[Current Drama 2024] 7 Escape: War for Survival - 7인의 탈출 - Uhm Ki Joon, Hwang Jung Eum, Lee Joon, Lee Yoo Bi - season 2

Maetawinz

8 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I watch all Dohyuk's scenes but I didnt notice that duck on his head... :lol:

I actually missed that too :w00t:  But it's not a duck, It's a flying unicorn, like those big ones by the pool. And yeah, he 100% put that thing on his head himself. Isn't it crazy how such a silly guy can be so cool?

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Blob 3

I didnt understand why Dohyuk was surprised when he saw the message on the floor of his room.  :unsure:

F7QwfIcasAAyGGP?format=jpg&name=small

My fav scenes from ep 6

- The Dohyuk interrogation scene... 

- Dohyuk and the grapes     :D

F7UChAyXEAAYSo5?format=jpg&name=small

I just love this shot... :wub:

F7Vcnf6bgAAdkN2?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt understand why Dohyuk was surprised when he saw the message on the floor of his room.

Spoiler

Subterfuge? Otherwise what is the point of hiding him being the one working for Matthew Lee?

My favorite scenes generally

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Hope to see more of that.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, agnescz said:

Isn't it crazy how such a silly guy can be so cool?

Dohyuk is the most complex character in the drama...  We saw different sides of him...

He is silly, miserable, pretty cool and boyishly innocent ( the scene by the river with Dami)...

I especially liked his action scenes...:approves:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Dohyuk is the most complex character in the drama...  We saw different sides of him...

He is silly, miserable, pretty cool and boyishly innocent ( the scene by the river with Dami)...

I suspect that it's not really thanks to the writer, but more Joon's doing like in Bulgasal. This writer doesn't seem to do subtle and nuance. I wonder how much space did he get here, in Bulgasal he said about 40% of his lines was him, I think.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngd78413c80bb03e264bba13b371cdd7900c3e177a

I have a question. I have a memory that I am not able to confirm. I remember seeing this scene but with Dohyuk in some preview video, but I cannot find it. I remember checking it was him by the shirt he wears in that daytime pool part. Am I crazy? Is this fight in any promo/preview video that you know of?

e32eeac95ebfd716c60049c94680501f053f9810

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agnescz said:

I have a question. I have a memory that I am not able to confirm. I remember seeing this scene but with Dohyuk in some preview video, but I cannot find it. I remember checking it was him by the shirt he wears in that daytime pool part. Am I crazy? Is this fight in any promo/preview video that you know of?

hmm...I also think I saw that he was in the scene  but I cant find the video...maybe they deleted it...:unsure:

I suspect that it's not really thanks to the writer, but more Joon's doing like in Bulgasal. This writer doesn't seem to do subtle and nuance. I wonder how much space did he get here, in Bulgasal he said about 40% of his lines was him, I think.

Agree totally...

Im pretty sure the playing with the grapes is his ad lib. 

It reminded me of the scene with that fork (Bulgasal)   :D

lee-joon-ok-eul-tae.gif

Dohyuk pulled the strings very cleverly, for now... :approves:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDtN0Lo0o-_M-wg0i0Vdo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0dkUnLU9kszBWwX-vwsj

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

hmm...I also think I saw that he was in the scene  but I cant find the video...maybe they deleted it...:unsure:

It's been driving me crazy for three days and I watched every video I downloaded each of those days (because I expect everything to be deleted), today I opened every 7 Escape video on SBS Catch and finally made it to SBS NOW channel out of pure desperation and opened every video there. Found it!!! Right in the beginning... It is of course the one video I do not have on YT playlist and in my folder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTnqGZwFTp4

Now I remember, SBS has locked videos for including I think, I had a problem to post that...

Im pretty sure the playing with the grapes is his ad lib. 

I definitely agree.

f90867b5b098ff1d6228442187c268134edb6358

It reminded me of the scene with that fork (Bulgasal)   :D

I love the part, where he uses it as a weapon and smiles happily.

Spoiler

9578d6640d8a55069b55743e3639d73c21388dff

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Yoo Bi Talks About Her New Drama “The Escape Of The Seven,” How She Was Cast, And More

Lee Yoo Bi Talks About Her New Drama “The Escape Of The Seven,” How She Was Cast, And More

“The Escape of the Seven” actress Lee Yoo Bi recently posed for GQ Korea!

“The Escape of the Seven” follows the story of seven characters involved in the disappearance of a young girl, who was tangled in a complicated web of lies and ambition. “The Escape of the Seven” is the third joint project by scriptwriter Kim Soon Ok and director Joo Dong Min, who previously worked together on “The Last Empress” and the hit “The Penthouse” series.

In an interview that followed the photo shoot, Lee Yoo Bi was asked how long she has been golfing, and she revealed, “It’s been about a year and a half. I know a lot of people who are really good golfers. I started golfing on a screen driving range during COVID-19 and only went out on the field once. And then I went right into filming ‘Escape of the Seven,’ so I can’t go golfing right now.”

