[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

On 11/21/2021 at 3:37 AM, realistic2280a said:

and he wasnt even buried next to her, as she died earlier... their son was made crown prince but also left early.

You mean they actually stayed together?! I am sad he was not buried next to her. 

3 hours ago, smhelen said:

You mean they actually stayed together?! I am sad he was not buried next to her. 

Yes, she bore him nearly 3 children, according to wiki, she was pregnant with her 3rd child when she passed away with liver cancer...  not sure if it is true, she could have been kill for all we know, since the king favours her so much. 

(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Noble_Consort_Uibin_Seong)

I didnt read where she was buried but the King was buried with the Queen, since Deok Im wasnt elevated to a queen status.

The queen apparently didnt bear the king any child and they were married when she was 9 years old! Talk about  marriages with minor, of course that's politiics ... sigh...

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The.Lannister said:

In the promo for episode 5 why is Deok-im in that get up which I think is what royals wear? Those wiggly hairclips and really heavy headpiece...I remember seeing royals wear it in other dramas. Is she being presented as a possible bride for the crown prince by his mother?? :confused:

No. It’s just her graduation ceremony to Full Court Lady as In the court structure only the Queen is actually married to the King. The best a Court Lady can expect is to be high ranking favored concubine and have her son be the heir. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

On 11/25/2021 at 6:02 AM, realistic2280a said:

Yes, she bore him nearly 3 children, according to wiki, she was pregnant with her 3rd child when she passed away with liver cancer...  not sure if it is true, she could have been kill for all we know, since the king favours her so much. 

(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Noble_Consort_Uibin_Seong)

I didnt read where she was buried but the King was buried with the Queen, since Deok Im wasnt elevated to a queen status.

The queen apparently didnt bear the king any child and they were married when she was 9 years old! Talk about  marriages with minor, of course that's politiics ... sigh...

I have to log in because i was so shocked that she was 9 years old when she was crown princess. But after Googled it I learned Yi San is 2 years older than her and they got married when he was 11! Thats very important information cause without it, you are indirectly making people think the Crown Prince was an adult that married a little child. Its still bad tho. 

“Nationwide rating of ‘The Red Sleeve’ ep5 was 8.8%,the metropolitan area rating was 8.1%,ranking 1st in the same time slot,ascending to the throne of Fri-Sat.The highest rating soared to 10.2%”
#옷소매붉은끝동 #TheRedSleeve         
#이준호 #2PM #JUNHO
#LeeJunho #LeeSeYoung https://t.co/DLZ1miFh8S

3 hours ago, G L said:

I have to log in because i was so shocked that she was 9 years old when she was crown princess. But after Googled it I learned Yi San is 2 years older than her and they got married when he was 11! Thats very important information cause without it, you are indirectly making people think the Crown Prince was an adult that married a little child. Its still bad tho. 

Whatever  else you can say about Royal Joseon they never married little girls to grown men like the European monarchies. Both children were always roughly the same age  and tended to become parents by 14 or 15. Yi Sans mother was married at 9 and had her first child at 14 for instance. 

• Like 2

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” shows no signs of slowing down!

On November 26, the new historical romance drama starring 2PM’s Lee Junho and Lee Se Young achieved its highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the fifth episode of “The Red Sleeve” jumped to an average nationwide rating of 8.8 percent, marking a significant increase in viewership from its previous episode.

Additionally, for the first time since its premiere, “The Red Sleeve” managed to take first place in its time slot across all channels, beating out SBS’s popular romance drama “Now We Are Breaking Up” (which airs in the same time slot).

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-red-sleeve-surpassed-now-we-are-breaking-up-as-it-soars-to-new-all-time-ratings-high/#ixzz7DNsWs49D

7 hours ago, G L said:

Crown prince and princess got married early but they won’t consume the marriage until they reach a certain age. That’s what I read somewhere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, G L said:

It wasnt my intention to mislead readers, i was surprised myself to know that the queen was 9 when she got married... political marriages are normal in the old days and not now unless its in underdevelop countries... or those claiming to be ^traditional^.... 

With the wide access of information online, crosschecking would be important to get the right facts... and gave curious people more information on certain things, esp history from different countries and cultures... i choose to just write about the queen, but not about the crown prince during that time... 

After seeing so many sajeuk dramas now, when it comes to marriages between the crown prince and the crown princess, historically, it is always a political arrangement between powerful familiies, and never due to the crown prince's own desire... and with Yi San's history, ie the story of his father and grandfather (i have read their history/stories before this drama, due to previous other dramas) more so since he would be powerless until he took over the throne...  he of couse, can choose his secondary wives and concubines after his crown princess is chosen...

----

On the other note, im happy to see the drama overtook NWABU in ratings:lol:... hehe.. i'm mean....  despite liking JKY, i havent have the urge to watch the drama yet... 

Will watch ep5 of Red Sleeve cuff soon 

• Like 3

Ok.. surprised how NWABU subbed episode came out so fast compared to RSC's tonight...

Finished watching ep5, it is clear that in this drama, the king loves his grandson very much and doesnt want him to follow his father's footsteps, hence he tries so hard to make him a perfect heir, fit to become king despite all the problems with previously his son...sigh...

Whats with the Coming of Age large hairdo? Why do some have large hair and others do not?... confusing court stuff:D

Its sad to be the life of court ladies no? Having to follow the king and cp, everywhere, outside when walking, outside their chamber... in bowing positions all the time... how long do they stay that way.. sigh..

Waiting for sub episode 6...:lol:

And congrats on another high ratings... :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Ok.. surprised how NWABU subbed episode came out so fast compared to RSC's tonight...

Finished watching ep5, it is clear that in this drama, the king loves his grandson very much and doesnt want him to follow his father's footsteps, hence he tries so hard to make him a perfect heir, fit to become king despite all the problems with previously his son...sigh...

Whats with the Coming of Age large hairdo? Why do some have large hair and others do not?... confusing court stuff:D

Its sad to be the life of court ladies no? Having to follow the king and cp, everywhere, outside when walking, outside their chamber... in bowing positions all the time... how long do they stay that way.. sigh..

Waiting for sub episode 6...:lol:

Ya, totally agree on this. They sacrificed their whole lives and they get treated badly by the royals too.