[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

Yi Jin ah ya got some explaining to do! Who's this Da Eun chick!? Well, at least it successfully diverted Hee Do's attention from wetting herself LoL!

Ms. Stinky Attitude throws a hissy fit over a match that didn't go her way. Girl PLEASE. She needs a huge slice of humble pie pronto. Her dad is super sweet too~ how the heck did she end up like this..!?

The disrespect from the media, male coach... heck Hee Do's own mom didn't even call to congratulate her own daughter for goodness sakes! And here Ms. Stinky Attitude is playin' the victim dear Lord.

So what if they make her out to be the Cinderella of fencing all 'cause she's pretty & poor?! Look, even Cinderella knew to be kind & not once played a victim. Fine Yoo Rim is pretty, what's the big deal? Her attitude makes her ugly imho.

I just love how she still has Yi Jin by her side. I worry for him now though ha-ha. The ahjusshis at the eatery place cheering her on awww~

• Like 6

I am curious about ep 8 , I really want to know more about lover yi jin.

He was also like heedo and her 3 day bf, super cringey dialogues.

I wonder what happened to yurim in the preview?

Did she finally accept her loss or is she moving away from her place due to debt?

Will she not be able to continue fencing?

Ahhh I just want another match between yurim and heedo so the whole world and yurim can see heedo winning without any doubt.

The public is just crazy, and media more crazier, what bribing the referee, what does that even mean?

They are saying something that doesn't even make sense, and yurim that was really wrong, she should have just kept quiet and not play victim card.

Heedo too should have kept her calm. 

I am looking forward to the know more about this da eun girl. Baek yi jin, the lover.

That last scene was hilarious , it was like heedo was going to kill him

• Like 4

3 hours ago, daisy_txt said:

(Warning: Yurim rant incoming)

Just watched the episode and I’m finding it really, really, really hard to like Yurim. I know she has motivations/feelings etc etc but that doesn’t change the fact that she has been so mean to Heedo (for no reason!!!!) all season just because she’s jealous and insecure. Now she’s being a sore loser because she didn’t win the gold and almost caused Heedo to get witch hunted by the whole country. Literally the number 1 rule of sports is to have good sportsmanship. Plus silver isn’t even bad, in sports you win some you lose some and all you can do is try your best. Even if she genuinely believes that the ref made a bad call the way she behaved was completely unforgivable, she could have at least PRETENDED to congratulate Heedo for the cameras or something  

This episode I almost skipped her scenes because her character annoyed me sm, if the writers are planning some kind of redemption arc they better hurry up because it’s been 7 eps, I really don’t like this girl and don’t think I ever will

Omg same sis! I'm really done with her. You're almost skipped her scenes but sorry not sorry I already skipped her scenes with her dad and ji woong lol.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Ms. Stinky Attitude throws a hissy fit over a match that didn't go her way. Girl PLEASE. She needs a huge slice of humble pie pronto. Her dad is super sweet too~ how the heck did she end up like this..!?

If you have noticed the only person Yu-Rim has a stinky attitude towards to is Hee-Do. She's nice to everyone else. I think Yu-Rim is not your typical second female lead that you see in other dramas. One can agrue she could had been the heroine of the story, if this story was told another way. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kboramint said:

If you have noticed the only person Yu-Rim has a stinky attitude is Hee-Do. She's nice to everyone else. I think Yu-Rim is not your typical second female lead that you see in other dramas. One can agrue she could had been the heroine of the story, if this story was told another way. 

I wouldn't say that she is nice to everyone else. Certainly polite, but nice? I doubt it.

She wasn't nice on national TV, either.

She could be a heroine of the story from another POV, but so could everyone be. 

I really think that there is a grave distance between HD and YR, beyond rich and poor. HD has no support but YJ, as you see her wandering at night and having nobody who calls her, and "running away" from home. Her mother didn't call her, neither to congratulate nor of worry. If YR was wandering around at night, her parents would have called her.

