[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Kim Bum IG Updates...I think this is the luxury boutique.

It is luxurious and elegant. I will like to see the fashion and interior design of the 1938 time in this drama. It takes you into the atmosphere of the beginning of the 20th century.

• Like 1

Lee Dong Wook, Kim So yeon and Kim Bum will be promoting their show at tvN variety show Amazing Saturday, ep 262.

You Tube video promo

They are in their characters clothes. :D Dong Wook and Kim Bum are natural with variety shows (especially Dong Wook). So yeon doesn`t like to be in this type of shows. She only likes to watch them. They knew she can`t dance but they put her to dance. But I am looking forward to watch this episode. It is the first time.

I am disappointed in her wordrobe`s choice. It doesn`t happen often but this time  I hate the skirt`s choice. So uncomfortable.

• Like 2

Can I have a promo scene of Hong Joo and the young girl protégé?

So yeon used to work with child actress Joo Ye Rim in KBS2 drama Mother of Mine (2019).

Behind the scene picture

46dfb7472663795bb925c3d6c4f450208443923f

• Like 1

12 hours ago, larus said:

It is not an alternative universe unless there is that theory of time travel that could be possible but only with parallel timelines. Time travel theory is difficult and if we use logic we`ll discover many paradoxes. This drama is fantasy with fantastic characters, gods, mythical creatures, superpowers. The writer could make a simple explanation and we should accept that narative. It is a fantastic world anyway.

In the teaser, Lee Yeon asked himself if the past changes, the future can change too.  I believe it will change. I did not saw the first season but I don`t think Lee Rang was in love in the other version of himself. He was bitter when he met Lee yeon in modern times, reconciled with his brother and died to save Lee Yeon. This time there is a chance to find love, to show a tender part of his personality. I say, there are enough changes already.

True, it’s better to accept whatever the writer comes up with. A lot of season 1’s problems were instigated by Rang’s initial antagonism towards Yeon, and without that Jo Boah’s character probably wouldn’t have found her parents again, which was a big plot point. I wouldn’t mind viewing season 2 as just another show entirely! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, panappuru said:

True, it’s better to accept whatever the writer comes up with. A lot of season 1’s problems were instigated by Rang’s initial antagonism towards Yeon, and without that Jo Boah’s character probably wouldn’t have found her parents again, which was a big plot point. I wouldn’t mind viewing season 2 as just another show entirely! 

It is easier for the writer to come up with a time travel story because it is a fantasy genre but her narative has to have a logic. I believe this season will change some events from season 1. If Lee Rang`s antagonism had an effect in finding Ji Ah`s parents (were they important to the story?) it is possible for her to not find them this time the way it has happened in season 1. 

Another change. Lee Yeon came to the past and find Lee Rang and took him to Gyeongseong (Old Seoul). Lee Rang (from season 1) did not have that opportiunity, he has continued to be in a gang with the bandits (he was the leader of the gang). Also, I believe he did not had a love to protect in season 1. It could mean that he had a tragic love story or he did not find love at all. This time maybe he met the mermaid because of this little change. We don`t know how the future will change with all the characters` visit into the past but there will be changes. If the writer will want to show the audience the events from season 1 again, it could be a different drama. :D  Maybe the major events will be the same but it will be different.

My question (my curiousity) is whether Lee Rang will be able to live in the other alternative of the future. Is there another way to kill the imoogi? If Lee Rang will die again in the future, at least his quality of life will be better for 100 years. But not always the changes will be good. What is good for one character might be bad for others.

• Like 1

MBTI seen through The Tale of a Gumiho 

T brother vs F younger brother & Revenge plan

Even the former mountain god!

Extremely polar character MBTI Guess in the comments

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrpPyEWsf6y/

According to MBTI test, Hong Joo and Mu Young `s personality type are polar opposite in how they live their outer life.

627bfbbd995486103f7110a4f74f41e3c1a2b44a

But I see Taluipa and her husband are the opposite as well but they are married. I guess sometime opposites attract. :D

Hong Joo: I am going to look at his handsome face first and think about it (the revenge). :w00t:

She is hilarious. She could be dangerous because she likes to act first and then think, is spontaneous, impulsive but Lee Yeon can handle her if he is smart. I think it is all about play with her. If he will say `I won`t play anymore, do what you want/kill me if you want`, she won`t kill/hurt him. She likes the challenges.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, larus said:

It is easier for the writer to come up with a time travel story because it is a fantasy genre but her narative has to have a logic. I believe this season will change some events from season 1. If Lee Rang`s antagonism had an effect in finding Ji Ah`s parents (were they important to the story?) it is possible for her to not find them this time the way it has happened in season 1. 

