[Drama 2022/2023] The Interest of Love/Understanding of Love, 사랑의 이해

larus

17 hours ago, nrllee said:

@Shimmery-summer  I think when MK had that confrontation with SY, she is resentful and wanting “revenge”.  But because MK wants SY to “suffer”, she doesn’t want to resent SY.  Because that’s exactly what SY wants her (MK) to do.  She doesn’t want SY to feel justified or better knowing that MK hates/despises her.  So instead, MK decided to continue to “be nice” or “like” her.  Which then makes SY out to be the only “bad person” in the whole mess.  Does that make sense?  She’s (MK) is using reverse psychology on SY.  MK wants SY to continue to feel guilty for stealing her man away (when, in MK’s eyes anyway, MK has been nothing but “nice” to SY all this time).  The public will also be more likely to stay on MK’s side if she continues to act nice to SY.  MK will be the “wronged” party that everyone feels sorry for and pile abuse on SY.  If MK retaliates with hate, there could be some who may feel like she got what she deservered.

I don’t think MK has anything on them to “out” them.  It’s just what was said in the hallway during that confrontation at the bank in the last few minutes of the ep.  I guess this way, MK would be viewed as the “wronged” party and both SS (if he says nothing to deny the allegations) and SY will be the talk of the town.  It’s likely that they will both have to leave the bank and starts fresh somewhere else.  Or better yet, MK could move to another branch or up to HQ.

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. No it doesn't make any sense even now. I understood guilty part, I feel either it's netflix's poor translation, or some korean cultural thing outsiders don't understand or just pure rubbish dialogue writing. Like I remember the scene outside restaurant when ss tells her mom they have broken up, mk says I was being nice before as it was easier, now I will be a bad person, at first I thought she meant all her behviors post joining office were what she was calling her 'acting' nice but then I realized she prolly means after learning about affair whatever she has done so far is her being nice, now she will go full tilt psycho. Still her lines were quite vague.

I get reverse psychology, but how is mi kyong being nice to su yong? Even before she found out about their relationship she still used to be quite passive aggressive towards suyong, gifting handme downs etc etc. After discovering the affair naturally she won't be talking sweetly but won't be able to act rude as this isn't possible at workplace, she can't disrupt workplace environment because of personal reasons. Her being 'nice' to make someone guilty entails mikyong not exposing ss and sy's affair, not destroying these two people's livelihoods and just move on, honestly that's the best way to make someone guilty nd shaking their souls.

But mk is planning on exact opposite, she has clearly told sang su after he informs her mom of break up that now she will go full vengeful mode, and then next she visits suyong with these weird dialogues. Fine mk is nice that she's not pulling a jong hyon drama at workplace nor pulling out su yong's hair and humiliating her at workplace as is shown in kdramas, that's what she means being nice? Other than that she plans to reveal the whole thing if ss still breaks up whether he dates sy or not,  which as such mightn't impact ss and sy's careers from higher admins, (probably delay ss's promotions and get sy fired as she is a weak target) because he wasn't married, they weren't even living together, but just as his senior manager said, the problem is mk's family which she will use to kick them both out of workplace. Then she says, keep my niceness in mind to think about him again.. another veiled threat or weird riddle. After this convo sy sits shocked at her desk and then gp jumps in to delve out his personal story. If we notice it was mk's visit after which sy goes full self nuke mode.

Even if she gets sang su quietly fired she knows ss will go after sy, if she exposes the affair whether sang su is fired or not, he will face humiliation, but su yong is going to face the most amount of humiliation as she is a woman and she comes from a poor background which is why she's always already used as a subject of sleazy rumors by toxic colleagues. Like remember when yuk was cheating that curly haired girl automatically blamed sy seeing the back of woman in photo? Or  remember at hotel, post training one of the sleazy colleages tells ss he wants to have an affair with a beauty like sy before he gets married to some other woman. Gosh I wish all those male colleagues are sent to hell in this world. The sleazy one who insults sy at drinks was already recording jong hyon's scumbaggery. That curly haired girl at workplace always used to bad mouth suyong, her store room convo with mr ma shows she also is jealous and insecure of sy's looks and I guessed from it, it was the reason she used to be so prickly about her except when the audit team visits.

