships In “The Interest Of Love” Posters | Soompi

• Like 1

by lo_ve, December 15, 2022
5 1

Moon Tae Yu will join the cast of the upcoming K-drama "The Interest of Love."

On December 15th, it was officially confirmed that Moon Tae Yu will be part of the JTBC romance K-drama "The Interest of Love." 

"The Interest of Love" is a romantic melodrama that will showcase the story of four men and women that will showcase their different insights about true love. 

The upcoming series will be led by Yoo Yeon Seok, Moon Ga Young, Geum Sae Rok, and Jung Ga Ram

Moon Tae Yu will play the role of So Kyung Pil, the best friend of Yoo Yeon Seok's character. He is also the chief of the general affairs section of KCU Bank’s Yeongpo branch. He boasts the qualities of a good banker. He can perform any task without difficulty. 

This will be the reunion project of Moon Tae Yu and Yoo Yeon Seok. The two worked together in the two seasons of "Hospital Playlist." 

The K-drama will be the next work of director  Jo Young Min and writers Lee Hyun Jung and Lee Seo Hyun

"The Interest of Love" will premiere on JTBC on December 21 at 10:30 PM KST. The K-drama will also be available on the global OTT platform, Netflix.

28dOw_2f.jpg

This will be the third drama of the actor for 2022. Moon Tae Yu starred in the series "Forecasting Love and Weather" and "Salon De Nabi." 

Moon Tae Yu made his acting debut in 2007. He has starred in several dramas such as "Your Honor," "Confession," "Doctor Detective," "Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol," and more. 

He is best known as the junior of Jeon Mi Do named Yong Seok Min  in the hit drama "Hospital Playlist."

https://mydramalist.com/article/moon-tae-yu-to-be-added-to-the-cast-of-the-interest-of-love

• Like 2

Geum Sae Rok And Jung Ga Ram Have Different Perspectives Of Love In “The Interest Of Love”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 16, 2022
by S. Kim

“The Interest of Love” has released new stills of Geum Sae Rok and Jung Ga Ram who have contrasting views of love!

“The Interest of Love” is a new romance drama about four individuals with different interests who meet each other at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank and come to understand the true meaning of love. The drama stars Yoo Yeon Seok, Moon Ga Young, Geum Sae Rok, and Jung Ga Ram as four of the bank’s employees, and it will explore their individual stories.

Geum Sae Rok stars as Park Mi Kyung, an assistant manager at the Yeongpo branch who is honest with her feelings. The actress remarked, “Park Mi Kyung always values relationships, and she is straightforward in expressing her feelings to the person she likes with an unchanging mind. However, she also feels confused about love and relationships because of her relationship with someone that doesn’t go the way she wants for the first time. I focused on acting with the hope that these different sides of Park Mi Kyung and her sincere feelings would reach [viewers] fully.”

geum-sae-rok.jpeg

Spoiler

geum-sae-rok02-1536x1024.jpeg

Meanwhile, Jung Ga Ram will take on the role of Jung Jong Hyun who works at KCU Bank as a security guard and dreams of becoming a police officer. Jung Jong Hyun tries hard to become a person who suits the person he likes, but due to the unfavorable environment he is in, he thinks of love as debt that he has to pay off someday. Regarding his character, Jung Ga Ram shared, “He is a young man who does his best even in difficult circumstances. I tried to directly express the emotions I felt on set as Jung Jong Hyun’s various experiences could happen to anyone.”

Spoiler

jung-ga-ram.jpeg

jung-ga-ram02.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1558811wpp/geum-sae-rok-and-jung-ga-ram-have-different-perspectives-of-love-in-the-interest-of-love

• Like 2