Another change. Lee Yeon came to the past and find Lee Rang and took him to Gyeongseong (Old Seoul). Lee Rang (from season 1) did not have that opportiunity, he has continued to be in a gang with the bandits (he was the leader of the gang). Also, I believe he did not had a love to protect in season 1. It could mean that he had a tragic love story or he did not find love at all. This time maybe he met the mermaid because of this little change. We don`t know how the future will change with all the characters` visit into the past but there will be changes. If the writer will want to show the audience the events from season 1 again, it could be a different drama. :D  Maybe the major events will be the same but it will be different.

My question (my curiousity) is whether Lee Rang will be able to live in the other alternative of the future. Is there another way to kill the imoogi? If Lee Rang will die again in the future, at least his quality of life will be better for 100 years. But not always the changes will be good. What is good for one character might be bad for others.

Wahh I’m happy to discuss this and am so curious where season 2 will go (though I don’t think season 2 will actually answer any of these questions). :D 

Season 1 Boah’s character gets involved with Yeon because he saved her when she was little but her parents disappeared, and she’s been looking for her parents ever since/looking for Yeon. They end up on an island after Boah discovered Yeon’s identity as a fox and on that island Rang managed to spill Boah’s blood to awaken Imoogi as a way to antagonize Yeon. I guess if season 2 results in Rang being nice to his brother, then season 1 events could be changed… maybe Imoogi could be involved in another way.

Another trouble with Rang is that he was indebted to an evil human and because of this was tasked to kill Yeon, and this debt I believe (based on costuming) would have happened before 1938/season 2 events. I wonder if Yeon would try to break that debt earlier for Rang? (He broke it for Rang in season 1.) 

I’m guessing Rang would still die in the future somehow because his reincarnation was already shown at the end, but it’s true his quality of life would be better at least!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, panappuru said:

Another trouble with Rang is that he was indebted to an evil human and because of this was tasked to kill Yeon, and this debt I believe (based on costuming) would have happened before 1938/season 2 events. I wonder if Yeon would try to break that debt earlier for Rang? (He broke it for Rang in season 1.) 

I also love the discussions we have.

Probably that`s why they thought of doing a 3rd season further in time. And to show more about the mountain god period of Lee Yeon.

The PD said about the intentions of coming back to 1938. He said: "That era is, of course, the era in which Lee Yeon owes the most." “Lee-yeon struggles to return to the present age where her beloved Nam Ji-ah is. In the process, he will realize his debt and pay off his debt to the people around him and Joseon.”

I am so glad that he said that. This is exactly what I want to see. I did not watch the first season but I read about it and I read some comments. There was one comment that caught my attention. She said that Lee Yeon was selfish and many people had to die for him and his lover to be happy. I don't want to diminish the importance of love in the life of Lee Yeon (he deserved happiness) but he was not human, he was a mountain god. He had responsabilities. Frankly, I was dissapointed to read that he gave up being a mountain god just to search for a reincarneted lover. That sounds romantic in the human world but in reality is not a noble gesture. It was a failure. Imagine the consequences of ruining the balance in nature (creatures and humans).  And he did not even searched for his troubled brother. At least Lee Yeon redeemed himself when he sacrificed his life to kill imoogi. That was a gesture worth of a mountain god. And later he became human like he wanted.

I have a problem with former mountains gods.  What are the excuses of the other two? Why they gave up being mountain gods? It was not a simple job to quit when you like.  I imagine it is worst for Hong Joo and Mu Young. Their reasons must be pathetic. :crazy:

Of course, the dramas have a simplistic storylines. It is OK. But I am glad that they try to adress in this season that there is debt for people and country. 

• Like 1

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' Why is it 1938?... A dangerous mission that fell to Lee Dong-wook

202305010911221830_l.jpg

According to tvN on the 1st, tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938', which will be broadcast for the first time on the 6th, is a K-fantasy action action drama in which Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), a 'gumiho' who made an emergency landing in the chaotic era of 1938, unfolds to return to the modern age. . It returns after three years with more dynamic action, expanded scale, and characters from colorful tales in an original world view that exquisitely weaves indigenous gods and native monsters.