The first person to actually congratulate HD was the old man in the restaurant offering her soju. Not even YJ congratulated her, he just interviewed her. This episode was so hurtful, as fencing is tied to her dead dad and her first gold ruined by people slandering her as thief, accentuated with YR's father hugging her and comforting her. 

The only one YR is nice to is her fanboy, everyone else she keeps at distance. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, agenth said:

I wouldn't say that she is nice to everyone else. Certainly polite, but nice? I doubt it.She wasn't nice on national TV, either.

The only one YR is nice to is her fanboy, everyone else she keeps at distance. 

I think she is quite nice to BYJ And she seems also appreciate her fans, when NHD gave her umbrella, she keep it for long time, also when she chatting with online friend. . .so she isn't really nice to everyone but she will be nice as long as the others are also nice to her first

Thats why its more hurtful when she is really harsh to NHD because NHD is fan of her and being really really nice to her, instead of her being nice back to NHD, she use NHD as punching bag and bullied NHD. Thats really the worst feeling ever and I can really feel NHD pain. I like how NHD caliing her out for being 'two faced' because how different she is toward everyone else (whos nice to her) but mean to NHD

• Like 3

@kboramint

Ah--you must have taken an offense over my comment on Yoo Rim eh LoL. Nice? Hardly. More like civil perhaps? She's nice to her parents, Ji Woong (for obvious reasons) Everyone else, she is just civil.

Well, not all sfl come between the otp or is in a love triangle. They are also two faced and only the fl knows her (sfl) "true face", which is Yoo Rim here. 

What I like about this drama is how real and relatable the characters are. They are either people who remind you of someone or of your own selves growing up. I just don't get Yoo Rim's meanness toward Hee Do aside from jealousy. 

Normally her character is shaped from having a toxic environment. But Yoo Rim has a loving home with supportive parents - I still don't find her likable. That's all LoL.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I wanted to say this since last week. The directing. God, the directing! The directing is reallyyyy good. I love how they always put transition of paralelled events in the match. It adds necessary layers to the match and to the narrative as well. Little Hee Do is so adorable and the father daughter moment got me in tears. That scene when Hee Do explains to Yi Jin that athletes can feel who's faster is just beautiful. Props to the actors and directors who give life to it.

I notice that Tae Ri has this sparkling eyes even in the scene when she's not crying/being emotional. This is actually my first time watching her and i wonder does she always have that soulful eyes, is it the editing effect, or is she just so tired and lack of sleep? Anyway she's really a gem. 

Forgot to add this, i see ep 8 text preview. Seems like today Hee Do will find out about his ex gfs, with plural "s" :eats2:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

My feeling was all over the place .... 

Spoiler

Love all the scenes with her sweet father .... 

Love her coach for her commentaries ... so she is her previous idol .. 

Grateful for BYJ for being a good journalist by getting the fact "to educate" the public and of course as a special close friend for the full support and the the last scene is unforgettable.    

Credit to the owners

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bee_wannabe said:

I wanted to say this since last week. The directing. God, the directing! The directing is reallyyyy good. I love how they always put transition of paralelled events in the match. It adds necessary layers to the match and to the narrative as well. Little Hee Do is so adorable and the father daughter moment got me in tears. That scene when Hee Do explains to Yi Jin that athletes can feel who's faster is just beautiful. Props to the actors and directors who give life to it.

I notice that Tae Ri has this sparkling eyes even in the scene when she's not crying/being emotional. This is actually my first time watching her and i wonder does she always have that soulful eyes, is it the editing effect, or is she just so tired and lack of sleep? Anyway she's really a gem. 

Forgot to add this, i see ep 8 text preview. Seems like today Hee Do will find out about his ex gfs, with plural "s" :eats2:

Hi @bee_wannabecan u share the text preview, please?! Thank you!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

I don't think Hee-do can be a public figure if she can't handle tough questions from the media and the criticism from the public.   

She's 19 (18 internationally) and she's relatively new to this whole press and public attention. For me her leaving the press con and NTC is much better than throwing fit and spitting more fire that comes out of her anger because the latter can bring more harm to her and others.

