[Drama 2022] Again My Life, 어게인 마이 라이프

larus

The first time I watched LJK was in The King and the Clown or something like that. He played a cross dresser who caught the eye of the king. I thought he was so pretty. Every I watch him, if the FL is not as pretty, it was really distracting. So I could not watch that very popular show with IU. She's pretty but not as pretty as he is.

Arang and tye magistrate was good and the actress had a beautiful smile. Likewise, Flower of evil had a pretty actress Moon X X.

This show is great because there are three women who could end up with him. But the romance part is downplayed. So I am not distracted. He is also very clever in his second life.

Pairing seems to veer towards the Chaebol. I prefer the reporter, she's very pretty and fiesty.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Pairing seems to veer towards the Chaebol. I prefer the reporter, she's very pretty and fiesty.

Spoiler

if following the original source (novel), he will end up (aka married) with Hee A.

But since the webtoon version omitted the romance part, and i read one article said drama version might have different ending with novel and webtoon, everything is possible 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, lydliem said:
  Reveal hidden contents

if following the original source (novel), he will end up (aka married) with Hee A.

But since the webtoon version omitted the romance part, and i read one article said drama version might have different ending with novel and webtoon, everything is possible 

They could make it into a real fantasy show. Make him happily married, with kids and also be a hot-shot prosecutor general.  That would be just great.   My choice is still the reporter. 

The prosecutor ends up with her sidekick, the chaebol will be a good Cho Tae Sub. She uses her money to support good candidates. 

Yes @lydliem who knows, sometimes writers delight in ruining our shows with reality at the end but has no problems in using time travel or old folklore for a storyline. Just two more episodes.

• Like 2

Again My Life: Episodes 13-14

by DaebakGrits

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/AgainMyLife13-14_00.jpg

So far, our hero has only faced minor inconveniences and setbacks in his quest for revenge, but he’s getting too close to his arch nemesis and can no longer continue flying under the radar. As our bad guy begins to question his motives, some of our hero’s carefully constructed alliances begin to crumble.

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

This week’s opening fight scene was entertaining, but it comes as no surprise that it was not the final showdown between Hee-woo and Tae-sub’s hitman. They duke it out, and while Hee-woo’s extra training has clearly paid off, he still manages to be shocked that the unscrupulous hired killer would use cheap tricks and throw dirt in his eyes as a means of gaining the upper hand. Thankfully, the sound of police sirens in the distance scares our hitman away before he gets the chance to kill Seung-hyuk or Hee-woo (again

Following the encounter, Hee-woo cleverly meets with Tae-sub and preemptively reveals that he’s the one who fought off the hitman. He lies that he’d followed Seung-hyuk to try and convince him and Gyu-ri to drop the case against JQ Construction, but then the hitman showed up. After rescuing Seung-hyuk, Hee-woo claims he’s convinced his colleagues to stop their investigation, but now, he wonders aloud, “Should I pursue the monster that attacked Seung-hyuk… or should I leave the monster alone?” It’s a subtle way of Hee-woo saying he suspects that the hitman was sent by Tae-sub and is deferring to Tae-sub for how he should proceed.

Tae-sub is impressed with Hee-woo’s intelligence and likes that he doesn’t whine or beg like the other people who align themselves with him, but he also finds it suspicious that Hee-woo never asks for anything in return. Someone as young and talented as Hee-woo should have ambition, and the absence of it prompts Tae-sub to dig deeper into Hee-woo’s background. He instructs his people to find someone within the prosecutor’s office who can keep a subtle eye on Hee-woo. That someone is Min-soo, but more on that later.

Hee-woo may have told Tae-sub that Gyu-ri and her team have dropped the JQ Construction case, but that doesn’t mean Hee-woo has abandoned his quest to bring down Seok-hoon. He only publicly placed it on the back burner. Behind the scenes, Hee-woo has Jin-yong stoke the political fires, but Jin-yong fears Hee-woo may have crossed a line when he discovers that Hee-woo’s intent was to position Jin-yong to be the next in line as leader of his political party. At the same time, Hee-woo and Sang-man team up with Hee-ah, who has been buying up JQ Construction stock under her bodyguard’s name.

