[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

19 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

Yeah, she was 30 years old when she did become his concubine which speaks a lot with how much he really did love her cause at the time when women for the king was important to carry a heir, Consort UI was considered already old to bear children.

and only started bearing offspring when he had her become a concubine.

Indeed.. rare when 30 years old back then were considered old... for childbearing..... 200 years later.. 30 is the new 18:lol: as working career became more important than having a child...

Ep8 is not over yet and you already have ep9 preview... haha

Yeah, San was angry with Deok Im's preceived lack of interest on him... but as always San will save Deok-im again later on... i bet the old king will remember that he gave to book to Deok Im? End of the problem.... 

But i wonder when will they remember that they met each other when they were young? Visiting the old queen in death?  Deok-im certainly remembers but not Yi-san as he didnt even get her name when they were young...

• Like 2

All these makes me wan to watch The Crowned Clown again.. i didnt get to finish the drama, i thought it was just too dark at one point.. maybe its the lighting, just like in the Red Sleeve even...hmm... it was a happy ending right?.... if im not mistaken, the queen did follow the fake king, eventually in the last episode?.....

2 hours ago, czakhareina said:

Yeah, she was 30 years old when she did become his concubine which speaks a lot with how much he really did love her cause at the time when women for the king was important to carry a heir, Consort UI was considered already old to bear children.

and only started bearing offspring when she had his become a concubine.

So with 16 episodes only, I guess we must be prepared for a big time jump? Yi San was one of my favourite (77 eps) and she only became his concubine close to around eps 65-70 if I am not mistaken.

Hi everyone, thanks for all sharing and all your postings. This red sleeve cuff is getting very intense and I regret starting to watch early. Its so bittersweet and I am on tenterhooks and waiting till after midnight to catch the latest! Should have waited until the drama is nearing the end then only start...

3 hours ago, simplesim said:

So with 16 episodes only, I guess we must be prepared for a big time jump? Yi San was one of my favourite (77 eps) and she only became his concubine close to around eps 65-70 if I am not mistaken.

Hi everyone, thanks for all sharing and all your postings. This red sleeve cuff is getting very intense and I regret starting to watch early. Its so bittersweet and I am on tenterhooks and waiting till after midnight to catch the latest! Should have waited until the drama is nearing the end then only start...

yeah most likely there would be a time jump...

I dont think they can continue it at this age of the character, since technically they are teenagers now..

and DI officialy become a concubine at 30 years old...

the wait for each episode is nerve wracking but man it such an intense feels. hahaha

Junho IG story update

JangHee Jin IG update

• Love 2

ep 7 was  so good    :wow1:

Junho is simply excellent in this role 

Whether its an emotional scene or an action scene or a shirtless scene...   

that orange hidden in YS' sleeve is true evidence of love.

He wasnt ashamed at all.   :D

the orange scene between Lee San and Lady Seo was hilarious..  :lol:

finally DR was speechless because of that ornament. He didnt expect it to be for his sister and he

just stared at DeokIm. 

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

ep 7 was  so good    :wow1:

Junho is simply excellent in this role 

Whether its an emotional scene or an action scene or a shirtless scene...   

that orange hidden in YS' sleeve is true evidence of love.

He wasnt ashamed at all.   :D

the orange scene between Lee San and Lady Seo was hilarious..  :lol:

finally DR was speechless because of that ornament. He didnt expect it to be for his sister and he

just stared at DeokIm. 

yes it was. Gawd it was epic

and yes he is. he really has made his Yi san very memorable 

his mood changes his aura and I like it... and lee seyoung also is perfect as deokim...

and they are so adorable together... hahahaha

Soo far we've seen a couple of "gifts" that San has given DI

The books, seeing the flowers bloom, then the tangerine... all of his favorite things

That orange/tangerine/mandarin was the cutest. he is so adorable

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, czakhareina said:

yeah most likely there would be a time jump...

I dont think they can continue it at this age of the character, since technically they are teenagers now..

and DI officialy become a concubine at 30 years old...

the wait for each episode is nerve wracking but man it such an intense feels. hahaha

Ya, they are 19 and 18 now. Come to think of it Seo Jin was a bit old for Yisan.

Junho is perfect for the age and transition. LOL

Nerve wreaking is an understatement. I kept checking every single thing online. Have not been so "hooked" since the good old days at soompi. This show makes me delurk here after many years...

• Like 1

ep 8 is even better...i'm so happy they found each other...they know who they are...loved the hug scene so much...i do hope her brother will become a royal guard...San is so alone...everybody  plot...trying to kill him...