The trustworthy reunion between director Kang Shin-hyo and writer Han Woo-ri, who showed the essence of 'K-fantasy', makes drama fans even more excited. The intense synergy that actors such as Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, Kim Bum, and Ryu Kyung-soo will show off is expected to be a point of observation that cannot be missed.

The reason why Gumiho Lee Yeon's comeback is all the more welcome is because of the completely different stage of the story. Yi-yeon makes an emergency landing in 1938 to carry out a mission that has suddenly fallen. In an era of chaos, Lee Yeon is in danger of losing precious things as he gets entangled with unexpected ties.

While the new look stimulates curiosity, Director Kang directly answered the two keywords '1938' and 'Release' that make us look forward to the first broadcast to come.

Director Kang said, "It was a pity to part with the characters who had grown well in the previous season, but I was so happy to be able to meet viewers again through a good opportunity."

202305010911524179_l.jpg

202305010916192410_3.jpg

He said, “I thought about which part of Lee Yeon’s past, present, and future to show. If I dealt with Yiyeon's love and siblings earlier, I wanted to show an expanded Yiyeon as a mountain god this time. Therefore, it was decided to send Lee Yeon to a time when he was most neglectful of his duties as a mountain god in Joseon, and also during a time when there were people who needed his help the most.”

Director Kang said, 'Wouldn't it be a difficult world to live in in those days, not only humans, but also mountain gods, native gods, and even monsters?' While revealing that it had begun, he raised curiosity by saying, “That era is, of course, the era in which Lee Yeon owes the most.”

What will Lee Yeon do in 1938, the age of chaos? Regarding this, director Kang said, “Lee Yeon struggles to return to the present age where her beloved Nam Ji-ah is. In the process, he will realize his debt and pay off his debt to the people around him and Joseon,” he explained.

Director Kang said, “More mountain gods, indigenous gods, and even monsters from other countries that ravage this land will appear. We will show much richer action and various narratives,” raising expectations.

https://www.fnnews.com/news/202305010907511311

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202305010916192410

• Like 2

The Tale of a Gumiho 1938> Production Presentation Online Streaming Guide✔ 5/3 (Wed) 2pm!

On May 3rd will be the press conference, the preview screening. Lee Dong Wook, Kim So yeon, Kim Bum, Ryu Kyung Soo and PD Kang Shin Hyo will attend.

Audio mixing for #TaleOfTheNineTailed1938 was just completed this morning.

The music director said:

Just finished the 12th episode of The Tale of a Gumiho 1938 Mix. I thought episode 16 of season 1 would be difficult, but this time, even though it was episode 12, it was actually more difficult. seems to have done Today, actor Lee Dong-wook came to the final mix and gave strength to the staff. I even got an autograph from the fans ㅋ Finally, this Saturday night at 9:20 on tvn, we will be broadcasting for the first time. You will be full of new feelings and energy. Thank you for watching!! #The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938 #Lee Dong-wook #Kim Bum #Kim So-yeon #Ryu Kyung-soo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrrGcpESzxL/

A new preview for Amazing Saturday next episode

[Preview] The lovely but bloody Gumihoz are back! Dong-wook Lee X So-yeon Kim X Beom Kim are all appearing, but if you don't see it~?

Kim Bun has Lee Rang`s ax? :D

12 New K-Dramas To Add To Your Watch List In May

May 1, 2023
by D. Kim
20230501132549_may-dramas.jpg?s=900x600&

May has arrived, and so have various new K-dramas to bring excitement to you this month!

These are some new K-dramas that are set to premiere over the next few weeks:

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”

tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938.jpeg

Cast: Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, Ryu Kyung Soo, Hwang Hee, Kim Yong Ji, Nahyun, Kim Joo Young, Jo Dal Hwan, Woo Hyun Jin, Kim Seung Hwa, Kang Na Eon, Han Geon Yoo, etc.

Premiere Date: May 6

Broadcast Details: Saturdays and Sundays at 9:20 p.m. KST

The first season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, told the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he gets swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938 in the new season. “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583893wpp/12-new-k-dramas-to-add-to-your-watch-list-in-may

• Like 1

Spoiler

“Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Director Explains Reasoning Behind Season 2 Plot + Teases Lee Dong Wook’s New Storyline

“Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Director Explains Reasoning Behind Season 2 Plot + Teases Lee Dong Wook’s New Storyline

Lee Dong Wook will be starting a new hunt in the upcoming season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed”!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938 in Season 2. “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

Ahead of the premiere, director Kang Shin Hyo discussed the new season, Lee Dong Wook’s character, and more. He shared, “It felt regretful to part ways with the characters we developed well in the previous season, so I’m really happy to be able to greet viewers again with this good opportunity.”