Seok-hoon is appointed the next prosecutor general, and on the day of his confirmation hearing, Seok-kyu simultaneously holds a press conference and announces an investigation into JQ Construction’s wrongdoings. At Seok-hoon’s hearing, Jin-yong receives a notification on his phone, and he interrupts to tell everyone to tune into the breaking news report concerning the JQ Construction investigation.

As expected, Seok-hoon’s reputation takes a dive because of his family’s crimes, but it’s not completely irreparable — not yet, at least. Tae-sub advises Seok-hoon to arrest his own son (to demonstrate he will uphold the law even if his own family members are the criminals) and to shift the public’s attention to another scandal involving one of Jin-yong’s political rivals, which — consequently and according to Hee-woo’s plan — sets Jin-yong to be the next leader of his political party.

And Tae-sub’s scheme might have worked… had Hee-woo’s allies not systemically exposed Seok-hoon’s corruption and ties to various crimes. Han-mi even held a press conference and announced that she is Seok-hoon’s illegitimate daughter. His public image hits rock bottom, and there’s no way of recovering from it. So when Hee-woo sits across from Seok-hoon in the interrogation room, lays out the evidence against him, and reveals that he is Han-mi’s friend — the one who rescued her all those years ago — Seok-hoon resigns himself to his fate and confesses to his crimes.

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2022/05/again-my-life-episodes-13-14/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, maribella said:

They could make it into a real fantasy show. Make him happily married, with kids and also be a hot-shot prosecutor general.  That would be just great.   My choice is still the reporter. 

The prosecutor ends up with her sidekick, the chaebol will be a good Cho Tae Sub. She uses her money to support good candidates. 

Yes @lydliem who knows, sometimes writers delight in ruining our shows with reality at the end but has no problems in using time travel or old folklore for a storyline. Just two more episodes.

the time travel part only at the beginning.

beside since it based on novel i dont think the writer can deviate too much from original source. the novel itself already well loved by korean so if they will make the change, it will be minor. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2022 at 1:50 AM, lydliem said:

there is no chemistry between Hee woo and Hee A on screen, and  I don't get how Hee A 's character is supposed to be a "genius"...

There is only two more episodes and so much to cover. I think  it's best to leave romance out of this ...

However, my preference is the reporter too.

• Like 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Joon Gi Covers PSY And BTS’ Suga’s “That That” To Fulfill “Again My Life” Ratings Promise

Lee Joon Gi kept his promise to the viewers of his current drama “Again My Life”!

“Again My Life” is a drama about a talented prosecutor who gets a second chance at justice after failing to bring down a powerful individual. Lee Joon Gi stars as Kim Hee Woo, a passionate prosecutor who was unjustly killed while investigating a corrupt politician, but who unexpectedly travels back 15 years into the past after getting a second chance at life.

On May 26, Lee Joon Gi shared a clip of his skillful dance moves on his Instagram account. In the caption, he states that he is belatedly keeping his ratings promise. Previously, the actor promised to dance if the viewership ratings of “Again My Life” exceeded 10 percent, and indeed, the drama surpassed the number.

Lee Joon Gi also wrote, “Actually, I should have put it into practice a few weeks ago, but I made an excuse that I was too busy. I apologize for not being able to live up to your great love and support. And thank you so much. Please watch prosecutor Kim Hee Woo’s final story to the very end of this week’s last episode.” He added that he was wondering what dance he should cover and decided to go with the much-requested PSY and BTS Suga‘s “That That.”

Check out his dance cover on SBS’s official channel below!

“Again My Life” will come to an end on May 28.

Watch: Lee Joon Gi Covers PSY And BTS’ Suga’s “That That” To Fulfill “Again My Life” Ratings Promise | Soompi

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

Lee Joon Gi Goes On The Offensive To Take Down Evil In “Again My Life”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 27, 2022
by S. Nam

SBS’s “Again My Life” shared new stills of Lee Joon Gi!

“Again My Life” is a drama about a talented prosecutor who gets a second chance at justice after failing to bring down a powerful individual. Lee Joon Gi stars as Kim Hee Woo, a passionate prosecutor who was unjustly killed while investigating a corrupt politician but who unexpectedly travels back 15 years into the past after getting a second chance at life.

