[Current Drama 2024] 7 Escape: War for Survival - 7인의 탈출 - Uhm Ki Joon, Hwang Jung Eum, Lee Joon, Lee Yoo Bi - season 2

Maetawinz

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

Bold Crazy Prediction: Dami has amnesia and is now assosiated herself with K. Remember when one of the thugs saw Dami's ghost on Jeju hotel elevator? Remember in the first episode, where we see a girl on the balcony at the hotel under a red moon? We never found out who that was. 

How did she become so powerful? The girl who craved her birth mum’s love?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, maribella said:

How did she become so powerful? The girl who craved her birth mum’s love?

She's not powerful. K just replaced Monet with Dami as his girlfriend. If she has amnesia then Dami wouldn't know anything about her past and K would easily manipulate her.   

This is how you can bring her back. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

58 minutes ago, kboramint said:

She's not powerful. K just replaced Monet with Dami as his girlfriend. If she has amnesia then Dami wouldn't know anything about her past and K would easily manipulate her.   

This is how you can bring her back. 

:unsure: possible. But I think the poor girl is dead. 

If they took ideas from Agatha Christie, then K would be one of those who had been in the episodes all along.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, maribella said:

:unsure: possible. But I think the poor girl is dead. 

If they took ideas from Agatha Christie, then K would be one of those who had been in the episodes all along.

I think the girl appearing in Episode 1 on the balcony under the red moon, and the girl going up the hotel elavator in episode 5 were more then just hullicinations. I think they were hints that Dami is alive. Why would a random thug have a hullicination of Dami going up the elevator? Why was the girl on balcony under the red moon never referenced or seen again?  

It is possible that K was there all along. It's possible that K could had been at that Jeju hotel with Dami. After all, he did know that Chairman Bang was still alive and knows that Matthew Lee is really Dami's adopted father. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

KimSoYeon still cuts for SBS drama TheEscapeOfTheSeven.

Looks like Cheon Seo-Jin has reincarnated to get a second chance with a reincarnated Ha Yeon-Cheol.

Seriously though, I hope Lee Ji-Ah makes a cameo. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Kim So-yeon makes a special appearance in ‘Escape of the Seven’… ‘Penthouse’ reunites with ex-husband Yoon Jong-hoon

20231019001043329_1.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon makes a special appearance in ‘Escape of the Seven.’ On the 19th, the SBS Friday-Saturday drama ‘Escape of the Seven’ released a still photo announcing Kim So-yeon’s special appearance.

In the last broadcast, Matthew Lee (Eom Ki-jun) decided to take advantage of the villains' plan. He succeeded in getting Bang Chil-seong (Lee Deok-hwa) out of prison on behalf of Lee Hwi-so (Min Young-ki), but a variable arose.

Bang Chil-seong remembered the document on the redevelopment area that ‘K’ had given him in the past and the words he had said to him, so he turned to the Gagok district. As Bang Chil-seong guessed, the white bones of Bang Da-mi (Jeong Ra-el) were there. Bang Chil-seong chooses death to complete Matthew Lee's revenge. And the warning letter from ‘K’, who knew that Matthew Lee was Lee Hwi-so, made people curious about the battle that would unfold in the future.

Meanwhile, Kim So-yeon, who played the hard-carried role of Cheon Seo-jin, a ‘rare villainess’ in the ‘Penthouse’ series, makes a special appearance, igniting expectations for her. The intense aura in the released photo is unusual. Yoon Jong-hoon, who played the role of Ha Yun-cheol, the first love of Oh Yoon-hee (Eujin) and the ex-husband of Cheon Seo-jin (Kim So-yeon), in the previous work. The sight of the two people reunited in a completely different atmosphere further stimulates curiosity. Kim So-yeon is expected to make a strong impact as Ryu Hong-joo, the star of Cherry Entertainment, whose representative is Yang Jin-mo (Yoon Jong-hoon).

Kim So-yeon said, “It was great to meet the staff who worked with me on ‘Penthouse’ and actor Yoon Jong-hoon for the first time in a long time, and I had fun filming. “I hope viewers will enjoy watching it,” she said.

In this week's 9th and 10th broadcasts, the villains face an unprecedented crisis. The production team said, “In earnest, the ‘condemner’ Matthew Lee, the villains, and ‘K’, the hidden mastermind, will play an exciting game of counterattacks and counterattacks in an overturned game of revenge. “You will be able to feel the essence of ‘Kim Soon-ok’s’ picaresque revenge drama with an unprecedented twist that defies predictions at every moment,” he said. “Please also look forward to the performance of Kim So-yeon, who overwhelmed the atmosphere with just her appearance.”

Episode 9 of ‘Escape of the Seven’ will be aired at 10 PM on the 20th, and is intended for audiences 19 years of age or older.
  • Like 2

“The Penthouse” Star Kim So Yeon Makes Cameo As Actress Of Yoon Jong Hoon’s Agency In “The Escape Of The Seven”

“The Penthouse” Star Kim So Yeon Makes Cameo As Actress Of Yoon Jong Hoon’s Agency In “The Escape Of The Seven”

SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven” has teased an exciting cameo from “The Penthouse” star Kim So Yeon!

Starring Uhm Ki JoonHwang Jung EumLee JoonLee Yoo BiShin Eun KyungYoon Jong HoonJo Yoon Hee, and Jo Jae Yoon, “The Escape of the Seven” follows the story of seven characters involved in the disappearance of a young girl, who was tangled in a complicated web of lies and ambition. “The Escape of the Seven” is the third joint project by scriptwriter Kim Soon Ok and director Joo Dong Min who previously worked together on “The Last Empress” and the hit “The Penthouse” series.

