[Drama 2022] Again My Life, 어게인 마이 라이프

larus

Here is the ratings for the last episode! :).

SBS’s “Again My Life” has come to an end!

On May 28, the fantasy revenge drama starring Lee Joon Gi ended its successful run on strong viewership ratings. According to Nielsen Korea, the series finale of “Again My Life” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.5 percent. “Again My Life” was also the No. 1 most-watched program of any kind among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 4.5 percent.

“Again My Life” Ends On No. 1 Ratings As “My Liberation Notes” Gears Up For Finale | Soompi

• Like 3

Looks like a weak ending... and choppy editing somehow... i didnt realise i forgot to watch ep14until isaw ep15 but just continue with it...

Just finish watching it... the ending wasnt as satisfying...the last promotion on Bali was kinda cute but yeah, i wish they have resolve the issue of the two other women who liked Wee Hoo... and Chairman's Kim HeeAh bodyguard was cute too!:lol:

The ending CTS only killed himself?... such a bad ending.. and the issue of WH given a 2nd life wasnt really fully explored... sigh... 

On 5/25/2022 at 7:43 AM, lydliem said:

the time travel part only at the beginning.

beside since it based on novel i dont think the writer can deviate too much from original source. the novel itself already well loved by korean so if they will make the change, it will be minor. 

It was from a novel...didnt realise it... could have chnage some parts...but i guess filming was affected somehow after LJK was infected with Covid. 

• Like 3

On 5/29/2022 at 2:10 AM, maribella said:

I agree, it was anticlimatic. It was also a depressing pessimistic ending. No matter how HW and assemblyman Hwang try, the crooked and corrupt will still weasel out in droves. CTS committed suicide. 

It also said that big businesses will always control the country. I believe it's more symbiotic in Korea and many developed countries. You scratch my back and I scratch yours. Well, it is a kdrama scene.

Precisely! The recent daily dramas (Second Husband & Love Twist) we watched have better ending than this honestly! This one is totally crap and really one of the weakest endings I watched for a mini-series; despite strong episodes all the way until episode 14. Episodes 15 & 16 really have rushed things and I was very disappointed.

Beyond Evil, Stranger, and Signal remain as the mini-series with great endings and storylines that were well-written. Although Signal has an open ending, it wraps up the other plot lines nicely. Even SBS's Taxi Driver last year was so much better in terms of ending, even though it also leaves the story open for a second season!

There are better ways to leave it open for Season 1 than what "Again My Life" served us on Saturday night really!

Again My Life: Episodes 15-16 (Final)

by DaebakGrits

AgainMyLife15-16_00.jpg

Opinions on Again My Life are polarized, but no matter which side you’re on, you’ve probably been eagerly anticipating the conclusion. Well, the end is here, and our time traveling lawyer finally confronts our main bad guy.

EPISODES 15-16 WEECAP

Imagine watching a chess match, but instead of the competitors moving the chess pieces on the board, they’re verbally calling out their moves to one another. That’s what the last few weeks of Again My Life have felt like to me because — I swear — half the scenes for this drama have been of men sitting across a table from other men (and occasionally women), having conversations to purposefully provide exposition. Because they have to explain for the audience how trading stocks and taking over a company will weaken our villain, who seems impervious to everything.

One of my biggest gripes with this drama has been the pacing, which somehow manages to rush through the interesting bits while being excruciatingly sluggish when it comes to the actual systematic take down of our final boss. So with only two episodes left, I was expecting — hoping, really — that all the anticipation would finally culminate in an ending that was a thrill-ride from start to finish. Alas, that was not the case, and our final two episodes lagged in the beginning, as newly appointed chief prosecutor Seok-kyu pulls Hee-woo from Seok-hoon’s case.

Of course, Hee-woo just diverts his attention and resources to the Bando Bank investigation and quickly gathers the witnesses and evidence he needs to bring down Tae-sub’s money man. Seok-kyu, who is — unsurprisingly — still on Team Hee-woo, publicizes that PARK DAE-HO (Hyun Bong-sik) is wanted in connection to their ongoing case against an illegal loan shark business. Dae-ho goes into hiding with the intention of faking his death, but Tae-sub sends his hitman out to kill Dae-ho for realsies. Hee-woo shows up just in time to rescue (and arrest) Dae-ho.