Spoilers

Previously, Kim Hee Woo made efforts to take down Jo Tae Seob’s inner circle, causing a tense neck-and-neck race to land the upper hand after Kim Hee Woo brought down Jang Il Hyun (Kim Hyung Muk) and Kim Seok Hoon (Choi Kwang Il).

Lee-Joon-Gi-7.jpeg

The newly released stills preview a fierce Kim Hee Woo getting ready to go on the offensive to take down Jo Tae Seob (Lee Kyung Young) after capturing his aides Kim Jin Woo (Kim Young Hoon) and Park Dae Ho (Hyun Bong Sik). Kim Hee Woo has a confident and leisurely gaze as he looks at Kim Jin Woo, revealing how he has become stronger and more resolute on the inside. The upcoming episode will make tensions rise with unexpected twists and turns during the confrontations.

Spoiler

Lee-Joon-Gi-6.jpeg

Lee-Joon-Gi-5.jpeg

The next episode of “Again My Life” will air on May 27 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1528182wpp/lee-joon-gi-goes-on-the-offensive-to-take-down-evil-in-again-my-life

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 Warning Signs That Lee Joon Gi Missed In Episodes 13-14 Of “Again My Life”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 27, 2022
by shalini

It’s crazy to think that “Again My Life” is almost at an end! The show’s pace has never flagged thus far as Kim Hee Woo (Lee Joon Gi) doggedly chases after Jo Tae Seob (Lee Kyung Young) via manipulating the political and judicial circles around him. This week, Hee Woo centers in on Tae Seob’s candidate for Prosecutor General who also happens to be Hee Woo’s boss: Kim Seok Hoon (Choi Kwang Il). Our hero spreads himself thin to launch a flurry of attacks to hit Seok Hoon on every side. But while he’s preoccupied, Tae Seob’s digging deep into the mysterious rival who keeps thwarting his plans. And his next moves could upend 15 years of Hee Woo’s work in one fell swoop.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 13-14 below.

1. Kim Seok Hoon is confirmed as the main candidate for Prosecutor General

choi-kwang-il.png

The first sign that things aren’t going in Hee Woo’s favor is Seok Hoon’s nomination to Prosecutor General. Hee Woo’s goal was to tear down the man before things even got this far, but Tae Seob doesn’t act the way Hee Woo thought he would and refuses to abandon Seok Hoon. Worse, the mysterious Dr. K (Hyun Woo Sung) almost kills one of Hee Woo’s junior prosecutor allies. Hee Woo is forced to ask his friends to step back from directly fighting to keep them safe, and he has to prepare numerous smaller attacks to throw at Seok Hoon in the hopes of getting something to stick and for Tae Seob to abandon him. The tactic works but not without Hee Woo having to make use of every single one of his connections and all the cunning he possesses. Seok Hoon is sent spiraling to the ground, especially when Han Mi (Kim Jae Kyung), his illegitimate daughter, holds a nationwide press conference to drive the final nail into his coffin. Tae Seob tosses Seok Hoon away and nominates his rival for Prosecutor General instead. And yet, Hee Woo hasn’t won. While he was consumed by this battle of wits, Tae Seob honed in on the one man who can go toe-to-toe with him.

2. Lee Min Soo’s betrayal

jung-sang-hoon.png

The thing with allies is that they’re people. And people always want something. So when Tae Seob gives Lee Min Soo (Jung Sang Hoon) a chance to tear down the man behind his father’s wrongful imprisonment in return for turning on Hee Woo, Min Soo readily agrees. To his credit, he isn’t underhanded about it and announces what he’s doing and why he’s doing it to Hee Woo. He even agrees to work with Hee Woo to bring Seok Hoon down on one last mission as partners. But in the snap of a finger, Hee Woo’s lost an ally and the only one who could stand against him at that. It’s a huge blow because if Hee Woo had given Min Soo his father’s enemy on a plate, Tae Seob wouldn’t have had any leverage to use against Min Soo. Hee Woo could have secured Min Soo’s loyalty that way. Yet, enemies abound. And Hee Woo was so busy chasing after all the heads of the hydra that he missed the one sneaking around behind his friends. Worse, unknown to him, it’s still lurking there.

3. Kim Hee Ah’s solo plans

It is bewildering as to why this show consistently has Hee Ah working on her own instead of with Hee Woo. Our hero is neck deep in a scheme that has Park Sang Man (Ji Chan) as the CEO of a high profile investment company, hoping to purchase the same construction company that Tae Seob is after.

