Ding Guan Sen as Jin Xi
Wu Di Fei as Lu Jian
An Ge as Lao Li
Liu Jie Yi as Yu Meinan
Cui Yi as Mrs. Yu
Li Ye as Mr. Yu
Li Wen Ling as Granny Li

Synopsis:

Fashion blogger Yu Meiren relies purely on makeup to maintain her appearance. Wanting to use her beauty to retaliate against the man who once rejected her, marks the start of a sweet love story that takes the two from the campus to the countryside.

Botany professor Zhang Yu is completely devoted to his life's work and has been researching the cultivation of sweet wormwood. Indifferent to any otherworldly desires, he unintentionally hurts the feelings of Yu Meiren, a girl from the countryside who has had a crush on him for a long time.

Years later, Yu Meiren graduates with honors and received her Ph.D. in Ornithology. Not wanting the pressures of being in the field of scientific research, she becomes a fashion blogger instead. Yu Meiren and Zhang Yu get off on the wrong foot when they meet again. Zhang Yu has traveled to Qingshui Village for work and happens to find lodging at Yu Meiren's bed and breakfast. She eventually becomes a great help to him. At the same time, he also experiences feelings of love and warmth for the first time that he wouldn't have found from tending to plants.

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse

Please report to moderator @SC2019

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] A Romance of the Little Forest 两个人的小森林
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] A Romance of the Little Forest 两个人的小森林 starring Esther Yu & Vin Zhang
  • 2 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] A Romance of the Little Forest 两个人的小森林, premiered Sept 15, starring Esther Yu & Vin Zhang

Anticipating  this! Looks like an interesting pairing ha. Still can't get used to Esther's voice but guess some guys (most actually) like cutesy type girls.

From trailers alone, it looks like Esther pretty much throws herself onto Bin Bin LoL. He's acting like the typical tsundere.. 

Will watch for Bin Bin only (shrugs).

• LOL 1

@Latte_Anyday Word has been going around that Esther brought 300 outfits (her own) to the set and wore close to half as her role in this drama is that of a fashion blogger. Take that anyway one wants [for those who don't know, she is born with a silver spoon in her mouth but apparently her parents didn't let her take the easy way out and she was brought up pretty much down-to-earth]! As for her voice, tbh, even in the role in her other drama with DiDi, it also grated on my ears a little but wore down after sometime.

@Wuzetian check out the last few seconds of the trailer above, doesn't it remind you of that scene where DFQC and her were kissing when the other pair walked in on them and she was hiding her face in shame?

XWmlq_3f.jpg

Credit: Youku

Note: mouse over and click to enlarge if it's too small to view.

• LOL 1

Read a comment somewhere that they felt this was a poor copy of "You Are My Glory". As both have a fl who fell first but due to prejudice, the ml rejects her (at first) but eventually falls for her - harder.

Honestly, isn't this trope sort of overdone LoL? I mean the whole "Cinderella" or "aloof guy gets his heart won by a cutesy sweet girl" ; it's nothin' new. And yet no matter how many times this trope gets recycled, I still watch ha-ha.

I am sort of watchin' this but it doesn't hold my attention y'know? I mean I've even dozed off a few times LoL sorry. Will still continue watching though.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 4:25 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

Read a comment somewhere that they felt this was a poor copy of "You Are My Glory". As both have a fl who fell first but due to prejudice, the ml rejects her (at first) but eventually falls for her - harder.

Honestly, isn't this trope sort of overdone LoL? I mean the whole "Cinderella" or "aloof guy gets his heart won by a cutesy sweet girl" ; it's nothin' new. And yet no matter how many times this trope gets recycled, I still watch ha-ha.

I am sort of watchin' this but it doesn't hold my attention y'know? I mean I've even dozed off a few times LoL sorry. Will still continue watching though.

Oh God, yes.

You described how I feel correctly.

My attention is not grabbed and held.

First few epis, I skipped and forwarded some scenes. 

I think I will wait for more favorable reviews before I continue to watch this. 

@ElleSor

Yea eheh it's a shame as the ml Vin Zhang is v. talented, not just easy on the eyes. I found out he left Yang Mi's talent agency and moving onto greener pastures.

I feel like post Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, Vin Zhang's work have mostly been duds LoL. He was great on Pretty Li Hui Zhen too. 

As for Esther she's gaining attention from Love Between Fairy & Devil. She's a one note type actress though LoL. She looks adorable in this drama & I do like her style but what I don't like is the way she plays dumb to charm the ml despite her being very smart herself. Also I don't like how she keep throwing herself at the ml ugh. Oh one more thing, she keep pouting or making a kissy face ugh.

Unlike You Are My Glory, all the characters were interesting. In this drama the other cp - Mei Ren's boss with her bestie are so boring. And what's up with sml LoL? He keep butting in & it's annoying. I feel I badly want to drop this but I've come across favorable reviews as well LoL. Oh the predicament.

@Wuzetian this is the video where Esther carries Bin Bin

@ElleSor I've ffed through as I struggled towards the later part but enjoyed the first few episodes. There weren't subs for those and quite a fair bit of the later episodes were devoted to the 2nd couple (Esther's BFF and her boss, believe it or not). As someone on Youtube put it, Esther is really herself, cutesy and IMO having the time of her life I think taking it to extremes (very airhead like).

Not only that, there was this scene where she takes part in a competition with Bin Bin's on-screen younger brother, playing games while wearing cosplay costumes, the sort of games that father-child would play for Sports Day... I felt that this is how she would have behaved with Di Di when not filming (for LBFAD), it's really her, with very little pretense, in all her childish glory.

The context of the story is that Bin Bin's character was someone she appraoched in Uni (her crush) and he stood her up (poor girl waited for him to show up to their date the whole day and got caught in the rain). Later she overhears him saying something degrading about her intelligence. She is devastated of course. A chance meeting later as adults offers her a similar experience whereby he passes extremely unflattering comments about her, again. And she decides to exact revenge on him by making her fall in love with her as an airhead, planning to reveal to him then that she's not what he thinks she is (considering she has a PhD in ornithology). I  think this is the part where it's dissimilar to YAMG (I don't think Reba's character approached YY's out of revenge?)

What's funny is this occasional dialogue in her head, we hear her thoughts as even she herself can't stand her behaviour towards Bin Bin's as she tries to woo him. It's funny to watch at times and cringe-worthy on many other occasions. If one can't stand her, her voice, her on-screen behaviour, then this won't do, one should just give it a miss. Bin Bin's acting is quite, quite watchable and at times one even feels a tinge of pity for his character and it's lack of EQ. 

@Latte_Anyday Bin Bin in Rattan was quite commendable!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@SC2019

Vin Zhang's best chemistry has been with Ariel Lin on "I Will Never Let You Go". Didn't finish "Rattan", heck couldn't get past 2-3 ep. LoL it bored the heck out of me LoL. His worst chemistry was with Sun Yi, "Be Together"  - painful to watch ha-ha.

I know I mentioned previously on only watching this for Vin Zhang but sighs LoL.. I am struggling to keep watching and I think nope I am indeed dropping this. Happy viewing to the rest of y'all! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like this drama so much.. bcoz so easy and cute.. I like the idea, ppl can't judge someone bcoz how their's look or voice..

It's ppl previlege what he/she want became or look like.. she/he can look overwhelming but she/he can also smart.. 

If you give yourself to know someone you can't tolerated before.. you will surprise how wonderfull she/he is..

Tha'ts a point in this drama.. and in real world many ppl like that, judge ppl badly but never know her/him before.. 

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] A Romance of the Little Forest 两个人的小森林