Lee-Dong-Wook-1.jpeg

On the upcoming season’s premise, Kang Shin Hyo explained, “I debated which we should show between Yi Yeon’s past, present, and future. If we dealt with Yi Yeon’s love and brother previously, this time we wanted to show the expansion of Yi Yeon as a mountain god. That’s why we decided to send him to the time period when he most neglected his duties as a mountain god and the time period with the people who needed his help the most.”

He revealed that the Season 2 story arose from questions about what mountain god Yi Yeon would have been doing in this era, where humans and even mountain gods, native gods, monsters were all having a hard time. The director added, “Of all eras, that era happened to be the one in which Yi Yeon was the most indebted.”

Lee-Dong-Wook-2.jpegLee-Dong-Wook-3.jpeg

With regards to the mission Yi Yeon will have to undertake in the year 1938, Kang Shin Hyo commented, “Yi Yeon fights to the death in order to return to present day where his love Nam Ji Ah is. In that journey, he will realize his debt and return after paying it off to Joseon and the characters around him.”

Finally, Kang Shin Hyo shared, “Even more mountain gods, native gods, and foreign monsters ravaging the land will appear. We will showcase much more action and diverse stories.”

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will begin airing on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584031wpp/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-director-explains-reasoning-behind-season-2-plot-teases-lee-dong-wooks-new-storyline

• Like 1

Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, Ryu Kyung-soo, where are the oaths to keep? ‘Black Flower’ (The Tale of a Gumiho 1938)

image_readtop_2023_336409_16829917815453

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, and Ryu Kyung-soo take over the home with chemistry that is nowhere in the world.

tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed 1938' (director Kang Shin-hyo, screenplay Han Woo-ri) announced on the 2nd that a very special relationship between the three mountain gods Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-woon), Ryu Hong-ju (Kim So-yeon), and Chun Moo-young (Ryu Kyung-soo) steel was revealed. It stimulates curiosity about what history will be hidden between those who have been since childhood.

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ is a K-fantasy action action drama in which Lee Yeon, a ‘nine-tailed fox’ who made an emergency landing in the chaotic era of 1938, returns to the modern age. It returns after three years with more dynamic action, expanded scale, and characters from colorful tales in an original world view that exquisitely weaves indigenous gods and native monsters. The reunion of director Kang Shin-hyo and writer Han Woo-ri, who showed the true value of 'K-Fantasy', is a point that thrills drama fans. Expectations are also focused on the meeting of famous actors such as Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, Kim Bum, and Ryu Kyung-soo.

In particular, the synergy of 'Sanshin', including Lee Yeon, is drawing keen attention, foretelling that Ryu Hong-ju, a mountain god in the west, and Moo-young Cheon, a mountain god in the north, who were hidden in the veil last season, will play a part in the story. In the meantime, the released photos show their long narrative at a glance and add to the curiosity. The first thing that catches my eye is the image of a very distant past, when he was a child. As if gathering hearts to think of each other, the hands placed together are small but firm. Even after becoming adults, the three of them are still together. Lee Yeon, who is reading aloud even though he has a bored face, and Ryu Hong-ju, who is watching the two of them. It doesn't look like a bright child, but it shows a deeper trust and friendship.

But the mood in 1938 is completely turned upside down. It is not friendly friends who greet Lee Yeon, who has made an emergency landing in the modern age. Ryu Hong-ju, who draws a sword with changed eyes, and Cheon Moo-yeong, who holds a bow rather than a book, suggest that there was an unusual incident in their relationship. At one point, “Let’s swear, we! The three said that they would protect each other no matter what. Now, curiosity is amplified as to what secret is hidden in the reason why they set each other as targets and targets.

Director Kang Shin-hyo, who previously emphasized that “a fantasy actor must be seen as a person without the help of making,” expressed his excitement over the newly joined Kim So-yeon and Ryu Kyung-soo, saying, “It seems that I have won a thousand horses.” He continued, “The cast and synchro rate are so good. Every scene where Lee Yeon, Ryu Hong-joo, and Chun Moo-young met gave a lot of tension and laughter. If I can make it again, I want to make sure I meet Lee Yeon early,” he added, raising expectations for the synergy of the three actors.