By revealing they are living together, I meant in korea living together even though acceptable but, what I guessed from seeing others dramas, is still considered a big thing specially if he is a coworker, like ss and mk never moved in together. So I was just asking why apologize out of blue, incase she's trying to threaten that she will reveal live in at workplace and then affair with sang su or she will be nice she will skip live in part and follow rest of the plan. At that time when she visits suyong noone knows what will happen at episode end, that this thing will come out, it was post mk's visit and gp's partially muted convo, sy starts planning everything and takes a leave from work. anyway, it was just a random question about what her point is as mk always says everything with some reason.

I was just trying to think mk's convo was not a threatening one but no matter how I look at it, it either sounds like a threat or makes no sense given how mk has decided to destroy sang su's career even if she decides to somehow hide the 'other' woman's identity as her 'act' of niceness for sy. Or she just wants sy to convince sang su to go back to mk.

Honestly, while writing this comment I realized sy had been subjected to way too much amount of humiliation at her workplace, no wonder she has a twisted mindset.

• Like 1

@Shimmery-summer I agree about MK’s passive aggressiveness and her actions feeling very “fake”.  But yes, I think MK means she won’t be going full blown jealous lover raging at SY and will continue just playing the victim (being “nice”) rather than being the aggressor.  I get the feeling she genuinely thinks that showering people with gifts and attention is okay.  She doesn’t seem to grasp the idea that when she does this, it only makes the other person feel uncomfortable due to the status difference.  It’s almost to the point where she can’t accept that SS can’t “love” her.  She honestly believes that if she tries hard enough, that he will just grow in love for her.  She can’t seem to accept the fact that love can’t be bought or forced.  I do find her duplicitous and her position of power and prestige makes her a dangerous person to be an enemy of.

• Like 1

“Crash Course In Romance” Dominates Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings For 2nd Week

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Jan 29, 2023
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Crash Course in Romance” has continued its reign over the rankings of the week’s most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the second consecutive week, “Crash Course in Romance” took No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Crash Course in Romance” top the list of most buzzworthy dramas, but its leads Jung Kyung Ho and Jeon Do Yeon also held onto their respective spots at No. 1 and No. 2 in the actor rankings, while their co-star Noh Yoon Seo rose to No. 10.

JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” remained No. 2 on the drama list, and its stars Moon Ga Young, Yoo Yeon Seok, and Geum Sae Rok claimed No. 4, No. 5, and No. 8 respectively in the actor rankings.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the third week of January are as follows:

1. tvN “Crash Course in Romance”
  2. JTBC “The Interest of Love”
  3. JTBC “Agency”
  4. SBS “Payback”
  5. KBS2 “Three Bold Siblings”
  6. tvN “Missing: The Other Side 2”
  7. KBS2 “Vengeance of the Bride”
  8. MBC “The Forbidden Marriage
  9. ENA “Strangers Again”
  10. SBS “Trolley”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Jung Kyung Ho (“Crash Course in Romance”)
  2. Jeon Do Yeon (“Crash Course in Romance”)
  3. Lee Bo Young (“Agency”)
  4. Moon Ga Young (“The Interest of Love”)
  5. Yoo Yeon Seok (“The Interest of Love”)
  6. Son Naeun (“Agency”)
  7. Lee Sun Gyun (“Payback”)
  8. Geum Sae Rok (“The Interest of Love”)
  9. Park Ha Na (“Vengeance of the Bride”)
  10. Noh Yoon Seo (“Crash Course in Romance”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564676wpp/crash-course-in-romance-dominates-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings-for-2nd-week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, nrllee said:

@Shimmery-summer I agree about MK’s passive aggressiveness and her actions feeling very “fake”.  But yes, I think MK means she won’t be going full blown jealous lover raging at SY and will continue just playing the victim (being “nice”) rather than being the aggressor.  I get the feeling she genuinely thinks that showering people with gifts and attention is okay.  She doesn’t seem to grasp the idea that when she does this, it only makes the other person feel uncomfortable due to the status difference.  It’s almost to the point where she can’t accept that SS can’t “love” her.  She honestly believes that if she tries hard enough, that he will just grow in love for her.  She can’t seem to accept the fact that love can’t be bought or forced.  I do find her duplicitous and her position of power and prestige makes her a dangerous person to be an enemy of.