With that case pretty much wrapped up, Hee-woo is free to tackle his next opponent: Seo-yeon, the woman Tae-sub has sent to honey trap Hee-woo. It’s another relatively uneventful case for Hee-woo because he knew she was up to no good the moment he saw her. A lobbyist with an arms dealing side-business, Seo-yeon is another familiar face from Hee-woo’s former life. She, too, died from a suspicious suicide a mere day before the prosecution was going to go public with their investigation of Tae-sub, and shortly thereafter, Seung-hyuk also died from a supposed drunk driving accident.

Hee-woo makes a deal with Seo-yeon: her life — because Tae-sub will kill her once he finds out she’s doing business with other shady individuals — in exchange for giving KIM JIN-WOO (Kim Young-hoon), Ji-hyun’s male counterpart, a staged voice recording of Hee-woo admitting he was teaming up with her to break the law. More on that later, but first…

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/05/again-my-life-episodes-15-16-final/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Ji Eun Shares Thoughts On Conclusion Of “Again My Life,” Most Memorable Scene, And More

Following the conclusion of “Again My Life,” Kim Ji Eun has looked back on the drama and her role!

SBS’s “Again My Life” is about a talented prosecutor who gets a second chance at justice after failing to bring down a powerful individual. Kim Ji Eun stars as Kim Hee Ah, a genius and the youngest daughter of Cheonha Group’s CEO who teams up with passionate prosecutor Kim Hee Woo (Lee Joon Gi).

Now that the drama has come to an end, Kim Ji Eun commented, “To the point where I’d want to return to the start of filming if I had the opportunity to turn back time, it was such a fun and meaningful period where I got to look back on myself. It was such a precious time because I got to work with all our staff members, in addition to the director, as well as my amazing senior and junior actors. Everyone, you’ve worked so hard.”

Kim Ji Eun continued, “Lastly, I want to say thank you to all the viewers who enjoyably watched and were with us for these precious times. If there ever comes a moment where you want to try life ‘again,’ I hope you will find hope and comfort through ‘Again My Life.'”

Kim-Ji-Eun1-768x641.jpeg

The actress thought back to when she first learned about her character, saying, “When I first met the bold yet lovable Kim Hee Ah, I thought a lot about how I should portray her. As she’s a character with a big narrative, [I wondered,] whether I’d be able to do well, and I wanted to try to express the process of fighting for her family and [Cheonha] Group in a flexible manner.”

Kim Ji Eun added, “Although there were some regretful aspects, I think I was able to portray the character well thanks to all the help I received from the director, who always views the big picture, and my senior actors. I learned a lot within that journey so I am grateful to have been able to act as the character of Kim Hee Ah.”

When asked to pick the most memorable scene, Kim Ji Eun answered, “In the drama, Hee Ah realizes that Hee Woo’s actions and goals she suspected are the same as hers, and I think that moment of ‘If we can’t cut ties, I will personally move forward,’ is the motivation that helps Hee Ah decide she will stay with him. That’s why that scene where she decides to work with Hee Woo, whom she trusts, was the most memorable.”

Lastly, Kim Ji Eun shared a message to viewers, saying, “Thank you for being with ‘Again My Life’ until now and supporting our fight against evil. I was happy to meet you as Hee Ah, to the point where I am proud of the fact that I’m a part of this project’s team. I hope those sentiments were also conveyed to viewers and I will seek you out again with another good project and good acting. Please continue to give me lots of love and attention!”

“Again My Life” aired its finale on May 28, which recorded an average nationwide rating of 10.5 percent, successfully concluding its run at No. 1.

Kim Ji Eun Shares Thoughts On Conclusion Of “Again My Life,” Most Memorable Scene, And More | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 Characters Whose Fates Are Forever Altered In Episodes 15-16 Of “Again My Life”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 31, 2022
by shalini

After eight weeks of crime fighting, “Again My Life” and its hero have reached the end of the line. Jo Tae Seob (Lee Kyung Young) remains the final domino that Kim Hee Woo (Lee Joon Gi) must topple. But his henchmen make for formidable opponents during Hee Woo’s fight to reach the last boss. Old enemies rear their heads for a final showdown, and ambivalent allies come through in the last hour. So who’s left standing at the end? Read on to find out!

Here are five characters whose fates were irrevocably changed in the finale!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 15-16 below.