Revealing how she felt going out on the field to play golf, the actress shared, “I felt immersed in nature, walking on the grass, talking to people, enjoying my leisure time. I also love surfing, but I usually do indoor exercises like pilates, swimming and working out at the gym. I think golf is a bit special.”

On whom she wants to go golfing with when “Escape of the Seven” wraps up, she responded, “A person who is good at golf. I think I’d be able to quickly discover the fun of golf if I went with someone who can teach and guide me.”

lee-yoo-bi-gq-korea-2.jpg

lee-yoo-bi-gq-korea-1.jpg

Explaining how she first met the writer and director of her current drama “The Escape of the Seven,” Lee Yoo Bi—who previously made a special appearance in the duo’s hit drama “The Penthouse 3″—recalled, “I really enjoyed watching the first and second seasons of ‘The Penthouse,’ and then I received an offer to make a special appearance in Season 3. I thought, ‘Me? Really? In “The Penthouse”?’ At the time, I was filming the second season of ‘Yumi’s Cells,’ and the atmosphere on the sets of the two dramas was completely different. I was overwhelmed by the intense energy of the set. I think it was my first time seeing such an energetic filming site.”

She went on to reveal that after she filmed her special appearance in “The Penthouse 3,” the director thanked her and promised to contact her again soon. She shared, “After we finished filming, director Joo Dong Min said to me, ‘Yoo Bi, thank you for a job well done. I think I’ll be contacting you next time.’ At the time, I thought it was just a compliment, but he contacted me immediately after ‘The Penthouse’ wrapped up.”

She continued, “I met writer Kim Soon Ok for the first time through ‘The Escape of the Seven.’ She’s a very cute and lively person, and she’s also witty.”

lee-yoo-bi-gq-korea-3.jpg

When asked if she tries to completely transform into a character when she takes on a new role, Lee Yoo Bi replied, “When I was in my twenties, my dream was to become an actress with my own unique color. In previous works like ‘Twenty‘ and ‘Pinocchio,’ I reflected a lot of my own colors. However, as time passed, I started to think that it might also be nice to be seen as a completely different person. I thought that it might even be better that way.”

She continued, “While I was thinking about that, I came across the character of Han Mo Ne (from “The Escape of the Seven”), who is a completely different person from me. She’s a character I can’t understand at all. So I thought it was a great opportunity to completely change myself and try something that I haven’t tried before.”

After noting that it is said that there is no greater praise for an actress playing a villain than the hate she receives from viewers, the interviewer asked Lee Yoo Bi if she was prepared to accept hate for her character in “The Escape of the Seven.” Lee Yoo Bi commented, “I want to hear people say, ‘She’s no joke.’ If I hear people say, ‘She’s something else,’ wouldn’t that mean I did a good job?”

Spoiler

lee-yoo-bi-gq-korea-4.jpg

When asked what lesson she would like to take if life, like golf, had lessons for specific skills, Lee Yoo Bi shared, “I would want to take lessons that would help me be more confident in what I do. As we live our lives, we can become weak and shaken at any time. But I don’t want to lose myself.”

Spoiler

lee-yoo-bi-gq-korea-5.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1617638wpp/lee-yoo-bi-talks-about-her-new-drama-the-escape-of-the-seven-how-she-was-cast-and-more

• Like 2

So we have a missing girl without a dead body and a fire that did not show the body or ashes of the dead mother. A father whose face had changed. 
I am ready for their reappearances. 

Watching the couple in the early scenes, it gave an impression of two naive country bumpkins who were besotted with their adopted child that they did not feel a wee bit sad, even though she was so excited about leaving them. Then it turned out he gave up a professor’s post. She had been working, not to belittle housewives, so had a life of her own. He was almost half out of his mind worrying about her and nothing else.  The mother seemed to get wise halfway and asked the wayward mother the reason for her returning for the daughter. I thought DM was 14 or 15 but she was 18. 

I hope they make the couple the mastermind in avenging their lost adoptee. That should teach the grasping, manipulative woman.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, agnescz said:

It's been driving me crazy for three days and I watched every video I downloaded each of those days (because I expect everything to be deleted), today I opened every 7 Escape video on SBS Catch and finally made it to SBS NOW channel out of pure desperation and opened every video there. Found it!!! Right in the beginning... It is of course the one video I do not have on YT playlist and in my folder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTnqGZwFTp4

I only searched on twitter...:D  yes, that is the scene....  :yay:

14 hours ago, agnescz said:

I love the part, where he uses it as a weapon and smiles happily.

:lol:

those are my fav scenes when Dohyuk's face turns menacing for a moment...:D

5dc9479f719972fc4b70a26dd399fcb76ccb149f

• Like 1

I wonder what was this :D

its the scene when everyone from the hotel party voted to go to the island...

I like the "innocent bunny" ones a lot

I liked the scene with the girl. He looked a little scared...:D

But, the tofu scene...that was so naive...

Oh, I missed the scene... the strong emotions...:approves: its the first time we've seen how hard it is for him...

fec92d8f82561e9c67686f2a912704d4a8e5b501

this made me laugh..  :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

its the scene when everyone from the hotel party voted to go to the island...

I know that, I made those gifs, I mean what was the expression :D What kind of emotion.