Initially I thought MK's special visit to sy and that convo meant she won't harm anyone but then convo's wording was confusing specially when she warns to think twice about him, but then gp also approaches sy, and prolly they hatch a plan or something (they could have slept together, writers are unpredictable), so if there wasn't any significant threat then for both sy and gp to go to such exteme, either it'sa gross miscalculation that they misread mk's intentions, or they are cheap attention seekers, or writers were drunk when they wrote it, or gp and sy did see the threat and upcoming situation. Next episode will clear up some of the stuff.

As of mk genuinely thinking giving gifts etc is fine, I don't know. I remember writing this many episodes back that writers have kept it very vague to guess the true intentions of characters and certain things about mk felt ambiguous. However, whether she thinks it's okay to give gifts or not she actually does believe that she should use money to buy people. I always felt that mk didn't respect the money her dad had earned, she looks down on it due to her bad relationship with him, so she throws it around ruthlessly to buy people, she doesn't have pride to not touch the money given how she hates dad but she defintely is clever to know she should dump it around to her advantage whether it is to buy love from a bf or to manipulate a good looking colleague to keep her away from the person she has called dibs on. Her mom also has same disrespect for the money which she mentions in early episodes like how she wastes boatload of money to take anger out on her husband. But mk's mom is million times better than mk because she never hides her disdain for others or masks her looking down at others attitude by a fake smile like her daughter. 

I remember when show started and I thought mk was kind of a nice person, I started mentioning why she always gives used items as gifts to sy. In the start she gives sy her used necklace, then her used bag, later on her clothes. I remember when sy gets the necklace she doesn't look happy and shoves in the drawer, she then sells the clothes, which means these behaviors are wrong and considered bad in korea even in middle class and here a rich girl is doing it who of all the people should know better how rude it is, then both bday dinners were meant to make a point to sy. Infact when mk gives her clothes it was the same day sy's mom had an accident. Mk doesn't give gifts with genuine intentions, she always has a reason to do and she gives it according to the value she has set for that person in her head. Like we see sy almost always gets her used items, she doesn't even get the painting bought to hang in her washroom, ss is a potential husband so a car for him, as your financial status improves so does the price of gift. Then trying to buy his mom with lowering rent and stuff so that his mom will blackmail him to not breakup.  

On a random note, I remember when mk and sang su were working on contest, so she arrives at office at night just to be with him and sleeps throughout and doesn't do anything, in the morning when ss does all the work he tells her to go back home and freshen up and all and then come back or she will look tired to colleagues, so she says something like, 'no, I won't go back to get fresh, I will stay here to look tired for others to believe I also worked hard on it'. And then stealing project from sy, at first I thought she can't return it to her she doesn't have power, but now if we look at it we realize mk has way too much control over her workplace that returning that project was a small deal. She just had to tell that branch manager once but she makes a constipated face before sy and takes her out to dinner or something to coax her.

I am okay with any kind of ending as long as it isn't ss and mk getting married. The relationship is sickening, if there was no other woman in ss's life and he still wanted to break up, mk would have pulled same sh.t, which is so hard to watch. 

Btw I am sorry I have been bothering you with my replies even though we have different povs, thank you for being so polite and kind to respond.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Btw I am sorry I have been bothering you with my replies even though we have different povs, thank you for being so polite and kind to respond.

Nah.  That’s the fun in watching a drama with others.  There’s always different points of views.  And when you watch with an open mind, you can try to watch it with another lens.  Viewers all come into a drama with biases as well.  Different lenses from their own experiences and backgrounds.  So it makes it more interesting when you have different people expressing different opinions whilst watching the same drama.  That’s just reality.  If everyone came to the same conclusion it would make for a boring watch.  :D

But you have a point about the writers making it hard to understand the characters.  None of them seem “conventional”.  SS and JH are more straightforward characters.  But the female characters SY and MK are very difficult to wrap one’s mind around.  I can’t understand why MK would settle for a loveless marriage.  Unless she’s following the footsteps of her mother.  Her father provides everything for his family but starves them emotionally.  I don’t know why she would cling onto SS like a leech?  He’s already “moved on” from her.  She behaves like he belongs to her?  It’s obsessive to the point of being scary.  SY’s actions are just as unfathomable to me.  Her self destructive behavior makes her very difficult to empathize with.  Especially when it leaves so much collateral damage in the wake.  