1. Park Sang Man: a complete recovery

ji-chan.jpg

As the up-and-coming investor CEO who purchases the construction company Tae Seob had his eye on, none of Hee Woo’s friends was in more danger than Park Sang Man (Ji Chan). Hee Woo warns Sang Man not to head out anywhere on his own and to always take Lee Yeon Seok (Choi Min). Naturally, Sang Man doesn’t heed the warning, resulting in Dr. K (Hyun Woo Sung) successfully throwing him off the same building that killed Hee Woo. Surprisingly enough, Sang Man survives the fall but is left in a coma for the bulk of the show’s finale. It’s equally hard to believe that Tae Seob just leaves Sang Man as is without pulling the classic poison-in-IV-drip maneuver that he’s already used on Kim Hee Ah’s (Kim Ji Eun’s) father. Somehow, Sang Man manages to cling to life and fully recovers by the end. It’s a bit unbelievable, but hey, he deserves a win!

2. Han Ji Hyun: a second life

Han Ji Hyun (Cha Joo Young) has been a silent, steady presence throughout the entire show. Unfortunately, her greatest moments come at the very start, when she gives Hee Woo a new lease on life, and at the very end, where she reveals her trump card. But to understand her, we must return to the day that shaped her into Tae Seob’s ice-cold aide.

The most overlooked member of Tae Seob’s posse, Kim Jin Woo (Kim Young Hoon), is the worst of them. We find out that he was the one who set fire to the orphanage that housed Han Ji Hyun (Cha Joo Young) and her brother, Hee Woo’s nemesis, Dr. K. Tae Seob ran in himself, using his own body as a shield to save the kids from a burning room. (Really, where did that man go, and how did he turn into the fellow who casually orders murder sprees now?). Ji Hyun overhears Tae Seob roaring at Jin Woo for setting fire to a building with kids inside. Jin Woo is defiant, saying that he’d do it again, anything for Tae Seob. Yikes. As a result, a traumatized Ji Hyun grows up resenting Tae Seob while her brother grows up idolizing the man who rescued him from the fire. It all makes sense.

cha-joo-young-1.jpg

Ji Hyun finally teams up with Hee Woo in the finale, having stayed by Tae Seob’s side out of fear of how easily he could ruin her if she tried to go against him. Completely unprompted, she sits down with the wonderful Kim Han Mi (Kim Jae Kyung) for an interview, exposing Tae Seob to the world. It’s a take-down that shatters Tae Seob’s public image in a way that even Hee Woo wasn’t able to do because Ji Hyun was by his side for so long. It’s sad in the sense that Ji Hyun acknowledges that Tae Seob didn’t start out with bad intentions. But his quest to amass power to do good turned him into the very sort of monster he abhorred.

Spoiler

cha-joo-young-2.jpg

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1521735wpp/5-characters-whose-fates-are-forever-altered-in-episodes-15-16-of-again-my-life

• Like 3

SBS’s “Again My Life” swept the No. 3 spot on both lists in its final week, with Lee Joon Gi rising to No. 3 in the actor rankings and Lee Kyung Young climbing to No. 10.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of May are as follows:

1. JTBC “My Liberation Notes” 
  2. tvN “Our Blues”
  3. SBS “Again My Life”
  4. JTBC “Green Mothers’ Club”
  5. KBS2 “Bloody Heart”
  6. tvN “Sh**ting Stars
  7. KBS2 “Gold Mask”
  8. KBS2 “It’s Beautiful Now”
  9. SBS “Woori the Virgin
  10. MBC “From Now On, Showtime!

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Son Suk Ku (“My Liberation Notes”)
  2. Kim Ji Won (“My Liberation Notes”)
  3. Lee Joon Gi (“Again My Life”)
  4. Han Ji Min (“Our Blues”)
  5. Jung Eun Hye (“Our Blues”)
  6. Lee Min Ki (“My Liberation Notes”)
  7. Kim Woo Bin (“Our Blues”)
  8. Kang Han Na (“Bloody Heart”)
  9. Lee Joon (“Bloody Heart”)
  10. Lee Kyung Young (“Again My Life”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1528959wpp/my-liberation-notes-and-its-stars-reign-over-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings-in-final-week-on-air

• Like 3

1:12...the two of them really show that being smart is sexy   :D

Tae Sub was a smart villain although Im a little disappointed that he didnt suspect that

all these cases were orchestrated. 

FT37vvaWIAA8nDQ?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 2

NEW EVENT!  

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa  

Vote NOW!  :piggydance:

Chingus, love them or hate them! You can’t ignore them. :coolshades:

K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, webtoons and web-novels are making a big splash in the entertainment industry. Vote for your favourite K-Dramas and let us know the ones you absolutely hated.

re:  Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

• Like 2