Lee Dong-wook also pointed out the ‘narrative of mountain gods’ as a point to watch. Regarding Kim So-yeon and Ryu Kyung-soo, he said, “They all have very good personalities. The acting was great too. All I had to do was react hard.”

Kim So-yeon said of Lee Dong-wook, “He was like a pillar at the filming site. I was so happy to be together, and thanks to that, I was able to enjoy filming.” “Actor Ryu Kyung-soo has a mature side, and he is also very good at acting, so I relied on him a lot. I learned a lot from the two actors, and I want to say thank you.”

Ryu Kyung-soo also expressed his affection, saying, "All of them are seniors, and they adjusted it so that I could act comfortably." He said, “Actor Lee Dong-wook worked very hard to take care of the new people this season, and I was so grateful for leading me. Thanks to that, he was able to act comfortably.” Regarding Kim So-yeon, “There is so much energy that it is a great help in terms of acting just by exchanging breath together. Thanks to her usual positive and kind energy, my mood has improved,” he said, drawing attention.

tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' will be broadcast for the first time at 9:20 pm on Saturday, the 6th.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/05/336409/

I am surprised hat they knew each other since childhood.

• Like 1

Lee Dong Wook, Ryu Kyung Soo, And Kim So Yeon Praise Each Other’s Acting In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

20230502084650_Ryu-Kyung-Soo-Lee-Dong-Wo

May 2, 2023
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has shared a look at the main characters’ past!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

The newly released teaser previews at a glance the special chemistry between the three mountain deities Yi Yeon, Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon), and Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo), who were close from a young age. The three young friends as children put their hands and hearts together, and even as adults, Yi Yeon, Ryu Hong Joo, and Cheon Moo Young remain together as close friends. Despite looking bored as Cheon Moo Young reads his books, Yi Yeon stays by his side, and Ryu Hong Joo looks upon the two with a fond smile. Although they’re not as young and carefree as they were when they were children, their bond and trust remain as strong as ever.

tale-of-the-nine-tailed-2.jpegtale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-So-Yeon-2.jpeg

However, the atmosphere takes a stark turn in 1938, and the people who greet Yi Yeon are no longer his friends. Ryu Hong Joo wields a blade with a fierce gaze, while Cheon Moo Young aims his bow and arrow, making viewers curious to find out how and why their relationship has changed.

Spoiler

Lee-Dong-Wook-.jpeg

Kim-So-Yeon.jpeg

Ryu-Kyung-Soo.jpeg

Regarding the addition of Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo as cast members for the upcoming season, director Kang Shin Hyo shared, “It feels like we’ve gained an army supporting us.” The director added, “The synchronization [of the actors] and their roles is really great. Every scene where Yi Yeon, Ryu Hong Joo, and Cheon Moo Young gathered together delivered staggering tension and laughter. If I could make [the story] again, I would want to make them encounter Yi Yeon early on.”

Lee Dong Wook also picked the narrative that the mountain deities have as a point to look out for in the story. Regarding his co-stars, Lee Dong Wook shared, “They are all people with great dispositions. Their acting is also outstanding. It was to the extent that I just had to react well [to their acting].”

Regarding Lee Dong Wook on set, Kim So Yeon remarked, “He was like a pillar on set. I was so happy to work together with him, and I was able to film enjoyably thanks to him.” She added, “Actor Ryu Kyung Soo has a mature side, and I relied on him a lot because he is also great at acting. I learned a lot from the two actors, and I want to convey my gratitude.”

Ryu Kyung Soo shared, “They’re both acting seniors to me, but I couldn’t have asked for more because they matched [my acting] so that I could act comfortably.” He continued, “I was grateful to Lee Dong Wook because he went to great efforts to take care of and lead the people who were newly introduced this season. I was able to act comfortably thanks to him.” In regards to Kim So Yeon, Ryu Kyung Soo shared, “She has incredible energy to the point that just exchanging [lines] with her was a great help to my acting. I even felt better thanks to her positive and friendly energy.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1584105wpp/lee-dong-wook-ryu-kyung-soo-and-kim-so-yeon-praise-each-others-acting-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, May 2, 2023
2 1

The release date of Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 is soon approaching, and the excitement is palpable. To tease the fans further, tvN has unveiled stills, featuring Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, and Ryu Kyung Soo, and the intriguing dynamic they share on-screen.