• Like 3

I hate this drama so much.  Started watching while visiting Korea. My last night in Korea I was eating 족발 while watching this and got so annoyed that I got the worst indigestion

We all agreed that the actors are doing a great job acting.  
I love 유연석 but his character sucks. I just dislike all the characters.

but I’m invested, so now I have to watch the whole thing.  I wonder what the ending will be. Personally I want everyone to just move on.  Let this be a growing experience and move forward as a better person for all involved.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 1/28/2023 at 6:54 PM, Shimmery-summer said:

I understood guilty part, I feel either it's netflix's poor translation, or some korean cultural thing outsiders don't understand or just pure rubbish dialogue writing. Like I remember the scene outside restaurant when ss tells her mom they have broken up, mk says I was being nice before as it was easier, now I will be a bad person, at first I thought she meant all her behviors post joining office were what she was calling her 'acting' nice but then I realized she prolly means after learning about affair whatever she has done so far is her being nice, now she will go full tilt psycho. Still her lines were quite vague.

I would say that a little bit of this confusion was caused by Netflix translations.  What she said was this:  "I tried my best, okay? I wanted to be a good person, as that felt better" ("felt more comfortable" to be more precise).  "But now I won't be like that.  Even if I have to become a bad person, I'm going to hold on to the love I have".

She didn't mean that she was "acting nice". The subs said it was "easier" but that is quite misleading, as it implies something deliberate.  What she meant was that being nice was what came natural for her.  The "even if" also was carelessly dropped in the translation when they said "I will do whatever it takes, to get the love I deserve".  That raised my eyebrows further.  No, there was no hint of any "whatever it takes" in what she said, and she didn't say anything pompous like "what i deserve" and all that.  In fact, "even if it is painful for me to become bad" is what she meant; not a determined "I will do whatever bad stuff" ...

She only showed how foolishly stubborn she was, in thinking that her one-way romance was sustainable.   Her acting was actually showing her helplessness and frustration.  But the subs made her look like an entitled brat who was lashing out.  She was not acting like that.  I think there were other lines too before, that made MK look worse than what she really is, with careless translations.

This is not the first instance where I have felt that the Netflix translators take unnecessary liberties in changing the Korean lines so  frequently with the mistaken notion that what is said in Korean would not work in English.  Occasionally Korean lines are different (and some words like "good person" in my above translation would indeed look a little odd too) but in a majority of the cases, a straight translation of what was said would be just fine.  I would rather the subbers not mislead us with great looking lines, if they don't capture what is said.  A slightly awkward line that conveys what is said is better in my opinion!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Thanks for clearing that up @jayakris.  That makes more sense.  Because apparently in the novel, MK was a very likeable character (so I am told).  So I was wondering why the drama writers (due to the subbers misinterpreting her intentions with wayward subs) chose to portray her as this sneaky conniving entitled 2FL.  I thought maybe they just wanted to make SY more palatable hence they opted to paint 2FL in a worst light.  I admit from the start, I didn’t like SY.  That incident where she texted SS at the movie to pretend that she couldn’t make it just to see his disappointment was cruel.  She even had a giggle when she saw how sad he looked.  And then toyed with him again by showing up.  It was totally unnecessary and uncalled for - schadenfreude.  She has a mean streak which I don’t like in a character.  And she has shown this time and time again.  By luring men into believing that she’s kind and wonderful before deciding on a whim that it’s all too much for her and it was time for her to kick that sand castle over.  She couldn’t care less about the collateral damage it would bring about.  If I were SS’s mother I would tell him to avoid SY at all costs.  She will only bring him angst and disappointment with her instability and unpredictability.  Her “love” isn’t something you can count on.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jayakris said:

I would say that a little bit of this confusion was caused by Netflix translations.  What she said was this:  "I tried my best, okay? I wanted to be a good person, as that felt better" ("felt more comfortable" to be more precise).  "But now I won't be like that.  Even if I have to become a bad person, I'm going to hold on to the love I have".

She didn't mean that she was "acting nice". The subs said it was "easier" but that is quite misleading, as it implies something deliberate.  She meant was that what came natural to her was to be nice.  The "even if" also was carelessly dropped in the translation when they said "I will do whatever it takes, to get the love I deserve".  That raised my eyebrows further.  No, there was no hint of any "whatever it takes" in what she said, and she didn't say anything pompous like "what i deserve" and all that.  In fact, "even if it is painful for me to become bad" is what she meant; not a determined "I will do whatever bad stuff" ...