Spoilers

Previously, Matthew Lee (Uhm Ki Joon) used the plot set by the villains against them. Although they succeeded in helping Bang Chil Sung (Lee Deok Hwa), who was staying in prison in place of Lee Hwi So (Min Young Ki), escape, an unexpected variable occurred. Bang Chil Sung recalled his memories of “K,” going to visit the Gagok urban development district. There, he discovered Bang Da Mi’s (Jung Lael’s) skeleton.

The newly released stills preview Kim So Yeon’s cameo. In “The Penthouse,” Yoon Jong Hoon played Cheon Seo Jin’s (Km So Yeon’s) ex-husband Ha Yoon Chul who was also Oh Yoon Hee’s (Eugene’s) first love. Viewers are excited to see the two reuniting in “The Escape of the Seven” amidst a completely different atmosphere.

In her upcoming transformation, Kim So Yeon will play Cherry Entertainment’s star actress Ryu Hong Joo. Yang Jin Mo, Yoon Jong Hoon’s character, plays the role of the CEO of Cherry Entertainment, raising curiosity for what kind of relationship the two will share.

kim-so-yeon-.jpegyoon-jong-hoon-.jpeg

Kim So Yeon shared, “I filmed enjoyably, and it felt so welcoming to see the staff I worked together on ‘The Penthouse’ with as well as actor Yoon Jong Hoon for the first time in a long while,” adding that she had been tuning into “The Escape of the Seven” every week. The production team also asked viewers to anticipate Kim So Yeon’s upcoming performance.

The next episode of “The Escape of the Seven” will premiere on October 20 at 10 p.m. KST and be rated 19+.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1620709wpp/the-penthouse-star-kim-so-yeon-makes-cameo-as-actress-of-yoon-jong-hoons-agency-in-the-escape-of-the-seven

• Like 2

Does anyone else think Monet and Jin-Mo's last ecounter with Dami contradicts Guem Lu-Hei's last encounter with Dami? When did Lu-Hei's memory happen? Did it happen after Monet struck Dami with a rock and JinMo carried her off somewhere? They wouldn't have tooken her to Lu-Hei because neither of them were aware that Dami was her daughter at that time. The timetable doesn't make sense.   

• Like 1

The introduction of a new villain, Sim Jun Seok (aka K), no doubt has shaken everyone up, including the trio of good guys Matthew Lee, Kang Ki Tak and Min Do Hyuk.

That luckless classmate of Mone and Da Mi, Song Ji A, likely also dead after she dared to come after K by telling his father (Chairman Sim). Brainless really. 

This episode 9 is a filler, unlike the intensity charged Ep 7 & 8.

• Like 2

Dami was killed 5 years ago. I thought so because Chairman Bang talked to ‘her’. At least he had redeemed himself before dying.

I thought the acting is great from all but Matthew Lee. Perhaps it’s his character and not the actor? DM’s adoptive parents were supposed to be urbanites who gave up promotion and work to bring her up in the country. But they dressed like country hicks ( saw a lot in dailies) and are naive - another stereotype. K kidnapped Lee, the father, and staged him killing her, he even did not resist when a gun was placed in his hand and the trigger pulled. Was he drugged? Or was he tortured that he could walk by himself but could not recognise a gun? Then he was hysterical at the scene when Chairman was killed. I really did not like that. He had prepared for 5 years to take down his daughter’s killers,  killed many on the island and he was crying, wailing and just would not stop. I can understand having remnants of the old character but even the old character was odd, unlikely.

I think I’ll be watching more incongruity. 

Where is the lady detective? The summary shows a woman. A butt kicking lady cop among three female murderers, I like that. 

I don’t see the need for JA if they are going to kill her off  before carrying out her blackmail.

On 10/20/2023 at 7:31 AM, kboramint said:

Also, if you look at Guem Lu-Hei's memory scene, there is a chair and rope. Did Lu-Hei tie her up (similar to when Dante and Seo-Jin tied up Seol-A to a chair?)? Dami was then carried off by some figure we can't see. 

From Matthew Lee’s memory,

the guy who head the Letters something group, I think he was the first to die on the island, was there.He must have tied her because there were only the two of them. When she refused to stop streaming, GLH ordered the guy to kill her if necessary. She was carried away  unconscious twice, I think K was the one who took her last and dumped her into the well.

Before dying DM was whacked on the head by MN, hit with a rod, ordered to be killed by her mother and finally watched as her father pulled the trigger - albeit unconsciously.

Okay, the teacher, the doctor, and the police commissioner have become the comic relief villian characters. Remember in Penthouse, we had the actress that plays the doctor now and the corrupted lawyer couple? This is this drama's version of that.  

• Like 1

Are you kidding me? They killed off Ji-A? I know they didn't show her face, and it could be someone else but it doesn't look good. She was my last hope for a female character in this drama to be a good guy. 

-----

Wait a sec...

Matthew did say "Dami died thinking her dad betrayed him." So, why not have Dami come back alive thinking that he did betray him.

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 9! :).

“My Dearest” Part 2 Breaks Into Double-Digit Ratings

“My Dearest” Part 2 Breaks Into Double-Digit Ratings

Meanwhile, SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven,” which airs in the same time slot as “My Dearest,” earned an average nationwide rating of 6.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1621086wpp/my-dearest-part-2-breaks-into-double-digit-ratings

• Like 1