The pics released by the production team reveal the trio's long-standing relationship at a glance. One eye-catching still is their childhood photo from a distant past where they solemnly promise to protect each other forever. 

60vm20_2f.png

Even after becoming adults, the three stick together. Cheon Mu Young is seen absorbed in reading a book, Lee Yeon sits bored, while Ryu Hong Ju (Kim So Yeon) - dressed in a beautiful Hanbok which accentuates her striking visuals - watches them both with a warm gaze, making their deep trust and friendship evident. 

qYWBAQ_2f.png

2wo87d_2f.png

However, the circumstances are no longer the same when Lee Yeon (of the present day) travels back in time to 1938. Ryu Hong Ju points her sword and Cheon Mu Young aims at a target with his bow with an unwavering gaze, hint at the broken bond of friendship the trio once shared. 

Spoiler

RBjxkP_2f.png

Xd2lgw_2f.png

jQqO28_2f.png

The changed circumstances beg the question, "What happened between them that strained their relationship".

Regarding Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo joining the cast, director Kang Shin Hyo expressed his excitement by Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo joining the cast, director Kang Shin Hyo expressed his excitement saying, "It feels like I've won a thousand horses." He further added, "Their roles and synchronization are so good. Every scene where Lee Yeon, Ryu Hong Joo, and Cheon Moo Young met was filled with tension and laughter. If I could do it again, I would make sure to introduce Lee Yeon early".

Whereas, Lee Dong Wook praised his co-stars, Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo, saying, "They both have such good personalities, and their acting was excellent. All I had to do was react strongly."

On working with Lee Dong Wook and Ryu Kyung Soo, Kim So Yeon commented, "He (Lee Dong Wook) was like a pillar on the set. I was so happy to work with him, and thanks to that, I was able to enjoy filming." "Actor Ryu Kyung Soo has a mature side, and he is also very good at acting, so I relied on him a lot. I learned a lot from both actors and I want to thank them for that".

Ryu Kyung Soo expressed his appreciation for his senior cast members, saying, "They are all seniors, so it was perfect because they helped me adjust so that I could act comfortably." He further commented, "I was so grateful that actor Lee Dong Wook worked very hard to take care of the newcomers this season and led them. Thanks to that, I was able to act without difficulty." Regarding Kim So Yeon, "There is so much energy that just being with her is a great help in terms of acting. Thanks to her usual positive and kind energy, my spirits have lifted".

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 premieres on May 6. It will be available to stream on Prime Video. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-dong-wook-kim-so-yeon-and-ryu-kyung-soo-were-once-bffs-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

• Like 2

'New acting variation for each work' Lee Dong-wook, tvN 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' also raises expectations

2023050214081200003d3244b4fed18217218513

Actor Lee Dong-wook presents a new acting variation for each work. On the 2nd, the agency said, “Lee Dong-wook will make a comeback to the home theater with tvN’s new Saturday drama ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’” and “Looking forward to another story that Lee Dong-wook, who has been active in dramas, movies and variety shows, will write as Lee Yeon the Gumiho. is rising to the fullest,” he said.

Lee Dong-wook stood in front of the public with a fresh appearance, constantly changing in his recent works.

In tvN's 'Touch Your Heart' and the movie 'Happy New Year', he was heavily armed with romanticism and filled 200% of the excitement of many people. On the other hand, in OCN's 'Strangers from Hell', he was disassembled into an unprecedented villain, giving a sense of coolness and tension of the past, and surprising many people.

In addition, in tvN's 'Bad and Crazy', Lee Dong-wook showed dynamic acting variations in one work to the extent that the drama genre was evaluated as 'Lee Dong-wook'. Not only did it give a sense of exhilaration with life-oriented action, but it also delicately piled up the growth phase of a character with a double personality who cherished pain.

Lee Dong-wook, who has built such a wide acting spectrum, meets viewers again with the new story of Lee Yeon, a nine-tailed fox.

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ is a K-fantasy action action drama about Lee Yeon, a nine-tailed fox who made an emergency landing in 1938 in an era of chaos to return to the modern age. Lee Dong-wook will play an active role in leading the play in a larger scale and more colorful action than the previous season. In particular, everyone's attention is focused on Lee Yeon's dramatic and exhilarating story that Lee Dong-wook will draw in a changed era.

Meanwhile, tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' will be broadcast for the first time at 9:20 pm on the 6th.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202305020278

• Like 1