She only showed how foolishly stubborn she was in thinking that her one-way romance was sustainable.   Her acting was actually showing her helplessness and frustration.  But the subs made her look like an entitled brat who was lashing out.  She was not acting like that.  I think there were other lines too before, that made MK look worse than what she really is, with careless translations.

This is not the first instance where I have felt that the Netflix translators take unnecessary liberties in changing the Korean lines so  frequently with the mistaken notion that what is said in Korean would not work in English.  Occasionally Korean lines are different (and some words like "good person" in my above translation would indeed look a little odd too) but in a majority of the cases, a straight translation of what was said would be just fine.  I would rather the subbers not mislead us with great looking lines, if they don't capture what is said.  A slightly awkward line that conveys what is said is better in my opinion!

Thanks alot for help and time. The dialogue you explained I actually surprisingly had interpreted it almost the way you have described it because it would have been too much if she would expose herself like this. She uses the word 'nappun' which means bad. It looked like she was saying it was comfortable to be nice and it's hard to be bad something something. But even from your translation she still comes across as an entitled brat who is not ready to hear a 'no' from someone who is miserable in the relationship with her and wants to be out. At the end of the day she's threatening him, because I don't see how there is a positive way to force someone in a relationship with her, infact the thought to force him itself is toxic and bad not harmlessly foolish. I literally imagined sang su or a male character doing this to a female character and coud already imagine the severe backlash in that case. I want sang su to run away to some other part of world even if he has to go to north pole or antartica and live in igloo to escape this clingy ghost like ex. Also her past actions have been there like giving used items etc etc. I just can't with her manipulative character. I dislike sy too, she is a self torture freak and inflicts it on anyone who loves her, but I still find mk more intolerable and can't handle her.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

But even from your translation she still comes across as an entitled brat who is not ready to hear a 'no' from someone who is miserable in the relationship with her and wants to be out.

Yeah, I can't fault you for that, because she is an entitled brat.  She can't shake that basic nature, try hard as she may to think that she is a nice person.  She even tries to be a nice person, but the problem is that she doesn't know that the nice things she does are only making her look even more bratty and inconsiderate to others.   But unlike such characters in other dramas who don't even want to be a nice, this lady actually wants to be good, and perhaps genuinely so.  She just doesn't know how to be truly nice.  Plus, she has a selfish and self-centered streak in her that comes in the way too.  The more she tries to do "nice things", the more they end up as manipulative actions.

But still I like her more than the main lead, who seems good at heart but has way too much of mental baggage (that she herself has made heavy), thinks too much, makes everything complicated, takes poor and impulsive decisions, and leaves everybody around her miserable in the end.

• Like 2

Eh they didn't go through with it, yet another red herring LoL which this drama is an expert at.

Banking must get boring eh LoL? Maybe that's why the staff take so much of their time to pry into other's business etc.. 

Well after a very messy situation caused by Su Yeong with Gyeong Pil her accomplice, Jong Hyeon and Mi Gyeong are finally able to break it off with both Su Yeong, Sang Su respectively. Sang Su especially I felt his pain. Yoon Seok was so good in his scenes LoL.

There's 3 ep. left hopefully Sang Su , Su Yeong can just move on already ahah. Ugh why are relationships in k-dramas so complicated? Jong Hyeon hate to say this but yup u are pathetic and Su Yeong took u in 'cause u probably reminded her of her late bro. Just go to Sun Jae for goodness sakes. His turnaround behavior was shocking when he seemed so mild mannered this whole time.

• Like 2

Saw episode 13 just now.  Not bad, but we keep going round and round...

Just wanted to mention one line translation that caught my eye:  At about 35.20 min into the episode, while outside the HQ building after SY's interview, and after SY asks SS why he was not asking her anything when everybody was badmouthing her, the subs showed she asked him - "how could you be so indifferent to me?" (like she was complaining that he didn't care!)...  That was not what she said.  She said, "how are you able to do this to me even now?" (or "do this with me to this extent?" to be precise) without explicitly saying what she meant by "do" there.  I wish the subbers had left it at that rather than change it and bring in words like "indifference".  There is some beauty and depth in several of such ambiguous (but fairly clear) lines that Korean drama characters speak.  That is sometimes lost in translation.