Hee Woo grows worried when it appears that they aren’t the only investors aiming for control over the company. A mysterious third-party investor is buying up shares as fast as they are. It’s only when Sang Man hacks into the mystery investor that they find that it’s Hee Ah’s right-hand man. A relieved Hee Woo visits her. They discuss joining hands, and all seems well. But what’s telling here is that Hee Woo didn’t predict such a move from Hee Ah, and the two of them could have been at loggerheads if Sang Man hadn’t done a bit of hacking. This warning sign should have alerted Hee Woo to the fact that some of his allies aren’t confiding in him and that could make risky maneuvers that threaten his plans. Alas, Hee Woo doesn’t heed the danger, and it isn’t long before another blow hits him in the gut from someone he could never have imagined.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1521736wpp/5-warning-signs-that-lee-joon-gi-missed-in-episodes-13-14-of-again-my-life

• Like 4

I cannot imagine how HW is going to bring down CTS in one episode, reveal Director Han's identity and fall in love at the same time. There are even flashbacks of earlier scenes when there is little time to conclude the story, yes get CTS. Oh yes, then there is MS' betrayal,  or is it pretend? 

I am pessimistic about The finale. Expecting many loose ends.

• Like 2

Lee Joon Gi, Kim Ji Eun, Kim Jae Kyung, And Jung Sang Hoon Share Closing Remarks Ahead Of “Again My Life” Finale

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 27, 2022
by S. Cho

Lee Joon Gi, Kim Ji Eun, Kim Jae Kyung, and Jung Sang Hoon have shared their closing remarks on “Again My Life”!

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Again My Life” is about a talented prosecutor who gets a second chance at justice after failing to bring down a powerful individual.

Lee Joon Gi stars as Kim Hee Woo, a passionate prosecutor who was unjustly killed while investigating a corrupt politician but who unexpectedly travels back 15 years into the past after getting a second chance at life. Regarding the drama’s end, Lee Joon Gi shared, “I honestly can’t believe it. [While we were filming,] I was really nervous and we had to make sure nobody got hurt.”

He continued, “All of a sudden, it’s regretfully the last day. I sincerely thank you for giving us a lot of strength and support so that we can gain strength and work diligently to finish up well. Thanks to you all, I think we were able to wrap up enjoyably until the end. I will try to greet you next time with another cool image. Please be happy and healthy.”

Lee-Joon-Gi1.jpeg

Kim Ji Eun stars as Kim Hee Ah, a genius and the youngest daughter of Cheonha Group’s CEO. The actress shared, “Thank you for watching and loving ‘Again My Life’ until now. If there comes a period in your life where you want to try again, I hope you will seek out our drama and receive hope and comfort. That’s what kind of drama it was to me and these are moments I’m happy and proud to have been a part of. I will greet you again with a different kind of good acting.”

Kim-Ji-Eun.jpeg

Rainbow’s Kim Jae Kyung plays Kim Han Mi, whose status as a child born out of wedlock leads her to spend her grade school years with a twisted view of the world. However, she’s able to overcome this struggle and become an honest and just reporter. She shared, “Since the set was always so much fun, the finale is even more regretful. I think I’ll remember the happy atmosphere on set for a long time.”

Kim Jae Kyung added, “I’m extremely grateful for director Han Chul Soo and all the staff members, who made sure I was able to act enjoyably and comfortably, as well as Lee Joon Gi, who always energetically lifted the atmosphere on set, despite having the most difficult schedule. I am so happy because there are so many things I learned through ‘Again My Life.’ Thank you for loving us up until now.”

Spoiler

Kim-Jae-Kyung.jpeg

Jung Sang Hoon portrayed Lee Min Soo, an unknown variable in Hee Woo’s life but a confusingly brilliant professional student. He commented, “It was an honor to participate in such a good project and I think all that honor goes to director Han Chul Soo and actor Lee Joon Gi, who played Hee Woo. As they did their best for each and every scene, I think the role of Min Soo was also able to shine, so I thank them. Thank you to everyone who loved ‘Again My Life’ all this time.”