• Like 3

Hi Chingus,

I have been lurking, but just had to pop in :D

I am putting these under spoilers, only because I do not know how many ppl have watched episodes 7 and 8 yet or not :ph34r:

Spoiler

When episode 7 started or rather restarted from the bath scene, I was wondering if Yi San and Deok Im would grow closer. 

We saw, however, during the episode that Deok Im found out that she was "setup" to attract the crown prince's attention in the library and that she is part of Head Court Lady Jo's bigger plan to be her eyes and ears in the crown prince's palace. 

Now if that is not a budding romance damper, then I do not know what is, unless you are equally scheming.

While her attraction to Yi San was growing, I can only imagine how she felt once she connected all the dots. The crown prince can love as and show affection without it looking as if he is scheming. A court lady on the other hand has so much to lose. She must have wondered if they hadn't met as they had, would he have ever set eyes on her; would she have had the chance to gotten to know him like she did now? The shock, the pain, the disappointment.

Thus, during the tangerine scene when Deok Im  "rejected" Yi San's pretty much confession. I can again only imagine what she was going through. 

That is why the ending of episode 8 is so poignant. From Yi San' s pov it affirmed his love even more. From  Deok Im's point of view I feel that she must have almost sensed relief, that they had a connection, a connection ironically again which Head Court Lady was indirectly responsible for, but one that wasn't manipulated.

These two truly have good chemistry, I hope they grow from strength to strength, both the characters and actor/actress.

• Like 2

Ep 8 would have been better without that court lady's cult... so she got bitter when the king didnt choose her as his concubine, instead, her best friend.... hence the revenge... 

While San might be interested to know the palace maid who helped him when he was a boy, but i doubt there was a romantic feelings back then, but with the connections revealed now, made it more precious to him, as he had realised his feelings to her earlier in the previous episode... 

Now, when people say it took San 15 years to get Deok im to be his concubine, did they count the childhood time? Haha.. coz j just want them to be together already!:lol:

• Like 5

However, first place in the time slot still went to MBC’s hit historical drama “The Red Sleeve,” which successfully remained in the double digits despite dipping slightly to an average nationwide rating of 10.5 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-red-sleeve-and-now-we-are-breaking-up-continue-fierce-ratings-battle/#ixzz7E8btl2uf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chdom said:

Gosh, I get stressed watching this drama. Every episode is like walking on eggshells.

Aigoo... I agree totally with you. Watching with bated breathe! I love the romance but hate all the darkness and cruelty.

• Like 2

Hi everyone I'm new here :)

I just started watching this after reading the synopsis online and was wondering if anybody knows why Deok Im was eventually made San's concubine instead of the Queen? The fact that she is a concubine takes away the heart-fluttering romance in this drama because it kind of feels like she is a mistress? And it even makes San look like a womaniser since she's just one of the concubines lol. I mean if San loves her so much she would have been the only woman in his life i.e. the Queen instead of just one of the many concubines?

Edited by baconham
  • Like 1

So Im Hooked to this series,maybe this is (also King Affection) That sageuk drama that i watch because of the story and the lead cast. So i read this  is based on true story of the beloved and the only concubine that king jeong jo (yi san) loved so much ,duk im aka Royal Noble Consort Uibin Seong. If they go by history correct prior to this drama and some said duk im become concubine at 30,well their love life its kinda sad and tragic story:( .

duk im died young at 33 because of cancer. 

they have 3 children,the first children prince died at age 3,second one princess died after born and the third unborn because duk im died prior to her sickness. 

King Jeongjo (yisan) wrote her epitaph where he described his grief and declared his love for her. It was said that Lady Seong (duk im) is the only woman he loved amongst his wives.

well some of the stories is not historical correct in this drama. like duk im have seven siblings,also king jeonjo already have a queen (Queen Hyoui) at aged of 9. 

so maybe they modified the story a little bit. but well see what happen to yisan and duk im in this series.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

16 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Im waiting for him to wear a light pink hanbok...      

LOl... so you noticed the different, beautiful colors. This is the 1st sageuk (if I am not mistaken) that there are so many colors. I remember in the past, they always only wear one color (eg Jumong 81 eps) so boring.

So far he's worn turquoise blue (or green) in ep02 and ep08.

Dark green ep05

Lime green + dark blue combo ep07 and also light blue ep07

I guess maybe light purple coming but light pink am not so sure... hahaha...

• Like 1