I think she was overwhelmed by how considerate he was and how much he cared for her, to trust her and not even ask anything.  Maybe that is what they thought the subs would convey, but I don't think it did.  This was a good scene and I thought MGY acted well in showing that she understood the depth of SS' love for her, even when she was frustrated that she can't get him to go away no matter whatever stunts she pulled.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Thanks for that clarification @jayakris.  I was shocked with the English translation as well.  Because love is many things but one thing it isn’t is indifferent.  And we know for a fact that SS is definitely not indifferent to SY.  I thought she was just being her over dramatic self when she said that.  But you cleared that up for us.  Thanks again.

Ep13

I think the assistant bank manager (?) and Noh said it best.

“What’s going on at this bank anyway?  One person pretends as if his mistress is his wife. Another one gets married, has an affair, and becomes an online community star. And now a dirty scandal that got physical?  We need to perform an exorcism or something.” (I concur :lol:)

SY’s father said

“she’s a kind and warm hearted person.  She’d rather get hurt than see others in pain.” (Really?  This is the most incongruous assessment of SY that I have ever heard.  SY is not what I would classify as a kind and warm hearted person.  He obviously hasn’t been watching any of what’s unfolded in the past 12 eps :lol:)

Finally honesty from SS to MK and from SY to JH.  Bursting the bubbles of the pretend love.  Note however how different both “break ups” were.  SS took all the blame - it’s my fault.  SY seemed to want to absolve herself of responsibility?  Or at the very least she wanted JH to take some of the blame?  When he called her a b**** at the end, I thought she deserved it.  ^_^

Last scene where SS shaded SY with an umbrella?  Showed he was willing to be there for her in spite of all that has transpired between them.  Not sure if I am going to be totally on board with this couple.  More so because of SY.  This deep seated inability of hers to feel comfortable in a happy state is like a ticking time bomb.  You never know when she’ll implode.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

SY’s father said

“she’s a kind and warm hearted person.  She’d rather get hurt than see others in pain.” (Really?  This is the most incongruous assessment of SY that I have ever heard.  SY is not what I would classify as a kind and warm hearted person.  He obviously hasn’t been watching any of what’s unfolded in the past 12 eps :lol:)

Oh boy, I rolled my eyes so much that it went out of the socket when I heard the dad say that.  He obviously hasn't watched any of what we have suffered through in 12 episodes, because SY wouldn't let him come anywhere near her to know what a piece of work she is.  She has been nothing short of cruel to her dad and mom.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 13! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“The Interest Of Love” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” has achieved its new personal best in ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the February 1 broadcast of “The Interest of Love” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.536 percent. This is a boost from its previous episode’s rating of 3.3 percent, rising to its highest ratings yet.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565080wpp/the-interest-of-love-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will say that amongst all the relationships portrayed in this drama, the stand out relationship to aspire to is the one between SS and his mother.  Now that’s a healthy relationship.  With set boundaries.  Especially his mom.  Hers is the ideal when it comes to how to relate to your adult child.  She didn’t take sides.  He’s a man who is capable of making his own decisions and live with the consequences.  She never judges him or calls him out for stupid decisions (like when he went out with MK).  She’s there to back him even when he’s not there (see how she stood firm when MK’s mother tried to cut her down to size - she was the hands down winner in that battle).  There was no swearing, no histrionics, no drama.  Just consistent care and concern, a listening ear, wisdom in how gently she offered her advice.  She never stepped in to “help” but trusted him to make hard choices.  Her love is constant.  He is assured of her having his back even if he’s done the dumbest things.  And they can share a laugh with banter.  I loved how she told him he needed facial masks because he looked so worn down (she could clearly see he was in pain and holding back tears, she opted to make him laugh to make him feel better.  I love her.). 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

The talk between SS and MG was handled really well. At some point I felt MG has accepted his explanation why they cannot continue their relationship. MG probably needs time to heal and I wonder if GP will re-kindled his love for her cuz he seems still in love with her..not?

Of the four, JH is the one who's less matured.  Although he thinks he felt betrayed but I do agree with SY, the love he has for her is not really love. Anyway I agree with fellow soompiers who had stated that these are some kind of toxic relationships.

Overall Ep 13 was a good one.  I hope they can find real love in the end, well at least for SS and SY.

• Like 3

Soo Young drives me mad. She is mentally ill, torturing her parents and Sang Soo, showing no character development. What SY says to SS is always vague, abstract, and blank. How the hell SS is drawn to her. Living with someone with a complicated innerthought like SY is truly tiring, and stressful. I love the straightforward conversations between SS and Mikyung, which touches my heart. Somehow, I wish SS comes back to MK.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1