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

But, the tofu scene...that was so naive...

Sure, but he was so cute.

I definitely wouldn't mind more of this

756b1e349206e61fa8a6f321ad5e3d671768d40e

• Like 1

Goodness, it’s Mission Impossible and Agatha Christie too. I thought it was like ‘and there were none’. I was right, the boatman was M. Lee the emotional father turned into a cold avenger with a new face and billions of won. 

If DM is alive where has she been hiding for 5 years?

The blood and gore was as much as in The Worst Evil. Just one more, crazy bloody fight at the end.

@Lmangla and @partyon there are abs here too.

A flip which has grandpa and adoptive father fighting for DM, helped by a gangster while the villains are women: birth mother, grandfather’s wife/killer, dishonest school teacher and tenacious celebrity.

Guess the adoptive mother is really dead.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, agnescz said:

I know that, I made those gifs, I mean what was the expression :D What kind of emotion.

I think it was ''I vote first for the island..thats a good decision''... :D:unsure:

Dohyuk...  that was funny...   :D

Dohyuk and Mone only took a sip of water...

• Like 1

20231006101333_kim-so-yeon-the-escape-of“The Penthouse” Star Kim So Yeon Confirmed To Make Special Appearance In “The Escape Of The Seven”

Oct 6, 2023
by M. Lim

Kim So Yeon will be appearing in the drama “The Escape of the Seven”!

“The Escape of the Seven” is a new SBS drama created by the writer and director of the hit “The Penthouse” series. With a star-studded cast including Hwang Jung Eum, Uhm Ki Joon, Lee Joon, Lee Yoo Bi, Shin Eun Kyung, Yoon Jong Hoon, Jo Yoon Hee, and Jo Jae Yoon, “The Escape of the Seven” follows a tale of revenge against seven people involved in the disappearance of a missing girl.

On October 6, STARNEWS reported that Kim So Yeon will be making a cameo appearance in the new drama. In response to the reports, the production team of “The Escape of the Seven” confirmed, “It is true that Kim So Yeon will make a special appearance. Please check the details through the broadcast.”

Kim So Yeon had previously portrayed the lead character Cheon Seo Jin in the hit series “The Penthouse,” which earned her Daesang (Grand Prize) at the 2021 SBS Drama Awards.

The next episode of “The Escape of the Seven” will air next week on October 13 at 10 p.m. KST as the series will take a break this week due to live coverage of the Asian Games.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1618190wpp/the-penthouse-star-kim-so-yeon-confirmed-to-make-special-appearance-in-the-escape-of-the-seven

I kind of expected to hear news about her cameo in this drama and it is alright. It is a special appearence.  But I wish the writer won`t give her another role in her dramas. I can`t watch them.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, maribella said:

If Kim So Yeon came back i n a cameo, it could not be DM or her mother, either would not return for a short time. 

Wonder who could it be?

I am not watching the drama and I don`t know the characters but I think she will appear as a rondom person. Or maybe as Cheon Seo Jin, her character from Penthouse? When do the events in this series take place?

If she will appear as a new character, I wonder with whom she will share a scene.

• Like 3

by lo_ve, October 6, 2023

Kim So Yeon is reuniting with the Penthouse family!

Media outlet Star News reported on October 6 that Kim So Yeon will make a special cameo appearance in the upcoming new episode of The Escape of the Seven: War for Survival.

According to reports, the actress decided to make a surprise appearance through her special relationship with the director and writer of the K-drama. The production team and some actors in The Escape of the Seven: War for Survival have worked with Kim So Yeon in the three seasons of The Penthouse: War in Life. This K-drama also gave Kim So Yeon her first-ever grand prize award. 

Many are already anticipating how Kim So Yeon will reunite on screen with fellow Penthouse colleagues Uhm Ki Joon, Shin Eun Kyung, and Yoon Jong Hoon in her cameo appearance in The Escape of the Seven: War for Survival. 

There are no official details on the special character that will be portrayed by Kim So Yeon. 

The Escape of the Seven: War for Survival is a revenge K-drama that showcases the struggles and survival instincts of seven people who got involved in the disappearance of a girl. 

The K-drama is the latest work of director Joo Dong Min and writer Kim Soon Ok. It is led by Uhm Ki Joon, Hwang Jung Eum, Lee Joon, Lee Yoo Bi, Shin Eun Kyung, and Yoon Jong Hoon.

The sixth episode of the K-drama will premiere on October 6 at 10:00 PM KST. It can be viewed on SBS and OTT platform sites such as Amazon Prime Video, Viki, and Wavve.

d0wmJ5_2f.jpg

In 2023, Kim So Yeon led the K-drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 with Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, Ryu Kyung Soo, Kim Yong Ji, and Hwang Hee. She also made a special appearance in the SBS K-drama Taxi Driver Season 2 led by Lee Je Hoon.

Fans are anticipating the next acting project of Kim So Yeon. The actress hasn't confirmed anything for her next work. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-so-yeon-to-make-a-special-appearance-in-the-escape-of-the-seven-war-for-survival

I think Kim So yeon, Lee Ji ah and Eugene will appear as cameos one by one in this drama.

• Like 2