Spoiler

Jung-Sang-Hoon1.jpeg

SBS’s “Again My Life” will air its finale on May 28 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1524582wpp/lee-joon-gi-kim-ji-eun-kim-jae-kyung-and-jung-sang-hoon-share-closing-remarks-ahead-of-again-my-life-finale

• Like 3

10 hours ago, maribella said:

I cannot imagine how HW is going to bring down CTS in one episode, reveal Director Han's identity and fall in love at the same time. There are even flashbacks of earlier scenes when there is little time to conclude the story, yes get CTS. Oh yes, then there is MS' betrayal,  or is it pretend? 

I am pessimistic about The finale. Expecting many loose ends.

I am feeling the same, this should be  20 episodes considering  there are that many characters... or a 2 hour final episode.

Nevertheless, still enjoy AML

On 5/26/2022 at 6:03 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

Lee Joon Gi Covers PSY And BTS’ Suga’s “That That” To Fulfill “Again My Life” Ratings Promise

:evilelmo:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

42 minutes ago, Tuiwgn said:

I am feeling the same, this should be  20 episodes considering  there are that many characters... or a 2 hour final episode.

the drama started off a bit slow in the first 2 eps, so agree with you that an 18 or a 20 ep drama would be enough to have a happy ending for everyone! now there's a story about the brother and secretary han that need to be addressed. does the brother recover fm the memory loss? probably not, as he is working for the senator. what will he do when he finds out the truth? and there seems to have a story about the aide!

am shocked to see that heewoo would go and declare war on CTS after he has just finished setting up a plan with that lady jung! truly hope things will make sense in the final ep as ep15 seems rushed and odd!

dont understand the kdrama production. they have been producing drama for so many years and sure they would hear comments fm viewers about their endings. many good drama started off good but had a poor, non-sensible ending!

• Like 2

“Again My Life” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Ratings Yet

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 28, 2022
by E. Cha

With just one episode left in its run, SBS’s “Again My Life” has soared to a new all-time high!

On May 27, the fantasy revenge drama starring Lee Joon Gi achieved its highest viewership ratings to date ahead of its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the penultimate episode of “Again My Life” scored an average nationwide rating of 12.0 percent, marking a new personal record for the hit show.

Not only did “Again My Life” take first place in its time slot across all channels, but it was also the most-watched miniseries of the entire week (from May 20 to 27). The drama was also the most-watched program of any kind to air on Friday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 4.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1528348wpp/again-my-life-heads-into-finale-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2022] Again My Life, 어게인 마이 라이프

The first half of the last episode was very rushed and CTS eventually fell from the top after his right-hand man committed suicide early on and HJH turned against him. Worse still, the ending was quite anti-climatic as they never even showed CTS's death. It was also different from the ending in the webtoon, where HJH and CTS eventually ended up dead. It was a more satisfying ending I feel.

The last 5 minutes of the serial had all the bad guys who were all released (KSH, JIH, etc) now serving a new master (Chairwoman of Jewang Group) and KHW looking down from the top of the building at them, suggesting that even with CTS's "death", corruption and all that never stopped. These scenes were not even necessary.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

The first half of the last episode was very rushed and CTS eventually fell from the top after his right-hand man committed suicide early on and HJH turned against him. Worse still, the ending was quite anti-climatic as they never even showed CTS's death. It was also different from the ending in the webtoon, where HJH and CTS eventually ended up dead. It was a more satisfying ending I feel.

The last 5 minutes of the serial had all the bad guys who were all released (KSH, JIH, etc) now serving a new master (Chairwoman of Jewang Group) and KHW looking down from the top of the building at them, suggesting that even with CTS's "death", corruption and all that never stopped. These scenes were not even necessary.

I agree, it was anticlimatic. It was also a depressing pessimistic ending. No matter how HW and assemblyman Hwang try, the crooked and corrupt will still weasel out in droves. CTS committed suicide. 

It also said that big businesses will always control the country. I believe it's more symbiotic in Korea and many developed countries. You scratch my back and I scratch yours. Well, it is a kdrama scene.

The gathering of avengers and SM's recovery... :hwaiting2: so funny.

The final dating announcement also seem rushed and as an afterthought. The last time they met had shown a businesslike dealing only. I think it was to tally with the webtoon ending.  

• Like 3