larus

In Marie Claire interview, Kim So yeon mentioned about Gumiho drama

Kim So-yeon moving forward

Marie Claire May issue pictorial and interview with actress Kim So-yeon

Kim So-yeon is her fear accepting her as a part of herself

Carefully towards her new challenge

She is taking it one step at a time.

mck_6272275c5c663-scaled.jpg

Do you have any memories of the shooting site that come to mind today? Well… I do not know. Actually, I'm preparing for the 2nd season of the drama <Gumiho>, so I'm trying to empty myself a lot. The character ‘Ryu Hong-ju’ that I play in this work is one of the mountain gods who rule the Korean Peninsula. After all, she's not a casual person. So I'm afraid that even the slightest resemblance to the character's eyes or tone of voice will come out. When I was acting as Cheon Seo-jin, I was acting with the intention of showing everything, so I think the burden on the next project is greater.

So far, all of the works chosen by actress Kim So-yeon felt like they were in touch with reality. From that point of view,

< Gumiho> seems to be an unexpected choice for her. I never expected to receive an offer to appear in the fantasy genre (laughs). I really like anime as well as comic books. After I finished <Penthouse>, I was offered the role of <Gumiho>. At first, there were factors to worry about, but I wondered if it was now or when would I be able to meet such an attractive character.

What were you worried about? I was worried if I would enter the work and create a sense of alienation or awkwardness. When I read the script, I thought that I could do well. I had a script reading a while ago, and thanks to everyone working together in the last season, the atmosphere was very warm. I was grateful that I could be part of it.

What kind of homework does Ryu Hong-ju pose as an actor? When I appeared in <Penthouse>, I thought that I wanted to make my acting a little bit unique. When the director first met, he asked me to research how to express the lines in a different way. That story stuck in my mind. Thanks to that, I was able to act with an open mind. I am also looking forward to being able to show various aspects of myself as an actor in <Gumiho 2>.

The older I get, the more I want to choose the familiar rather than the new. <Gumiho2> is definitely a challenge for me too. I am deeply grateful that this opportunity has come to me. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to use the word challenge. So I think I've been trying to challenge myself with more courage these days. There's no time to be afraid. Now I think I can have faith in myself. In the past, there were times when I hesitated to make a choice because of my insecurity. I thought a lot about whether I could do well or if I could do well and help the people I work with. But now, I think it will definitely be fun to do this work. My perspective on art has changed a bit. It may change again someday, but these days, I always want to try new things. There are so many things that can't be done without now. I try to treat each day with respect and make a choice.

As an actor, what season do you think you are going through now? Late spring It's just today's season. My new challenge has begun, and I want to do work that will be a challenge in the future. Right before the filming of <Gumiho>, it seems like you are standing in line at the entrance of the amusement park. I can't wait to see how much fun you'll have in it.

https://www.marieclairekorea.com/celebrity/2022/05/kim-so-yeon-2/

• Like 2

A visitor said he went to the Hapcheon Movie Theme Park today but it was closed because of drama Tale of The Nine tailed:1938 was filming. He said he saw someone who looks like Kim Bum, but is sad he couldn't see clearly.

• Like 1

Actress Kim Jung Nan updated an Instagram picture from the first shooting for Tale of The Nine tailed 1938. She will reprise the role of Taluipa.

The first shooting of Gumiho. It feels like yesterday since I came here to film a gaksital.. 10 years have passed.. #Gumihodell 1938 #Hapcheon Video Theme Park

FTrvikmaAAEH8cD?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeAlTrqlLGm/

Spoiler

The filming location for a long time. The weather is very good~

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdpS0QUr4BK/

• Like 1

Pictures from the set of drama Tale of The Nine Tailed 1938.

I like that they placed the events in the beginning of 20th century.

FTsPVQKaQAA-U22?format=jpg&name=medium

FTsPPJ_aAAApy2_?format=jpg&name=medium

FTsPPKJagAEsXxN?format=jpg&name=medium

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=dongwook&no=43202

• Like 1

Lee Dong-wook, let's go home...End of a long business trip

BF.30134217.1.jpg

BF.30134216.1.jpg

BF.30134218.1.jpg

n the 27th, Lee Dong-wook posted a photo on his Instagram with the caption, "End of business trip of 15 nights and 17 days~ Let's go home... ㅠㅠ". In the published photo, Lee Dong-wook posed for a pose while waving excitedly on his way home from work after filming.

Meanwhile, Lee Dong-wook is looking for home fans as Lee Yeon in the new drama 'Gumiho 1938'.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/topic/article/2022052761314

• Like 1

Singer and actress Na-hyeon (real name Kim Na-hyun) will join Season 2 of 'Gumiho'.

113709083.2.png

As a result of Dong-a.com coverage, Na-hyun will appear in tvN's new drama 'Gumiho 1938' in the role of Orchid, a gisaeng in a restaurant run by Ryu Hong-joo (Kim So-yeon).

On the morning of the 31st, the agency announced, "Nahyun, who was a member of the girl group Sonamoo and signed a contract with IMH Entertainment, the agency of singer Hong Jin-young, was cast in the tvN drama 'Gumiho 1938'."

'Gumiho 1938' is an action action drama played by Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), a nine-tailed fox who crash-landed in an era of chaos in 1938. The original worldview, dynamic action, and characters in the colorful fairy tales woven through indigenous gods and native ghosts will be drawn.

In the play, Na-hyun takes on the role of a gisaeng orchid, an example of Myoyeon-gak, a top-class restaurant in Gyeongseong, run by Ryu Hong-joo (Kim So-yeon), and is expected to reveal an attractive appearance while embodying the image of a person of the times.

Orchid is a strong-willed, outgoing person who has a deep sense of loyalty and is united by camaraderie, and Nahyeon is expected to show viewers a different charm in this drama.

A representative of the agency IMH Entertainment said, "After being cast, she has been immersed in the orchid character and has a busy schedule, such as studying acting in search of information about the words and tone of the 1930s."

Nahyeon said through her agency, “As soon as I started working at the new agency, I was cast in her best work, and it is an infinite honor and good fortune. The support and support from Hong Jin-young, the representative of her agency, is a great strength. She said, "I will repay those who have supported me with my best efforts in the future with good results."

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=323101

https://sports.donga.com/home/article/all/20220531/113709044/2

7 hours ago, tinsaohan said:

I love the casts. I think it was what make the film success

I think more than the cast, the script is what makes a drama succesful. If the writing is not good, no matter the cast, it won`t be a satisfying watch. But in the end, there is a combination of all the elements: production, PD, writer, actors.

I like that they start to announce the casting. I hope we`ll hear about other characters,

Coffee truck from Im Soo Jung to the set of Tale of The Nine Tailed 1938 to suport Lee Dong wook and Kim Bum.

Top banner: "Actor Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum's 'Lee Yeon & Lee Rang' brothers are coming back ❤ Sending my cheers of happiness and anticipation! - From Im Soo Jung"

Side banner: "I wish that all actors and staff of TOTNT1938 may finish the filming safely!"

source

NEW EVENT!  

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa  

Vote NOW!  :piggydance:

Chingus, love them or hate them! You can’t ignore them. :coolshades:

K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, webtoons and web-novels are making a big splash in the entertainment industry. Vote for your favourite K-Dramas and let us know the ones you absolutely hated.

re:  Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

The Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 was filming at Hwangmaesan mountain today. A hiker saw actors dressed up as Japanese soldiers standing in a row. It seems that they will be filming at the mountain until the 15th .

source

• Like 1