Yurim is not innocent. But i guess the real culprit is the press. Some of them ask questions that can spice the reports and bring more attention. They use tricky wording that can fit their narrative and evoke the interviewee's emotion.

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

Yu-Rim is from a poor family, and Hee-do is from a rich family that was able to send her to France to let her train in fencing. 

They were in france first before she trained to fence. Her mom is a correspondent. They're probably there for her job for some period of time and her dad wants her to have some activity during the stay. If taekwondo is a must do sport for most children in korea, i bet it's fencing in france.

@luffie here is the original text. Someone usually post the translation later here and in twitter as well.

• Like 4

I think the reason why YR always being mean to HD is part of her insecurities. Remember the clip when she always lost in every battle with HD in their younger age? HD is her phobia. The one who can take away everything she has until right now. For someone who try to give happiness to her family, I can understand her feelings. But that doesn’t justify the things she does anyway. But again, they were only teenagers being immature and making mistakes in that era. The guilt she had might be the thing that get her closer to HD later on.

For YJ, what can you say more? I can see why KNetz named him as the icon of nation’s first love now. LOL

• Like 6
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Thanks Zero.  You really worked hard!

omo i literally laughed out at this one!!

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

YR was being competitive and all determined to beat HD with her number of flex.. no chance for her to try show off.. everything turned hilarious!

HD worying her red tomato flex face (maybe the constipated look???) in  front of YJ before the whole gear flew off

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

YJ wearing HD’s slippers was ooooohhhh and him carrying her (like a statue!!) was whoooooahh then comes WJ asking “hyung” to carry him became wahahaha!!

can’t wait to watch this..

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Can some 2521 fans calm down and stop going to Bona's Instagram page posting hate comments thinking she's really Ko Yu-Rim. LOL.

oops!

this indirectly proves that her acting is really good to make so many people hate her character!

55 minutes ago, bee_wannabe said:

She's 19 (18 internationally) and she's relatively new to this whole press and public attention.

agreed on this!

the usual attention for a winner is awe and congratulations from press and everyone, but this first gold she had became filled with toxic doubts HD wasn’t prepared to face this, it came too sudden.. and the scene with her mom on tv, its almost like an identical “betrayal” coach had the last time.. before she was a friend, she is a reporter.. now before she is a mother, she is yet again, a news anchor.

but secretly, i hope her mom was the one who gave the go ahead to YJ to chase after the referee at the airport.. she doesn’t give away the crucial piece of news to UBS people that she is HD’s mom, but we can see she was feeling all proud when HD made it into the finals and won the gold..

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

So, I rewatched the present day timeline story for episode 7, and the reason why we haven't seen Kim Min-Chae's father is that he's out of country and can not return because of quarantine restrictions. So, I'm assuming this is taking place mid 2021. 

• Like 4

Ep 7 was not how I imagine at allllllllll. Instead of feel good victory, it became a really intense— media frenzy but another excellent episode! Media sensationalization is real and the public falls for it every time. 

The match scenes was done so well and even though the up close shots (the zoomed in super close up shots like you are the ref) gave me a little headache, it was masterful in bringing you into the moment and a hint of sort of what was to come re the referee’s call. 

The 2 characters that I was miffed about more than YR was the mother and the male coach because as adults, they didn’t do much to protect the girls. I def sympathize with HD for not wanting to go home and the scene with the old uncles at the restaurant was sweet. 

People leaving those comments about hating YR on Bona’s social media are really sad; they should seek help. Please separate the actress vs a really realistic fictional character!!!

Bona should be praise for really bringing it as an unsecured character! Like I said the tell tale sign of a very insecure person is when they blame everyone except themselves and play victim. YR is reallllly insecure when it comes to HD and is in denial. Let’s see how this progress. 

I loved HD’s coach - her cheering on HD as an announcer was too funny and sweet, the flashback to HD’s father, and of course YJ to the rescue. So now we know that there is a father working abroad and it’s not YJ. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1